As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Hotels are now Live! All prices listed are PER NIGHT

• Options
    SnoowySnoowy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm driving with 3 other people from Alberta. In a rather small car...going to be an awesome road trip!
    Ripped the audio from my Red vs Blue DVDs and put them on Mp3 CDs. Huzzah!

Snoowy on
    Snoowii.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2008
    Oh man, we might have to steal that idea for the CCST.

Red vs. Blue is some awesome shit.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    SnoowySnoowy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Haha well if you do make sure to not take all the credit for it.
    Like you can take the credit for the idea for STEALING it but not for coming up with it.

LEAVE ME SOME DIGNITY MAN.

Snoowy on
    Snoowii.png
  • Options
    ShineyBlueShoesShineyBlueShoes Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well we could take it a step further and cosplay TF2 the whole way and make it a really amazing experience. :)

ShineyBlueShoes on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Mike, would it be possible to get the blocks extended through Monday? Considering that it's going to be a holiday, I have the feeling that there will be a number of people who would consider staying in Seattle for the extra day.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    kaldoniskaldonis Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Mike, would it be possible to get the blocks extended through Monday? Considering that it's going to be a holiday, I have the feeling that there will be a number of people who would consider staying in Seattle for the extra day.

You should be able to book Sunday night no problem at the PAX rate.

kaldonis on
  • Options
    smessmes Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The Sheraton's site says its already sold out.

smes on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yay. We are all reserved for the Hyatt. And we're okay with the "quiet hotel", though we did request in the comments to be near other PAXers. Liger is right - you will need *some* sleep for PAX! And let's face it, Thursday is your best bet for a full night's rest, since chances are you'll be up ridonkulous hours from Friday thru Sunday.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Maybe I'll actually get some sleep on Thursday night this time...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    smes wrote: »
    The Sheraton's site says its already sold out.

What days are you trying to book for?

Extra days outside of the pax block (thurs/fri-sun) are limited.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The Hyatt sold out QUICK, In at the Roosevelt with the other rowdies!!!

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Haterot wrote: »

Feh said it was the smallest hotel block.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Hey I can live with walking the quarter mile to the quiet hotel if it's a little swankier and it means I don't have to worry being kept up when I want to sleep. Not always a great thing to be next to the party when you're done for the night. :)

ShineyBlueShoes on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey I can live with walking the quarter mile to the quiet hotel if it's a little swankier and it means I don't have to worry being kept up when I want to sleep. Not always a great thing to be next to the party when you're done for the night. :)

A man after my own heart. I've always had a rule that I never party where I sleep. (My 20th b-day party at my parents house was the reason.)

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    It's us Michiganders, we're sensible folk... <.< >.> Or maybe we're both just fuddy.

ShineyBlueShoes on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Haha, not me. Although I usually don't party where I sleep because if I'm partying, I'm not sleeping.

Because here in Ohio, we're some crazy motherfuckers.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Woot, Hyatt here we come! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Haterot wrote: »

I don't think the PAX block is completely sold out... just looks like the corner suites and two double rooms are gone. I just booked two more rooms for friends of mine who are taking far too long to book themselves. :P

kaldonis on
  • Options
    redfish27redfish27 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    redfish27 wrote: »
    The nightly hotel rates (at least for the 3 official hotels) go up significantly if you try to reserve a room for more than 2 people. For those of you who stayed in one last year, were you honest about the reservation or did you just reserve a room for two? Did any of the hotels give you a hard time for paying for 2 but sleeping 4?

They seem to be adding their rollaway bed fees automatically for the third and fourth person.

Last year I booked for the room for one (me) then called about a month afterwards and added the other three people to the room list (once I found my roomies on the forum). When you call in they ask if you need the roll-aways (the Sheraton does at least) and you can tell them no. Then you only pay the flat rate for four people.

Even if its four guys or four girls on your registry they won't dig any deeper and ask about your sleeping arrangements and will just assume you are fond enough of each other to share the two beds.

The Sheraton booking site has this pricing info:

Room Extra Person Rate: 25.00
    Extra Rollaway Adult: 20.00
    Extra Rollaway Child: 20.00

I don't see why I should pay an extra $50/night just to use the 2 beds already in the room (no rollaways). But if they didn't check last year, I'll just book it for 2 regardless. I have been places (NYC is particularly bad) where they do headcounts as you come up from the lobby or won't give you more towels than the number of people you paid for. As long as the Seattle hotels aren't like that, I don't have a problem lying to avoid the extra fees.

redfish27 on
  • Options
    HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    redfish27 wrote: »
    I have been places (NYC is particularly bad) where they do headcounts as you come up from the lobby or won't give you more towels than the number of people you paid for. As long as the Seattle hotels aren't like that, I don't have a problem lying to avoid the extra fees.

I think they have staff come and tuck you in and do a lights out count.
    or was that prison? I'm getting confused.

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    coelacanthcoelacanth Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is Thursday night the unofficial PAX night? Everyone is booked starting Thursday and seeing lots of people talking about it. I changed my initial reservation of Fri-Mon to Thu-Mon just in case. My boyfriend and I were arriving early to stay with friends and visit Seattle but now I want to stay with all of you on Thursday night and get started having fun!

coelacanth on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    coelacanth wrote: »
    Is Thursday night the unofficial PAX night? Everyone is booked starting Thursday and seeing lots of people talking about it. I changed my initial reservation of Fri-Mon to Thu-Mon just in case. My boyfriend and I were arriving early to stay with friends and visit Seattle but now I want to stay with all of you on Thursday night and get started having fun!

