As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] Bloodlines: The End

• Options
    CycophantCycophant Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Steam version comes fully patched up with the recommended patches.

Beyond that there's fan patches of every variety, and you've probably stirred up the typical Bloodlines shitstorm about patches now, by asking that :P

Rest assured after 30 pages of arguing, nothing will come out of it. Some people will say the big fan patch that changes a lot of stuff is fine, others will suggest a different fan patch that only fixes bugs apparently. Others still will suggest playing the game as is.

My suggestion? Play the game as is - rarely does one come across any game-breaking bugs that would require further patching. Once you've played the game through, by all means, go crazy with some of the other fan-made stuff. But the game is perfectly enjoyable as you have it now.

Cycophant on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    kf1kf1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thank ya'll for answering.

kf1 on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My suggestion is to use Tessmage's patch. It goes for bug fixes, and bug fixes only, and while a few (A FEWWWWWW) of the changes might be controversial, I think it's worth it just for all the fixes it adds. It works with Steam fine.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm feeling pretty off today, creativity-wise, and the next section deserves my best. So, no update today and i'll have it up tomorrow. I was gonna take a day off anyway so this is as good a time as any.

Hope everyone's been enjoying it. :)

Aistan on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aistan wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty off today, creativity-wise, and the next section deserves my best. So, no update today and i'll have it up tomorrow. I was gonna take a day off anyway so this is as good a time as any.

Hope everyone's been enjoying it. :)

Take your time. You've been plugging away at this more diligently than most. And yeah, the next part is probably the hardest in the game to get right in a Let's Play.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Take your time, but i'm eating it up. Keep the goodness coming!

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ocean House
    update601kd0.jpg

It will be simple... find the thing, take it back to the dark daughter... no difficulties.

update602ku6.jpg

Hopefully this shall be our largest of obstacles.

update603bm1.jpg

update604gk7.jpg

Easy keys... why lock a place none wish to enter?

update605uy9.jpg

Silent as a tomb... hahah, ghosts and spirits, fabled fantasies. Only one way, forward.

update606lj2.jpg

*Loud creaking and then a crack as the chandelier is thrown to the floor*

No... no, missed us by inches, but only an old building.

update607cv6.jpg

The clock is striking... 1:17?

update608vk7.jpg

A faulty clock and rusted rivets, that is all.

*Slight creaking noise on the eighth step, then the seemingly sturdy boards give way*

update609wr8.jpg

Aggh... it does not want us upstairs...

It? Stop it, self, you are speaking crazy.

update610sl5.jpg

Locked doors, broken elevator... one way only.

update611jl1.jpg

update612vr6.jpg

Girl: Aahhh! No... noo! Aaah... hah...

A vision! But who else may be down here!?

update613hb3.jpg

She is gone...

update614nl2.jpg

None have passed through this wall before... perhaps my minds were only playing tricks of a bloodied girl in white...

update615iu7.jpg

This... cannot be a good way to run a hotel...

Ahahahahaahah... stop it, heads and fire... all in the past.

update617iv5.jpg

No, no, nooo... little ones and fear, axes... axes and fire!

update618wo1.jpg

A key... only a key. You are making us nervous with your talk.

update619bj1.jpg

Down down down to the boilers... what is that?

A tap tap tap on the ceiling, we are not alone... but we knew that? Too heavy for white vision's footfalls though...

update620xd7.jpg

Axes and blood! Foul hunter with clouded thoughts of madness! I will end you.

update621ru4.jpg

Gone... as notreal as the vision, then.

update622ia2.jpg

*The entire room shakes as the boilers come back on for the first time in years. Rivets begin popping out at high velocity as steam fills the tanks*

So loud and... ow! There is no more to do here... up, up if I can.

update623ag7.jpg

update624tg1.jpg

A ding, and the doors slide open as if waiting for us.

update625rz7.jpg

update626om3.jpg

The vision! Sadness, loss... what has happened?

update629hh3.jpg

Noo... the little ones... but it is only in the past again.

What use is the past if the past is littered around us, and throwing lamps at my head?

update630ko0.jpg

The little ones' room... drawings on the floor.

update631gy3.jpg

This is less than encouraging. Perhaps the other room will shed more light on our situation...

update632cn3.jpg

Empty... now what do I...

update633cw7.jpg

update634wl5.jpg

You aren't the boss of me, wall! Make me!

update635nx8.jpg

update677yi0.jpg

Pictures and vases flinging about!

