As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Insert Gaming Tournament/Contest/Event Here] Nation?

Goose!Goose! That's me, honeyShow me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
So, I don't know if its a dirty word here, or if its just an oversight, but I've never seen any talk about anything to do with Madden games. But I had an interesting thought that involves the series, so, here goes:

ESPN regularly (every year) runs a special miniseries based on the games called Madden Nation. Its a reality-esque show where 8 gamers (who represent their favorite teams, which is how they work sports more into it by having players actually play against said reps and hand them signed jerseys) are thrown on a bus and driven across the country to compete against one another in the game in various locations, all NFL cities, until only two remain. Those two then go mano a mano on the big ABC screen in Times Square, with the winner being awarded $100,000 dollars (which is only like 86,345 after taxes or something :-p)...

So, what about other games? Would you ever want to see any game you play regularly become a national competition with that kind of cash as the prize? If so, what format would it follow and what game?

On a side/semi-related note...I'd love there to be an Omegathon show. I don't care if they do it live, or if they just do a one-hour special with highlights...I would watch that. And I'm not a watcher of G4 or anything, so I don't know if other shows like this already exist, so...gimme a break. :D

Thoughts?

Goose! on

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So is it me or is it madden?

Goose! on
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I would definitely watch a show like this if it were about an RTS, or something similar.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png