Options

Halo and More? TBK XVIII || Your mom sucks at updating the OP.

• Options
    NambkabNambkab Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Due to my roommate needing our place to himself with his lady-friend this evening, I've had to cancel my plans to play Halo tonight. So, uh, see you guys tomorrow maybe.

Nambkab on
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nambkab wrote: »
    Due to my roommate needing our place to himself with his lady-friend this evening, I've had to cancel my plans to play Halo tonight. So, uh, see you guys tomorrow maybe.

He is getting laid and you aren't even playing halo.

He wins.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thread title needs to be changed to "The Return of the Tin"

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So today I picked up Mass Effect and Call of Duty 4 by trading in nearly a metric shitton worth of games at Gamestop.

They had a black Friday special going. Trade in 5 games and get 30% extra.
    Then my EDGE card get me another 10%.

Thing is, I'm away from my Xbox until late Sunday.
    So you bitches probably won't see me on Halo for a whiiiiiiile.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

Back the truck up. You finally scored a 360?

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I have my bets on it that his answer isn't all that surprising.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    DekabalDekabal Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fyrewulff I've sent you a friend request.

Dekabal on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I'll let him tell the story.

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've been sick lately so I haven't been online much. I can just tolerate playing Mass Effect without getting a massive headache so any fast paced online play will probably make my head explode. I think I'm past the worst of it so I might join up for COD or Halo action tonight.

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've been sick lately so I haven't been online much. I can just tolerate playing Mass Effect without getting a massive headache so any fast paced online play will probably make my head explode. I think I'm past the worst of it so I might join up for COD or Halo action tonight.

I'd totally be in tonight. When does stuff usually go down?

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

I'll let him tell the story.

Yeah, as of last night I am back. Good fortune seems to have smiled upon me spurring me to action.

I came into the possession of 3 Legendary Editions of Halo3 via the 7-11 Online contest, so I arrive home from work on Monday to find 3 huge boxes at my front door, metal numbered out of 711 plates on each helmet. Very cool, so I figure I can ebay them off or something, and now that I have the game I may as well snag a console to play it on.

Black Friday, myself and three other friends camp outside of BestBuy in 20 degree weather 8 hours with 300 other people to police riots and beatdowns to acquire a Pro model with a free Guitar Hero 2 bundle.

I arrive home, play some Halo, beat campaign with these friends, play Guitar Hero, it claims it wont recognize the disk and its grinding like a beast in the drive, now I can't play anything.

My Xbox 360 was dead and burned out in under 6 hours.

I return it to BestBuy, pay the difference for a Halo Edition and then finding its hardware satisfactory, transfer my account over to play some Halo where many people hit me with surprised messages and delighted responses to my arrival on the 360 scene. I also just had my internet connected at my new house today so I'll be on the nets again for the first time in a couple of months.

I'm thinking of picking up Rock Band today since I see quite a few of you on and its another main reason I wanted the 360. But we ought to play some Halo tomorrow night when I'm not slaving away to pay for all this wonderful consumerist rubbish. Gotta support the economy though, am i rite?

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    HAHAH I guess you weren't kidding when you said you were going to buy a ton of those 7-11 cups.

(something along the lines of) " yes I'm going to buy like a 300 halo 3 cups from 7-11 and not get the console"

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Anyone have the Under Water map on their file share? I needs it

also, I only need to beat on Legendary, get all the scoring achievements, then I need Maybe Next Time, Killing Frenzy (which I came so damn close to then died I was shaking with rage) and Lazor 2x kill

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Your lack of optimism killed your first 360, tin.

Although I do have to say, the Halo 360 is solid.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    anybody?

Waterworld map?

File share?

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    somewhat glad to have you back tin

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Antibodies wrote: »

I came into the possession of 3 Legendary Editions of Halo3 via the 7-11 Online contest, so I arrive home from work on Monday to find 3 huge boxes at my front door, metal numbered out of 711 plates on each helmet.

WANT.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    ZercofZercof Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    wtf is the 'waterworld' map?

And yea, I'll probably be offline for about a week or so (lots of school-work to do) but after next friday, I'll definitely be hitting up some more Halo. If you see me online before then, kick me off! I have much work to be done.

Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    me and Namb will be on after Kansas-Missouri game.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That territories match was fucking epic.

That guy who had never played campaign before but had the highest rank. lol he was pissed off.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh my god aahahaaha. Tin, buddy, that 360 death. Man I wish I was there to hear what you were saying because oh holy shit I would have given a testicle to be there.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh yeah, suffice it to say- I was livid. But I could appreciate the irony of it and remained entirely placid as my rage boiled over onto the still frozen flesh of my body from the night before. It really worked out for the best as I otherwise might not have returned it until it RROD down the road or had some other problem and I still got to keep the free GH2 even with the Halo Edition so it worked out for the best in the end.

Awesome games tonight guys, good to have the old posse rolling again undefeated and shutting em down. Nothing says 'welcome home' like a liquored up Namb, this is the warm blanket of sanity I have dearly missed. Also nice to hang with Badman again, years older and wiser. FUCKING BRS!! ( I now love the BR) Is it just me or do they not make our foes like they used to? No skill at insults, no clever trash talk, no challenge in combat- maybe it was just the A Team shutting them down but it tasted like noobsauce. I really like Last Resort and Valhalla is lovely for Mongeese Patrol.

I need to get some Achievements under my belt so I am not laughed off Live.

