As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] Bloodlines: The End

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Won't be an update today, imageshack refused to acknowledge the pictures I uploaded until now, and now I don't have time to finish it.

Tomorrow afternoon then.

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Dinosaurs?
    update1401rk7.jpg

Olivie: My nose knows no such thing. Send me to LaCroix.

Chunk: Ah, sure, i'll open her up for you. Ah geez, I could go for one of them double Space Burgers, with the onions and the cheese and some bacon and that guacamole...

update1402ap5.jpg

Olivie: We no longer hear the voice of Grout.

LaCroix: Grout's dead?! What?

Olivie: Who is Bach? Why does he want to set me on fire?

LaCroix: Bach! Every time I think he's lost the scent... so, Bach killed Grout to draw me out.

Olivie: Grout was not hunted, he was disposed of.

LaCroix: Bach is a hunter. They stalk and kill our kind to appease their God, but like many mortals their so-called faith is nothing but a conduit through which they quench their killing urge. Who else would have killed Grout?

Olivie: Grout minus Bach equals Nines. He was the sum I saw first...

update1403ex5.jpg

Olivie: I don't like dramas... please change your channel to a comedy.

LaCroix: I'm so glad you find this amusing. I don't. And do you know why? It means... under most circumstances, I would call a blood hunt on the murderer immediately. However... the anarchs of this city may interpret such an action to be a declaration of war. I do not want a war with them. This decision will take some time.

update1404wq3.jpg

LaCroix: You're becoming quite indispensible to me. So, out of all my personnel, i'm going to entrust the retrieval of the Sarcophagus to you. It was quietly delivered to the Museum of Natural History a few hours ago.

Olivie: Dogs fetch, I-

LaCroix: Let me finish. The manifest from the Dane shows that there was a small box from the same dig on board, but it is listed as missing. Keep an eye out for it, it may have been overlooked. It's crucial we get the sarcophagus in our possession within the next few hours.

Olivie: My pockets are hungry.

LaCroix: Yes, of course. Here, I can't have one of my representatives running around ill-equipped for their task.

Olivie: This will speed the sarcophagus to you.

update1405cw4.jpg

Olivie: I will take the field trip to the museum now.

LaCroix: There is a degree of immediacy attached to this task. Work fast. And, as on the Dane, you are not to open the Ankaran Sarcophagus for any reason. Excuse me.

I must confer with the number... see what has gone wrong...

update1406xl3.jpg

update1407ro2.jpg

Olivie: Why such harsh words, Helter-Skelter?

Skelter: You fingered Nines. Said he killed a goddamn primogen.

Olivie: His shadow crossed my path at the primogen's palace...

Skelter: I'm willing to believe you were a patsy in all this, but i'll be watching you kid.

Olivie: Where is he with the name of numbers?

Skelter: Don't expect to see him until this bullshit is resolved.

And he was going to tell me how to kick a thrown baseball from the air...

At least Jack is still my friend!

update1408sb0.jpg

Olivie: Where is Nines now?

Jack: I hear Nines got word. I'd wager he's gonna be layin' low for a while.

Olivie: Will not the anarchs protect this warrior-prince?

Jack: Yeah sure, but there's packs of youngsters out there who'd love to make a name by bringing in the head of Nines Rodriguez too.

Olivie: Can I aid the anarchs?

Jack: Just eager to please, ain't ya? I could give a goddamn kid, but i'm sure the boys here would appreciate it if you kept it business as usual, hear me?

Olivie: My ears work fine...

And my eyes also, but now I have no friends because they peeped Nines...

Hmmph... all because of a meaningless errand from the Jester... well after the musty museum, no more...

Where have our feet taken us?

update1409sx7.jpg

The muddy meeting! My minds had missed this muddled mess... mostly.

update1410xc6.jpg

Always too late... late late late, and we don't even have a date at the end of it.

update1411jc4.jpg

Olivie: Tell your eyes to speak!

Bum: He done tore him up. Right in two. Ripped him apart like a rag doll.

Olivie: Open to me the movie in your mind!

Bum: These two guys- the dead guy and this other'n- th- they showed up. I been living here so I hid, I thought, you know, maybe they was owners or cops come to clean the place out.

Olivie: Who was the homeboy of the headless one?

Bum: The dead guy called him "Muddy."

update1412ca6.jpg

Olivie: Ah! The shadow-cloaked killer stepped from his dark domain?

