Options

BAWLS tastes like shit.

2»

• Options
    JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    drink a red bull vodka and tell me it does not taste like smarties. remembering drinking one does not count. you have to do it right now. this instant.

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Jinx FD wrote:
    drink a red bull vodka and tell me it does not taste like smarties. remembering drinking one does not count. you have to do it right now. this instant.

This sounds like a challenge.

Do you really want to battle a Canadian in a drinking game?

I suppose it's possible that it might taste like smarties, seeing as how smarties taste like crap, too. Reeses pieces FTW.

Ninto on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    Ninto wrote:
    Jinx FD wrote:

I suppose it's possible that it might taste like smarties, seeing as how smarties taste like crap, too. Reeses pieces FTW.

a) You're a fucking idiot. Smarties win that battle, hands down.
    b) She's not talking about Canadian Smarties, she is talking about American smarties, which we call rockets in Canada. Either that or she is insane, as Red Bull/Vodka tastes just like liquid rockets, and nothing like candy coated chocolate.

Summary: Red Bull/Vodka improves both the Red Bull AND the Vodka (unless you have very very good vodka)

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    StrawberryFieldsStrawberryFields Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    InitialDK wrote:
    I still can't wrap my ego around drinking "Bawls" and "blue Bawls" at that. It was worsened when I saw that sticker that said "Fueled by Bawls". I'm in no way homophobic, I just don't want to be powered by balls. Maybe if it was amended to "my Bawls", but then again they don't really fuel me as much as drive me to do wicked, wicked things...

Plus I've drank so much caffienein my life that it has no effect on my mental or energy state. It might as well be flavored water, but good tasting flavored water, like root beer. Or cola, with rum in it. What was I talking about?

OH and the sound of those shits dropping kind of got on my nerves. Although I'll probably take the dude from the second Mike/Jerry panel's advice and use it as a drinking game with the DVD.

paxbawlsboobies.jpg

StrawberryFields on
    <3
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    First off, agreed, Bawls is shit. The mints were even worse.

If you wanna try a good energy drink, get away from all of those crappy fruity girly drinks. Jolt Cola is an old classic. If you're lucky and can get a hold of any Afri-Cola, you'll be in heaven, cause you will prolly die of a caffiene overdose.

...But damn you'll enjoy it

Unknown User on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Snowballs, however, were very delicious, IMO...

I agree. Bawls sux. SnowBawls good.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    StrawberryFieldsStrawberryFields Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I have to admit, Bawls isn't first place in my heart. Diet Mega (Cosmo, not Mojito) is my favorite. But Bawls will always be there for me during late-night gaming sessions. <3

StrawberryFields on
    <3
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    apotheos wrote:
    Ninto wrote:
    Jinx FD wrote:

a) You're a fucking idiot. Smarties win that battle, hands down.
    b) She's not talking about Canadian Smarties, she is talking about American smarties, which we call rockets in Canada. Either that or she is insane, as Red Bull/Vodka tastes just like liquid rockets, and nothing like candy coated chocolate.

Summary: Red Bull/Vodka improves both the Red Bull AND the Vodka (unless you have very very good vodka)

a) Reeses pieces are way better than the Canadian Smarties. Hands down!
    b) they do taste more like rockets than they do Smarties, but "just like" ? Not even close, unless your tastebuds are fried.

I guess your summary confirms that...while vodka does improve Red Bull by making it alcoholic, it does little to the taste. Red Bull definitely does NOT improve vodka's taste, unless you're drinking shite vodka.

I still prefer beer. If I want caffiene with my beer I'll take a goddamn pill and not have to deal with the shitty taste and overpriced beverage.

Ninto on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    canadian smarties are chocolate candies? i am talking about the little sugar candies you get in kindergarten, that come all in a tube shape and are...i don't know...chalkyish in texture.

Jinx on
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Bawls isn't good, but it's inoffensive, and carries a good punch.

Bawls Mints are a great pick-me-up between bottles, and the fizzle on the tongue is a bonus.

SnowBawls seems to share no chemical relationship with the actual energy drink beyond the caffeine content, which is good.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    I have to weigh in that I like the sugar-free Bawls the best, though I save it for special occasions when I need a real boost. I use the Bawls mints for a quick pick-me-up (they aren't nearly as potent).

I've recently discovered Yerba Mate tea, which has a similar non-jittery caffeine. Of course, you have to drink a lot of it (3-4 small French presses worth) to get a Bawls-worth of boost.

