As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Buying a 360

mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Made a thread a while ago about buying a 360, decided not to go through eBay, and buy one from a store. I thought I would make one more thread to make sure I got everything right, and didn't screw something up. I live in Australia for reference.

The deal I was going to go with was at Kmart and is as follows ( I can probably get EB to price match if that is better?)

Xbox 360 Premium with HDMI
F.E.A.R
Viva Pinata
Forza 2

All for... 539 Australian credits

This seems like the best deal around at the moment, so I will probably jump on it unless anyone has any better deals? If I choose to sell F.E.A.R, Viva Pinata, and Forza 2 on eBay, I could probably get $100 for them all up, which effectively makes the 360 cost $439. Sweet.

From what I understand I am looking for a 360 with
  • A BenQ drive ( I hear it is the least loud?)
  • Lot No. 738+
  • And an MFR date if I can from: 2007-09-24+

Anything I am missing? I read I should get one from those dates to increase my chances of it not dying on me.

One more thing, I see games like Bioshock on eBay from China for about 50 dollars all up, claiming to be legit as they are region free. Is this safe? Seems good. Thanks for the help. Should be picking one up next week if all goes well! ;-)

mooshoepork on

• Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You can get Gears of war from Kmart for $40 this week too.

The forza/viva pinata is a single case, like a split title thing. So its worth sweet fuck all.

Fear should be the real deal tho, but thats only worth $40 new at kmart atm too.

noobert on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling Viva and that were together. I could still probably get a little for it. Maybe. Money isn't that important anyway. I just want a functioning xbox 360. :P Nintendo has "spoiled" me.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    *bump* no one else? over 100 views. I guess everything listed it right then?

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    kire77kire77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just buy a 360 and Gears of War, Assassins Creed and Halo 3 and be happy about this.
    Maybe The Darkness is also a very good Title.
    Besides Assassins Creed I am pretty sure that you get the other great games for a good price.

Who needs Viva Pinata and Forza? (even if you want to sell them, you will not get much money out of that).

kire77 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    kire77 wrote: »
    Just buy a 360 and Gears of War, Assassins Creed and Halo 3 and be happy about this.
    Besides Assassins Creed I am pretty sure that you get the other great games for a good price.

Who needs Viva Pinata and Forza? (even if you want to sell them, you will not get much money out of that).

what? Uh...not...quite sure what you are getting at, but thanks!

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    kire77 wrote: »

In Aus land the 360 comes bundled with viva pinata and forza 2 now.

mooshoepork, just go buy it! at the current price, with a few amazing games on sale, AND the fear deal sweetener, why not?

noobert on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I am set on buying it. I just wanted to know if those were the right constraints to buy it. Or if the HDMI one has better components? to reduce the chance of RROD.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    kathoskathos Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    http://forums.xbox.com/15804553/ShowPost.aspx

Check that, I think that's the info you're looking for.

kathos on
    Brlito.png