As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let us [Chat] like the Greeks of old!

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Indeed it is mackey. Some day when i get motivated I'm going to beef up a little bit cause when i shave my head (and face) i look alot like him. And really, who better to look like!

is HG:L out now or still playin' the beta?

JPants on
  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I really miss that cat. :(

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What's up eh

I have a terrible throat infection so I've been playing a lot of Starcraft and Warcraft III.
    Aw :(

I am sitting at school cosndering skipping my next class

I probably will

Skip and play Starcraft. I'll go Terran. I like their music.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    JPants wrote: »
    Indeed it is mackey. Some day when i get motivated I'm going to beef up a little bit cause when i shave my head (and face) i look alot like him. And really, who better to look like!

is HG:L out now or still playin' the beta?

Well you need to remember you also look like the commish... Ha the commish silly silly man.

HGL is now in retail, they launched on wednesday and aside from having an issue with paying them (subs weren't up till saturday) it's been a non stop slaughter fest. It's a very fast paced game with tons of drops, enviroments are a little repetitive but it's based in london you can't really slip in a jungle level or some weird shit.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited November 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    For some reason it irritates me when people use the "@ symbol to replace the a in the word at."

It's kind of redundant.

japan on
    edited November 2007
    japan wrote: »
    For some reason it irritates me when people use the "@ symbol to replace the a in the word at."

It's kind of redundant.

Yeah. It is. Also I hate it when people say things like "ATM machine", "PIN number", "ICBM missile", etc etc.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What's up eh

I have a terrible throat infection so I've been playing a lot of Starcraft and Warcraft III.

I probably will

I would like to skip my next class as well, but I would just have to go to work anyway. D:

One Thousand Cables on
    edited November 2007
    So I also finished the haunting seasons one and two dvds I picked up. Damn those were unintentionally hilarious, I bet the narrator they got for season 2 pumps his fist everytime he narrates one of the episodes. Sad part there was a story about a guy living in a house with a "ghost" that ruined his family and you could tell it was just his mother had a brain condition and his father was really an alcoholic. Sorry man no ghost ruined your family just a medical condition and the wizard of booze.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2007
    Agreed Japan,

And Preach: It sounds like a fun game. Do they have a demo or a 10 day trial thing like WoW did? Also, did the commish wear tight t-shirts and bitchin' sunglasses? cause that's the Mackey look i'd go for.

JPants on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    wizard of booze.

Is he the Wizard of Oz's Irish cousin?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What's up eh

I probably will

Skip and play Starcraft. I'll go Terran. I like their music.
    I play terran too

SCIENCE VESSEL READY

GOLIATH ONLINE

I can play toss too :3 We should plaaay!

edited November 2007
    Protoss FTW. Man it's been a while since i played SC. Or WC2. god that was a fun game.

JPants on
    edited November 2007
    It is a fun game, I heard there was a demo but it's pretty short only offers a couple of the classes and you can only get to level 5 out of 50 possible levels. I'd say give the demo a shot to see how it will run on your machine, but realize the retail runs better with more variety and more enemies even in the beginging sections.

Could be Irene, as the Wizard of Booze tends to give men courage, even when they don't neccesarily need it. I really just stole the phrase from one of the monarchs henchman.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    Hacks, I used to like you

now we are mortal enemies

prepare to die.
    Oh man, I'm so scared right now.

All shaking in my leather boots, sitting atop a mountain of military-grade high explosives.

Hacksaw on
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, i hardly have time for my alts on WoW right now, i don't think i'll be picking up another game any time soon. Plus ME comes out later this month and my roomate will be buying it so i'll have that to play too.

JPants on
    edited November 2007
    Can someone explain to me this forum's fascination with Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot?

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    V for Vendetta is an awesome comic... could have something to do wit h it.

JPants on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    mmmmm pad thai

yay for working from home!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    I just found out that when CNET bought GameFAQs, they only paid $2.2 million. $2.2 mil for a top-200 website. Whoever accepted that deal got ripped the fuck off.

