As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Newfangled Previews thread, beware here be spoilers.

• ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    SA wrote: »
    I feel like I am the only person ever who liked Deadly Genesis and Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire.

So I hope Brubaker keeps up the good work.

Hey you aren't alone. I was a fan of both and actually think that Darwin is pretty cool. Rise & Fall made me think Warpath was awesome.

ZombieAsuma on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I feel like I am the only person ever who liked Deadly Genesis and Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire.

Sup

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Nah, you're not alone. I enjoyed the hell out of them, but I think reading them in trade helped there.

I really liked that Uncanny preview, good stuff!

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    A look at the second issue of The Twelve, courtesy of CBR.
    TWELVE002_int-1.jpg
    TWELVE002_int-2.jpg
    TWELVE002_int-3.jpg
    TWELVE002_int-4.jpg
    TWELVE002_int-6.jpg
    TWELVE002_int-8.jpg
    TWELVE002_int-10.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I really like the Twelve so far, but I have a bad feeling it's gonna fizzle out quickly. Most likely the sales won't be there but even if they are I doubt it will keep the same "feel" and eventually plummit into Lameville, population: who cares their all lame.

Caveman Paws on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    I ... I just read the first issue and the narration here repeated verbatim every single phrase from the first issue.

It was like deja vu.

Squashua on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I like JMS and I liked the first issue, so I'm probably good for this series until the end. Also, I want Amadeus Cho to meet the original Mastermind Excello.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I hope Cho gets schooled.

As much as I love The Incredible Herc, I hate that little bastard.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
    edited February 2008
    Newsarama interviews Jason Aaron about Ghost Rider #20 and his plans for the book now that he's the ongoing writer. http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=145240

God damn Jason Aaron for making me add another book to my pull list.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Pages from the first post-MC issue of Uncanny X-Men have popped up at CBR.
    Pages-from-UNCX495_int-1.jpg
    Pages-from-UNCX495_int-2.jpg
    Pages-from-UNCX495_int-3.jpg
    Pages-from-UNCX495_int-4.jpg
    Pages-from-UNCX495_int-5.jpg
    Pages-from-UNCX495_int-6.jpg

Is this Ellis?

Sharp101 on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    that's brubaker. ellis is taking over astonishing after whedon leaves.

/edit: it also says the writer on the title page..

Angry on
    edited February 2008
    Dunno, but it's pretty.

Squashua on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Is this Ellis?

How DARE you!

That said, why are you not using my Iron Fist badge?

th_00618_ironfist_122_710lo.jpg

Crimsondude on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2008
    Squashua wrote: »
    Dunno, but it's pretty.

yeah, that's pretty good art all around

Garlic Bread on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is this Ellis?

How DARE you!

That said, why are you not using my Iron Fist badge?

th_00618_ironfist_122_710lo.jpg

Hey now! I'm LOVE ellis. And I knew he was doing either uncanny or astonishing, but I wasn't sure which. And thats why I asked. :P

Also, I AM using your iron fist badge. :D Remember I asked you if you minded if I modified it a bit? I just made it smaller (and changed the font)

Sharp101 on
    edited February 2008
    DnA talk Nova at CBR, and the interview includes some unlettered and uncolored pages from March's Nova #11: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12866

Of note: After Nova wraps up his dealings with Annihilation:Conquest, Galactus is going to show up in the title. Also, Guardians of the Galaxy will take place around Knowhere, which means we'll definitely be seeing Cosmo again!

wwtMask on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Shit, I need to read Annihilation. Why are the trades so damn expensive?

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited February 2008
    It's a large series (25 issues), and the Annihilation trades also include the Drax mini that sorta sets up where Drax is just before the beginning of Annihilation. Conquest is more or less the same, but with only 23 issues (probably 27 when you throw in the recent Nova issues that are indirectly related). To be honest, you should be reading Nova anyway because it's an awesome book.

wwtMask on
  • dcleedclee Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I would really like to see an Annihilation omnibus edition trade down the line. Would be awesome.

dclee on
    edited February 2008
    I think you'd be better off just getting the hardcovers or TPBs, because the likelihood of an omnibus for the series is pretty unlikely right now. The series wasn't really all that high selling until about the end, and it really was a slow burn in terms of popularity. I'm pretty sure the announcement of a sequel spurred sales of the trades as well.

wwtMask on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2008
    Garlic Bread on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Johns and Eaglesham are my heroes of the year.