Bum: One second he wasn't there, then he was; like out of the shadows he come up... Scared the shit out of the dead guy. I liked ta scream but I couldn' breathe.

Olivie: A booze-laden breath may have been your death...

Bum: The killer he grew these claws, I swear, I saw it. The dead guy went white like he seen the devil then the killer grabbed him around the neck n' lifted him up and started cursing at the guy.

Olivie: What words from this dark devil?

update1413bs5.jpg

Olivie: This story will place you in a padded cell. Silence if you love your freedom.

Bum: Ok, ok, I will. I don't want to ever think about it again.

Hm... this trail is getting muddier by the moment...

Mud... that's a fun word to say.

Mud mud mud.

update1414dr7.jpg

HELLO THERE, CAN YOU TELL US WHERE YOUR MUDDY FRIEND HAS GONE?

update1415gh9.jpg

That's not how you spell Lucky at all!

At least the trail has not vanished completely then. Nothing left but the museum now.

update1416dz3.jpg

Driver: Where to?

Olivie: DINOSAURS.

Driver: ...

Olivie: ...

Driver: Hop in.

update1417hj6.jpg

How will I carry it? It seemed heavy when broken apart on the spooky ship, but-

update1418kl5.jpg

AGH don't eat me!

Oh it's stuffed...

I've got my eyes on your all the same, dinosaur...

update1419vi6.jpg

It would be hard to work without an ass.

update1420rj6.jpg

Keys! Marshall will not find out, now.

update1421xz7.jpg

update1422nj4.jpg

Clueless guards. Easy enough to avoid without going transparent...

update1423dd6.jpg

update1424uk3.jpg

Our boots make loud clomps, it does not help us much in small spaces like this.

update1425pu1.jpg

Cameras, guards, old dead things... just like any good field trip.

update1426xc4.jpg

update1427eq2.jpg

update1428qp5.jpg

Aha, the fetish for the spider... it seems to be behind this invisible barrier...

This will take all my cunning.

update1429wt0.jpg

Do you think anyone heard that?

Naaaaaaah.

update1430ov8.jpg

Blech. The spider can keep this grumpy man with his... interesting head.

update1431hp6.jpg

Oop. Nevermind the vampire-shaped hole... it was just a... a... giant badger! Quick, he went that way!

update1432hw1.jpg

They won't find us in this room... hey, free key.

Keep an eye out for that badger too, he looked like trouble.

update1433wa1.jpg

I'm glad good security means emailing passwords to secure areas. I feel our cultural heritage is in good hands.

update1434fv0.jpg

These make wonderful noises... I shall have to get one installed at home.

update1435sm6.jpg

Oh no! That poor officer is trapped inside that sealed room!

I'll save you!

update1436wb4.jpg

Hooray! Now he can breathe again. And as fair reward, I get to fiddle with the word box!

update1437df1.jpg

update1438lc5.jpg

Yes... breathe deep the smell of freedom.

update1439fd0.jpg

update1440yw2.jpg

Ooh here we go... almost at my giant, heavy, stone, possibly evil present!

update1441qk4.jpg

Noooo someone opened it while I was away!

update1442qn6.jpg

Olivie: Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for Beckett!

Olivie: Why am I clapping?

Beckett: Indeed. I'm an archaeologist, and so I thought i'd indulge in a quick study of this Ankaran Sarcophagus everyone's so riled up about. My guess, from what i've read about it, is that it's a mummified Mesopotamian king. I needed confirmation.

Olivie: Did you stare at the box? Sometimes I stare at things for hours.

Beckett: I really wish I had. All this speculation about the sarcophagus containing an Antediluvian and being a portent of Gehenna is making me cringe. These are the kinds of ridiculous, superstitious assumptions I came here to debunk.

Olivie: The old ones... tell me they are not real... please...

update1443ua7.jpg

Olivie: The g-word makes my thoughts frightened. What is it?

Beckett: Armageddon, doomsday, the end of all Kindred. It's a common facet of most mythologies- the belief that the world will end. It's a fear of many that Caine and the Antediluvians will return to consume or destroy all Kindred. I disagree.

Olivie: THE DARK FATHER?! WHERE?

Beckett: Caine, who I assume you mean, is the biblican first Kindred and founder of the mythologican first city, Enoch- a place where Kindred and Kine coexisted. I believe Caine's a figure concocted to personify the transition from nomadic society to agrarian society. That myth, like most, has been twisted by time.