This is better suited for a small child's tantrum. We should not be afraid of this.

I... I am not...

update636nz5.jpg

Closer to our goal... I hope...

update637fu5.jpg

Vision! Inside...? What... what will we find?

update638jd7.jpg

update639hk9.jpg

Down again... drinks and merriment, but not for us, not anymore...

update640as4.jpg

Axes and fire, trapped inside forever hunting.

update641bm6.jpg

update642pi7.jpg

"Help me..."

Voice! Is that you, vision?

Perhaps this book will shed light for our noodle.

update643bi6.jpg

05/31/1958- The first two days have been almost perfect, except that Ed can't seem to stop asking about the locket I recieved from my mother. He seems to think it was sent to me by some other admirer. Ed can be sweet, but sometimes his jealousy can get the better of him. Hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow.

06/01/1958- Sun is out today, not a cloud in the sky. Ed seems a little on edge, keeps guessing as to who my 'new boyfriend' is. Silly Ed.

06/03/1958- There was a picnic for the hotel guests this morning... quite a grand affair. Ed is in a dark mood. I don't know what I can do to reassure him that he is my one and only love. The only time he seemed to brighten up was when he was speaking to the groundskeeper. Boys and their tools...

update645tp9.jpg

06/05/1958- Ed left early this morning and I haven't seen him since. If I haven't seen him in another hour, i'm going to call the hotel manager. Against my better wishes, Ed Jr. went to look for him downstairs in the basement. I'm going to send Tiffany down to fetch him, if... wait... someone is knocking at the door...

update647lo6.jpg

Light is shed... but it is not a soothing light...

"He's coming..."

Vision? Where is he? How can we...

update678gz5.jpg

*A pan flies off the shelf, clattering to the ground*

No... knives and fire and steel... we must get out!

update648bb4.jpg

update649wl1.jpg

update650gp7.jpg

No way out, no way out... make it stop... too much anger, I can't...

*The microwave flies off the counter and smashes into the far door, knocking it off its hinges*

update651mm9.jpg

ESCAPE. I must get out! Out and away... far away...

No, we cannot leave the vision! Her fate was not her making!

update652ns1.jpg

We will be safe in the vents, cramped but safe from pans and fire...

update653dy2.jpg

"Be careful..."

Why do the voices never bring good news?

There is nothing here...

update654kl6.jpg

update655fp6.jpg

We must... rethink our position on elevators, self. Ladders shall not betray me.

update656wq8.jpg

update657tb7.jpg

The top floor, I must be closer than ever. Unless we are doomed to run in circles forever...

update658yf4.jpg

What is this? Pointy thorns, but not a puncture to be found.

update659kg1.jpg

Are lights and pots the extent of your trickery, axe man?

update660jc2.jpg

update661lk5.jpg

Further up we go...

update662xl6.jpg

Burning, burning and seared flesh and bubbling blood... we cannot go on...

Wait, there is no heat. Another trick, meant to turn us back.

update663ur6.jpg

update664ni9.jpg

Too far to stop now, our legs can jump and run just fine.

update665xe1.jpg

Imaginary fire cannot hurt me, but broken steam pipes can... the flesh will mend, and we are near our goal...

How to cross?

update666kb1.jpg

update667ye5.jpg

How it was in the past...

Thank you, vision, for showing me the way.

update668gc1.jpg

This must be the item of which the dark daughter spoke. Now to take it back, and free the vision from her torment.

update669rt7.jpg

update670vr2.jpg

No more flames or flying figurines, the axe man knows he has lost.

update671hr6.jpg

update672df1.jpg

update673cn0.jpg

Away at last, and successful.

No more spirits... never again, please...

update674xp7.jpg

*The door locks with a soft click*

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Fantastic. I was wondering how you were going to handle the sound effects.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fantastic post. Makes me want to pick this game up again.

Edit: Damn you, word-ninja!

Awesome post.

TL DR on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    But you missed something.
    A lightbulb bursts when you walk up to the house after going into the shed. It's kind of startling because the area is so quiet (and the lighting changes) and it's the first sign that something isn't right.

