As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Eternal Phalla: Sanity's Redemption [Ancient Victory...?]

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    PARGON

But where are the role PMs? :(

I only saw the prophet's. Also, those runes.

Seriously on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I agree. More people should be forced (or fake) to post Haiku. It will become accepted, damnit!
    Too many people
    can not count beats for that to
    be a mechanic

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I agree. More people should be forced (or fake) to post Haiku. It will become accepted, damnit!
    Too many people
    can not count beats for that to
    be a mechanic

EDIT: Wait, is it 575 or 585?

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    To be clear, that last comment was pointing at everyone involved here, Spectre and yourself. You could easily live longer if you didn't do things that make the evils and goods want to butcher you. Although I have to admit that I'd be sorely disappointed if there were to be a lack of Paint Wars and haiku. I still have an epic poster I made for the Robot Phalla to become MC, but I decided to back cheez instead. Still saving it for just the right moment.
    The real question comes down to the imperative to win versus have fun. Being quiet and keeping your head down will increase you chances of living but if you're just a villager what the fuck are you doing to try and win? I will also call out bad plans as a villager (and thus as a bad guy as well) and call people on the carpet for them. It's one of the strongest things a villager can do to help the village win the game.

This changes somewhat if you're a special obviously.

I do this quite often, (Such as Zot's insanity which drew some suspicion on me, or Buzz's horrible Death Note theory that got me jailed.) and it generally ends in my demise. I do all I can, even if I am a vanillager.

Or, you can pull a Gorilla Salad and say "Man, I am just a villager, I can't do anything else other than vote!" then he gets bandwagoned and "Oh, at least I have too much of a life to spend on playing phallas all the time, c-ya."

I find that much more annoying than Pretentious' agressiveness or Drez's douchebaggery. Hell, I think those two add more to a game than most people, which is why I had been saying I missed Drez before he signed up.

People who post more make the game more fun!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I do this quite often, (Such as Zot's insanity which drew some suspicion on me, or Buzz's horrible Death Note theory that got me jailed.) and it generally ends in my demise. I do all I can, even if I am a vanillager.

Or, you can pull a Gorilla Salad and say "Man, I am just a villager, I can't do anything else other than vote!" then he gets bandwagoned and "Oh, at least I have too much of a life to spend on playing phallas all the time, c-ya."

I find that much more annoying than Pretentious' agressiveness or Drez's douchebaggery. Hell, I think those two add more to a game than most people, which is why I had been saying I missed Drez before he signed up.

I hear that. It's always a pain when all the other fun people are dead at the end, and I'm sitting around with a bunch of people that hardly post during the end game, trying to convince them that I'm not evil while they won't even deign to respond.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Which is what it comes down to. Additionally mechanics that give people things to post about (besides just post whoring) are good.

Also, 5 7 5.

With that, I bow out for a few hours.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Which is what it comes down to. Additionally mechanics that give people things to post about (besides just post whoring) are good.

Also, 5 7 5.

With that, I bow out for a few hours.

Thought so, in which case, what I had up there originally

DA is correct
    A mass of uncultured swine
    It is quite the shame.

And I'm out as well.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh and if someone would go into the signup thread for Frosteey's game and say Luna Lovegood, that would be great. I'd really like to post something terrible there that's been sitting in the quick reply box for quite a while now.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wh

what?

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Just go do it! Someone must before it's too late.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    W...what about Luna Lovegood?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    W...what about Luna Lovegood?

No no, not in here. Phallagnorok thread. Just repeat what you said there, and I can post a very large and cruel (to the viewer, not the subject) picture.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I uh

I suppose that was kind of a...moral? Victory for you.

Because that doesn't really affect me either way.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    It's difficult to understand the satisfaction I gain from finally posting that. Not in the sense that I've been waiting for the right moment, but that I've had the tab open for multiple hours while I did other things. Sure I could have posted much worse things, but the situation really didn't call for it.

Much appreciated Spectre. I'll remember this the next time I hold your life in the balance. Now, I can finally rest.

EDIT: Whoa, that's a lot of Pargons you have there in your profile Seriously.

EDITx2: I was going to make a "seriously" joke just now, but I appreciate your politeness with regards to my brief trek into madness.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2007
    i am such a bastard.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That was my first real chance to play evil and it was pretty fun.

The dead seering kinda sucked, as I seemed to go from not stirring any suspicion at all (we honestly thought Crono would bite the dust before I did) to being instantly bandwagonned with nothing I could do about it.

DA, you open up the forums for everyone?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    To be clear, that last comment was pointing at everyone involved here, Spectre and yourself. You could easily live longer if you didn't do things that make the evils and goods want to butcher you. Although I have to admit that I'd be sorely disappointed if there were to be a lack of Paint Wars and haiku. I still have an epic poster I made for the Robot Phalla to become MC, but I decided to back cheez instead. Still saving it for just the right moment.
    The real question comes down to the imperative to win versus have fun. Being quiet and keeping your head down will increase you chances of living but if you're just a villager what the fuck are you doing to try and win? I will also call out bad plans as a villager (and thus as a bad guy as well) and call people on the carpet for them. It's one of the strongest things a villager can do to help the village win the game.

Exactly. I mean, I'm rather surprised I lived so long. I thought I was acting OBVIOUSLY evil. I mean "explain why you look so unsuspicious" is just crazy and I repeated it about four or five times. Crazy. Evil. I don't know if I'm insulted or flattered that no one picked up on it. :P

But really my goal was to have fun. I feel a bit guilty that my craziness may have lost (or contributed to losing) the Chats the game but...I think we had fun anyway.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Also, I really cannot believe I managed to be top poster. I did not intend for that to occur.