Funny story: My 2 1/2 year-old son has dubbed my clear sugar-free Bawls "Daddy Water" since he's seen me drinking it so much lately. :lol:

Unknown User on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Bring back Jolt.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    jrunderjrunder Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    jolt is back

jrunder on
  • Options
    OMGmyFACEOMGmyFACE Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Bawls tastes like shit when you have that fucking much of it. God... I chugged a 10oz bottle of snobawls after having a case of the mints. I think I'm gonna swear off 'em for a bit.

OMGmyFACE on
    No.

style5,OMGmyFACE.png
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    Jinx FD wrote:
    canadian smarties are chocolate candies? i am talking about the little sugar candies you get in kindergarten, that come all in a tube shape and are...i don't know...chalkyish in texture.

Yeah. Canadian Smarties are chocolate. It's weird stuff.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Jinx FD wrote:

We call those rockets.

Cadbury chocolate created Smarties and sell them in Canada and Europe. It's candy coated milk chocolate. It is also awesome. It is also 10x better then either Reeces Pieces or M&Ms as they are made by a chocolate company that actually produces reasonable chocolate. If anyone wants a sample, I'd be happy to mail them one.

Anyway, when they turned to the American market they found another candy called Smarties and gave up.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    weird. well, that's nice. i don't think that canadian smarties would taste at all like red bull vodka. i don't know what you're drawing those kinds of comparisons for. gosh.

Jinx on
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    cyraxwinscyraxwins Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    bawls may not tast good, but people will do stupid shit for a free one...

SUNP0070.jpg

SUNP0069.jpg

SUNP0075.jpg

cyraxwins on
    style7,Cyrax-spc-Motherfucker.png
  • Options
    OMGmyFACEOMGmyFACE Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Geez, man. Too awesome.
    I'm still glad I didn't flash my balls for a bottle. Normally, I'd love to flash the entire convention, but not for something I just gotta go up the stairs for. People did all that shit knowing full well they could've shelled out a buck? Nuts. lol

OMGmyFACE on
    No.

style5,OMGmyFACE.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Bawls doesn't taste fantastic, but it keeps me awake.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Jinx FD wrote:
    weird. well, that's nice. i don't think that canadian smarties would taste at all like red bull vodka. i don't know what you're drawing those kinds of comparisons for. gosh.

Hey, I was agreeing with you.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    TastEPlasmaTastEPlasma Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Greetings,

Actually, I have always liked the taste of bawls. I like the fact that it isn't very sweet like most non alcoholic carbonated drinks. Also, even though I am the caffeine addict in my click, I still feel like I am about to have a heart attack after four of them in an eight hour period. I guess my friends and I are just light weights. Although I do recall drinking a helluva lot at PAX 04', and seemed to do ok.

Sincerely,
    TastEPlasma

PS Speaking of energy drinks, I like to mix mine up rather than drink the same thing all day. For instance, coffee first, then redbull, then SoBe Energy is a preferred combination (drank over the course of an entire day). Bawls is hard to find around here, which is why I usually get it special, say when I go and get carry out sushi. Anyone else?

TastEPlasma on
    2.17Ghz, Radeon9800PRO, 512MB 333 OCZ, DFI NFII Lanparty revision b, 80GB WD on SATA, Creative Audigy II
  • Options
    _tepid__tepid_ Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Nope.

It uh...

Still tastes like shit.

_tepid_ on
    The proposed legislation stems from an investigation into an Enumclaw, Wash., farm, where a 45-year-old man died on July 2 from internal bleeding due to a perforated colon resulting from having sex with a horse.
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Bawls taste good damnit, now I need to get myself some... Wouldve bought a case or two at PAX if it wasnt for the lack of room on the flight home... I was mixing that stuff with Mountain Dew Pitch Black last year, which they brought black(Well, Pitch Black 2, tastes the same but is sour now), so Ill have to grab me some Bawls again... Regardless of what other people say about it, I like it.

And those Sno Bawls deffinatly kicked alot of ass, especially since they were free...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Jinx FD wrote:

I don't think that red bull vodka tastes like american smarties, either.

Ninto on
  • Options
    R3V3L4T1ONR3V3L4T1ON Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Honestly, Bawls' taste is bearable. It's not wonderful, but it tastes okay and certainly has a great amount of caffeine. Also it is nowhere near as bad as Red Bull.

And AMP is the best.

R3V3L4T1ON on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Bawls is the most palatable and refreshing energy drink I've ever tasted.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    R3V3L4T1ON wrote:
    Honestly, Bawls' taste is bearable. It's not wonderful, but it tastes okay and certainly has a great amount of caffeine. Also it is nowhere near as bad as Red Bull.

And AMP is the best.

booya

Shade on