Options

Resetting my sleep schedule tonight

• Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    I mean, if you know what the law is, even if you disagree with it you're pretty stupid for blatantly breaking it. I don't agree with how marijuana is treated in this country but that doesn't mean I'm going to be stupid and start a growing/selling operation just to make a fucking point. You know the law so obey it or take it like a man when you're caught. The real reason your wife's bitching at you is because she realizes you're a stupid cunt that can't man up and just admit he fucked up.

I was with him until the driving with a suspended license part. Getting caught in a speed trap in unfamiliar territory when you aren't going all that fast is just unlucky. But the whole "I was being safe and driving my stepdaughter" thing is dumb. That might actually get you out of a ticket with a nice cop, but not when you aren't supposed to be on the road in the first place.
    Yeah, I mean anybody can be unlucky and get a ticket for barely speeding once in a while I realize that and it's happened to me. But if you've got a fucking suspended license then you have no fucking excuse for not being extremely careful not to speed at all precisely because of the potential repercussions, fair or not.

I agree. That's why I've been driving like a saint for months, and stressed out every time I got behind the wheel. If the speed limit is 25, I'm going fucking 25. It still didn't matter.

redfenix on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    redfenix wrote: »
    I mean, if you know what the law is, even if you disagree with it you're pretty stupid for blatantly breaking it. I don't agree with how marijuana is treated in this country but that doesn't mean I'm going to be stupid and start a growing/selling operation just to make a fucking point. You know the law so obey it or take it like a man when you're caught. The real reason your wife's bitching at you is because she realizes you're a stupid cunt that can't man up and just admit he fucked up.

No, the reason that it pisses me off is that I wanted to 'duck out' of any more driving until I was legal again, so I wouldn't have any more shit happen, but because of the precariousness of our financial situation, she took to working a few more hours a week instead of driving me to work (which is in town, no more than a couple miles away from both our home and her work).

Since I let her insist that I take the girls back and forth to school, etc, that opened me up to more crap.

And for the record, since the suspension and the 'necessary' driving, all I've done is go straight to work/school, or getting the girls from school. No frivolous trips to anywhere, really.

O, and she would have me drive if we were going to St. Louis, because I have way more knowledge of the roads there than she does.

Then, after all that, she gives me shit like it's all my fault I got caught driving while suspended.
    Ok, I'll grant that she's being an unreasonable bitch about this since it was her idea but do not give in to her on this. It's not worth getting caught.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    Then, after all that, she gives me shit like it's all my fault I got caught driving while suspended.

IT IS YOUR FAULT

Tube on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I was with him until the driving with a suspended license part. Getting caught in a speed trap in unfamiliar territory when you aren't going all that fast is just unlucky. But the whole "I was being safe and driving my stepdaughter" thing is dumb. That might actually get you out of a ticket with a nice cop, but not when you aren't supposed to be on the road in the first place.
    Yeah, I mean anybody can be unlucky and get a ticket for barely speeding once in a while I realize that and it's happened to me. But if you've got a fucking suspended license then you have no fucking excuse for not being extremely careful not to speed at all precisely because of the potential repercussions, fair or not.

Dude I don't think you have to even get caught doing anything when your license is suspended. If there are restrictions related to the plate number I am pretty sure a cop can legally pull your ass over and check who's behind the wheel.

I might be wrong though.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You probably shouldn't have done that.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

IT IS YOUR FAULT

no no you see it was the cops fault that he got caught for speeding because if the cop was not doing his job and- oh god i cannot keep this up.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »

No, the reason that it pisses me off is that I wanted to 'duck out' of any more driving until I was legal again, so I wouldn't have any more shit happen, but because of the precariousness of our financial situation, she took to working a few more hours a week instead of driving me to work (which is in town, no more than a couple miles away from both our home and her work).

Since I let her insist that I take the girls back and forth to school, etc, that opened me up to more crap.

