As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC On] SW:Saga - War of the Star Forge

1101112131416»

• Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Infidel wrote: »
    I don't know really. D: Been weird since a drunken New Years.

are we pregnant?
    :o

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Thank god no. D:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    jdarksun wrote: »
    MoSiAc wrote: »
    Jdark, have klaggy try out the new voxbox soon, should be interesting I think heh.

Just wanted to update everyone too, that Tuesday Ill be leaving to go back to work in Japan so I will be dead in the water for a while, if anything super important goes along, just sorta NPC me till I get back. I'll make an ooc post as soon as possible.
    Oh yeah. Infidel has access to my vox-box doc. Do we want to have him tinker with it, and I'll use the results? Or should I just try and few ideas out?

I say have fun with it. I love reading those translations that get posted heh, I was hoping maybe to see them get funnier

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I like it when Klaggy is trying to explain something and then the box just says "I need assistance".

That cracks me up.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah it's great stuff.

I was screaming in my head nono Lomi don't fix it too much :lol:

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    By no means do I want it to work perfectly, infact perhaps my modifications could have made it more 'enjoyable for the group' hehe.

Update back in Japan so I'm on my funky times once again hehe.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Almost over the flu that took over my entire house I think. Updating this weekend.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    LIVE!

Just wondering how everyone is doing. Getting a little ancy keep checking this area daily to see if theres an update I missed hehe.

Hope we get to do something soon, but I know how much the flu sucks.

MoSiAc on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    /bump for great justice!

We still doing this?

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah. Everyone want's a piece of Infidel IRL, 2008 has been crazy. School is the worst, what with applying for projects and competitions that they want me in on.

I intend to wrap my head around this game and update this week. Our group for one class submitted our project proposal on Friday so we should have a bit of time for now.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Are we dead? Just wanted to kind of bump and see how everyone is, this Twi'lek is really looking for some action heh.

MoSiAc on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    As Thanatos/Fwacky pointed out in the DoD thread, XaiberD hasn't logged on in like two weeks.

I'm inclined to say that this game is dead and drop out.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah it's gone the way of so many promising PbP's, it seems :P

Even if you could GM, I'd hate to lose Klaggy :D You need to use him somewhere.

PS Inf we still <3, hope your RL shit gets sorted out

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Something starfightery so we can try out all that Starships of the Galaxy crap.

or forego all the damn spaceships and do something a bit more primitive/archaic... Dathomir ain't a bad place for that kinda thing. Witches and Rancors and jungle warriors and wierd artifacts and crap. and a chance to try out alternate force tradition talents. fuck i'd love to play that but i'd also do something like supply plot, dialogue and background stuff to someone who was willing to run the dice rolling aspect because the idea of star wars + apocalypto gives me a monolithic boner.

however, I am willing to believe that my ideas are probably unpopular.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Id love to get into a starfighter one, I'd want to tinker with my ship like all the time though hehe.

MoSiAc on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I would like to play, if there ends up being a spot you could see me filling ^^

privateer/pirate fleet, starfighter squadron and backwoods/survival adventure all sound fun - assuming you were staying in SW:saga?

If you're interested, I could shoot you my notes on the fallout:saga mashup I had stewing

edit : Iron Heroes - if you're in the mood - could be fun

PS - Perch shot first.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, I have to drop this and am trying to not add anything new to my plate for the time being. Life and school have just gotten way too busy and I won't be able to keep up.

Sorry all. :| Klaggy will have to live on in some form somewhere though. :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    privateer/pirate fleet, starfighter squadron and backwoods/survival adventure all sound fun - assuming you were staying in SW:saga?

I see no reason not to play saga. Starships of the Galaxy added a lot of things for space combat, and there's plenty you can do in an adventure with an absence (or at least rarity) of advanced weapons and vehicles.

edit: jdark waited long enough for Krema to be reincarnated, the same could very well happen for Klaggy.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, I have to drop this and am trying to not add anything new to my plate for the time being. Life and school have just gotten way too busy and I won't be able to keep up.

