As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PSP Issues! (Crossposted)

VaregaVarega Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
Crossposted from H/A, since I seem to be getting 0 response over there.

Hey guys, I got an issue here.

My coworker's son has a PSPhat. Apparently, he said it was doing a Sony update, and after the update, the follwing symptoms happened:
Random Black screening
Display ([ ]) button, music button, start/select would not work.
The PSP doesn't seem to be damaged, because when the screen goes black, music can still be played, and you can access the crossbar. I was thinking of rolling back the firmware with pandora's battery, but I wanted to know if any of you guys had this same or similar issues.

PS We can't send it back to sony, because it's out of warranty, and he doesn't want to get raped with repair fees (somewhere in the 90$ range IIRC).

thanks guys.

League of Legends:Varega
Varega on

• Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If you have access to a pandora battery, I'd use that and just do the FW update again.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nope, never had that problem. All the firmware updates I've done (on both PSP and PS3) have worked completely fine. Sorry, I can't really help you with that, it's the first time I've heard of it happening (rather than the system just 'bricking').

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid