As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hellgate: London † Go Post In The Other Thread

devoirdevoir Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Games and Technology
New Thread Here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=5799923#post5799923

Hellgate: London is the first retail game from Flagship Studios, lead and made up of a number of ex-Blizzard North employees who were significantly responsible for the Diablo series of games.

It's a hack'n'slash'n'shoot, loot-based action RPG with both a singleplayer and multiplayer component in a similar vein to the Diablo series. HGL, however, is fully 3D and has a focus on ongoing online content which will hopefully lead to more depth than running Baal for the millionth time.

Latest News

Patch 1.3 is on the test centre and the game is pretty damn close to what should have been released in October in terms of content and polish.

A lot of stuff have been added since the disasterous launch (even making it into the top 5 worst PC game launches of all time from 1up) including mail, more content, massive numbers of bugfixes and performance updates, etc. One of the biggest things about the upcoming 1.3 patch is post level 50 advancement through the use of perks.

Preliminary patch notes are spoilered:
Test Center Patch 1.3 Notes
April 4, 2008

New Features

* Ranks and Perks:
o After characters hit Level 50, they can start earning experience towards gaining Ranks.
o There are 50 Ranks, each of which will take a long time to earn.
o Rank is displayed under the character’s level and is visible to other players.
o Each Rank grants you one Perk Point. Perk Points can be spent on Perks.
o There will be 15 different kinds of Perks with four levels each.
o Perks will be displayed in a skill-tree-like fashion – with icons and popup text describing what the benefits are of the Perk. Hit U to view the Perks screen.
o The first level for each Perk will cost one Perk Point. Another Perk Point will be needed to increase each level after the first, much like with upgrading an item using Nanoshards.

* Shared Stash:
o Now all characters on your subscriber account can share their items! Current trade conventions do apply: items will not be able to be traded across play modes. Also, “no trade” items can not be placed in Shared Stash.

* Hide Helmet:
o Players can elect to hide their headgear and show their characters’ faces without removing it. This toggle can be found at the bottom of the character screen.

* Emotes:
o A host of emotes are now at your disposal including beg, bow, cheer, cry, flex, kiss, laugh, point, stop, taunt, and wave. While others are also available on Test Center, these are being reserved as rewards. Type “/” and the word, then hit enter to perform it.

* Inspect Players:
o Players can now inspect other players’ equipment. Right click on a nearby character and select the “Inspect” option to bring up a ragdoll interface showing the character and its equipment.
o Players can prevent their characters from being inspected by toggling the Inspect option at the bottom of their character screen.

* Gambling Merchant:
o Presently located in Stonehenge, Gambling Merchant Ko has items for sale which are unidentified and do not reveal their actual rarity level. Players can risk their hard-earned Palladium for the chance to gamble on these items.

* Optional Chat Bubbles:
o Chat bubbles are now an optional chat feature and can be toggled in the Game Options menu. Different chat channels will appear as different text colors.

General

* The maximum Palladium a player may carry has been increased to 100,000,000.
* Fixed a bug which caused Xfire to disconnect when the player switches instances.
* The in-game mail database system has been rewritten, please provide feedback on it!

User Interface

* Party members’ names now show up on the automap when the Alt key is held down.
* The name of the recipient of a trade request is now displayed in the trade window.
* Players may now choose to abbreviate the names of other players in the chat window down to a maximum of nine letters. This option can be toggled under Game Options.
* Fixed a bug causing items to register as not equippable if they give enough of an attribute to make up for the amount of feed they will cost.
* Fixed a bug causing some items to unequip when the player enters the game or zones.
* Improved the accuracy of attribute and feed changes in the character panel when hovering over an item.
* The “Hardcore” indicator icon now shows up to the left of the player’s name.
* Fixed a bug causing clicks in the server list dropdown menu to sometimes click through to buttons underneath it.
* Buttons have been added to the chat interface allowing for quick access to chat commands and emotes. They can be found in the lower right corner of the chat panel.

World Movement

* Players can now warp to any friend or guildmate who is in a town by right-clicking on the person’s name. The buddy list and guild list will have the player’s current location noted.

Combat

* Fixed a bug which sometimes caused shields and/or power to decrease in larger chunks than they should when getting hit or using a skill.
* Fixed a bug which caused proc effects to not be properly normalized based on the weapon’s speed.
* Fixed a bug which caused proc-on-attack effects to never trigger.
* Fixed a bug which would sometimes cause skill cooldowns to not trigger.
* Fixed a bug which caused fields to often not damage monsters in indoor areas.
* Fixed a bug which caused Armor Percent bonuses to be applied twice during damage reduction calculations.