Olivie: Tell me the other signs, so I can peel my eyes.

update1444cd2.jpg

Olivie: I want to disagree with you... but I don't know.

Beckett: As I said, many cultures have the fear of some form of apocalypse. Kindred believed in these stories when they were human, and naturally carried them over into Kindred myth. But it doesn't take a supernatural act to cause widespread destruction. Humans and Kindred are just as capable of managing their own destruction as a deity. A self-realized Gehenna warrants more vigilance than a god-induced one, don't you agree? Such is my argument... which so frequently falls on deaf ears.

Olivie: Seen an old box around here? That's all I need.

update1445cr5.jpg

Olivie: I will rediscover the old box. Here I go.

Except for the spider fetish, a waste of time. Such is our undeath...

update1446sv6.jpg

Olivie: LaCroix mutters my name perturbedly.

Chunk: Say, fruit pie, uh... if you're still up and about in a few hours, why don't you stop by at the end of my shift and i'll treat you to breakfast, eh? Endless stack of flapjacks... little boysenberry syrup... your security teddy bear...

Olivie: If my night never ended, i'd build you a syrupy tower of babel, but I must go.

update1447gz1.jpg

I think they have a stuffed sheriff and only break out the real one for parties.

update1448tk6.jpg

LaCroix: I pronounce the blast sentence and I soak the critical fallout. I make the decisions no one else will. Leadership... I wear the albatross and a bull's eye.

Olivie: Hmm, what's my part...? Oh! What troubles you, my prince?

update1449on1.jpg

LaCroix: At least I can rest easy in knowing that you, my most promising attendant, has relieved me of one encumberance tonight. Do you need assistance bringing the sarcophagus up to my office?

Olivie: It was stolen, but there were lots of dinosaurs, so I had fun.

LaCroix: Stolen?!

Olivie: Din-

LaCroix: STOLEN?! HOW? Who would...? Gary. Gary, you treasonous maggot- I should have anticipated your treachery, sewer rat.

Olivie: Me too. Who's Gary?

LaCroix: The Nosferatu primogen. The Nosferatu were responsible for finding out where the sarcophagus was taken after the Dane, and for getting keys to the museum. They were the only ones who knew! It's obvious to me now, my mistake.

Olivie: The Nos-

update1450tx0.jpg

Olivie: First a dead man, then an old box, now a Gary... it's like a scavenger hunt.

LaCroix: The Nosferatu lurk in the filth below the streets of Hollywood, but not even I know just where they hide. Hollywood is, unfortunately, lacking in any Camarilla loyalties. Hollywood's baron is an anarch named Isaac. Isaac's more civil than the anarchs downtown, but nonetheless, he wears his mistrust of me on his sleeve. He may know how to contact the Nosferatu.

update1451wo1.jpg

Olivie: But-

update1452as2.jpg

And here we are again... just say no!

But his mouth makes such pretty noises...

Aistan on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hey, who let this update off the front page?

It's getting to the point where I really have to focus on font color to tell the difference between the game's Malkavian dialog and your asides. You, ah...you might want to get that checked out.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MaticoreMaticore A Will To Power Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I must say I appreciate this thread, it's quite good.

I think I might do a Nosferatu LP of bloodlines when I find my copy again, I only aspire that mine is as much fun as yours (which is impossible, because Malkavians get to talk to stop signs).

Maticore on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Malks are amazing.

Nothing can really top a Malk.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Swarming with Salmonella
    update1501ip8.jpg

The Jester's job can wait, I have a creepy idol to deliver!

update1502wi2.jpg

I had forgotten... maybe we should start a restaurant chain?

McGhoulies? It could work. Not enough money to start up though...

Ah... the fetish?

Olivie: Here is the museum prize.

Pisha: Yes. This is genuine... and of use to me. There is something resonating from it... a whisper. I will give you this in trade. It is known as the Odious Chalice... it swells with spilled blood and offers its bloat to its owner.

Olivie: It's an oily tangle of fleshy blasphemy. Thank you.

update1503ry2.jpg

The eye judges us...

Only as a last resort, to be used... the creepiness gives me the shivers.

update1504bq1.jpg

Oh, we have not seen our new home yet. I hope the angel is there to greet us.

update1505zj5.jpg

update1506jx7.jpg

Olivie: No no no no no... fish travel in schools! Where is it?

