Options

Resetting my sleep schedule tonight

245

Posts

  • Options
    powersspowerss Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Butters wrote: »
    powerss wrote: »
    As an aside - my insurance is $400 - Monthly.

    You spend almost 5g a year in car insurance? What the fuck do you drive, a Ferrari?! What's your deductible, a dollar?

    $500 deductable.

    20 years old, 2 tickets (illegal U-Turn, speeding) - and accident (rear-ended, not at fault)

    I drive an Audi.

    powerss on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    shit, if I got insurance I'd pay nearly six grand with a clean record

    hooray new york

    Faricazy on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Haha I love it when idiots like redfenix try to argue why it was supposedly stupid that they got the ticket. I was hurrying home to pick up my stepdaughter, the conditions were good, I had to bury the dead hooker.

    You were speeding and you got caught. Drive slower or stop fucking bitching faggot.


    It always amuses me when they go, "But I can handle the car at that speed, and all the evidence that a car is not safe in that situation at that speed is wrong" "My reactions and driving ability are better than everyone elses"

    You're a retard, and deserve to crash and die, because you're a danger to others.

    No, I'm not like the fucking prick who was telling me around drag racing a vette in his bmw, and got up to 156mph, but that wasn't much because he got it up to 198mph.

    And no, i'm not a superhuman driver. Seriously, if you can't keep a car going in a straight line, going 75mph, what the hell? Im pretty sure the roads I've driven on the way to California had up to 80 speed limits.

    So, everyone that drives that speed limit there is a retard? Fuck you, that makes no sense.

    redfenix on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    before my dui my insurance was 650 or so a month.

    1 ticket 1 accident

    21 years old

    2005 infiniti.

    full coverage and a 1500 deductible.

    Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    redfenix wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Haha I love it when idiots like redfenix try to argue why it was supposedly stupid that they got the ticket. I was hurrying home to pick up my stepdaughter, the conditions were good, I had to bury the dead hooker.

    You were speeding and you got caught. Drive slower or stop fucking bitching faggot.

    Look, self-righteous prick, if traffic laws were even remotely equitable, then I would have some understanding. As it is, it's a revenue stream for local municipalities. It's bullshit. Not that mine happened there, but living close, I know that many tiny municipalities in St. Louis that receive 49.9% of their total revenue from tickets. Why? Because getting more is illegal. Tell me how an incentive like that isn't misapplied.

    And no, I didn't know the speed trap shit because I was out of state for a regional conference in Indiana.

    So you're complaining that they over enforce the law? Do you realise that over enforcement of laws only affects people who break them?

    Tube on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    we need more fun and twisty roads

    fuck this straightline highway bullshit

    Faricazy on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    well then the only way to go is gun it

    300px-Cannonball.jpg

    Sil: 65 isn't hard to handle what are you talking about



    Is it harder to handle than the limit?

    Are you more or less dangerous above the limit?

    What the damn hell gives anyone the right to say that the laws that are there for yours and everyone elses safety don't apply to them? Do you think they just put arbitrary numbers there so people's journeys take longer?


    You break the limit, you endanger others, and as such you lose the right to bitch about it.

    Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Goddammit download the Orange Box faster steam!

    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Freeways in CA are all pretty much 65 some are 70 though down south.

    Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I got a Thanksgiving card from my insurance angent.

    I didn't know that anyone ever sent thanksgiving cards.

    And I was up when you posted this, I just wasn't paying attention.

    Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Jesus Christ! You guys pay almost what I do for 6 months coverage and I'm not even 25 yet! Man, the west coast sucks!

    Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dru, hi fucking 5.

    Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »
    well then the only way to go is gun it

    300px-Cannonball.jpg

    Sil: 65 isn't hard to handle what are you talking about



    Is it harder to handle than the limit?

    Are you more or less dangerous above the limit?

    What the damn hell gives anyone the right to say that the laws that are there for yours and everyone elses safety don't apply to them? Do you think they just put arbitrary numbers there so people's journeys take longer?


    You break the limit, you endanger others, and as such you lose the right to bitch about it.
    65 is a common limit and everyone ought to be able to handle their car at this speed.

    Faricazy on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey Social Entropy++, I wrecked my car on the autobahn last Saturday because of heavy rain and aquaplaning. I was doing about ~60 mph on a straight, four-lane autobahn and completely lost control of the car and wrecked it.

    As I had a suspended licence about a year ago, I'm still on a sort of probation where the limits to which I can fuck up without getting suspended are lower.

    I'll probably get another suspension for six months because of that but hey, I don't have a car anymore so fuck me...