PvP

* Players with PvP enabled may no longer open party portals.
* Consumable items other than Medpacks are no longer usable in PvP.

Skills

* If a player removes an item that grants them the only point in a summoning skill, or otherwise forgets a summoning skill, all pets summoned by that skill will now be dismissed.

Items

* Gyro Stabilizers may now be used while stunned.
* Fixed a bug which sometimes caused a crash when the player attempts to drop a quest item.

Known Issues

* Using the Skill or Attribute Retrainers does not reset the attributes for the Engineer's drone.
* Gambling Vendor Ko sells items with an exceedingly wide range of level requirements.
* Monsters do not receive damage from Rebounder Rounds when they are aimed at ground.
* Text goes beyond the boundaries of Chat Bubbles.
* The instance-switching box is cut off in non-widescreen resolutions and disappears when changing resolutions.
* The “Surgical” Perk does not grant the character its increased Critical Chance.
* After inspecting a player, the inspector can see the inspected in the User Interface.
* Characters cannot assign Perk Points when they have spent all of their Skill Points before earning a Rank.
* The Perks button has caused other buttons to overlap the Alt Menu.
* The “Lung Capacity” Perk is listed as an Active Perk in its tooltip.
* The “Arcane Resolve” Perk is missing its percentage in its tooltip.
* Switching instances may cause a network error.
* If there are more than six people in an instance, all vendors’ inventories will be empty. Players can try to change instances using the instance switcher at the top right corner above the mini-map.
* Gambling Vendor Ko's weapons and armor can be analyzed before buying, revealing their "unknown" affixes.
* Gambling Vendor Ko only sells rare items.

FAQ

Read this before you post. If you see someone asking a question that's covered in this, redirect them to the OP so you don't waste your time answering a question that's already been answered.

See here for a lot of common info: http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=22548
What is this number when I mouse-over my weapon?

It is not your damage per second, damage per swing or anything else like that. It is a power rating derived from an unknown formula that takes into account all the attributes on a particular weapon. It is primarily meant to compare like weapons, so say one assault rifle compared to another, but it uses arbitrary values that you may not agree with to arrive at its conclusion.

What are the three icons next to my power bubble?

It's a mini-game. See the link for an image that explains what the icons mean.

http://www.phoenix-risen.net/images/mini-game-chart.jpg

Once you complete all the three objectives, you will receive additional phat loots.

What do focus items do?

Focus items act as very basic guns, but have a far more important function. Each focus item has a built-in elemental strength which is used to calculate the damage for a lot of spells (such as Demonspine). The higher the elemental strength, the better your spell. In addition to this, there are a number of different base types of focus item, each with a different bonus (lower cost of spells, etc).

Is retail better than the beta/demo?

Yes. A very large part of this is the fact that the software for retail is not gutted like the demo/beta was. The beta was built off a frankenstein test build that excluded a number of features and was a mess of old code, new code and test code. The demo was a really ripped up version of that. There was also a very significant patch on retail day (Patch 0) that purged a lot of bugs.

How do I improve performance?

1) Update all your drivers. Sound, network, graphics. If you have an nVidia card, download the beta drivers because they have the latest compatibility fixes.

2) Run in DirectX 9 graphics mode rather than DirectX 10.

3) Defrag your PC.

4) Stop all unnecessary programs in the background.

5) Turn off AA, dynamic lighting, enhanced weather. Lower your draw distance.

Why is everyone else in the game so low-res?

Updated: Apparently the texture bug has been fixed but the models are still a little out.

devoir on

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I got like 4 visages.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So heres a newb question. Which US server are you guys on?

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Shulgoth.

devoir on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Go tank drone engineers! whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Downloading the patch is wierd, no progress bar at all, just a bunch of files going to 100% very quickly. thanks for the info devoir

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah. A buddy thought it was a long load time and that it's happen every time he played D:

Someone explain this german way to get the pre-order goodies, and post if there's any other way to get the preorder goods.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I've added the method to get a preorder code to the OP.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Alright, I think I've covered the major bits in the OP. I'm thinking of doing an FAQ to direct people to. Anyone else have anything else they think should be in there?

devoir on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Im not sure how to whisper you, but my name is Velxir in game if you wanna add me to the guild :D

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If you jump on Ventrilo then you'll know when I log in and am able to invite you. Unfortunately it has to be done when we're both online and I know you're online.

But it's doubtful I'll be on for another 6 hours yet.

devoir on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I should like, pick a guy and play him. I have 3 guys now at the start of act 2, but thats it. O.o

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Otaking wrote: »

I know; the discontinuity is what I'm wondering about. If it rocks, why is it getting so-so ratings?