But ARRRRGH. That picture drawn by the child. I had forgotten about that. Fucking creeeepy.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    But you missed something.
    A lightbulb bursts when you walk up to the house after going into the shed. It's kind of startling because the area is so quiet (and the lighting changes) and it's the first sign that something isn't right.
    I also missed the last newspaper clipping talking about how either the mother or father could have been the killer. Rather bad investigation if they think that was up for debate, really.

All the flying things and popping lights were hard to get screenshots of, and I didn't want to overwhelm it with descriptions of sounds. You're right though, it is one of the good startle moments.

Aistan on
  • Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Italax wrote: »
    Wouldn't Jeanette make more sense RP wise?
    She's not fond of people who try to manipulate her. At least Therese is (relatively) straight-forward.

Granted, that means she won't be fond of a lot of people as we roll along... I haven't thought about how i'm going to deal with VV's quests.
    I always assumed VV actually liked you and wasn't just manipulating you, because of the e-mails she sends you after you're done.
    I got the feeling that VV is still scared by what she's become and what she has to do to survive. She seemed really remorseful when my Malkavian dug up her real name. It felt less like manipulation at times and more like she was afraid of having to have to physically hurt others.
    What is her name? I've never played a Malk to that point in the game.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Cojones wrote: »
    What is her name? I've never played a Malk to that point in the game.

VV's real name:
    Susan

Aistan on
  • Options
    IShallRiseAgainIShallRiseAgain Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Beach House:
    If you take the left staircase, you can avoid the whole basement. I did it unintentionally when I play VtM.
    VV:
    VVs name can be found in the LAN center on the celebrity computer. You don't need to be a malkavian to find it out.

IShallRiseAgain on
    Alador239.png
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Beach House:
    If you take the left staircase, you can avoid the whole basement. I did it unintentionally when I play VtM.
    VV:
    VVs name can be found in the LAN center on the celebrity computer. You don't need to be a malkavian to find it out.
    Is it revealed why VV
    freaks out when you mention her real name? I understand that obviously there's some bad shit in her past but does she ever tell you outright what it is?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Malks fucking scare me.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Is it revealed why VV
    freaks out when you mention her real name? I understand that obviously there's some bad shit in her past but does she ever tell you outright what it is?
    As far as I know, no.

However, my rampant speculation would be
    That VV hasn't quite coped with the fact that she's essentially become an inhuman monster and prefers not to be reminded of the fact that she wasn't always.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wow, I was wondering how you were going to handle this section. Brilliant. You have an excellent Malkavian voice. Believe I'll go reinstall this game while I wait for the next update.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Beach House:
    Actually, both sides are supposed to collapse. It's whichever one you go up when you first get in. Later on when you get back to that area you can go up and down the other side without a problem. Sounds like you ran into (another) bug.

Aistan on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Beach House:
    Actually, both sides are supposed to collapse. It's whichever one you go up when you first get in. Later on when you get back to that area you can go up and down the other side without a problem. Sounds like you ran into (another) bug.
    If you jump at the right time, you can avoid the part of the stairs that collapse entirely.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Always good to see this game get some love.

I would give a suggestion as to which ending to go for, but since it's so arbitrary I'll refrain. It was actually my biggest problem with the game. Having your ending depend completely on some dialog trees prior to the end instead of your actions throughout the game was a huge disappointment and killed my desire to replay the game.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Exarch wrote: »
    Always good to see this game get some love.

I would give a suggestion as to which ending to go for, but since it's so arbitrary I'll refrain. It was actually my biggest problem with the game. Having your ending depend completely on some dialog trees prior to the end instead of your actions throughout the game was a huge disappointment and killed my desire to replay the game.

It's actually not so bad as that, there are a few things you can do to miss out on certain ones.

Big spoilers here.
    You can always get the Loner ending.

To get the Kuei-Jin ending, you need to be respectful to Ming Xiao and believe her at the end of the Hallowbrook mission.

To get the Anarch ending, you need to help them out with the plague missions and the one with the talkative ghoul.

To get LaCroix's ending, you need to be respectful to him and to complete his quests as he asks. Not killing anyone on the Elizabeth Dane, for instance.

To get the Camarilla ending, you need to have not told Isaac that the gargoyle was Strauss'.

