Options

Halo and More? TBK XVIII || Your mom sucks at updating the OP.

1246759

Posts

  • Options
    NambkabNambkab Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So apparently my H3 disc (it was one of the ones that was free in the case rattling around) has decided that High Ground is a map that it doesn't like. At all. So until I get back in town this weekend and harass the local Gamestop until they give me a new disc, hopefully free of charge, I can't really play online. D:

    Nambkab on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh wow.

    My disc is one of those too. I hope it doesn't start fucking up.

    Ranced on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    I would be playing right now (gah dead computers) but it seems my 360 absolutely refuses to sign into Live. On bootup, it signs in FyreWulff Rex but has the "Connect to Live" option, and if I go to do it, it just sits there doing it's animation. Sometimes it gets in but I can only see how many messages I have.

    If I try to go look at them, the dash just freezes up.. sometimes signing into live just signs me out of the profile completely, and when I left Halo 3 to idle for a bit it froze up on the menu :(

    edit: apparently this is happening to a couple other people.

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I would be playing right now (gah dead computers) but it seems my 360 absolutely refuses to sign into Live. On bootup, it signs in FyreWulff Rex but has the "Connect to Live" option, and if I go to do it, it just sits there doing it's animation. Sometimes it gets in but I can only see how many messages I have.

    If I try to go look at them, the dash just freezes up.. sometimes signing into live just signs me out of the profile completely, and when I left Halo 3 to idle for a bit it froze up on the menu :(

    got the same problem glad to know its not just me
    maybe live is down to prep for the update

    Ohtsam on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Good games this afternoon guys. I left abruptly because my mic was messing up and I kept hearing static. Wanted to fix that immediately.

    Ranced on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    dang can't get on xbox.com or major nelson either

    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15077/Xbox-Live-Down-for-Maintenance-Tonight/

    damn maintenance
    going down hours early

    Ohtsam on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    dang can't get on xbox.com or major nelson either

    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15077/Xbox-Live-Down-for-Maintenance-Tonight/

    damn maintenance
    going down hours early


    yeah I tried those two sites first

    also if you look on Bungie, the last game of Halo 3 was played 25 minutes ago in Forge.

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    HALO IS BACK BITCHES GET ON.
    CAPSLOCK FOR EXCITEMENT.

    B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The asshole on the phone at Microsoft wouldn't let my migrate to 360 because the credit card previously on the account went hurrrr. Then the fucker tried to blame it on the maintenance, and I kept trying to tell him the old credit card isn't valid anymore. Idiot.

    Anyhoo, Evil Badman MD is the name for hot HALOZ, only because Evil Badman OBGYN was too long.

    EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    B.C. wrote: »
    HALO IS BACK BITCHES GET ON.
    CAPSLOCK FOR EXCITEMENT.


    no excitement! i forbid it!

    Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Get yourselves off CoD and on Halo. TBK SIGNAL ACTIVATE

    hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    ZercofZercof Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Damn, want to play, but must study for Exam. Fuck.

    Oh, Blink and I were playing Rock Band at BestBuy, and it is awesome! We were sooo close to having some random guy (who apparently sings in a rock band) sing Bon Jovi for us! The glorious moment is now only in our heads, but still, Rock Band > GH3

    EDIT: Badman, you should add me ;-) 'Zercof'

    Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My Gamertag can't be recovered when I moved it to the other 360 in the apartment, so I may be online tonight later if this unfucks itself.

    EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Damn, all the way back on the third page.
    Me and X are currently making his Diabeetus gametype in Forge. If anybody cares to join us so we can get some match making going, please join.

    B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Uh ya. To really piss me off is to ride RIGHT INTO A power drainer and just sit there.

    Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, I took my controller over to my brother's house for some 360 action

    And I uh, kinda left it there.

    So I won't be on until later today. I will get it though because I am desperate for free games.



    Also LOL @ people that thought they were actually going to add Live support to Halo 1 and are now bitching about it. LOL even more at the phrase "they don't want to do it because then everyone would stop playing Halo 3".

    Yeah.

    I really want to go back and play on ugly ass maps with a shitty overpowered starting weapon and stupid physics.

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    ZercofZercof Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Well, I took my controller over to my brother's house for some 360 action

    And I uh, kinda left it there.

    So I won't be on until later today. I will get it though because I am desperate for free games.



    Also LOL @ people that thought they were actually going to add Live support to Halo 1 and are now bitching about it. LOL even more at the phrase "they don't want to do it because then everyone would stop playing Halo 3".

    Yeah.

    I really want to go back and play on ugly ass maps with a shitty overpowered starting weapon and stupid physics.

    I actually just got done playing a Halo 1 LAN with some friends, and it is amazing fun. But only because of the key term "with friends" Halo 1 on Live would take all personal aspects out of the gameplay, and would make it, bad.

    AND, sorry I couldn't make it to H3 with you guys, as I said, my house was raided by friends and I was pulled into some social activity. :|;-) Perhaps tomorrow, or Friday, both are free for me.

    Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    FyreWulff wrote: »

    I really want to go back and play on ugly ass maps with a shitty overpowered starting weapon and stupid physics.

    I SURE DO!!

    no wait. I don't.

    Halo got better with the sequels.

    DekuStick on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    I always played Halo 1 with my brothers/friends with "No Sniping", which removed the pistol. (Seriously. A pistol should not be a sniping weapon.)

