Better late than never!

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Oh god, Disney World.

You know that Alien Encounter ride? The one where you are sitting in those chairs, and then the alien specimen breaks out and all hell breaks loose? Yeah, when I was a little kid my mom thought it would be a good idea to try to like, grab me by the shoulder with her hand to comfort me when things were getting all dark and scary.

Yeah... I think I peed myself a little.

My parents took me on that and I passed out.

I woke up in one of the hospital / medical rooms at Disney.

That'll fuck a kid up.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The Cat wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote:
    Is The Cat in the thread?
    No? Thread does not deliver.
    Better late than never!

My The Cat call worked!

_J_ on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh god, Disney World.

You know that Alien Encounter ride? The one where you are sitting in those chairs, and then the alien specimen breaks out and all hell breaks loose? Yeah, when I was a little kid my mom thought it would be a good idea to try to like, grab me by the shoulder with her hand to comfort me when things were getting all dark and scary.

Yeah... I think I peed myself a little.

Who the fuck thinks it's a good idea to take a little kid to see a fucking Aliens show? O_o

Also, no I can't just drive to the store and get chips, because I'm stranded at my boyfriend's house without a car. I'm thinking of chopping the sofa up to use for smoke signals in an hour.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Heeeeeeeeeeey.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The only time I brooded on a family trip was when my parents thought it would be a grand idea to take two months of my summer on a RV camping trip up to Canada and back in our tiny ass trailer.

I think it was about 2 weeks before we burned through all the reading material, games and whatnot and were all about ready to kill each other over living in such close quarters.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, I'm off to the bookstore, later chat.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The only time I brooded on a family trip was when my parents thought it would be a grand idea to take two months of my summer on a RV camping trip up to Canada and back in our tiny ass trailer.

I think it was about 2 weeks before we burned through all the reading material, games and whatnot and were all about ready to kill each other over living in such close quarters.

When I was little my parents took us on a vacation every god damned summer. They were convinced that this would foster togetherness and precious memorys.

It mostly just made me fucking hate them.

The whole "Here's something you don't want, now love us" philosophy can go shit itself to death as far as I'm concerned.

And that's where my whole hatred of the "life is a gift" crapfest comes from.

I DON'T WANT THE FUCKING GIFT.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am wearing nothing but boxers right now.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I gently nibble on your ear.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    _J_ wrote: »

I "baaaaa" loudly.

• Options
    edited November 2007

I "baaaaa" loudly.

I slowly reach for my sheers.

_J_ on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

When I was little my parents took us on a vacation every god damned summer. They were convinced that this would foster togetherness and precious memorys.

It mostly just made me fucking hate them.

The whole "Here's something you don't want, now love us" philosophy can go shit itself to death as far as I'm concerned.

Apparently you do.

moniker on
  • Options
    NavocNavoc Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

What are your feelings on suicide?

Navoc on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My mom and her boyfriend decided to drive to Newfoundland for his niece's wedding and took me with them. The trip would have been awesome, had the two of them not decided that I couldn't enjoy myself any way but their way.

For instance, one time we were parked beside this small, crystal-clear lake that really reflected the sky, sort of like that one landscape in Forrest Gump. I liked looking at it from inside the car, where I could enjoy the AC and listen to music and just really make the most of the moment. They thought it was a good idea to pester me to get out of the car and then get irate with me for the rest of the day, then bring it up for the rest of the trip. 'Cause that's more enjoyable for everyone.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Navoc wrote: »

What are your feelings on suicide?

I don't have a gun.

And I'm not doing anything that might not work because then I'll just have medical bills.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I don't have a gun.

And I'm not doing anything that might not work because then I'll just have medical bills.

I have a lot of trouble taking you seriously, considering the huge amount of ways one can guarantee their own death (that do not involve firearms).

Navoc on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I don't have a gun.

I have a lot of trouble taking you seriously, considering the huge amount of ways one can guarantee their own death (that do not involve firearms).

That's fair.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I don't have a gun.

That's fair.