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Insanity Redux
    update701dm2.jpg

I must get this to the dark daughter, then find some way to cleanse my brains.

update702ah9.jpg

update703kp1.jpg

Drat... we must hold onto it until she returns. Perhaps the white daughter shall know...

update704lv6.jpg

Olivie: I seek the dark daugher, she of obsidian.

Jeanette: Therese is out making a show of how well her lips fit on the pants seat of the Camarilla. Did you happen to find her chastity belt or something?

Olivie: I can speak only with your other face, daughter of Janus...

Jeanette: Therese told me you might be back with something for her. Do you have it with you?

Olivie: Your sister only recieves this treasure.

update705di7.jpg

Olivie: You stole the words from my head.

Jeanette: She's always belittling me. She's the smart one, she's the favorite, she's the successful one. Well, it's not fair! I'm not a fool! This club's success is just as much my doing as it is hers!

Olivie: These pathetic warblings fall on undead ears.

Jeanette: Do you understand what it's like to have your own flesh and blood ripping you apart on a daily basis for two lifetimes? Can you?

Olivie: Forgiveness, white daughter, but this is for the other only.

update706jy0.jpg

Olivie: What deed could I do to amuse the rainy day child?

Jeanette: Do you know Gallery Noir, down the street? I happen to know there's a charity event being organized there. Lots of the influential Santa Monicans slithering in for token appearances. But there's one thing they don't know, the whole event's been set up by a Kindred trying to establish their own power clique in our city. And we can't let that happen, can we? So I need some brilliant young upstart to spoil the milk.

Olivie: What dastardly deed for this shattered mind?

Jeanette: I promise this won't take long. Take this knife and give the paintings in the gallery a good slashing. Don't get caught, and don't turn it into a massacre. And steal the charity box, would you? Buy yourself something velvet.

Olivie: I don't steal the offerings of innocents...

Jeanette: It's not what you think. Every pretty penny dropped in that box is going right into some other Kindred's purse. You'd be crooking from a dirty steal.

Olivie: If these paintings go under the blade, then you free the worm?

update707pc3.jpg

Olivie: No canvas will escape my blade.

Jeanette: Oh, and there was something about the paintings... what was it...

Jeanette: Hmm, I can't remember. Oh well, have fun duckling!

Quack, indeed...

update708ir9.jpg

The ghastly gallery... locked, and too complex for the twisted passages of my mind. Perhaps another entrance.

update710gb5.jpg

Draw straws?

Drat...

We will wait over here, tell us when you are done.

Olivie: Come on, lets have some fun. Why don't you put me in those handcuffs?

Guard: Well, missy... that's just a natural response that people have to someone in my kind of position. The risk, the prestige, the authority... it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

Olivie: Yes, yes, yes... those words make me feel alive.

Guard: Uh... yeah, you'd be surprised how often I hear that in this line of work. It's the uniform, you know. Women just can't get over the uniform.

Olivie: The chocolate stains are like medals of honor.

update711li3.jpg

Olivie: I'll be your donut shop... whisper your order in my ear.

update712fd2.jpg

update713um6.jpg

update714qo1.jpg

Not so bad after all... sugary aftertaste... ah and a key for dessert.

update715ts1.jpg

update716xb0.jpg

Let us get this over with, hurry.

update717fl3.jpg

Aah... I feel drained...

What did we miss? An order perhaps?

I slept through sunday school.

update718so8.jpg

A happy beginning.

update719vf6.jpg

update720zd0.jpg

Aw... nothing more romantic than vaaast pools of blood...

update721vi0.jpg

The final frame, then we can flee and finally finish... ah... what?

update722wk5.jpg

update723an7.jpg

Elevators and blood in one night... how many more friends shall turn on me?

update724kb8.jpg

update725rc4.jpg

Delicious or no, he is sharp and pointy... no other way around this debacle.

update726jp0.jpg

I should get my own blood paintings when I find a good residence... maybe also a blood butler and a blood gardener!

I wonder if the dark daughter is back.

update727bj0.jpg

Olivie: I-

Therese: The museum! That was my event! Did you think I wouldn't find out?

Olivie: But-

Therese: Shut up! I thought I could control my sister as long as Tung was out of the picture, but nothing's changed! I should have expected that you'd succumb to Jeanette's influence like all the others. But how dare you!