And for the record, since the suspension and the 'necessary' driving, all I've done is go straight to work/school, or getting the girls from school. No frivolous trips to anywhere, really.

O, and she would have me drive if we were going to St. Louis, because I have way more knowledge of the roads there than she does.

To be fair you're an idiot for not drawing a line in the sand.

Seriously, you don't have to do shit just because your wife tells you to. And if she's as much of an ignorant cunt as you make her out to be, maybe you should take charge of your own driving licence situation instead of her.

Iskander on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    I drove without my license one time.

My mother got mugged and was at the local train station all upset and shit so I went to go and pick her up. Like 50 yards out of the door I get a WOOOOOO WOOOOOO WOOOOO and see blue lights. Shit. Pull over. Knock on the window "good evening sir I need to see some identification.

Think fast

"uh... you don't need to see my identification" *waves hand*

long, long pause

"I don't need to see your identification."

Walks off looking dazed and drives away.

Tube on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    No, I'm saying that unequal enforcement is crap. The stereotype of the hot blonde getting away with no ticket, and a million other reasons that let inept, drunk or otherwise bad drivers have no repercussions go on about their day. Meanwhile, I had a coworker that got two tickets in a week for going four over.

What that hell is that? Fundraising.

Well

Yeah

Given a choice between bringing in revenue and making your quota and doing something potentially dangerous I'd catch people for rolling violations too.

I am fortunate that it is easy for me to go the speed limit because my car is not very fast. If my motor suddenly gets louder chances are I need to slow down.

I like my car.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I know I shouldn't have.

It is my direct fault that I got pulled over Tube, shit. I get that.

But, due to duress and extreme pressure that only a spouse can induce, I was put in a compromised situation where I was open to the occurrence.

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    deathrace2000.jpg
    YES

"You know Myra, some people might think you're cute. But me, I think you're one very large baked potato."

Go rent this movie, people.
    Death_Race_2000-frank.gif

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh cool a discussion on roads and driving.

I live in Olympia. It is one of the wettest cities in Washington. Its somewhere on the list for the whole United States. For Christ's sake we have a rain forest on the peninsula.

So I am no stranger to wet driving conditions. Nor am I to getting into traffic mishaps. I just got rear-ended the other day, and I am going to see a doctor today or tomorrow about my back. Every Goddamn day I see stupid traffic mishaps or near misses. I almost got killed more than 2 times driving in this year alone. And I am not using "almost got killed" lightly. One time, I hydro-played while passing a semi truck and nearly careened into his trailer while the freeway gently curved left. I'd have been smashed to shit. The other time was when some dick toting motherfucker in a bronco passed me on my blind side on a single lane on-ramp. Thats pretty much the most reckless thing you can do on a road besides driving in the wrong Goddamn direction. If I had begun turning left to merge two seconds before we'd have struck each other. The bronco would have gone off the ramp and into a forested embankment and I'd have probably slapped headlong into a concrete divider at around 45mph. Seeing that motherfucker getting pulled over a few miles down the freeway was the most rewarding fucking experience to date.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Dude I don't think you have to even get caught doing anything when your license is suspended. If there are restrictions related to the plate number I am pretty sure a cop can legally pull your ass over and check who's behind the wheel.

I might be wrong though.
    Yeah, you're right. If you're suspended it means you're not supposed to drive at all and if they check your plates and see that you're suspended they can pull you over and I think even arrest you and impound your car, though that may vary by state.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Four over? Twice? Bullshit. Most counties have five and over guidelines. Your coworker was being a giant idiot and doesn't want to admit it.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Guys if my licence won't get suspended after Saturday's accident this will be my new car:
    Alfa147GTA_12_lg.jpg

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Four over? Twice? Bullshit. Most counties have five and over guidelines. Your coworker was being a giant idiot and doesn't want to admit it.