Most people come into town on Thursday because flying Friday morning + 1st full day of pax = tiring.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    kaldonis wrote: »

I mean have Monday night available. Since it's going to be Labor Day, there may be people willing to extend their stay over the holiday.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

I mean have Monday night available. Since it's going to be Labor Day, there may be people willing to extend their stay over the holiday.

Not sure about Monday nights... probably limited availability. But it would make sense to me that people would be going back to work on Tuesday and therefore wanting to fly home Monday, no?

kaldonis on
  • Options
    SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Bankrupting myself to stay at the Sheraton Thursday-Monday. God, it's a good thing I'll have friends helping to pay for that THOUSAND DOLLAR ROOM.

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Not sure about Monday nights... probably limited availability. But it would make sense to me that people would be going back to work on Tuesday and therefore wanting to fly home Monday, no?

Normally, I'd say yes. But this year, it's one of the major Federal holidays (Labor Day), so you could stay the extra day and not lose a day of vacation.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

The Hyatt is literally *across the street* from the convention center. In fact, ALL of the hotels (Roosevelt, Sheraton, Hyatt, and Paramount) are within a BLOCK of the convention center. Except for the Crown Plaza, which is like 3 blocks uphill fromthe convention center. For the record, we booked a corner suite at the Hyatt, check in Thursday and Monday check out.

If my 270lb unfit geek of a programming boyfriend can walk it, so can all of you people. :lol: (btw, he told me to say that verbatim.)

KaitouAyashi on
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Last year was my first PAX so i didn't really pay attention to how things progressed (only decided to go like a month before) so perhaps this is obvious but do they add more hotels as these first 3 fill up? I know the Days Inn was a PAX hotel last year and while I'd love to stay at the sheraton, my friends are all cheap asses.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, when things get full, they'll look to getting more space.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Awesome again! Thanks moe

JPants on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I couldn't resist getting a corner suite... only an extra ten bucks a night? Score.

So yeah, party at my room? =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If my 270lb unfit geek of a programming boyfriend can walk it, so can all of you people.

Amen. Maybe you guys should grab some official hotels that are like 10 blocks away from the convention center to get some of the PAXers their exercise for the year. :)

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Soups wrote: »
    Bankrupting myself to stay at the Sheraton Thursday-Monday. God, it's a good thing I'll have friends helping to pay for that THOUSAND DOLLAR ROOM.

Yea well I'm just happy that sharing it is only going to run me $400 instead of over $1500 which is what I'm hoping to spend on the entire trip.
    I couldn't resist getting a corner suite... only an extra ten bucks a night? Score.

Oh yea! I would have liked a corner suite but how much time am I really going to spend there to enjoy it since I'm going to be in your room all the time. Besides some folks might find it creepy having to snuggle with me to split the room.:lol:

ShineyBlueShoes on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Soups wrote: »

Yea well I'm just happy that sharing it is only going to run me $400 instead of over $1500 which is what I'm hoping to spend on the entire trip.

Oh yea! I would have liked a corner suite but how much time am I really going to spend there to enjoy it since I'm going to be in your room all the time. Besides some folks might find it creepy having to snuggle with me to split the room.:lol:

lol! =)

Aye, in truth, I wasn't sure if it'd be worth it to get a corner suite.. but I figure if there ends up being a huge PAX party, I might as well be able to give some attendees a place to sit down. My room can be the "hide here when the cops come to break up the party" room. ;-)

Kidding, kidding! :lol:

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Count me in the club of $1000 rooms. We're ballin'.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

We couldn't resist the upgrade either. And we'll definitely crash the party at your place! Now we can adopt that other guy's mantra of never partying where he sleeps, since we'll be partying in your room and heading back to our own corner suite to sleep :lol:

Our room wasn't quite $1K, but it's hands down our largest PAX expense. We probably spent about 2/3 of our hotel cost last year on Pre-reg + BYOC, food, gas, misc swag, and booze for the ill-fated Party at Sealab Party. This year we're staying an extra night in the aforementioned suite and expect to spend a bit less; we didn't buy as much stuff as we thought we would in the Exhibition Hall.

KaitouAyashi on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

We couldn't resist the upgrade either. And we'll definitely crash the party at your place! Now we can adopt that other guy's mantra of never partying where he sleeps, since we'll be partying in your room and heading back to our own corner suite to sleep :lol:

Our room wasn't quite $1K, but it's hands down our largest PAX expense. We probably spent about 2/3 of our hotel cost last year on Pre-reg + BYOC, food, gas, misc swag, and booze for the ill-fated Party at Sealab Party. This year we're staying an extra night in the aforementioned suite and expect to spend a bit less; we didn't buy as much stuff as we thought we would in the Exhibition Hall.

Woot, excellent! =)

Heh, aye... the rooms weren't cheap, but I'm hoping to offset the "during PAX" hotel cost by getting an uber-cheap hotel on the outskirts of town for that week or so before PAX that we'll be up there. I budgeted at the onset to have ~$130 or so per day for hotel costs... so if we go to like an Extended Stay America (at 80$) for the week prior, it should pretty much offset the higher cost of the nice hotel while PAX is going on... hopefully. =) I'm excited about this, the only time I've ever been in a nice hotel was my wedding night. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Plus, after moving from the ESA to one of the swankier hotels, you'll really appreciate how nice they are.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Aye, decisively =) The only thing that'll be nice about the ESA is those stovetops. Both of us are fairly decent at cooking, and it saves us a lot of cash when we're on trips (especially since my wife has Celiac disease so she can't eat gluten, making it very hard to find "out to eat" food she can eat ;) ). But that's about all that can be said positively about ESA for the most part. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    tree barktree bark Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, when things get full, they'll look to getting more space.

How long has it usually taken before the first set of hotels are fully booked?

tree bark on
    arachnidreactor.png
This discussion has been closed.