Because it is so-so. People are desperate to play anything that isn't WoW and are putting a better face on this game than it deserves.

Animations are jumpy and clunky.
    Skill trees and powers are boring and ineffective.
    Dialogue and quests are ridiculously cheesy. I have skipped all of the dialogue after seeing the first few examples, a first for me in an RPG.

On the plus side futuristic post-apocalypse is a plus and a welcome departure from genero-fantasy.

The atmosphere is almost scary at times but things are just too bombshelled all the time, there is nothing to break up the monotony of rubble and subway tunnels everywhere you look.

Well there are some things like rare pockets of Hell and Hellships floating around in the air which is cool but the cheesiness of the quests and dialogue just kill the mood.

You're there collecting fangs for some guy to make beer out of or generally some other fetch for just as lame a reason. They needed to stick with the material in the original cinemas.

It's like Naruto might be a good anime except for some annoying kid screaming believe it every five minutes.

Here you basically have Olarf and Co. going "Ooer thems is some scary wossnames they is." and farting while behind you in the theater while you are trying to watch Aliens.

I gotta agree with most of this. I just picked this up, and so far my reaction is "eh, it's ok". Nothing really special. Definitely haven't seen anything here that would make me wanna pay $10/month to play online.

So far, the most annoying thing is the lack of respecs. Really sucks the fun outta the game for me, since every skill point becomes incredibly tense because if you fuck up, your looking at hours of releveling.

shryke on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So who wants to give a visage to my hunter? Ill get on vent sometime when I get on. I have some blueprints and parts (if you still need em)

Arch on
  • Options
    HexcoreHexcore Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So yeah word on the Hunter front is that reflect and ricochet are stacking now. Anyone seen this yet?

Hexcore on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Forar wrote: »
    What do my updated graphic drivers/defragmenting have to do with "I have 3 character slots max, which isn't enough to even play out all the classes, let alone all the specs, let alone to account for the developer's changing skills (or even bug fixing that requires a change of some sort), etc, etc.

Your complaints about the game performance.
    The vibe that this isn't nearly as polished a product at release as one that was released nearly a decade ago, by a team that had at least some members in common. To beat the horse; skills.

Have you not noticed the trend in PC games over the last ten years?

Or noted that there is a distinct difference between being Blizzard ten years ago, riding the wave of multiple multi-platinum franchises in terms of financial support, and Flagship now who are being published by EA?

And your comment regarding levelling does not take into account that Diablo 2 had twice the levels that Hellgate does. If you factor that in, the levelling speed is pretty much the same.

devoir on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What about those of us who hated it then too?

No way to respec skills was a stupid idea then, and has only un-improved with age.

shryke on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    shryke wrote: »

I know; the discontinuity is what I'm wondering about. If it rocks, why is it getting so-so ratings?

Because it is so-so. People are desperate to play anything that isn't WoW and are putting a better face on this game than it deserves.

Dialogue and quests are ridiculously cheesy. I have skipped all of the dialogue after seeing the first few examples, a first for me in an RPG.

On the plus side futuristic post-apocalypse is a plus and a welcome departure from genero-fantasy.

The atmosphere is almost scary at times but things are just too bombshelled all the time, there is nothing to break up the monotony of rubble and subway tunnels everywhere you look.

Well there are some things like rare pockets of Hell and Hellships floating around in the air which is cool but the cheesiness of the quests and dialogue just kill the mood.

You're there collecting fangs for some guy to make beer out of or generally some other fetch for just as lame a reason. They needed to stick with the material in the original cinemas.

It's like Naruto might be a good anime except for some annoying kid screaming believe it every five minutes.

Here you basically have Olarf and Co. going "Ooer thems is some scary wossnames they is." and farting while behind you in the theater while you are trying to watch Aliens.

I gotta agree with most of this. I just picked this up, and so far my reaction is "eh, it's ok". Nothing really special. Definitely haven't seen anything here that would make me wanna pay $10/month to play online.

So far, the most annoying thing is the lack of respecs. Really sucks the fun outta the game for me, since every skill point becomes incredibly tense because if you fuck up, your looking at hours of releveling.

Then stop worrying about min-maxing so much. The odds that one skill point or a few attribute points is going to totally gimp your guy is pretty low.

And besides, this has been mentioned a million times but what games of this type do offer respecs? D 1/2 never did. Did Titans Quest? I ask because I never played it. Mythos, FSS other game doesn't. It's just not common in this type of game AFAIK. Everyone is just too damn used to WoW where you reset your skills anytime for a small fee. Even other MMO's that aren't WoW, if they did offer a respec they were either rare, limited, or hard/annoying as shit to get.

I'd love respecs, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    And your comment regarding levelling does not take into account that Diablo 2 had twice the levels that Hellgate does. If you factor that in, the levelling speed is pretty much the same.

Factoring it in, I find it noticeably, but not grossly slower. As I stated, about a third of the levels in Diablo would take at most 3 days of standard play, or maybe 12 hours tops. I've gotten through about a third of the levels here in maybe 18 hours.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    shryke wrote: »

Then stop worrying about min-maxing so much. The odds that one skill point or a few attribute points is going to totally gimp your guy is pretty low.

And besides, this has been mentioned a million times but what games of this type do offer respecs? D 1/2 never did. Did Titans Quest? I ask because I never played it. Mythos, FSS other game doesn't. It's just not common in this type of game AFAIK. Everyone is just too damn used to WoW where you reset your skills anytime for a small fee. Even other MMO's that aren't WoW, if they did offer a respec they were either rare, limited, or hard/annoying as shit to get.

Just tossing it out, Titan's Quest had respecs for skills, for a lot of gold, but I think you were stuck with whatever you picked for stats.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

Yup, Titans Quest sure did. You couldn't change trees, as you chose 2 and it set your "class" for lack of a better term, but you could respec simply by talking to a certain NPC.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Septus wrote: »

Factoring it in, I find it noticeably, but not grossly slower. As I stated, about a third of the levels in Diablo would take at most 3 days of standard play, or maybe 12 hours tops. I've gotten through about a third of the levels here in maybe 18 hours.

Are you considering the fact that you're (assumedly) new to this game?

Because it took me ages to get my first character in Diablo 2 to level 30. That completely changed over the years I played it.

If I was to just hammer and tongs HGL now, I could probably get to level 20 in 3 days of play.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So yeah, I have like 9 visages I think.

devoir on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    probably had around 9, I got rid of them as I got more then 2-3 though

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    One thing I'd like to point out is that since today's patch my game has not crashed due to the memory leak error (was happening to me a lot all last week, maybe every hour or so?). *knock on wood*

Kass on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm reading the quest texts as I move along the acts and I'm at the beggining of act3 right now. In the cinematics you have this really serious storyline, but when you look at the in-game quests the story's content and its progression are completely absurd, especially act 2!

The way I see it, the game is completely absurd with a little bit of serious storyline in the background. I would've preferred a serious main quest story with humour spread trhoughout the game.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Forar wrote: »
    What do my updated graphic drivers/defragmenting have to do with "I have 3 character slots max, which isn't enough to even play out all the classes, let alone all the specs, let alone to account for the developer's changing skills (or even bug fixing that requires a change of some sort), etc, etc.

Your complaints about the game performance.
    The vibe that this isn't nearly as polished a product at release as one that was released nearly a decade ago, by a team that had at least some members in common. To beat the horse; skills.

Have you not noticed the trend in PC games over the last ten years?

Or noted that there is a distinct difference between being Blizzard ten years ago, riding the wave of multiple multi-platinum franchises in terms of financial support, and Flagship now who are being published by EA?

Diablo 2 you could also get to level 30 and try out pretty much the whole tree in a matter of hours with some friends. The game only really started to slow down in the mid 60s to early 70s as far as leveling is concerned if you were doing it right.

Hellgate seems to have taken zero ideas from the 1.10 patch and skill synergy. Not gimping your charcter early on by being able to max out a skill was a large step forward. Instead, only linked skills have anything to do with each other. And the amount of gain from each additional skillpoint is pretty negligible for many skills. 1 Point wonders are fine, but there way too many as of now.

In a game about charter building, and loot, the skill trees are easily the weakest point. Marksmen is too random, or skills require standing still which is a bad idea outside of picking off the first couple guys. Or the grenade mechanic is just completely unintuitive and random.

The best ideas from this game so far have been the mini game and the passageways. The loot system's pretty good. Still has its flaws, but definitely pretty well polished as far as modifiers and variety go.

I just want the game to get better,it has potential. But as of now it's hovering in to pretty good to good range.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm up to 7 maybe eight visages, who won the final count? And what willbe the inconveiniant collectable for guy fawkes day?
    They really need to add extra invent/stash space for holiday content, it's fucking ludicrous.

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is there a list anywhere of what zones contain what farmable bosses?

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    arcath wrote: »
    Is there a list anywhere of what zones contain what farmable bosses?

Why?