Doc on
    edited November 2007
    Yeah is it true that in britain most people don't even like Guy Fawkes? I was under the impression he was kind of an asshole?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »

prepare to die.

All shaking in my leather boots, sitting atop a mountain of military-grade high explosives.

Leather boots or pleather?

MWAHAHAHA MY PLAN IS ALREADY IN MOTION

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    V for Vendetta is an awesome comic... could have something to do wit h it.

I'm willing to bet money on it.

Haphazard on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    5th of November.
    1917 - October Revolution: In Tallinn, Esthonia, Communist leader Jaan Anwelt lead revolutionaries in overthrowing the Provisional Government (As Esthonia and Russia are still using the Julian Calendar, subsequent period references show an October 23 date).

So... 11/5=10/23?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007

prepare to die.

And what plan would that be? To be as bland and unfunny as possible, thereby making yourself completely forgettable to the majority of the population?

Hacksaw on
    edited November 2007
    Yeah is it true that in britain most people don't even like Guy Fawkes? I was under the impression he was kind of an asshole?

Well, he wanted to start a civil to topple a ruling Protestant aristocracy, with the ultimate goal being to instate a Catholic aristocracy. Seems like a lot of bloodshed and damage for very little good.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

prepare to die.

And what plan would that be? To be as bland and unfunny as possible, thereby making yourself completely forgettable to the majority of the population?

geeze hacks you really hate gooey huh

MikeMan on
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, they weren't fond of him. But if life has taught me anything, it's that Brits only sound good. Otherwise they're just as plum-buggeringly headfucked as your average yank.

Hacksaw on
    edited November 2007
    Who wants to throw down in Starcraft? Speak now, and I may show mercy

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Doc wrote: »
    I just found out that when CNET bought GameFAQs, they only paid $2.2 million. $2.2 mil for a top-200 website. Whoever accepted that deal got ripped the fuck off.
    Maybe the price was low because of the GameFAQs forums...

Dynagrip on
    edited November 2007
    MikeMan wrote: »
    geeze hacks you really hate gooey huh
    Nah, I'm just pourin' on the meansauce today. Not sure why.

Hacksaw on
    edited November 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »
    Maybe the price was low because of the GameFAQs forums...

I dunno, it seems like stupid is a high-priced commodity these days.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    If anyone wants to play whisper CaptainCass on US East in Starcraft.

edited November 2007
    Only if you are in marketing church.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I heard the Dresden Dolls on the radio once, I think it was "Sing." It was god-awful. I think I may have checked out some samples on Amazon because there were so many people talking about how great they were, and it was similarly garbage. I have less respect for them than for Britney Spears, because at least Britney Spears doesn't pretend to be high art.

Dresden Dolls don't make my ears bleed.

They make my ears bleed. At least they pitch-correct Britney Spears' songs. The Dresden Dolls lead singer can't carry a pitch in a bucket and feels the need to share that deplorable fact with us all.

So it's painfully bad, rather than just bad, singing?

I can handle bad singing if the music is good.

@Haps: I was thinking the same thing.

I figure she probably hates Rancid too. :P

ViolentChemistry on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, they weren't fond of him. But if life has taught me anything, it's that Brits only sound good. Otherwise they're just as plum-buggeringly headfucked as your average yank.

I think one of the big things about V when Moore created him is that he is inspired by someone who is generally seen as a villain, and Moore took that and made him the hero (ok, anti-hero; well, we'll just say protagonist) of this particular tale. It's all about how one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, etc.

Grey Ghost on
    edited November 2007
    Mmmmm Rancid... Who can NOT love Timebomb????

JPants on
    edited November 2007
    People with ears pants, people with ears.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2007

I think one of the big things about V when Moore created him is that he is inspired by someone who is generally seen as a villain, and Moore took that and made him the hero (ok, anti-hero; well, we'll just say protagonist) of this particular tale. It's all about how one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, etc.

I find it easier to call them militants. That's something nobody can argue with.

It lets me skip the semantics and get right to why what they're doing is bloody foolish.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    But Maxwell Murder is a good song too!

Grey Ghost on
This discussion has been closed.