Heather: You don't like fish? I just thought, you know... it'd be a nice change of pace if you dined in...

Olivie: Isn't that sweet? I withdraw my words. Soup's on.

update1507wc9.jpg

Ooooh, comfy. And no windows for searing rays of deathly brightness to come in while we nap.

Fishy fishy fishy fishy...

update1508ms9.jpg

Olivie: You'll do no such thing.

Fish: Soon as I get out of here i'm calling the goddamn cops! Let's see what THEY think of this, huh? I'll have them lock up both your asses!

Olivie: Maybe I could use a drink... yeah, I could use a drink...

update1509mh3.jpg

Olivie: Come here, i've got a secret to tell you...

Heather: Master!? Master, wake up!

Mmm... is it nighttime again already?

update1510rp0.jpg

What did we saaaay?

Quiet... only a coincidence. We protect the Angel, no one would dare try. Anyway, she brings us fish... no one else would do that...

Olivie: Eyes? If you see the eyes again... blind them.

Heather: Yes... if I see the eyes... i'll blind them.

Olivie: Excellent. Stay safe, and keep the eyes from here.

update1511bb3.jpg

Oh yes, very good... if we find time between finding the Gary, meeting the Blood Baron, and not opening the box, go annoy a restaurant reviewer...

update1512di2.jpg

update1513gf4.jpg

Olivie: That IS my next stop! Do you do parties?

JC: Isaac's in the jewelry store at the end of the street. Consider yourself invited.

Olivie: This town loves me already.

update1514ke7.jpg

There must be some goodies I can find before I get another order to do something boring for some old guy in a suit...

update1515tq6.jpg

Olivie: What is this city hiding from me?

Red Spotter: Um... humility? Seriously, you want some orange juice or something to help you come down, or something?

Olivie: Has the killer that walks these streets bloodied his hands again?

Red Spotter: Uh... this isn't going to turn out to be ironic, is it? You're not like, a serial killer, are you?

Olivie: Is the city of stars on fire?

Red Spotter: Always. You should come out and see my band Ebola Cereal. We're playing tomorrow night at the Crematorium. No cover for chicks. We're going to RUIN the place.

Olivie: Are there other situations I may place myself in?

update1516zw1.jpg

Olivie: I will enter the volcano later.

Red Spotter: Hey, um, you know, you should REALLY ask me about the special.

Olivie: I have no need for they jerkys and gin of the living.

Red Spotter: No, no, no, man, you should REALLY ask me about the special? You got that look about you.

Olivie: Special? What is so special?

Red Spotter: I'm glad you asked, baby, seeing as how you look like, trustworthy or something. I got this special where you buy some really expensive burrito-tots or graple juice, you get a free weapon of your choice. You interested?

Olivie: Jerky, snack cakes, vodka, bullets. One of these things is not like the other...

Red Spotter: Yo, keep it down, shh. It's just my side gig, ya know- new amps and lap dances don't pay for themselves.

Olivie: Here are my eyes, show them your courtesy.

update1517qn7.jpg

New hat! Sorry, old hat, but you are yourself now.

update1518fs8.jpg

Ooooh... smashy...

That will be enough for now, the blood baron is waiting.

update1519st0.jpg

Hm. The Jester's new meaningless task is on the way, why not.

update1520nr4.jpg

Olivie: I am not the one who waits. I wanted-

Jerk: Wanted to what? Interrupt me while i'm working? Do you understand that this is an important opening and I am going to MAKE or possibly break this restaurant?

Olivie: Many greetings I babble forth to you, stomacher of multitudinous ethnic dishes.

Jerk: Hello. Now go get yourself some onion rings or hot wings, or whatever it is you eat. The refined palate of a true gourmand is, to put it in language you can relate to, trying to decide if this place is thumbs up or thumbs down.

Olivie: Justify your existence, devourer of soles!

update1521ob1.jpg

Olivie: Walk away from the trough, piggie, then tell the other piggies not to eat here.

Tommy: Listen, jackass, I didn't become the biggest critic in L.A. without making a few powerful friends. Half the owners of these places are criminals and I eat at their table when I drop by.

Olivie: ARE YOU ENJOYING YOUR MAGGOTS?

Tommy: What?

Olivie: Maggots, you're eating maggots.

Tommy: Oh god... agh...

Ehehehehehehhe...

Tommy: This place will pay for this! As sure as my name is Tommy Flayton, they'll never serve food in this town again!