    Iskander on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If you cannot handle a normal car going 65 MPH, you have problems.

    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    I mean, if you know what the law is, even if you disagree with it you're pretty stupid for blatantly breaking it. I don't agree with how marijuana is treated in this country but that doesn't mean I'm going to be stupid and start a growing/selling operation just to make a fucking point. You know the law so obey it or take it like a man when you're caught. The real reason your wife's bitching at you is because she realizes you're a stupid cunt that can't man up and just admit he fucked up.

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    65 is a common limit and everyone ought to be able to handle their car at this speed.

    Yes, on roads with 65 limits.

    Tube on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Iskander wrote: »
    Hey Social Entropy++, I wrecked my car on the autobahn last Saturday because of heavy rain and aquaplaning. I was doing about ~60 mph on a straight, four-lane autobahn and completely lost control of the car and wrecked it.

    As I had a suspended licence about a year ago, I'm still on a sort of probation where the limits to which I can fuck up without getting suspended are lower.

    I'll probably get another suspension for six months because of that but hey, I don't have a car anymore so fuck me...

    I get my license back april 23rd 2008.

    We're in a similar boat, sorta.

    Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Iskander wrote: »
    Hey Social Entropy++, I wrecked my car on the autobahn last Saturday because of heavy rain and aquaplaning. I was doing about ~60 mph on a straight, four-lane autobahn and completely lost control of the car and wrecked it.

    As I had a suspended licence about a year ago, I'm still on a sort of probation where the limits to which I can fuck up without getting suspended are lower.

    I'll probably get another suspension for six months because of that but hey, I don't have a car anymore so fuck me...
    That sucks. What tires did you have?

    Faricazy on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If you cannot handle a normal car going 65 MPH, you have problems.



    At faster speeds, your reaction time means you travel much further before you take action. It has fuck all to do with being able to handle a car at whatever speed.

    Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    redfenix wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Haha I love it when idiots like redfenix try to argue why it was supposedly stupid that they got the ticket. I was hurrying home to pick up my stepdaughter, the conditions were good, I had to bury the dead hooker.

    You were speeding and you got caught. Drive slower or stop fucking bitching faggot.

    Look, self-righteous prick, if traffic laws were even remotely equitable, then I would have some understanding. As it is, it's a revenue stream for local municipalities. It's bullshit. Not that mine happened there, but living close, I know that many tiny municipalities in St. Louis that receive 49.9% of their total revenue from tickets. Why? Because getting more is illegal. Tell me how an incentive like that isn't misapplied.

    And no, I didn't know the speed trap shit because I was out of state for a regional conference in Indiana.

    So you're complaining that they over enforce the law? Do you realise that over enforcement of laws only affects people who break them?

    No, I'm saying that unequal enforcement is crap. The stereotype of the hot blonde getting away with no ticket, and a million other reasons that let inept, drunk or otherwise bad drivers have no repercussions go on about their day. Meanwhile, I had a coworker that got two tickets in a week for going four over.

    What that hell is that? Fundraising.

    redfenix on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    65 is a common limit and everyone ought to be able to handle their car at this speed.

    Yes, on roads with 65 limits.
    Sometimes the limits are obviously underreaching. A more or less straight road with new pavement and 50 yards of grass runoff on each side (so it's not like animals can jump out) with a limit of 55? Ugh.

    Faricazy on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    it's hilarious that people think they can handle 65 miles an hour in slow zones. Glad my kids aren't at school near you is all I can say.

    Tube on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    redfenix wrote: »
    redfenix wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Haha I love it when idiots like redfenix try to argue why it was supposedly stupid that they got the ticket. I was hurrying home to pick up my stepdaughter, the conditions were good, I had to bury the dead hooker.

    You were speeding and you got caught. Drive slower or stop fucking bitching faggot.

    Look, self-righteous prick, if traffic laws were even remotely equitable, then I would have some understanding. As it is, it's a revenue stream for local municipalities. It's bullshit. Not that mine happened there, but living close, I know that many tiny municipalities in St. Louis that receive 49.9% of their total revenue from tickets. Why? Because getting more is illegal. Tell me how an incentive like that isn't misapplied.

    And no, I didn't know the speed trap shit because I was out of state for a regional conference in Indiana.

    So you're complaining that they over enforce the law? Do you realise that over enforcement of laws only affects people who break them?

    No, I'm saying that unequal enforcement is crap. The stereotype of the hot blonde getting away with no ticket, and a million other reasons that let inept, drunk or otherwise bad drivers have no repercussions go on about their day. Meanwhile, I had a coworker that got two tickets in a week for going four over.

