As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo and More? TBK XVIII || Your mom sucks at updating the OP.

X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford BrimleyRegistered User regular
edited April 2008 in Games and Technology
tbkheaderzc5.jpg
Unofficial Penny Arcade Clan - Established November 9, 2004

The Bees Knees - Thread 18: Three Years of Halo.

tbkthread.png

The Clan

What is this Halo thing?
A good place to start is Halo.Bungie.Org, the biggest and most well-known Halo fansite. Specifically, you should check out the Story Page

What is The Bees Knees?
We are a no-cheaters and no-jerks clan. Created at the launch of Halo 2, we have exceeded the expectations and predictions of people and have been active (more or less) for the past 3 years+.

What do you consider cheating?
  • Modding (spawn modding, gun modding, playlist modding)
  • Boosting for Rank
  • Bridging and Standbying
  • Button glitches (BXR, etc)
  • Superbouncing

Coincidentally, all of these are considered cheating by Bungie aswell.

How do I join the clan? Do I have to be a certain rank?
TBK is kinda unique in that we don't really hold tryouts to get into the clan. All you have to do is show up and not be a jerk. When we've determined that you enjoy playing the game and are not a jerk, you will get a clan invite. You also don't have to be in the clan to play with us. We actually have a few regulars that aren't officially in TBK's clan list but we consider them fellow Bees.

You do not have to be a certain level, although it would help if you know at least all the level layouts and most of the weapon locations. And listen to your teammates - we aren't going to send you to your death on purpose!

To start you off, you should send a friend request to one of the Staff, so that we can get you into games. Please indicate via text or a voice message that you are from the Penny Arcade Forums. Please, please do this. It sucks if you have to repeatedly send us requests and not get anywhere just because you didn't tell us you were from PA.

For now, with the lack of clan support in Halo 3, we're on a loose, friend-list based system. All of the staffers are on each other's friends lists, so as long as someone's online, you'll definitely get to hang out with the whole crew. We're impatiently awaiting the dashboard update so that we can rock every XBL game ever with chivalry and cocks.

What are the (active) Staff's gamertags?
For Halo 3, contact
  • Default Rance
  • FyreWulff Rex
  • Nambkab
  • QuietMessiah
  • Repoman1023
  • SchwarzeKrieg
  • Stachzilla
  • Valnegro
  • X Equals Loser
If you want to play Halo 2 for some crazy reason, hit any of the above with an invite.

Or you could play with thetinwoodsman.

But you wouldn't like that. Too many battle rifles.

I just got Halo 2, or have been away for a long time. What do I need to start playing?
You will need to auto-update Halo 2, then go to Download Content and grab all of the map packs. I think they're all free at this point, and you need them to do any form of matchmaking.

I just got Halo 3. What do I need to start playing?
Not much. If you want to learn the levels to get the jump on matchmaking, go for it. No one's going to complain that you don't know where the rocket launcher is, though.

What time do you guys play?
TBK usually plays at night. And sometimes late into the morning. Night, in this context, is between 7PM-12PM EST. We also try to arrange a specific Halo Night where all TBK members try to simultaneously show up for a couple of hours. This is usually on Wednesday, and the thread title will be changed when this happens.

What's the deal with all your crazy lingo
We have names for specific areas of the map, certain weapon combinations, and certain strategies. Part of this is because we like coming up with these names, another part is because we can say these in the open and the enemy won't know what we're talking about. Finally, for map names, it's a lot shorter to say "Darkcrotch" than "the small hill on the side of the cliff next to blue base" Click here to see an overview of our slang and terms.

Finally...

How do I deal with cheaters?
If you find yourself spawning over and over in one place and dying, the screen going blue a lot, or notice you're playing against someone with a Moon or Halo as their rank:

Send an email to h2cheats@microsoft.com, with a link to the game from Bungie.net, the names of the cheaters, and a general description of what happened. This gets them banned faster.

Misc Questions!

Are you guys on Halo 3?
Yes.

Do you guys play any other games?
Yes, quite a few of the Bees play 360 games. Team Fortress 2 is the game of choice right now.

Can my clan play against your clan in a clanmatch?
Challenge us in our thread and we will try to organize a team! We like the setup of 3 Games: Challenger Choice, Defender choice, and a matchmaking gametype.

Do you guys have a website?
Yessir. http://www.tbkftw.com There's a forum and all sorts of strategies and stuff. It'll start getting some more use once we actually stop playing the game for five minutes.

The Staff
Aren't they cute? Click to check out what goes on in TBK. Feel free to look through the file shares for gametypes and other fun stuff. Check back often. We do fun stuff. Like apparently have sex with my mother on Sandtrap. Feel free to send any of us an invite. Just make sure to say you're from PA, otherwise we will decline your invite and proceed to laugh at you.
default.jpgfyre.jpgnamb.jpg
sandman.jpgrepo.jpgblakout.jpg
stach.jpgval.jpgx.jpg

And with that, I present to you:

X'S CONCEPTION!
vertelephantlj5.jpg

xequalsloser.gif
X Equals Loser on

• Options
    EliteDoomMasterEliteDoomMaster Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I haven't played with any of you cats since Halo 2 two months ago, oy. I need to get on that.

EliteDoomMaster on
    Don't fuck with Mel Gibson, yo.
  • Options
    PredatorPredator __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    sorry for cutting and running last night. My buddies came over and we left right away.
    But it was shotty snipers so you probably did better without me.

Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • Options
    SmashismSmashism Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hmmm, my old Halo crew went back to Gears I guess.
    I'll play as soon as Pharezon is off grounding from his mommmmmmy.