Olivie: How could they do that to you? I bet they didn't get that idea from a movie.

Now I feel better. Back to the baron.

update1522rg2.jpg

update1523me9.jpg

Doing well for himself.

Who wants to bet nothing trickles down to us, hmm?

update1524af7.jpg

Olivie: Your messenger spun me around and pointed me in your direction.

Isaac: Very courteous of you to stop by. All Kindred that enter my domain are expected to introduce themselves. It may seem like an outdated formality, but it serves its purpose.

Olivie: Your purpose is a mystery to the lunatic in your office.

Isaac: It gives me the opportunity to personally welcome visitors to my domain. It also helps to establish an understanding in advance so that there are no unfortunate accidents while they are in town.

Olivie: This one is puzzled...

Isaac: Call me old-fashioned, but this is my barony, and as is tradition, a token of respect must be paid.

Olivie: This one is listening.

update1525ge5.jpg

Isaac: Won't meet me in person, won't drop it off, won't even answer his phone. Says he'll send the location of the pickup to a computer in the nearby internet cafe tonight. You see where i'm going with this?

Olivie: I am your postman.

Isaac: Go to the Ground Zero internet cafe, look for a directory named 'Josefk' and use the password 'Kafka'. There'll be an email in there that will specify a nearby location. Meet the contact, pick up the item, come back. Not too painful, right?

Olivie: You old ones like leashes, don't you?

update1526zn5.jpg

Olivie: Then I will pick up your mail...

Isaac: Excellent. In the mean time, consider yourself a welcome guest in my barony. Welcome to Hollywood.

Meet the new boss, just the same as the old boss...

Let us get this over with, the sooner-

update1527si0.jpg

Olivie: Madness, believe me, I know.

Girl: It's me, Samantha! Don't you... Did you suffer amnesia? Is that it? Let me make a phone call, we'll get everybody together, we can talk. Maybe you'll remember something. The important thing is that they know you're alive.

No! Stop her!

Olivie: NO, DON'T YOU REMEMBER ME? I'M YOUR PET TURTLE, FROM WHEN YOU WERE A KID.

Samantha: Shelly? Holy crap! You got big! I'm sorry I flushed you, I thought you were dead...

Olivie: No hard feelings.

Samantha: So... what's it like to be a turtle?

Olivie: It's a lot like being a walking house that eats lettuce.

Samantha: Can I give you a hug, Shelly?

Olivie: I'd let you, but the other turtles might start talking.

update1528kh5.jpg

Olivie: I will. Bye bye, Samantha!

It's always nice to see old friends. That was great lettuce.

update1529yv3.jpg

I've seen this funky name before...

The Muddy key!

update1530jh5.jpg

Hello? Mr. Mud? I'm coming in... i'd wipe my feet but, you know.

update1531xg4.jpg

Hey! Don't toss dead Mud at me!

update1532go2.jpg

Gone... but we were not as late late late as we have been.

update1533pc9.jpg

We will save this side trip for when we wish to annoy the Jester...

update1534gc3.jpg

update1535hs0.jpg

Smells like sweat and excessive spare time...

update1536rm7.jpg

This is simple, it should be done in no time.

update1537tg3.jpg

update1538zr3.jpg

Olivie: The blood baron sends forth the pawn to obtain the terrible tape.

Mailman: Wha? Blood baron? What the hell? Who are you? Didn't Isaac send... uh, damn... you must have the wrong guy. I don't know what you're talking about. Get lost.

Olivie: Just toss me the terrible tape and you can retreat.

Mailman: Tape? What tape? I don't know what the hell you're talking about I-I'm getting the hell out of here.

Olivie: You need not fear this demon. Tell me what horrors haunt you.

Mailman: Alright. S-sorry. It's just that... I mean, something is... I just want out of this whole thing. I don't want anything to do with that damn tape.

Olivie: Speak your secrets, little messenger.

update1539vw8.jpg

Olivie: I see teeth and terror, a girl lost to the blood storm...

Mailman: You have no idea... it's disgusting... that girl, the thigns that are happening to her... it's just not right, man. It's just not right. And now... something's wrong. Something's after me, I swear to God, something's after me...

Olivie: Rid yourself of its curse, and hand me this horror.

Mailman: I don't have it, I stashed it someplace safe. You need to find Ginger Swan's... huh? What the hell was that? Oh shit! Did you see that? I'm getting the fuck out of here!

update1540pv7.jpg

Mailman: Huh? Oh Christ!