    What that hell is that? Fundraising.
    Lar edit:
    Post Script: Life is Unfair

    You know when a bunch of people are making crappy threads so you make one too and yours is the first to get locked, perhaps even the only one?
    Ha ha, you lose.

    Tube on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »
    If you cannot handle a normal car going 65 MPH, you have problems.



    At faster speeds, your reaction time means you travel much further before you take action. It has fuck all to do with being able to handle a car at whatever speed.
    No shit. What's your point? Should we all be going twenty everywhere?

    Faricazy on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think I will try resetting my sleep schedule today as well. I'll go get a four pack of Monster Energy drinks and just, you know, try not to go insane.

    Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    deathrace2000.jpg

    DrZiplock on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Iskander wrote: »
    Hey Social Entropy++, I wrecked my car on the autobahn last Saturday because of heavy rain and aquaplaning. I was doing about ~60 mph on a straight, four-lane autobahn and completely lost control of the car and wrecked it.

    As I had a suspended licence about a year ago, I'm still on a sort of probation where the limits to which I can fuck up without getting suspended are lower.

    I'll probably get another suspension for six months because of that but hey, I don't have a car anymore so fuck me...
    That sucks. What tires did you have?

    I still had summer tyres on. I was going to put the winter tyres on the next fucking day as they were at my parents' house and I was going there anyway...

    Either way, I don't think winter tyres would've done much good in that situation. I should've gone slower in that weather, and I already was doing "only" 60 as my usual speed on a dry autobahn is closer to 100.

    But eh, hindsight and all that...

    Iskander on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    it's hilarious that people think they can handle 65 miles an hour in slow zones. Glad my kids aren't at school near you is all I can say.
    I'm imagining a telethon to raise money for Tube's kids with frequent cutaways to show weepy but inspiring footage of brave little children in crutches.

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    I mean, if you know what the law is, even if you disagree with it you're pretty stupid for blatantly breaking it. I don't agree with how marijuana is treated in this country but that doesn't mean I'm going to be stupid and start a growing/selling operation just to make a fucking point. You know the law so obey it or take it like a man when you're caught. The real reason your wife's bitching at you is because she realizes you're a stupid cunt that can't man up and just admit he fucked up.

    I was with him until the driving with a suspended license part. Getting caught in a speed trap in unfamiliar territory when you aren't going all that fast is just unlucky. But the whole "I was being safe and driving my stepdaughter" thing is dumb. That might actually get you out of a ticket with a nice cop, but not when you aren't supposed to be on the road in the first place.

    Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Iskander wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Iskander wrote: »
    Hey Social Entropy++, I wrecked my car on the autobahn last Saturday because of heavy rain and aquaplaning. I was doing about ~60 mph on a straight, four-lane autobahn and completely lost control of the car and wrecked it.

    As I had a suspended licence about a year ago, I'm still on a sort of probation where the limits to which I can fuck up without getting suspended are lower.

    I'll probably get another suspension for six months because of that but hey, I don't have a car anymore so fuck me...
    That sucks. What tires did you have?

    I still had summer tyres on. I was going to put the winter tyres on the next fucking day as they were at my parents' house and I was going there anyway...

    Either way, I don't think winter tyres would've done much good in that situation. I should've gone slower in that weather, and I already was doing "only" 60 as my usual speed on a dry autobahn is closer to 100.

    But eh, hindsight and all that...
    I meant more width/make of tire.

    Faricazy on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    deathrace2000.jpg
    YES

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Silmaril wrote: »
    If you cannot handle a normal car going 65 MPH, you have problems.



    At faster speeds, your reaction time means you travel much further before you take action. It has fuck all to do with being able to handle a car at whatever speed.
    No shit. What's your point? Should we all be going twenty everywhere?


    No, but maybe, just maybe, there were concerns, such as a junction, or traffic lights, or a place likely pedestrians might cross, or a fucking billion and one reasons the council or whoever is in charge might think saving those extra reaction yards is important.

    Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    I mean, if you know what the law is, even if you disagree with it you're pretty stupid for blatantly breaking it. I don't agree with how marijuana is treated in this country but that doesn't mean I'm going to be stupid and start a growing/selling operation just to make a fucking point. You know the law so obey it or take it like a man when you're caught. The real reason your wife's bitching at you is because she realizes you're a stupid cunt that can't man up and just admit he fucked up.

    No, the reason that it pisses me off is that I wanted to 'duck out' of any more driving until I was legal again, so I wouldn't have any more shit happen, but because of the precariousness of our financial situation, she took to working a few more hours a week instead of driving me to work (which is in town, no more than a couple miles away from both our home and her work).