You haven't seen the tiny municipalities in St. Louis, and their asinine antics. This is the same place that had an officer shoot at someone like seven times directly in front of a elementary school, and missed every time.

redfenix on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I hate you.

I wish Alfas would come to the states already.

And I had money to buy one.

They're probably coming in 2009.

One of my dream cars is a 164S.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, you're right. If you're suspended it means you're not supposed to drive at all and if they check your plates and see that you're suspended they can pull you over and I think even arrest you and impound your car, though that may vary by state.

I think that's what happened this time, because they followed me for a good couple of minutes before they turned on the lights.

redfenix on
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'll admit there are bullshit tickets, like this one:

Speed drops to 35 mph from 55.
    You see the sign slow down and are at 40mph as you pass the sign and are 35mph a dozen yards past it.

Cop pulls you over gives you a ticket for 55mph in a 35mph zone.

When you ask about the speed he gave you, he says, "Look at the sign it says village speed limit. The village begins at the 'Welcome to shit village, NY' thats 200 feet in front of the speed limit sign."

See that would be a BS ticket.
    Not I was speeding and they clocked me those fuckers.

Also holy fuck you guys and insurance, my wife and I pay ~$600 biannually. Who do you get insurance from?

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    As an FYI of missouri antics: check the articles in Doc's sig:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/member.php?u=120

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I think that's what happened this time, because they followed me for a good couple of minutes before they turned on the lights.

And you're still bitching? You didn't know this could happen?
    Theidar wrote: »
    Also holy fuck you guys and insurance, my wife and I pay ~$600 biannually. Who do you get insurance from?

Seriously, you can lease a Cadillac for the prices they are talking. I don't even think my State Farm agent would approve coverage for prices that high. He just tell me to take the bus.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Cops, like every other group of people, have plenty of jerks in their ranks.

It is not right but it is true.

It sucks you got busted a lot though.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    And you're still bitching? You didn't know this could happen.

I had been driving in a way, for several months, that would give them no reason to look my way. I just got unlucky, big time.

redfenix on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I had been driving in a way, for several months, that would give them no reason to look my way. I just got unlucky, big time.

No you broke the law and got caught. You did not get unlucky.

The only sad bit, if there is one, is that you got away with it for several months.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Butters wrote:
    And you're still bitching? You didn't know this could happen?
    Theidar wrote: »

Seriously, you can lease a Cadillac for the prices they are talking. I don't even think my State Farm agent would approve coverage for prices that high. He just tell me to take the bus.

I mean I could see that price if you have a dozen DUI's or are insuring a helicopter. So whose been holding out about owning a helicopter?

Theidar on
    Facebook
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    edited November 2007

But his point is that the mere fact that you were driving with a suspended license means you were breaking the law and they could pull you over at any time simply for driving. Be glad you weren't in an accident while suspended or they'd really fuck you over, even if it wasn't your fault.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    powersspowerss Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Iskander wrote: »
    Hey Social Entropy++, I wrecked my car on the autobahn last Saturday because of heavy rain and aquaplaning. I was doing about ~60 mph on a straight, four-lane autobahn and completely lost control of the car and wrecked it.

As I had a suspended licence about a year ago, I'm still on a sort of probation where the limits to which I can fuck up without getting suspended are lower.

I'll probably get another suspension for six months because of that but hey, I don't have a car anymore so fuck me...
    That sucks. What tires did you have?

I still had summer tyres on. I was going to put the winter tyres on the next fucking day as they were at my parents' house and I was going there anyway...

Either way, I don't think winter tyres would've done much good in that situation. I should've gone slower in that weather, and I already was doing "only" 60 as my usual speed on a dry autobahn is closer to 100.

But eh, hindsight and all that...

Shoulda had a car with ESP.

powerss on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Does the term "inherent risk" mean anything to you? Seriously, dude, you were playing with fire and you have no right to be pissed that you got burned no matter how "careful" you were. A judge fucking told you you can't drive period and you drove anyway.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    so, the traffic class I took, that I was told would un-fuck my license, and the appeal process via a sec of state hearing officer, for a temp license, neither of which helped, because the longer I'm screwed, the more money IL makes off of me.