You get more loot for a given period of time by just clearing whole areas.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Diablo 2 you could also get to level 30 and try out pretty much the whole tree in a matter of hours with some friends. The game only really started to slow down in the mid 60s to early 70s as far as leveling is concerned if you were doing it right.

Hellgate seems to have taken zero ideas from the 1.10 patch and skill synergy. Not gimping your charcter early on by being able to max out a skill was a large step forward. Instead, only linked skills have anything to do with each other. And the amount of gain from each additional skillpoint is pretty negligible for many skills. 1 Point wonders are fine, but there way too many as of now.

In a game about charter building, and loot, the skill trees are easily the weakest point. Marksmen is too random, or skills require standing still which is a bad idea outside of picking off the first couple guys. Or the grenade mechanic is just completely unintuitive and random.

The best ideas from this game so far have been the mini game and the passageways. The loot system's pretty good. Still has its flaws, but definitely pretty well polished as far as modifiers and variety go.

I just want the game to get better,it has potential. But as of now it's hovering in to pretty good to good range.

Sorry, but the skills thing is a complete dead horse. You have good points but I'm not going over it all over again because it's just the same stuff that's come up continually.

Regarding the levelling, I'm still unconvinced that there's a massive difference as people haven't been playing HGL for a significant period of time (with the full game) over repeat playthroughs to have an idea of how fast you can actually level in a good, well-coordinated group, taking into account there being half the number of levels.

Back in beta, it wasn't too much of a stretch to get to level 13-14 in 6 hours or so solo, and there have been levelling speed tweaks since then (and more quests).

devoir on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2007
    So, that venom tree (rightmost skill line) for evokers. Anyone used it? I tried the first skill in beta, but it did... well, I have no goddamn idea what it did.

Echo on
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You can burn through an act with prior knowledge of the quests but leveling is pretty much the same for all. Quests give bugger all exp, exp (and gear) is best gained by fucking up as many mobs as quickly as possible. My big gripe so far with skill trees is just that I really wish there was a way to respec. I can understand they'd want to discourage people respecing alot but even if there was a 100,000 pala penalty I'd feel alot better with the option.

That said my engineer kicks arse with my current skills so maybe my char isn't as messed up as i think.

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    basinobasino Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So the Engineer "disappearing drone equipment" bug seems to have been fixed. However, there's still a bug with equipment Minion stats and certain skills not effecting the drone. I find that you have to restart your game before the drone receives the bonuses.

basino on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hearthjaw wrote: »
    You can burn through an act with prior knowledge of the quests but leveling is pretty much the same for all. Quests give bugger all exp, exp (and gear) is best gained by fucking up as many mobs as quickly as possible. My big gripe so far with skill trees is just that I really wish there was a way to respec. I can understand they'd want to discourage people respecing alot but even if there was a 100,000 pala penalty I'd feel alot better with the option.

That said my engineer kicks arse with my current skills so maybe my char isn't as messed up as i think.

Sure, but the sheer number of quests around, and having prior knowledge means that you can chain them far more efficiently. Plus knowing how to burn through the acts means you're killing higher level npcs with more xp as reward sooner, which is basically how you level quickly in D2 anyway.

devoir on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2007
    So, relics that add X% damage of type Y - the damage just for the thing I stick it in, even for cabalists, rite? (Adding 5% physical damage etc to all spells would be kinda imba.)

And do cabalists ever get any focii that do more than that underwhelming spectral squirt?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I haven't seen a focus item that has anything special for its firing animation.

The key element of the focus items that affects spells is the elemental strength number.

devoir on
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    So, that venom tree (rightmost skill line) for evokers. Anyone used it? I tried the first skill in beta, but it did... well, I have no goddamn idea what it did.

Shoots a slow-moving, long-range spirit that hits a single target (minor homing near contact). Does a decent amount of (I assume) toxic damage, and has a decent chance to fear the target. Useful to have if only to have a reliable source of toxic versus certain enemies.

flammiebc on
    Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I remember this just wasn't an issue in D2 because you could level so fast. Screwed up your character? No problem you could have another level 70 in about two hours. I haven't seen that here or maybe I just don't care enough about it to figure out how to level that fast.

Otaking on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    OK, I think that I'm nearly getting over my TF2-all-the-time kick. I'd like to start playing Hellgate. There's just one problem. I don't know if I can bring myself to do it. :(

I really want to like the game. But I just can't get over the skill system the way it's currently implemented.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    tendoboy101tendoboy101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So i'm rethinking my build with nightmare in mind, so I was thinking of this tree to snag the elemental damage resistance and such from elemental drain. I don't know, I'm just kind of wondering what a viable end game build is for summoner with the complaints of difficulty.

tendoboy101 on
This discussion has been closed.