Antibodies on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Thats all you need is a liquored up nambkab. I swear he can beat zeek when properly liquored. I still wonder If I even belong with the A group. But ahh well my work schedule clearly has something to say about that.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You make a point I'd meant to press some time back, that the Clan as a whole has come of age. Thus where many were able to slack off at college and play 8 hours a day 7 days a week, we now find ourselves in this realm of responsibility and are lucky to find a night or two a week after doing the 50 hour a week job and grad school on top of that. I know most of us that were of college age for H2 are now out and in the working work, home owning game and the HSers that were bogged with homework now have positively oodles of slacker freetime to waste tuition money on playing games. I know I did. So really its not that the clan fell apart, it just grew up and now we have to run things differently and be mature about our precious gaming minutes and rally when we can.

Winter break is coming up for school, I'll be able to play a bit then, hence the purchase was justified. New maps, Fall update with Clan list, it'll come together. There's just so damn many fine games to contend with and dividing everyone's attentions. I've never known a gaming Christmas like this before.

And don't discount yourself Viscount, you're still definitely a key player in the roster of personalities that make the clan, en absentia or not.

Antibodies on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm in the High School dude with plenty of homework camp. Though none of it really got done.

I'm stuck between High School / College Limbo. Way too much time on my hands.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    DekuStick wrote: »
    I'm in the High School dude with plenty of homework camp. Though none of it really got done.

I'm stuck between High School / College Limbo. Way too much time on my hands.

College time = should be working my ass off, but freedom turns into laziness and I end up playing Halo. GOD winter break will rule ass! VideoGames without a side of guilt.

Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    playing with Blind on in the last level is pretty cool, it's really too bad they didn't work with it more this time and have it at least show your hands/gun, since we have films to save hudless screenshots.

I noticed at least this time around, you can see your legs.

Also Nambkab's hilarious fail at landing on the last tower.

Anyway, I know at least me, Badman, and tin are probably going to be a Legendary/skull-collect run late tonight.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Do you mean right now? or sunday night?

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Better late than never, I suppose.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    EliteDoomMasterEliteDoomMaster Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sorry I didn't play with you guys last night, I didn't make an effort to let you know I needed an invite. As well as my mic died shortly after getting on H3.

EliteDoomMaster on
    Don't fuck with Mel Gibson, yo.
  • Options
    BlakoutBlakout Lordran's SpookylandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm on winter break, no class until January. That means plenty of Halo time, but it'll mostly be during daytime hours.

Tin, awesome to have you back, and the hilarious irony of your console breaking within 6 hours is gold.

Blakout on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Blakout wrote: »
    I'm on winter break, no class until January. That means plenty of Halo time, but it'll mostly be during daytime hours.

Tin, awesome to have you back, and the hilarious irony of your console breaking within 6 hours is gold.

on the plus side he didn't have time to dl anything or build up significant saves on his hd so it was easier to part with

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    Palmer EldritchPalmer Eldritch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    not sure if anyone remembers me from back in the day (i stopped playing H2 like half a year after it came out) but I just got a 360 two days ago. Yay me!! I'm sending a friend request to fyrewulff.

also, whats with them taking away my two favorite ranked playlists, BTB and one on one? Now BTB is full of wankers, and there's no 1vs1, period. lame.

Palmer Eldritch on
    Dr+Dopefish.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    not sure if anyone remembers me from back in the day (i stopped playing H2 like half a year after it came out) but I just got a 360 two days ago. Yay me!! I'm sending a friend request to fyrewulff.

also, whats with them taking away my two favorite ranked playlists, BTB and one on one? Now BTB is full of wankers, and there's no 1vs1, period. lame.
    I remember you dude. Add me as well- teknophage. I'll be on long time tonight, after I spend the next seven hours Mass Effecting. Being unemployed is awesome.

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I remember you dude. Add me as well- teknophage. I'll be on long time tonight, after I spend the next seven hours Mass Effecting. Being unemployed is awesome.

Fuck you and your ability to have no job/school/personal arrangements to hold you back! And your posession of teh Mass Effect! :cry:

Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Antibodies wrote: »
    You make a point I'd meant to press some time back, that the Clan as a whole has come of age. Thus where many were able to slack off at college and play 8 hours a day 7 days a week, we now find ourselves in this realm of responsibility and are lucky to find a night or two a week after doing the 50 hour a week job and grad school on top of that. I know most of us that were of college age for H2 are now out and in the working work, home owning game and the HSers that were bogged with homework now have positively oodles of slacker freetime to waste tuition money on playing games. I know I did. So really its not that the clan fell apart, it just grew up and now we have to run things differently and be mature about our precious gaming minutes and rally when we can.

This. Good to have you back, Tin.

I'm still knee deep in Mass Effect, but if y'all send me a message sometime I'll pop on over.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Zercof wrote: »

Fuck you and your ability to have no job/school/personal arrangements to hold you back! And your posession of teh Mass Effect! :cry:

It really is pretty great. 8-)

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What the fuck? I feel like I'm at Parents Teacher Conference meeting again with all this college talk. We Haloz anytime we can and still kick ass.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    rabblerouserrabblerouser Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wanna send me one of your halos, Tin? :P

rabblerouser on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

A lot of us remember you still because we kept you to have a member still from 11/9 in the Halo 2 clan. :P

Also, yeah, should have a ranked BTB, but they got rid of 1v1 due to rampant cheating.

FyreWulff on