Olivie: I don't know what your lips are saying!

update728ac9.jpg

Olivie: Ah... I have brought your ghostly bauble...

Therese: Excellent! I'll take that. However... Jeanette claimed you did it for her. Lets say I believe you. After all, you've acted decently and rationally up to now.

Ahahahahahhhahahahahahha!

Quiet! We cannot hear!

Therese: I imagine you'd still like me to call off the feud?

Olivie: Yes, the worm is wiggling.

Therese: There's only one problem. If Tung gets word that I threatened Jeanette, which he most certainly already has, it's not likely he'll believe me. So, in order to call off the feud, you're going to have to convince Jeanette to forgive me first.

Olivie: How might this deed be done?

Therese: I made some threads against my sister. Idle threats, involving fire and her impious satin sheets. She took them quite seriously and is avoiding me. I want to meet with her and explain that they were said in the heat of the moment.

update729es5.jpg

Olivie: This is more convoluted than my psyche. I will find her, and then we finish this.

Therese: I want to see my sister. Yes, i'll call it off once i've spoken with her myself. Just do what I ask.

update730zy1.jpg

So much asking and doing and asking... I should make a leash fitting appointment.

update731yc3.jpg

Rear of the rancid restaraunt... there is no one here. Now what?

update732gh2.jpg

FOOLS WITH BOOMSTICKS. I HAVE NOT THE PATIENCE.

update733jb6.jpg

update734sc8.jpg

Only fair to take what was spilled.

update735rw6.jpg

Poor baby, did those bad men hurt you? I will give you a good home.

update736np7.jpg

Jeanette: She's crazy! HELP!

I must have dialed the obvious hotline.

Enough of this, we will get to the bottom.

update737mk5.jpg

update738sv4.jpg

I... ah... er...

Does this mean I am now in third place?

Jeanette: Don't listen to her! She'll kill us both! Save me and i'll help you find Bertram, I swear!

Therese: Shut up, Jeanette! I warned you to stay away from Tung- he's turned you against me! I always looked out for you! But you couldn't stand my success. You had to meddle, didn't you? I didn't want it to end like this but you forced me!

update739jz6.jpg

Olivie: From where this hateful quarrel?

Therese: Isn't it obvious? I'm about to rid the night of this deviant, backstabbing whore! Do you realize that, despite her condition, she still... fornicated... with kine, no less! So despicable... so unclean.

Jeanette: You're one to talk, dear sister, or should I say Daddy's little girl. Do you want to know just how depraved the baron of Santa Monica can be?

Therese: Shut up, Jeanette!

Jeanette: You'd love the world to think you're a saint... when you thought I was asleep, I used to hear father come in at night. I heard him whisper how much he loved you in your ear before he...

Therese: Don't finish that sentence or you're dead!

Olivie: Both sides need to cease this conflict...

Jeanette: Don't you want to hear what happened? How she became the pillar of the community she is today?

Therese: Shut up! Just shut up!

Olivie: Become mute both mouths! Both sides need to cease this conflict.

update740kz8.jpg

Jeanette: Endure me? Dear sister, you've done everything you could to smother me. You'd love to bury me in your closet, along with all your other skeletons.

Therese: I'm the good girl. You're the wicked one. You've done nothing but plot against me when I had our best interests at heart. And despite that, i've always covered up your mistakes. I've taken care of you. And this is how you repay me?

Jeanette: Taken care of me? You've done nothing but keep me down, blamed me for every mistake- did you expect me to let you rule my life until the end of time? No, sister, you've had it coming since our last sunrise.

update741dq9.jpg

Olivie: You must both learn to live in the same skin...

Jeanette: She's a control freak! People, things, emotions- and if she can't control something, she gets rid of it.

Therese: And you're a wild animal! You'll rub up against anything that'll take you in for the night, then, when you're stuffed and bored, you bite the hand that fed you.

Olivie: If you could learn to join hands, think of the strength you command...

Therese: I don't think that's possible. How could I ever think to trust her again?

Jeanette: Trust me? Who could trust you after what happened with Father dearest?

Therese: Father loved me. I was a good girl. I always did what I was told. You always hated that he loved me. You disobeyed him. You brought men home when he wasn't there. You were an awful daughter to him.