    Since I let her insist that I take the girls back and forth to school, etc, that opened me up to more crap.

    And for the record, since the suspension and the 'necessary' driving, all I've done is go straight to work/school, or getting the girls from school. No frivolous trips to anywhere, really.

    O, and she would have me drive if we were going to St. Louis, because I have way more knowledge of the roads there than she does.

    Then, after all that, she gives me shit like it's all my fault I got caught driving while suspended.

    redfenix on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Silmaril wrote: »
    If you cannot handle a normal car going 65 MPH, you have problems.



    At faster speeds, your reaction time means you travel much further before you take action. It has fuck all to do with being able to handle a car at whatever speed.
    No shit. What's your point? Should we all be going twenty everywhere?


    No, but maybe, just maybe, there were concerns, such as a junction, or traffic lights, or a place likely pedestrians might cross, or a fucking billion and one reasons the council or whoever is in charge might think saving those extra reaction yards is important.
    No shit sil.

    We're all pretty much talking about highways. Nobody is doing 70 through driveways.

    Faricazy on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Butters wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    I mean, if you know what the law is, even if you disagree with it you're pretty stupid for blatantly breaking it. I don't agree with how marijuana is treated in this country but that doesn't mean I'm going to be stupid and start a growing/selling operation just to make a fucking point. You know the law so obey it or take it like a man when you're caught. The real reason your wife's bitching at you is because she realizes you're a stupid cunt that can't man up and just admit he fucked up.

    I was with him until the driving with a suspended license part. Getting caught in a speed trap in unfamiliar territory when you aren't going all that fast is just unlucky. But the whole "I was being safe and driving my stepdaughter" thing is dumb. That might actually get you out of a ticket with a nice cop, but not when you aren't supposed to be on the road in the first place.
    Yeah, I mean anybody can be unlucky and get a ticket for barely speeding once in a while I realize that and it's happened to me. But if you've got a fucking suspended license then you have no fucking excuse for not being extremely careful not to speed at all precisely because of the potential repercussions, fair or not.

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Iskander wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Iskander wrote: »
    Hey Social Entropy++, I wrecked my car on the autobahn last Saturday because of heavy rain and aquaplaning. I was doing about ~60 mph on a straight, four-lane autobahn and completely lost control of the car and wrecked it.

    As I had a suspended licence about a year ago, I'm still on a sort of probation where the limits to which I can fuck up without getting suspended are lower.

    I'll probably get another suspension for six months because of that but hey, I don't have a car anymore so fuck me...
    That sucks. What tires did you have?

    I still had summer tyres on. I was going to put the winter tyres on the next fucking day as they were at my parents' house and I was going there anyway...

    Either way, I don't think winter tyres would've done much good in that situation. I should've gone slower in that weather, and I already was doing "only" 60 as my usual speed on a dry autobahn is closer to 100.

    But eh, hindsight and all that...
    I meant more width/make of tire.

    Oh, right. They were 195/65 of whatever the fuck that means, from Goodyear.

    Iskander on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It is your fault you got caught driving while suspended.

    Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    redfenix wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    I mean, if you know what the law is, even if you disagree with it you're pretty stupid for blatantly breaking it. I don't agree with how marijuana is treated in this country but that doesn't mean I'm going to be stupid and start a growing/selling operation just to make a fucking point. You know the law so obey it or take it like a man when you're caught. The real reason your wife's bitching at you is because she realizes you're a stupid cunt that can't man up and just admit he fucked up.

    No, the reason that it pisses me off is that I wanted to 'duck out' of any more driving until I was legal again, so I wouldn't have any more shit happen, but because of the precariousness of our financial situation, she took to working a few more hours a week instead of driving me to work (which is in town, no more than a couple miles away from both our home and her work).

    Since I let her insist that I take the girls back and forth to school, etc, that opened me up to more crap.

    And for the record, since the suspension and the 'necessary' driving, all I've done is go straight to work/school, or getting the girls from school. No frivolous trips to anywhere, really.

    O, and she would have me drive if we were going to St. Louis, because I have way more knowledge of the roads there than she does.

    Then, after all that, she gives me shit like it's all my fault I got caught driving while suspended.
    To be fair you're an idiot for not drawing a line in the sand.

    Faricazy on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    deathrace2000.jpg
    YES

    "You know Myra, some people might think you're cute. But me, I think you're one very large baked potato."


    Go rent this movie, people.

    DrZiplock on
Sign In or Register to comment.