This makes me a sad panda. Both games that I was playing in have died now. :(

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    delroland wrote: »

This makes me a sad panda. Both games that I was playing in have died now. :(

same here.

shit, same games too :P

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    well, if anyone runs a KOTOR thing in the future, apparently Wizards is putting out a Saga Edition book for it this summer:

Make the jump to lightspeed 4,000 years before the Battle of Yavin to a time when Jedi Knights and Sith Lords clashed in galactic conflict. This campaign guide offers both players and Gamemasters a wide array of new options that can be used to craft a unique roleplaying game experience. As the galaxy plunges into one war after another, the forces of the Republic, along with their Jedi allies, struggle to protect themselves from hordes of invading Mandalorians, tyrannical Sith lords, and traitorous allies on every front.

Featuring new game material drawn from a variety of sources, and including characters, weapons, vehicles, and droids, this book presents an entire campaign during violent days of the Old Republic. This book also contains new Force powers, Force techniques, and Force secrets for Jedi and Sith characters, as well as new options for characters of all classes. Players can take advantage of new talents, feats, and other options to play a Mandalorian neo-crusader, a Republic soldier battling against the forces of Darth Revan and Darth Malak, or a Jedi in exile on the run from the Sith.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    for starfighters: i'd suggest rebellion era. four players, each one is the head of an x-wing, a y-wing, an a-wing and a b-wing squadron (or maybe three players who have their pick of those) using the additional feats and rules from starships of the galaxy. basically, fuck with the imps, pull awesome maneuvers, try to keep your squadron alive.

for the lowtech one, I'd say stick with Dathomir before it really had contact with the republic, very primitive type stuff. warring tribes, lizard guys, ancient ruins, and fucking rancors who may want to ruin your shit. i would love to play in this kinda setting but i would love to help GM it too. I'd be willing to contribute plot ideas, descriptive text, dialogue and NPC statblocks and other stuff to an idea like this.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    FWIW: weren't Y-wings 2 seaters? 3 with the droid. Also: I hate the Y-wing and her goddam space pontoons :P I would take it if I got the short straw and it's what was left, but I love the B-wing and A & X are geat too.

I really like the idea of modding & improving our starfighters as we progress, which may or may not be better served by independent ships - like cloakshapes and stuff. If we start out with stock _-wings, there's really nowhere to go but down. I don't have the book in front of me but I don't recall them having many spare points for modifications. Due to this I'm leaning towards voting for a rebel aligned privateer group of mixed fighters & freighters, or a similar unaligned pirate group in any era.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Check your SoTG, there are 1-seater Y-wings. Shit, I'd fly one.

I still like the idea of being in the alliance fleet because it gives you a sense of purpose. Plus, it puts you somewhere in the movies, which I always like.

Making up a guy is cool and all, but sometime I want to play Wedge or Janson or Hobbie or Tycho or one of those guys. Be the badasses who lived through the major battles instead of some offscreen guys.

And if ships don't have spare points you gut a few things and make more points. Also, it ain't DnD, equipment is important but it doesn't have to level up also. As your pilot check goes up and you learn more maneuvers, you could be flying a cardboard box and still take down a squadron of TIE's because you're a badass.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Check your SoTG, there are 1-seater Y-wings. Shit, I'd fly one.

I still like the idea of being in the alliance fleet because it gives you a sense of purpose. Plus, it puts you somewhere in the movies, which I always like.

Making up a guy is cool and all, but sometime I want to play Wedge or Janson or Hobbie or Tycho or one of those guys. Be the badasses who lived through the major battles instead of some offscreen guys.

And if ships don't have spare points you gut a few things and make more points. Also, it ain't DnD, equipment is important but it doesn't have to level up also. As your pilot check goes up and you learn more maneuvers, you could be flying a cardboard box and still take down a squadron of TIE's because you're a badass.

Yeah, but I want to tinker ^__^

fadingathedges on