<3JSofA<3

Someone needs to take a page or two out of this book to make their title just a bit more likeable.

Look..Starman is pretending to make out with someone. Ha!

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Batman Confidential looks pretty crazy. I'm way excited for Justice Society, though.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL #12

That preview? Dumbest. Thing. Ever.

"comic book science" and "suspension of disbelief" aside... come the fuck on. Seriously.

Caveman Paws on
    edited February 2008
    Also, I AM using your iron fist badge. :D Remember I asked you if you minded if I modified it a bit? I just made it smaller (and changed the font)

Oh, no. I forgot about that.

Carry on, citizen.

Crimsondude on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So apparently, the solution for Supergirl is to make everyone in her book even more unlikable and assholish than she is.

Fencingsax on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wow is it me or does the art in those scans look bad, for like everything. Anyway can't wait for JSA and I'm willing to give the Supergirl book another chance. (I enjoyed 25)

smokmnky on
    edited February 2008
    A 4 page, unlettered preview of Young Avengers Presents #2: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=145635

This series makes me wonder why they don't just tell Heinberg to go fuck himself and actually put someone on a new YA ongoing.

wwtMask on
    edited February 2008
    Because everyone who should take over is busy on getting their other projects out on time, or in the case of a few seem to have problems getting their own books out on time.

I mean, I'd love to see it written by, oh... Brubaker, Fraction, Bendis, Carey, Whedon, JMS, Slott, David, pretty much anyone who writes any of the books I read. But it just ain't going to happen.

Crimsondude on
    edited February 2008
    Who's on the short list for making a YA book that'd actually be good? I'll avoid the obviously busy guys.

Brian Reed
    Matt Fraction
    Chris Yost and Craig Kyle
    Jeff Parker
    Fred Van Lente
    Christos Gage
    Dwayne McDuffie

And the sad thing is that more than half of the people on the list are actually still pretty busy creators. Jeff Parker's about the only guy up there I could honestly say wouldn't be hurting by adding another book to his workload.

wwtMask on
    edited February 2008
    McDuffie is supposedly extremely unhappy with the editorial interference involved with writing JLA right now

so I say leave and do a YA ongoing instead!

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    McDuffie is supposedly extremely unhappy with the editorial interference involved with writing JLA right now

so I say leave and do a YA ongoing instead!

The book just needs to settle down and get a new artist. The latter doesn't seem like it will happen, but at least come April things look to be moving ahead in the right direction.

Plus, Zatanna and that "other" Dr. Light are supposed to be joining soon.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited February 2008
    I'd love to see McDuffie on YA.

wwtMask on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Here's a thing
    2244628231e510fa5422ogt7.jpg

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
    edited February 2008
    Ellis probably had about 19 different names for that series but all the URLs were taken.

Squashua on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    For those interested in how things kick off in the DC Vs Wildstorm series, Dreamwar...
    Dreamwar01_06.jpg
    Dreamwar01_07.jpg
    Dreamwar01_08.jpg
    Dreamwar01_10.jpg
    Dreamwar01_11.jpg

Owenashi on
    edited February 2008
    Good move Robin "Let's beat the shit out of that guy who looks surprisingly like Superman" the Boy Wonder.

Good move.

Squashua on
    edited February 2008
    I normally don't dig on Ellis but I may give that a shot

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2008
    Here's a thing
    2244628231e510fa5422ogt7.jpg

Sounds similar to Umbrella Academy, at least the part about the kids being born on the same day.

wwtMask on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Here's a thing
    snip

Sounds similar to Umbrella Academy, at least the part about the kids being born on the same day.

That's the first thing I thought. Kids born on the same day + end of the world? Very similar. I'll probably check it out though.

Vann Diras on
This discussion has been closed.