Drez on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Drez wrote: »

Exactly. I mean, I'm rather surprised I lived so long. I thought I was acting OBVIOUSLY evil. I mean "explain why you look so unsuspicious" is just crazy and I repeated it about four or five times. Crazy. Evil. I don't know if I'm insulted or flattered that no one picked up on it. :P

But really my goal was to have fun. I feel a bit guilty that my craziness may have lost (or contributed to losing) the Chats the game but...I think we had fun anyway.

Honestly, every time I've been in a game where I can target someone and I go after you someone else targets you the same round. So I basically just assume someone else will take care of it :P

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Drez wrote: »

On the day I was dying I was pretty certain you were evil...which is part of the reason I kept baiting you, the other was that it was entertaining.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Someone open up the Chattur'ga boards. I need to know why I was killed.

Although I can pretty much guess that it was due to me acting like I usually do.

Seriously on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Seriously wrote: »
    Someone open up the Chattur'ga boards. I need to know why I was killed.

Although I can pretty much guess that it was due to me acting like I usually do.

I opened it up
    , but there isn't much there.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Whenever I am evil I really don't talk. It is horrible and easy to point out.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I've never been evil, so I don't know how I'd act.

I've actually gotten rather comfortable as the constant vanillager.

Seriously on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey guys,

It's hard to stay interested in a game when you get killed Day 1, even when there is a dead thread with active mechanics. Apologies for my inactivity later on, but, towards the end, I figured there were enough dead villagers around for my vote not to be missed.

That being said, how did I get killed? I don't remember who the Mantorokian was, did they kill me 'cause of my bottle or was it just the luck of the draw?

If it was just a random death, that would count as the third time I've been killed on day 1 or 2 of a Phalla due to supposed RNG (Phallost, death by Frosteey in aSoIaF, and now this)

Maybe I should stick to the mini-Phallas, I seem to do better in those.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Seriously wrote: »
    I've never been evil, so I don't know how I'd act.

I've actually gotten rather comfortable as the constant vanillager.
    It gets old after awhile. It's been awhile since I've done anything as a normal villager. Either I'm lost in the game or well, I'm not on the village's side.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey guys,

It's hard to stay interested in a game when you get killed Day 1, even when there is a dead thread with active mechanics. Apologies for my inactivity later on, but, towards the end, I figured there were enough dead villagers around for my vote not to be missed.

That being said, how did I get killed? I don't remember who the Mantorokian was, did they kill me 'cause of my bottle or was it just the luck of the draw?

If it was just a random death, that would count as the third time I've been killed on day 1 or 2 of a Phalla due to supposed RNG (Phallost, death by Frosteey in aSoIaF, and now this)

Maybe I should stick to the mini-Phallas, I seem to do better in those.

pk was the mantarok. So it could have been what you said in my day 1 network that had you killed.

M.D. on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I knew it :p

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So PK killed me? I find that hilarious.

Drez on
  • Options
    MatatatMatatat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Rend wrote: »

BTW: Matatat, you can work with me ANY PHALLA EVER. ^_^
    I take it that means I did well then.

Hurray!

Matatat on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So then Embark, I can blame you for this then? ;-)

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So then Embark, I can blame you for this then? ;-)

If you want to. :3

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I actually tried to see if I could kill myself on the night I died. I asked HB if that would be allowed. For two reasons. First, I thought it would be hilarious and confusing if the narration/results said "Drez...Chatturgha Horror...killed by Chatturgha" and second, I wanted to take Rend with me. So I'm glad PK had the sense to stab at me. And that's why I made a post (which I summarily deleted) saying that if I read the mechanics correctly, Rend would die anyway. At that point I hadn't confirmed with HB that I could not kill myself but...I'm glad PK did it.

*evil*

Drez on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2007
    lol
    obbi wrote:
    robothero would be a good one

because I hate him a lot

because he sucks

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Evil's god-darned right, drez! And i knew it drom DAY 1!!!! I should have just screwed it and accused you.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Matatat wrote: »

BTW: Matatat, you can work with me ANY PHALLA EVER. ^_^
    I take it that means I did well then.

Hurray!

Yeah, Matatat. You did just fine ^_^

Heck, you outlived the entire REST of the network, and had the tome, like, forty times.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Heck, you outlived the entire REST of the network, and had the tome, like, forty times.
    How'd I do?

I wish I'd saved that PM....

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

How'd I do?

I wish I'd saved that PM....

Sir Devoutly of Screw You!!

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey, you made a day that was kindy shitty for me end on a funny note.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, that was a good game.

I felt I played it just about as good as I could have, short of finding an alliance.

This is the second time I have been the lone wolf type and died just a day or so out of victory.

Basically, I did want the tome, because I figured if I had the tome, my powers would be greatly was my first assumption. It was true what I said about wanting the tome over the weekend. It is true I am barely on if at all and I didn't want to be a target for being the tome holder. When I came back over the weekend, I decided to change gears and act with madness. I usually don't live after day 3, because then everyone expects me to being evil or some sort of special, so I figured, acting insane was the only way to safeguard my life for awhile, which I did. I got lucky on the vigilante\family kill on night 2 and pretty much played to how I think people were acting.

My assumption was right in this game as I figured the bad guys to be mostly quiet if not inactive votes based on a bad guy killing an already dead guy (durax).

precisionk on