*Sound of manhole closing*

update1541zr2.jpg

As simple as always, eh self?

So it seems.

And the new clothing:
    update1542ws6.jpg

Aistan on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The part with Samantha took me completely by surprise when I first played. So ingenious and innovative, wish they expanded on it.

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Whats it like being a turtle?

"Its like being a house that eats lettuce"

...That was hilarious.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Dementation is my new heroin.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The Samantha encounter was always one of my favorites. That's the kind of shit I emphasize when I run WoD games.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    MaticoreMaticore A Will To Power Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    No joke that part scared me more than the
    Werewolf
    the first time I played through the game.

I really wondered if the whole plot was going to change now that someone found me.

Maticore on
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That damn raptor scared the hell out of me the first time I played.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sceptre wrote: »

Made me jump too, I loved the note next to it :p

It hadn't even occurred to me the first time through, which I did as Malk, that since Heather is using your blood (but not full vampire), that she would acquire some of your bloodline's traits, which in the Malks case is obviously being batshit insane. Doing it as a Gangrel now and she's much more rational, though haven't noticed much 'animalistic' behavior in her speech.

steejee on
    The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    steejee wrote: »

It hadn't even occurred to me the first time through, which I did as Malk, that since Heather is using your blood (but not full vampire), that she would acquire some of your bloodline's traits, which in the Malks case is obviously being batshit insane. Doing it as a Gangrel now and she's much more rational, though haven't noticed much 'animalistic' behavior in her speech.

Not all clans have odd traits in their ghouls. Though, now that I think about it, Nosferatu ghouls do get a bit "off" or deformed... I hadn't even thought of that. Anyone know what happens to poor Heather if you're a Nossie?

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Not all clans have odd traits in their ghouls. Though, now that I think about it, Nosferatu ghouls do get a bit "off" or deformed... I hadn't even thought of that. Anyone know what happens to poor Heather if you're a Nossie?
    If that's the case, how does Knox manage to get by without any deformities? Plot hole?

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Lork wrote: »

If that's the case, how does Knox manage to get by without any deformities? Plot hole?

All the deformities occurred in his brain.

steejee on
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Well, the changes aren't immediate, and he's a pretty new ghoul.

Some Nosferatu breed generations of animal ghouls in spawning pools trying to get big and mean critters to defend their sewer havens. Albino alligators indeed...

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Thing that scared me the most was when you first meet beckett at the warehouse, I had practically no xp spent on melee/brawl so I had a lot of trouble fighting the two sabbat vampires and thought 'oh ffs, now a freaking werewolf?'.

L|ama on
  • Options
    dcleedclee Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You can't get Heather as a Nos. When you see her in the hospital, there's no option to give her your blood, she just tells you to get a doctor.

dclee on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    dclee wrote: »
    You can't get Heather as a Nos. When you see her in the hospital, there's no option to give her your blood, she just tells you to get a doctor.

A simple, yet non-elegant solution.

Kinda blows for Nossies; Heather is an important gameplay element (do they have another method of getting the final armor?) and also nice eye-candy.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Mulling Over The Masquerade
    update1601sn6.jpg

Since we're here, we might as well find out what midget smuggling is...

update1602za3.jpg

I don't see anything special... smells funky in here though.

update1603bc4.jpg

Olivie: HA HA HA, seduction, you should know better...

Stripper: I think... we... should get to know each other a little bit better upstairs, where we can... be ourselves. Come up to my room- just fourteen little steps. I'll make it worth it, believe me.

Olivie: Is your good intention a snare?

Stripper: You'd be missing out if it wasn't.

Olivie: Why don't you drop your words on this floor?

update1604fd5.jpg

Olivie: Alright, I will play with you, doll.

update1605ml6.jpg

Darn vampires and their secrecy.

update1606yr6.jpg

Olivie: Go here, do this, I say so, blah blah blah... it's all getting routine, really.

Stripper: Oh, I forget sometimes the two-faced nature of our blood. It's sad, really, the way we get conditioned so quickly, isn't it? The reason I asked you up here is because I, and the rest of the Hollywood Kindred, have been under surveillance lately by hunters. I didn't want to say anything that might draw attention...

Olivie: Me? Draw attention? Under the LOOMING SHADOW of WORMWOOD?! Never.

Stripper: This is going to be interesting...

