As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Druid thread - l2tree!

1575859606163»

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    So, we're supposedly going to be capable of maintanking in Wrath. What do you all think about this? The reign of the warrior as the primary tank is coming to a close, but they are taking physical damage as their niche.

What should we get as our advantage in tanking? Paladins will have AoE threat, Death Knights will have magic mitigation. Logically, we'd be the mirror to the paladins and have an edge when it came to single-target threat.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    advantage in tanking? big bear butt.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    We tank with our faces.

Echo on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    So, we're supposedly going to be capable of maintanking in Wrath. What do you all think about this? The reign of the warrior as the primary tank is coming to a close, but they are taking physical damage as their niche.

What should we get as our advantage in tanking? Paladins will have AoE threat, Death Knights will have magic mitigation. Logically, we'd be the mirror to the paladins and have an edge when it came to single-target threat.

Well, druids have been able to maintank for most of TBC as well, even if maybe 65% of the time a warrior was better.

Blizzard hasn't exactly made it clear what our niche will be, but I hope it's a specialization in tanking hard-hitting physical damage bosses. Warriors can take care of bosses that have a good mix of physical and magical damage.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm working on a new thread compiling information. Gimme 10-15 minutes and I'll maek post.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Druids aren't capable of main tanking? news to me.

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ryokaze wrote: »
    Druids aren't capable of main tanking? news to me.
    There are many fights where you cannot main tank unless you outgear it. There are more fights where you cannot tank at all.

EDIT: NEW THREAD!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I wouldn't really say many. There are a couple.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Looks to me like Warriors will be semi-decent at AoE Tanking as well.

EDIT: I'm sure you all saw the blue post...
    Blue wrote:
    If druids had gigantic health pools but lower mitigation and avoidance than a warrior, that would be tanking flavor. It would mean you heal the bears a little different -- they might drain more mana, but the damage would be more predictable. In really long fights, the warrior might have an advantage. In a fight where a boss hit quickly for less damage per hit, the warrior might have an advantage. In fights with periods of really big damage, the druid might have an advantage. In magic fights where armor was less of a factor, the druid might have an advantage. This is just an example. Our overriding concern is making sure the tanks have the tools, threat and mitigation they need to tank. A secondary concern is making sure they don't feel too similar.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, I tank for my guild as the mainstay for hard hitting bosses, and I'm really only wearing badge+pvp+a couple pieces of T4 level gear that happen to be really well itemized. Our warriors only tank when it's some gimmick boss that absolutely requires block or spell reflect.

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Looks to me like Warriors will be semi-decent at AoE Tanking as well.

EDIT: I'm sure you all saw the blue post...
    Blue wrote:
    If druids had gigantic health pools but lower mitigation and avoidance than a warrior, that would be tanking flavor. It would mean you heal the bears a little different -- they might drain more mana, but the damage would be more predictable. In really long fights, the warrior might have an advantage. In a fight where a boss hit quickly for less damage per hit, the warrior might have an advantage. In fights with periods of really big damage, the druid might have an advantage. In magic fights where armor was less of a factor, the druid might have an advantage. This is just an example. Our overriding concern is making sure the tanks have the tools, threat and mitigation they need to tank. A secondary concern is making sure they don't feel too similar.

Ugh. Until a little bit after TBC launch we were pretty fucking awesome multi target tanks. Remember pre nerf swipe? One of our strengths in the pre - okish itemised feral gear/tbc days was that we could do this. Then they took it away and gave us whatever the hell we have now

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
This discussion has been closed.