Olivie: The past is a worn garment, dispose of it.

Jeanette: Father came home drunk one day and mistook me for Therese, because I had fallen asleep in her bed.

Therese: Don't listen to her! She's lying!

update742ex2.jpg

Therese: That's a lie! Father killed himself because of Jeanette. She made him miserable!

Jeanette: As I recall, he died with a smile on his face.

Olivie: History's shadow need not fall on you both.

Therese: Why? How will this time be any different?

Olivie: Work together, and your power will more than double...

Jeanette: Therese doesn't like to share.

update743sf4.jpg

Jeanette: You do have a way with words, sister. You're right, i'm not the same class, am I? I mean, murderers are so respectful these days.

Olivie: White mistress, stand not in the way of the dark one's plans.

Jeanette: But I only do it for attention, and out of love...

Therese: You do it because you're vindictive and jealous.

Jeanette: And you deserve it!

Olivie: Dark one, let the light carry more of the burden.

Therese: More responsibility? So that she can ruin every opportunity I give her?

Jeanette: Of course. You're the only one who can secure zoning permits and shake hands. I'd never be able to keep up!

Olivie: Run this house as a family, and you both may unlive another day.

Jeanette: If she would stop treating me like a child!

Therese: If she would start behaving like a rational adult!

Olivie: Was there never a time when you looked each other in the eye?

Jeanette: Yes... there was a time.

Therese: When I was a child... I didn't have many friends. I suppose Jeanette was the only one. We never did go out of the house much. Father wouldn't allow us-

update744wd3.jpg

Therese: Happier times. Before we grew apart.

Olivie: You don't really wish to become an only child?

Therese: No... I guess I don't. Jeanette... if I were to give- offer- you equal control in Santa Monica, would you quit consorting with Tung?

Jeanette: I'll stop working against you with him... but since i've got him in my pocket already, there's no reason for me not to pay him a visit once in a while, when he can be of use.

Therese: That's not a bad plan. There's just one more thing. I want to be in charge of Santa Monica- but only publicly. I want you to continue to convince others that our relations are strained. That way-

Jeanette: ...We know who our enemies are. I agree.

Olivie: Give me the boom-stick, dark one.

update745na5.jpg

Jeanette: Bertram's hiding in an empty oil tank at the old gas station. I'll tell him to expect a visitor and i'll ask him to be extra nice.

Olivie: We share the same sweet madness, daughters of Janus. Farewell.

Therese: Please give Santa Monica's regards to the prince.

Jeanette: And keep your tongue tied tight about what happened tonight or we'll have to-

Therese: -kill you.

update746aw8.jpg

If you'll excuse me, self, i'm going to go home and shake uncontrollably for the rest of the night.

Aistan on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ahahahahahhhahahahahahha!

Quiet! We cannot hear!

:lol:

I'm impressed you got those two to get along.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    :lol:

I'm impressed you got those two to get along.

Scholarship is perhaps my favorite skill. Research and persuasion? Yes please :)

Aistan on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Holy hell the "sisters" are awesome.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    AhhseeAhhsee Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Having never played this game, this thread interested me. I've read a few LP threads in the past, but this one is pretty amazing. It's like a good RPG game from an older time. Very good story, but graphics can be lacking.

The few screenshots set the mood, but the text is what makes up for any possible complaint of that (if it even could be considered one).

It's actually making me want to get the game, and try out a nosferatu...

Ahhsee on
    newsigji1.jpg
    Click image for my huge backlog :\\\
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I love how it's strongly implied that the Malkavian character knows all along that Jeanette/Therese are the same person.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So, Jeanette and Therese: Great voice acting or GREATEST voice acting?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm a shitty Tremere. I convinced Jeanette to kill Therese. :lol:

Shamus on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Shamus wrote: »
    I'm a shitty Tremere. I convinced Jeanette to kill Therese. :lol:

That's what I did when I played with a Toreador.
    Then we had mad sex.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    öhsee wrote: »
    Having never played this game, this thread interested me. I've read a few LP threads in the past, but this one is pretty amazing. It's like a good RPG game from an older time. Very good story, but graphics can be lacking.

The few screenshots set the mood, but the text is what makes up for any possible complaint of that (if it even could be considered one).