Smashism on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Badman comes back on 11/12. You have 9 days to comply.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    shadeedgeshadeedge Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Balls. Sent a message to Default Rance since I can't add text to friend requests, then find out his friends list is full. Curses.

shadeedge on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GibberxGibberx Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Heh, looks like I'm already friends with half of the staff. If I'm online, I'm always up for games. I'm starting to dislike doing team matchmaking by myself. :(

Gibberx on
    Its+Tryke.png
    PSN: ItsTryke
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am incredibly offended that I am not considered a staff member for Halo3 purposes.
    Especially seeing as I play more games than most of you bastards D:

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't know what you're talking about.

You've been there the whole time.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm just going to pretend you're feigning ignorance.

B.C. on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    How many people besides me even destroyed their Halo 2 disc?

DekuStick on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Not enough.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    my halo 2 disc is still pending destruction, once i have enough spare money to buy new discs for halo 1, 2, and the map pack.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Can_CalyxCan_Calyx Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'll be sending a few of you guys requests; I'd love to find a good group to play with.
    Profane Savior is my name.

Can_Calyx on
    Those Days Different.
  • Options
    MentisMentis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm sending invites, I'm sick of matchmaking.
    I'm TheCJX

Mentis on
    Minecraft & XBL name: TheCJX
    Steam: Ashengor
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think I'm going to sell my Halo 2. Give a kid an opportunity to play a broken sequel.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    VaLiantine wrote: »
    I think I'm going to sell my Halo 2. Give a kid an opportunity to play a broken sequel.

if you get more than 5 dollars I will be surprised.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    sweet

that's totally me being fly on that banner

Ranced on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Cannot wait for the fall update so we can finally have a decent clan list

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Sorry I didn't accept the invites I got earlier. Some dudes decided to play Double Agent and I haven't played that in a long, long time.

Anyway, we should really play against some of the other PA clans if those things actually exist. Be a fun little challenge I guess.

Ranced on
  • Options
    SmashismSmashism Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fun game with everyone tonight. Game is way more fun when people you play with are known.

Smashism on
  • Options
    RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I thought Silent was as Staff member too.....

Whenever they get the clan lists going we will probably have another election of sorts for new staff cuz some people *coughtinwoodsmancough* haven't gotten a 360 yet.

love the new thread smell :p

p.s. I'm the prettiest Spartan of them all!

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hell no, my dude is lavender.

He is pretty like a flower.

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Every section of armor on my Spartan is from a different armor set. So far I haven't seen anyone like him. I'm unique like a snowflake!

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Every section of armor on my Spartan is from a different armor set. So far I haven't seen anyone like him. I'm unique like a snowflake!

Except your guy isn't white. But on the other hand no turd is the same either.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Gots my goddamn Safety Steve armor all up ins.
    Nothin' be touchin' on Safety Steve, because he will fuck you up.

While also courteously reminding you to wear a helmet like his.

B.C. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    TBK stuff goes in this thread, kids.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    moar liek tbgay, m i rite?

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    GenericFanGenericFan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey, what timezone do you guys usually play from, and is there any daylight savings going on? You guys sound really cool (no jerks or cheats, yay!), and I'd be looking to play with you guys when I get my 360 back from repair.

I live in the land of the +12 timezone (aka'd as New Zealand), so hopefully it doesn't end up being some weird time.

GenericFan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Daylight savings just ended here in the US. Most players are online around 7-8 pm EST (which is like -5 GMT) till whenever.

To Zercof, I dunno what happened there since I wasn't there. I do know that people will leave to do matchmaking if a) there are only a few Bees in the larger party, b) the custom games are incredible horrible or the party leader has really bad taste in gametypes, c) the custom games are all FFA style or wacky non-team oriented games. The most common I've run into is option C. For some reason, we are not getting the larger parties like we used to have in Halo 2. It's not that there are not enough people online. Most nights I will have around 10 people on my f-list in Halo 3 but each one may be in a separate party of 6-8. So most custom games end up when the party gets a 9th and that's not a good number for the objective gametypes. Instead the custom games end up being Infection, KOH, or races and people tire of those really fast. Even when there is an even number of say 10, the teams won't be evenly matched skill wise. It is kinda weird that H3 has a lot more options for custom games, but we don't play them as much as we used to in H2. (Then again, I remember a time were we would play customs just because everyone was cheating online and it was impossible to get a legit btb game.) And without the unified clan f-list, I guess people will get left out when the Bee's break away for matchmaking.

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
  • Options
    NambkabNambkab Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    New thread smell!

Yeah for the most part I think a lot of the problems are stemming from no unified clan list yet. Hopefully it'll be in the game very soon.

Nambkab on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Nambkab wrote: »
    New thread smell!

Yeah for the most part I think a lot of the problems are stemming from no unified clan list yet. Hopefully it'll be in the game very soon.

I really miss going against other clans and just laughing at their terrible clan names.

XxNeckSnappurzxX

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Or GaySexWipeout?

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yea, but it's the only other PA clan to ever beat TBK in Halo.

:P

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ouch.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Alright, I'll send a few of the staff members invites. I'm usually down to play... but if I'm on before midnightish I'm usually playing w/ RL friends split screen.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm down for some games tonight.

Send an invite when you guys get a party up.

(I couldn't get CoD4 today) :(

Ranced on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I keep meaning to post this in this thread but continually forget.

http://www.matildabay.com/ourbeers/beezneez.html

Blake T on
  • Options
    BlakoutBlakout Lordran's SpookylandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    X you're a terrible person for nearly making me lol in the middle of my programming class with the bit about your conception.

Blakout on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hah.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I know some of you fuckers are getting CoD4 tonight. Let's party up later and take down some commies. americaneagleflag.gif

Also, some Halo before that maybe.

Ranced on