As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Free PS3 with select Sony HDTVs

BornAgainKBornAgainK Registered User new member
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
Saw this link on the msn homepage:
http://sonycard.sony.com/sonygateway/gateway.asp?offerlink=sonycardhdtvPS3&PID=none&SPID=B7RZ&CELL=6RMQ&MSC=MO400005&AFFID=&CLICK=&CID=&PROMO=DF01

If you apply for the Sony Rewards card you can get a free PS3 with the purchase of select HDTVs. Not a bad deal if you are in the market for a new TV.

bornagainkiller.jpg
BornAgainK on

• AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Saw it at the MSN homepage, huh? Ironic.

Accualt on
  • Warder45Warder45 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Not bad, $499 mean 80Gb right? I already have a PS3 but I was going to get an XBR4 so maybe I can sell it to offset some of the cost of the TV.

Warder45 on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I'd do it if it didn't mean getting another credit card.

Sheep on
  • SnowconeSnowcone Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thats a pretty nice deal. I wonder if there are restrictions on where you can buy the set from.

Snowcone on
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sleep wrote: »
    Just make sure you have enough money to pay it off before you get it.
    Then, hide it in some folder in some closet and hopefully you'll forget about it forever.

Actually opening credit accounts and never using them actually looks good, IIRC.
    (it's the immediate closing of them that looks strange)

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Sleep wrote: »
    Just make sure you have enough money to pay it off before you get it.
    Then, hide it in some folder in some closet and hopefully you'll forget about it forever.

Actually opening credit accounts and never using them actually looks good, IIRC.
    (it's the immediate closing of them that looks strange)

Actually, it won't be me doing it.

Me and my brother share a house. Before hand, I had an apartment and a big CRT HDTV. Well, he really wants an even larger LCD television. Heard tons of great stuff about Sony Bravia, and we both will want a PS3 by the beginning of the year. So...

Sheep on
  • BornAgainKBornAgainK Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    Warder45 wrote: »
    Not bad, $499 mean 80Gb right? I already have a PS3 but I was going to get an XBR4 so maybe I can sell it to offset some of the cost of the TV.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, I have one of the first generation XBRs that don't accept 1080P input and was thinking of getting a new one. Figured since I don't need another PS3 I could sell it to a friend and use the money for a payment.

BornAgainK on

bornagainkiller.jpg
  • scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    man, that KDL40XBR5 looks real tempting.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • FrabbaFrabba Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I too am in the camp of the non-1080P HD-TV crowd. I also have a PS3 already. Tempting to say the least, couple hundred dollars off the cost of the tv after re-selling the PS3.

Frabba on
    I'm big in Internet Spaceships.
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Snowcone wrote: »
    Thats a pretty nice deal. I wonder if there are restrictions on where you can buy the set from.

Has to be bought from sonyrewards.com according to the ad.

As best I can tell, this means you have to get the card, spend enough to get enough points to get a TV, then you get a PS3.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    skarsol wrote: »

As best I can tell, this means you have to get the card, spend enough to get enough points to get a TV, then you get a PS3.

"12 month no interest on tv purchase."

do they charge interest on sony reward points?

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    scootch wrote: »
    skarsol wrote: »

"12 month no interest on tv purchase."

do they charge interest on sony reward points?

They must offer some sort of credit with their reward points, because i dont see any way you can purchase things with actual dollars at sonyrewards.com, and the ad is pretty clear about needing to buy the TV there.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wasn't Sony giving away Free TV's with a PS3 on launch day in, like, london or something? This seems like a much better idea than the other way around.

Burtletoy on
  • CycophantCycophant Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just read the fine print and, as per usual, it's for you dirty Americans only.

Just once, I'd love to see a decent deal like this come up here to Canada. We get a few, but they're much less frequent, and they're always at physical stores, not online places.

Cycophant on
    sig.gif