Options

Resetting my sleep schedule tonight

1235»

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I never much cared for private schools.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    powersspowerss Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    powerss wrote: »
    I will attest that Larry and Sergey are douchebag antisocial retards.

(seriously, I've met them)

To clarify - they're obviously not retarded.

But a good family friend is VP of International Development at Google, and goddamn those two douchenozzels can't carry a fucking conversation

seriously they're like homeschooled kids

powerss on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If you have a dumb kid and send it to private school hoping for improvement, it will just be a dumb kid at a private school.

Iskander on
  • Options
    powersspowerss Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    besides which, you just posted your own rebuttal. P Diddy? The young royals? A tv chef?

The best they can come up with is a spoiled prince whose stunning intellect led him to believe that it would be a bit of a laugh to wear a nazi uniform to a fancy dress party and a little Jewish girl who couldn't even play Hide and Seek?

CT, you're fucking amazing

this guy has been torn down this entire thread

now I feel bad

powerss on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    Good on the guy for spending extra time and money on his kid's education, I'm just saying it's not really necessary.

Tube on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm not saying it's necessary, it wasn't even my idea; these are my stepdaughters, so I kinda just go with the flow on plenty of it. With that said, the caliber of work that I see come out of there is exceptional.

And yes, I'm sure the possibility of self-entitlement and douchebaggery is entirely possible, but isn't that some parenting issue, too? You can't blame a school is a kid is a shithead.

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You know what's good? Kumon maths. I did some Kumon maths. If I'd stuck at it I would be rocking at maths.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    It that the lateral thinking... Indian math craziness?

redfenix on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh man, my mom teaches at a Montessori school. She loves it, because public schools are a mess for teachers.

I kinda wish I went the private school route for at least a year or two, public school was fun but awful.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dang that would have been awesome when I took calculus. I studied for that class about twice as much as I studied for any other but I was always like a week behind the other students.

It didn't help that my teacher didn't particularly speak English.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    My little brother goes to private school, and I love the little bastard, but I really hope his parents kept the receipt.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    the math talk reminds me, one of the guys in my building when I worked here co-wrote this (pdf) before he graduated high school.

Those kids are damned smart. Doesn't make them any different than any other high school kid besides that, though.

redfenix on
  • Options
    Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    public school weeds out the weak and leaves only the strong

Wise_a on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    redfenix wrote: »
    the math talk reminds me, one of the guys in my building when I worked here co-wrote this (pdf) before he graduated high school.

Those kids are damned smart. Doesn't make them any different than any other high school kid besides that, though.

The butterfly hunter on the front page looks like a dude who listens to too much metal.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    skinny87skinny87 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    besides which, you just posted your own rebuttal. P Diddy? The young royals? A tv chef?

The best they can come up with is a spoiled prince whose stunning intellect led him to believe that it would be a bit of a laugh to wear a nazi uniform to a fancy dress party and a little Jewish girl who couldn't even play Hide and Seek?

So you wouldn't describe yourself as a Monarchist, CT?

Or would you?

skinny87 on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    as long as youre in a good, hell even decent, school district then i dont see much of a reason to go to private school

public school is way more fun anyway

tugga on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    redfenix wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    Geniuses will excel no matter what school they go to.

There are certain talents that need to be properly fostered for optimum development though. Musical talents for example.

I don't know, formal musical tution can do an incredible amount of harm to a child. Like I say, a genius will excel anyway. Guthrie Govan didn't go to no special school.

Page attended a Montessori school in Lansing, Michigan

Brin attended grade school at Paint Branch Montessori School in Adelphi, Maryland

Bezos attended a Montessori school as a child.

etc, etc.

Not that I have an opinion on this shit as a whole but that list is a fucking joke.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My little brother goes to private school, and I love the little bastard, but I really hope his parents kept the receipt.

My little brother goes to Catholic school because my mom "wants him to grow up and be a nice Catholic boy" and I informed her that sending him to Catholic school was a terrible idea then.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    RageRage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I went to a Catholic school from 3rd-8th grade, then public high school. The upside was our placement tests put us (Myself and younger brothers) in every AP\Honors course the school offered. I finished my math requirements with Calc 4 my junior year, got college credit for English, Adv Biology and Adv Chemistry, and my senior year schedule was basically a 2-hour AP English\World Studies split and then Adv Conditioning...working out for 1-4 hours.

The downside was 5+ years of mandatory church on Friday mornings and nuns. I did get to attend a diocese mass with Pope John Paul II though, so there's that.

Rage on
  • Options
    dasfonziedasfonzie Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah I just started working a second job, so I;m trying to get my sleeping schedule on track. I work from 4pm to 7am now, and its difficult for me to fall asleep that early in the day. Sucks when I need to get stuff done before work too :\

dasfonzie on