It's actually making me want to get the game, and try out a nosferatu...

The graphics are lacking? Are you kidding? This still look good today.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    AhhseeAhhsee Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Naw, I don't mean the graphics IN GAME are lacking. I mean, if any real complaint could be made, it'd be that the screenshot amount in this LP is very less than the rest I've seen so far. The difference is, this is all dialogue, and I prefer to read what's been typed up, not read the screenshots.

I'm enjoying this. Almost enough to buy the game, and then get both graphics and story.

Ahhsee on
    newsigji1.jpg
    Click image for my huge backlog :\\\
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    öhsee wrote: »
    Naw, I don't mean the graphics IN GAME are lacking. I mean, if any real complaint could be made, it'd be that the screenshot amount in this LP is very less than the rest I've seen so far. The difference is, this is all dialogue, and I prefer to read what's been typed up, not read the screenshots.

I'm enjoying this. Almost enough to buy the game, and then get both graphics and story.

A lot of the enjoyment of the game comes from both the dialogue and the overall atmosphere of the levels. That's pretty hard to convey through screenshots. I try to show enough so that you have an idea of what's going on and where I am, then let the dialogue do its own thing and hopefully supply an entertaining atmosphere through the captions.

Playing it definitely gives a better impression than my runthrough will, and again, I recommend anyone reading this who hasn't played it to give it a try.

Aistan on
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The Prince is another favorite. Yeah he's an asshole, but he's a well acted asshole.
    I went to high school with a guy that looked JUST LIKE the Prince. Like, a creepy level of resemblance.

It's the french inbred thing.

Or he is actually the dude they based the prince off of.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    So, Jeanette and Therese: Great voice acting or GREATEST voice acting?
    Therese is indeed amongst the greatest. Jeanette, on the other, tends to get annoying from time to time. Then again, maybe that's just the fault of her personality rather than her voice actor.

Personally, I think LaCroix has the finest voice actor.

Well... not counting Jack, of course. Because, hey, DiMaggio.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's actually not so bad as that, there are a few things you can do to miss out on certain ones.

The problem being that if you've met any or all of those criteria you then have the option to go which ever way you want.

I naturally went through the game on my first play through and even though I was generally opposed to both the Quei Jin and the Prince in most applicable dialog, I still had the option to get either ending because I didn't chose to be an outright dick.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Explosive Situation
    update801ys7.jpg

What a horrible night to have a curse, that was... perhaps tonight shall be better.

update802et3.jpg

A nasty place for a nasty dude.

update803br2.jpg

Olivie: You do?

Tung: News travels down the Kindred grapevine like wildfire, and that courtroom spat between LaCroix and Nines Rodriguez is a juicy little morsel, and you in the middle... how interesting.

Olivie: I seek a strange house of wares, oh Nasty Dude!

Tung: I've been watching the place. The Sabbat has a bunch of lowlife humans working day and night to move stuff through there. There's some major staging going on.

Olivie: Only the warm-bloods infest the house of wares?

update804tn5.jpg

Olivie: Do they know of their dark masters?

Tung: Yes. The Sabbat like everyone to know just who they're dealing with. So if you get in there and have to bust a few heads, don't feel bad- think of it as 'upholding the masquerade.'

Olivie: Can you lead me there, your Nastiness?

Tung: Yes I can. Once you're there, however, you're on your own. You'll have to get into the place and plant the explosives in the middle office to take the whole structure down.

Olivie: Light the way for me, your Dudeness...

update805sd8.jpg

Silent as foxes in thick, bright pink socks we must be...

update806qg8.jpg

How embarassing to be caught like so... we will make it quick.

update807xu1.jpg

update808ww7.jpg

Drink and stay warm, little booze hound... soon there will be much more fire to stay toasty near.

update809rw7.jpg

update810qh5.jpg

Such is the price for gossip on the job. You must earn your shovel.

update811ad8.jpg

Traaains trains trains... trains. Trains?

update812ln5.jpg

It seems I am about to get the drop on him... ohhohoho...

No more of that or we will turn this car around right now!

update813om2.jpg

Blech... horrible aftertaste. Up the ladder for easy entry then.

update814pj3.jpg

update815eu0.jpg

So many... hmm. A methodical approach will be best.

