As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Feingold listening session

GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, ProbablyWatertown, WIRegistered User regular
edited November 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
On the 12th, I'll be headed to a listening session for Senator Russ Feingold in Lake Mills. How these work is, you write down the basic topic of what you're going to say and hand it to a staffer. Feingold will make some opening statements, then will take questions/comments/etc. from people in roughly the order that they were recieved. This will go for up to an hour (he has another session scheduled in Beloit a couple hours later).

My hang-up is that I need to figure out what would be best to ask. I have a few topics in mind, but time being what it is, I'm only going to be able to use one. What I've got is this, though I'm open to anything else you might want to hear about:

*My idea for a rotating regional primary. (I split the country into 5 regions of 10 states each. The regions are placed in a set rotation, with whoever went first in Election A going last in Election B. Each region votes simultaneously, with one region a month starting in February. You don't hold your primary on your assigned date, you don't get delegates. If New Hampshire complains, I just tell them federal law supercedes state law and to shut the hell up.)
*Statehood for DC.
*Video game legislation and where he stands on it.

You'll note I'm steering clear of the biggies- Iraq, immigration, health care, etc. Someone else will ask them anyway. I'd rather use my question on something that is probably only going to be brought up by me. I also do not intend to use my one question telling him how great he is.

So with that, prep me for the 12th.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
Gosling on

• Options
    oniianoniian Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Interesting idea about the 5-section primary, my only fear would be that the states proceeding the first ones to vote would vote based partially on the previous round(s). But I guess the 10-states at a time still keeps intact the trial by multiple fires process.

I would be interested my self on hearing about the idea of a single day for all the nations primaries (sort of what France has in place I believe) so the process isn't so swayed or front loaded by certain states. But there are negatives to this idea too.

More importantly, I am far more interested in unbiased government financed political campaigns. The idea that money is the equivalent of free speech is ridiculous to me.

But I say put this to the D&D, they would love this.

oniian on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I would be shocked as hell if Feingold weren't a big supporter for DC statehood.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I did have to think a bit before deciding which forum this fit better; I went with H/A.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.