So you do not want to kill yourself? You do enjoy the gift, on some level?

Navoc on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    It really should require at most a day of solid planning, followed by a few days of acquiring the proper materials to exact the plan. Really, if you were serious you'd be gone by now. You're bitching about how this world sucks, but you don't seem to dislike existing in a world. Problem is, ending yourself and leaving this world doesn't mean you're going to end up in some other world. You rather have a shitty world than no world. This makes you somewhat of a hypocrite, J.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wow, can we be not assholes to potential suicidal people, no matter how likely or unlikely?
    Jesus fucking christ.

• Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Wow, can we be not assholes to potential suicidal people, no matter how likely or unlikely?
    Jesus fucking christ.

I really agree with this sentiment.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2007

I don't really know what a potential suicide person acts like.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Jesus fucking christ.

The best course of action for _J_ now is to stop posting under his current account, leading everyone to believe they drove him to suicide, causing themselves to be plagued by guilt for the rest of their lives. Really though, no one wants _J_ to kill himself (no matter how annoying he is), and I don't think anyone has done anything that would increase the chance he would do so.

On a more light hearted note: I am very bored. Someone should make a religion thread so I can yell about a/theism and the ridiculous people who call themselves agnostic. Fun will be had by all (and by "all" I mean "me").

Navoc on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Never mind, I just read the rest of the thread.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I want J to go on an insane killing spree. It would be a surprise that's for sure.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I want J to go on an insane killing spree. It would be a surprise that's for sure.

I don't. He might kill me or one of my friends.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Not anymore it wouldn't.

Jerk store.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Ha ha America!

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm watching episode 1 of The War. The first hand descriptions of the Bataan Death March are really fucked up.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

He would have to sit down and define what an "insane killing spree" really means first.

ege02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Ha ha America!

We don't really need more reasons to be glad we're not there.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    After I go get a few copies of my diploma made and hit a mail box I think I'm going to be all caught up with paper work, bills, and organization that I've been meaning to do for a while. Huzzah!

moniker on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    [Chat] died early.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Church wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, where this line of thinking place me:

"I don't care if there is a god or not, because he obviously has no interest or relevance to my life, and therefore I have no interest in god."

Agnostic, I guess?

That's not agnosticism or atheism. That's just indifference. A person that is theistically indifferent could believe in a god (deist), or could just be an indifferent agnostic or indifferent atheist. Your belief in God is seperate from your belief in him/her/it/them.

A-theist.

Without or lacking a God.

God does not factor into my worldview, there is no reason to entertain his possibility of existing, therefore I am an a-theist.

But I don't revolve my life around it.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    For the record, agnosticism is indifference with regards to God's existence.

Atheism is claiming that God does not exist.

If you are unsure, or indifferent on the basis that we can never prove his existence, you're an agnostic. If you believe there is no God, you're an atheist.

ege02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Jesus fucking christ.

The best course of action for _J_ now is to stop posting under his current account, leading everyone to believe they drove him to suicide, causing themselves to be plagued by guilt for the rest of their lives. Really though, no one wants _J_ to kill himself (no matter how annoying he is), and I don't think anyone has done anything that would increase the chance he would do so.

On a more light hearted note: I am very bored. Someone should make a religion thread so I can yell about a/theism and the ridiculous people who call themselves agnostic. Fun will be had by all (and by "all" I mean "me").

Man, I totally ought to construct a means by which everyone thinks they drove me to suicide. That would totally make my life better.

O_o

I think the "You haven't killed yourself so you do sort of like it here." argument is weird. I can see the reasons a person would make it but I don't think it pans out.

I dunno.

_J_ on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited November 2007
    Is Jewcar still around? Because I just watched Book 2 Chapter 19 of Avatar and the past few episodes have been goddamn fantastic. Political intrigue, amazing fight-scenes, eastern transcendentalism, flying bison -- this show has everything.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    These chat threads move entirely too quickly for my addled mind

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Everytime someone uses the Jewcar term I keep thinknig of a clown car gag except with jews

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.