As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Creative Assembly: Stick with the glitchy game!

Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
Well, Creative Assembly has taken the plunge and appearently have said no more patches to fix vast amount of glitches or bring MTW II to kingdom's standard will be done. Frankly This suprised me. I mean, MTW did get an upgrade when you applied Viking Invasion on it, but MTW II won't. Why do you make of this?

I find it disapointing. They release a game with glitches and then move on to the next one without fixing the major problems. Whats happening CA?

Edit:

Fixed the wrong name.

Katchem_ash on

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    you mean the Creative Assembly, you're thread isn't goin to go anywhere if you cant read the box or intro screens and get the developers name right.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That's what happens when you are published by Electronic Assembly

Edit: Shit beat'd

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    BoarBoar Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Except, of course, that they are now published by Sega. Hence the travesty that was "Barbarian Invasion"

Bring back Activision...

Boar on
  • Options
    LukinLukin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What the hell is MTW?

Not everybody out there plays every game on earth; it's beneficial for your reading audience if you spell out what game you're talking about the first time you mention it, and then abbreviate it each time thereafter.

Lukin on
    cancer.jpg
  • Options
    archonwarparchonwarp Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lukin wrote: »
    What the hell is MTW?

Not everybody out there plays every game on earth; it's beneficial for your reading audience if you spell out what game you're talking about the first time you mention it, and then abbreviate it each time thereafter.

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What the hell is MTW?

His targeted reading audience know exactly what he's on about. If you're curious, Google is always there! While a good first post is appreciated, it's not strictly necessary here because this news doesn't affect you.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's still dumb. Spell out the whole name of the game at least once before you switch to short forms.

And haven't all of their games been buggy as shit? This isn't a ton of surprise.

shryke on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    or somebody could explain that it's Medieval Total War and we could dispense with all this bullshit

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    MTW: Magic, The Warring

Nah, It's Medieval: Total War.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    As listen on the offical forms (http://www.totalwarforums.com/) with the user Caliban who does work with CA and worked on MTW:Kingdoms, did say that no work was going to be completed or patched. Now, I loved MTW and the Viking Invasion and loved the update they did to the orginal MTW.

But Kingdoms it doesn't fix anything except some glitch small time AI bug and doesn't include any of the new units avaliable in Kingdoms to MTW II. I find this totally wrong. I wonder how many bugs will ETW come with?

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey, their 1.2 patch refuses to work if you didn't install it in the default directory.

Or drive. It actually breaks the game if you had the gall to install it on, say, D drive instead of C.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    As listen on the offical forms (http://www.totalwarforums.com/) with the user Caliban who does work with CA and worked on MTW:Kingdoms, did say that no work was going to be completed or patched. Now, I loved MTW and the Viking Invasion and loved the update they did to the orginal MTW.

But Kingdoms it doesn't fix anything except some glitch small time AI bug and doesn't include any of the new units avaliable in Kingdoms to MTW II. I find this totally wrong. I wonder how many bugs will ETW come with?

Are you deliberately typing in Engrish, or did you have an aneurysm?

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Rohan wrote: »
    What the hell is MTW?

His targeted reading audience know exactly what he's on about. If you're curious, Google is always there! While a good first post is appreciated, it's not strictly necessary here because this news doesn't affect you.

God, get fucked. Googling acronyms because no one can be bothered to type out the game's title is retarded and expecting people to do so rather than just saying which fucking game you're talking about is asinine.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    or somebody could explain that it's Medieval Total War and we could dispense with all this bullshit

But that's 18 fucking key strokes! He could be there all day!

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Poorly informative OP. C-.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Vert1Vert1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    We should talk about game gltiches in general in this thread. Like how there's one glitch in RE4 (only encountered this once) where you start walking in that cavern w/Ashley and you go threw the ceiling. Or in Ikaruga where the screen starts spazzing colors (red and black iirc) and then sends you back to the title screen.

Vert1 on
    blood_berry_new.jpg
    Sleep wrote: »
    Vert1 wrote: »
    I'd like to ask everyone here one question. What is a game?

A lower form of sex.
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Vert Speaks good things.

Shadow of the Colossus glitch allowing you to climb the tower.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Vert1Vert1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    One time in RE4 Mercs the villagers all were running on an opened door (running but not moving forward) and would not stop till I shot one. I'm pretty pissed I didn't record this.

Vert1 on
    blood_berry_new.jpg
    Sleep wrote: »
    I'd like to ask everyone here one question. What is a game?

A lower form of sex.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    DrDizaster wrote: »
    What the hell is MTW?

God, get fucked. Googling acronyms because no one can be bothered to type out the game's title is retarded and expecting people to do so rather than just saying which fucking game you're talking about is asinine.

Hey. Hey. Calm down.

The Total War series has a huge following and consequently, the vast majority of people who post regularly in G&T know who the Creative Assembly are. And in a post about said developer, people who are interested in news about them will instantly know what MTW is. I've already said that a good first post with clearly-written information is always appreciated so that people won't be confused about what the OP is ranting/raving/moaning/bitching/jumping for joy about, and we can have a nice, civilised discussion (yeah, right).

The people who this post is relevant to, the people who will be affected by this, know immediately what the OP is on about. If you're curious about such information... is opening a new tab and typing three letters into Google too much effort for you?

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

• Options
    dugarreydugarrey Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think the current rumors state that there will be a patch. They just can't make any absolute offical data on whats in it.

dugarrey on
    Fill in the gaps
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If you're curious about such information... is opening a new tab and typing three letters into Google too much effort for you?

MTV.jpg

The last 3 hits were cut from the window, but one was another duplicate of the Yahoo Finance link, a book called Making Tex Work, and another thing about Montreal.

Try again?

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If you're curious about such information... is opening a new tab and typing three letters into Google too much effort for you?

MTV.jpg

The last 3 hits were cut from the window, but one was another duplicate of the Yahoo Finance link, a book called Making Tex Work, and another thing about Montreal.

Try again?

So I exaggerated a little. Sue me! :lol:

Rohan on

• Options
    falsedeffalsedef Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    MTW is like ETW, RTW, unlike GCDA, and not quite like HMM, MO, or IS. What we need is another SM game like AC or SMP.

falsedef on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2007
    We should talk about game gltiches in general in this thread.

No you shouldn't.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.