OR JUMP DOWN AND RIP THEM APART.

Perhaps a combination of the two?

update816rf4.jpg

Doo de doo... one room down...

update817fk2.jpg

The next is as oblivious as the last.

update818ca1.jpg

Finally, nearly to our goal. Poor thug... you cannot hit what you cannot see.

update819cg2.jpg

update820ap3.jpg

The kablooey is set, we must flee.

update821xq0.jpg

update822oo2.jpg

Aah! A vampire!

Ah... right, of course.

update823oo2.jpg

More clawey than I am used to... ouchies.

update824od7.jpg

Tiiiiime... is on my side... yes it is.

update825jq5.jpg

update826xj4.jpg

The Sabbat have no sense of humor...

update827qd4.jpg

Gah... I have had... quite enough of this, thank you.

update828ip4.jpg

update829xd0.jpg

A giant kaboom, hooray! Dance with me, booze hound!

update830bo3.jpg

update831sm0.jpg

update832bo7.jpg

Olivie: AAAH, WEREWOLF!

Smirky: Not experienced much in the creatures of the night, are you? For future reference, you might keep in mind that werewolves aren't in the habit of introducing themselves.

Olivie: Are you the big bad wolf?

Smirky: I see my reputation, for once, does not precede me. My name is Beckett. I haven't been following you per say, we've just coincidentally been at the same places at the same time, for different reasons. So sorry if I unnerved you.

update833mz0.jpg

Olivie: Strange? HA HA HA AHA HA... no.

Beckett: Most of my contacts here report sensing something unusual in the night air, like a sense of dread or pressure... but i'm not native to these parts, so I can't tell if it's irregular- and since you're still fresh, perhaps you're not attuned to it. Well, it's been a pleasure meeting your acquaintance, but there are rumblings for me to discredit. We shall, i'm certain, meet again. Or never again. Goodnight, young one... and be careful, you're very likely being hunted by the Sabbat.

Olivie: Goodbye, wolf.

What a nice doggy.

update834ot2.jpg

Olivie: Do you know of Beckett, the noble savage?

Tung: Beckett? I know of him... why?

Olivie: We traded words.

Tung: No kidding? Hmph. Must be something major happening if He's in town...

update835ll0.jpg

Olivie: You are truly nasty-licious. Farewell.

Tung: You better get back downtown. Prince LaCroix's going to want to hear all about this victory.

update836ml1.jpg

Downtown it is then.

update837wo1.jpg

update838xr2.jpg

update851qb4.jpg

Sabbat #1: Let's drain it.

Sabbat #2: Let's stake it and leave it out for the sunrise.

Sabbat #1: We're going to have a lot of fun with this one.

update839mk6.jpg

Sabbat #1: Think you could blow up our warehouse and get away with it? Huh, lick?

Sabbat #3: Heh heh, lets pull out its eyes and its tongue and its teeth!

Sabbat #1: I want its teeth. Camarilla fuck! Boys, I think we all could use a little entertainment...

update840oc9.jpg

*gunshot*

update841nj7.jpg

Sabbat #1: Son of a bitch!

update842ke6.jpg

Nines: Leave.

update843so3.jpg

Sabbat #1: There's three of us Rodriguez, what are you gonna do, shoot us?

Sabbat #3: Heh heh, whaddya gonna do? Shoot us?

update844zx6.jpg

Sabbat #1: This ain't over.

update845ig8.jpg

Sabbat #1: We'll find you. You too, Rodriguez. You're both dead! Nobody messes with the Sabbat and lives!

Nines: Keep moving.

update846rj3.jpg

Nines: Trouble sure seems to like you...

update847ol6.jpg

Nines: Good effort.

*gunshot*

update848kq0.jpg

Nines: Execution needs a little work.

Nines: You look like shit.

update849uh8.jpg

Olivie: I was about to DESTROY them!

Nines: Want me to go get them?

Olivie: Get who?

update850zv8.jpg

Olivie: I like stories.

Nines: This is a mean existence. Stay out of trouble, kid.

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I never really understood what happened there. It's like, hello Arbitrary Storyteller Ambush Time.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No more updates until next Monday. I'm going to be heading out for the rest of the week. I'll start right back into it, then, and see if we can't get this moving once more :)

Aistan on