As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vista problem on daddy's laptop

RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
So father has a new laptop that little brother wants to do his project in publisher in.

*First problem eliminated*

Anyway, I come home later and they used the disk to install drivers for our lexmark printer and just didn't save. The laptop recognized the printer and found it, but when I tried to print from publisher, the options would appear greyed out when i would select that printer and i couldn't hit enter to print and couldn't use ctrl+P. I tried to print a blank page from notepad and I get the get the print menu when i hit ctrl+p and then I get the error message, "The handle is invalid" after I hit enter.

Issue 1: Let me print on this printer (Lexmark z700-P700 Series).

edit: I deleted the printer and it wouldn't recognize the usb cable when I plugged it in again, going to install the drivers from the cd.

RoyceSraphim on

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Solution; Buy a copy of XP while they're still on the shelves.

Vista is crap on anything but high-end systems.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, this is a really fucking new laptop with a mobile intel 954gm express chipset, 224mb graphics memory, whatever that means. It just won't recognize that its connected to the printer, the other computer they use will but this one won't, no matter what USB port I use.

(dammit, his laptop is better than mine, could probably run stalker with a 2ghz processor and a gig of ram, :( I need my parts now dammit!)

RoyceSraphim on