    Interestingly, in Halo 2, "No Sniping" does not disable Battle Rifles. It's most interesting effect is on Sanctuary, as the only weapons that change are the sniper rifles into BRs.

    I also consider the campaign and multiplayer seperate. I would gladly go back and play Halo 1 campaign.

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    ZercofZercof Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    God Damn. Level 41 in Lone Wolves and I STILL can't get the Overkill. I have tasted it multiple times, but have been struck down while swinging at the 4th guy!

    Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zercof wrote: »
    God Damn. Level 41 in Lone Wolves and I STILL can't get the Overkill. I have tasted it multiple times, but have been struck down while swinging at the 4th guy!

    I got it during the Infection gametype on Halloween, using my Shotgun as Last Man Standing.

    I'd say a similar approach would be better than using a sword. Get a Shotgun or Mauler and be in a corner of a busily-trafficked area, and hopefully enough people will come by.

    Now, Killing Frenzy... fuck if I know how I'll manage that.

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ZercofZercof Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Zercof wrote: »
    God Damn. Level 41 in Lone Wolves and I STILL can't get the Overkill. I have tasted it multiple times, but have been struck down while swinging at the 4th guy!

    I got it during the Infection gametype on Halloween, using my Shotgun as Last Man Standing.

    I'd say a similar approach would be better than using a sword. Get a Shotgun or Mauler and be in a corner of a busily-trafficked area, and hopefully enough people will come by.

    Now, Killing Frenzy... fuck if I know how I'll manage that.

    I missed out on the Halloween playlist. I was busy that night. Personally, I think it should have been all Halloweek. Overkill is all I need!! (Killing Frenzy I got lucky with on a High Ground match early in my haloness)

    Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I always played Halo 1 with my brothers/friends with "No Sniping", which removed the pistol. (Seriously. A pistol should not be a sniping weapon.)

    Interestingly, in Halo 2, "No Sniping" does not disable Battle Rifles. It's most interesting effect is on Sanctuary, as the only weapons that change are the sniper rifles into BRs.

    I also consider the campaign and multiplayer seperate. I would gladly go back and play Halo 1 campaign.

    It would have been truly great if they had slammed Halo 1/2 into the super expensive helmet edition. But made them co-op online. That would sell. I'd be sucking dudes off behind the olive garden for a piece of that.

    DekuStick on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zercof wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Zercof wrote: »
    God Damn. Level 41 in Lone Wolves and I STILL can't get the Overkill. I have tasted it multiple times, but have been struck down while swinging at the 4th guy!

    I got it during the Infection gametype on Halloween, using my Shotgun as Last Man Standing.

    I'd say a similar approach would be better than using a sword. Get a Shotgun or Mauler and be in a corner of a busily-trafficked area, and hopefully enough people will come by.

    Now, Killing Frenzy... fuck if I know how I'll manage that.

    I missed out on the Halloween playlist. I was busy that night. Personally, I think it should have been all Halloweek. Overkill is all I need!! (Killing Frenzy I got lucky with on a High Ground match early in my haloness)

    The achievements were easier to get legitimately back when the game launched.

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    PredatorPredator __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=fSmmod9LaAk
    I found a girl for a TBKer.

    Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Predator wrote: »
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=fSmmod9LaAk
    I found a girl for a TBKer.

    her voice.. OMG.. it hearts my ears. Eh. not my type.

    "has to be a guy who doesn't want to talk about sex all the time"

    HAHAHHAHAH HAHHAHAH HHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH.....

    Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    ZercofZercof Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Predator wrote: »
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=fSmmod9LaAk
    I found a girl for a TBKer.

    Damn, I was sooo close to her perfect. But the damn atheism got me:|

    Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Atheist chicks have fewer hang-ups when it comes to sex, so it's for the best. :P

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    rabblerouserrabblerouser Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    rabblerouser on
  • Options
    PredatorPredator __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    time to waste a friday night playing halo

    Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/screenshots.aspx?mode=pinned&gamertag=FyreWulff%20Rex

    "TBK assemblllle"

    I have the forge variant still, if anyone wants it.

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/screenshots.aspx?mode=pinned&gamertag=FyreWulff%20Rex

    "TBK assemblllle"

    I have the forge variant still, if anyone wants it.

    tbkassemblevf0.jpg

    I'll save people the time

    DekuStick on
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    When our we going to do our epic coop run with all the skulls turned on?

    VaLiantine on
  • Options
    NambkabNambkab Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    When your mom finally leaves my house so I have free time.



    So CoD4 is pretty fun, and I'm still working all over 2 states, but I should have some time at Thanksgiving to play, and hopefully a little time this weekend.

    Nambkab on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    VaLiantine wrote: »
    When our we going to do our epic coop run with all the skulls turned on?

    I played the last level on EASY with all the skulls turned on with a couple friends, and we were dying a LOT during the stand-off outside the control room...

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So, I hear there be big news in Monday.

    Ranced on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    So, anyone want to come online to help me test a couple of gametypes? enough to do 4v4 would be nice.

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    So, anyone want to come online to help me test a couple of gametypes? enough to do 4v4 would be nice.

    sure I'm game
    I'll get on now

    Ohtsam on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    I think the lesson we learned tonight is to never go near FyreWulff while he is powersliding.

    I just keep watching it in theater, in slow motion, over and over again.

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I think the lesson we learned tonight is to never go near FyreWulff while he is powersliding.

    I just keep watching it in theater, in slow motion, over and over again.


    We need a gif of that you know.

    GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.