I tried all legal and reasonable options for resolving this situation. I am trying to do the right thing here. I'm not fucking driving around while drinking, or drunk or whatever, I'm driving in town, obeying every and all fucking traffic laws, to ferry those who need ferrying.

Dang, I'm a horrible person.

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    That's Electronic Stabilization Program, not Extra Sensory Perception, BTW.

powerss on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    so, the traffic class I took, that I was told would un-fuck my license, and the appeal process via a sec of state hearing officer, for a temp license, neither of which helped, because the longer I'm screwed, the more money IL makes off of me.

I tried all legal and reasonable options for resolving this situation. I am trying to do the right thing here. I'm not fucking driving around while drinking, or drunk or whatever, I'm driving in town, obeying every and all fucking traffic laws, to ferry those who need ferrying.

Except that you weren't obeying all traffic laws due to the simple fact that you were driving with a suspended license.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

YOU ARE DRIVING WHILST SUSPENDED.

It doesn't get more open and shut than that. There is no grey area here.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Except that you weren't obeying all traffic laws due to the simple fact that you were driving with a suspended license.

well, that.

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    powerss wrote: »
    Hey Social Entropy++, I wrecked my car on the autobahn last Saturday because of heavy rain and aquaplaning. I was doing about ~60 mph on a straight, four-lane autobahn and completely lost control of the car and wrecked it.

As I had a suspended licence about a year ago, I'm still on a sort of probation where the limits to which I can fuck up without getting suspended are lower.

I'll probably get another suspension for six months because of that but hey, I don't have a car anymore so fuck me...
    That sucks. What tires did you have?

I still had summer tyres on. I was going to put the winter tyres on the next fucking day as they were at my parents' house and I was going there anyway...

Either way, I don't think winter tyres would've done much good in that situation. I should've gone slower in that weather, and I already was doing "only" 60 as my usual speed on a dry autobahn is closer to 100.

But eh, hindsight and all that...

Shoulda had a car with ESP.

Mine had ESP and that's what kept my car from rolling over like mad. That car was fucking safe and saved mine and my buddy's life.

ESP stabilises your car in curves, when drifting sideways and other such things. It doesn't prevent you from losing control due to aquaplaning.

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The gray area is the needs that have to be accomdated for my family.

And no, they can't take the bus, the younger one particularly. She goes to a Montessori school, which = no bus.

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Guys I was on parole for being a sex offender and was told that I couldn't go within a mile of any public schools and I was being careful not to break any laws but they still busted me just because I was sitting across from a grade school watching the kids leave school. wtf?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You can stop saying that the moral is if you lose your license DON'T FUCKING DRIVE.
    No qualifiers or contingencies, let you get around that fact.

You weren't racing to hospital to save a life, which almost be acceptable.(HINT IN THAT SITUATION CALL EMS.)

Theidar on
    Facebook
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh my god. Who'd have thought a powerss thread could regress to something even more stupid?

Butters on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    This is the funny thing - I sympathize.

If my license got suspended, my life would end. Seriously.

There is no public transportation from where I live to where I work and where I go to school.

Well, there is but it would be 6 buses. For four 4 hours. To go 20 miles.

So if my license was suspended? Pfft. Drive girlfriend's car. Steal someone elses plates. Put fake plates on my car. Drive without plates on a late-model car (and put dealer-filler-plates in).

And drive like a fucking SAINT.

powerss on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Guys I was on parole for being a sex offender and was told that I couldn't go within a mile of any public schools and I was being careful not to break any laws but they still busted me just because I was sitting across from a grade school watching the kids leave school. wtf?

itt hyperbole.

what part of that was a general societal and practical necessity (getting to and from places) as was what I was doing?

redfenix on