Olivie: That tends to happen.

Stripper: I'm Velvet Velour. Call me Velvet.

update1607dh1.jpg

Olivie: I figured you out already. Tell me of the hunters.

VV: Hunters, yes... they've been staking out Hollywood for several weeks. They've been in Ash's club, mine, a few other places- I think they're whittling down their list of suspects. I'm a bit nervous. Until recently I had one right under my nose.

Olivie: That's one tiny hunter.

VV: For a few weeks, one of them was working here at my club, keeping an eye on the clientele. I found a weapon in her locker and I fired her, but, she's still in Hollywood, watching my club... and me.

Olivie: She came to this city for our heads. Handing her hers is the only way to end it.

update1608yi7.jpg

Olivie: I can make it so she never watches you. And breathes dirt.

VV: Would you? I think it might be a little much to ask...

Olivie: I like hearing hunters and kill in the same sentence. Oh, there they are again.

VV: You'd really be willing to do this for me? I won't lie, it's going to be dangerous... but if you got rid of her, i'd be grateful. Very... very grateful.

Olivie: I want you to be grateful... a lot. Point me at the hunter.

VV: She works over at the Sin Bin now. Her hair's blonde- on top. Broken heart tattoo on the small of her back. Dances under the name Chastity... as if that wasn't a dead giveaway. I want you to understand, I don't want any innocents killed on my account, so if there are other dancers or patrons around, you'll have to lure them away from her. Do it as quietly as you can, no witnesses... please. And, be careful using disciplines around the hunter.

Olivie: I will reappear with her blood on my smile.

update1609jz1.jpg

Nothing like trying to stay classy, eh?

update1610nr7.jpg

update1611jd7.jpg

Occupied...

update1612po4.jpg

And again. We need to persuade the perverts to prance away.

update1613ca5.jpg

Ahh... one is low on change... easy enough to foil.

update1614oz4.jpg

update1615st2.jpg

The other has an endless pocket of quarters, he will require a more blunt approach.

update1616wt6.jpg

update1617rr6.jpg

Go home... you do not wish to peep what will happen tonight...

update1618sq5.jpg

Olivie: There is something you need to see somewhere other than here.

Dancer: Oh. Okay. I'll just go back into the pleasure palace...

update1619ah2.jpg

That leaves...

Hmm... we should be creative with her ending...

I think we should stick with the classics. Only one fair way to slay a hunter.

update1620wz6.jpg

update1654oh2.jpg

Not the best, but it will do.

And, a message to her friends...

update1621di3.jpg

Olivie: Hunter hunted.

update1622ag1.jpg

Olivie: I'm not ashamed. You will have to learn to be like me.

VV: Yes, i'm quite a compelling subject, i'm sure. Hopefully, though, i'll have some lovely young Kindred by my side to protect me.

Olivie: Tell them I said "look out".

VV: If you can't appreciate just how generous the gift of my presence is, maybe you should spend your time indulging in something more suited to your tastes, like a carnival, or perhaps a... rodeo or something.

Olivie: YEE HAW!

VV: No, i'm sorry... It's just, I have something unpleasant on my mind. Poor, poor David Hatter...

Olivie: Pour him into what?

update1623yw1.jpg

VV: It was about secret societies and creatures that found themselves dealing with inner beasts, and persecution by elder monsters... sound reminiscent of something to you?

Olivie: He's in my head!

VV: No... it's about Kindred. The details of his story were too insightful to be coincidental. I think someone is working with David- a Kindred who doesn't realize the consequences of their actions. Do you know what the penalty for revealing ourselves to kine is?

Olivie: Scoop out his eyes, replace with cherry bombs?

update1624lh6.jpg

Olivie: So... off with Hatter's head?

VV: NO! I don't think Hatter knows his collaborator is Kindred. You'll have to take David's screenplay... and somehow, you'll have to coax the name of his source out of him. Once you've found out who... kill... the traitor, but DO NOT touch David.

Olivie: Must the doll always stay in the box? Is she too delicate?

VV: David's such an endearing and creative fellow... if I did this personally, i'm sure he'd never speak to me again. That would just break my heart.

Olivie: Okay. Doll.

VV: David works at the Lucky Star motel. He's very passionate about his writing- he loves to talk about his craft. I'm sure he'll talk about his screenplay. It may take some persuasion to get him to give up his collaborator's name, however...

Olivie: My ways are many and hilarious.

VV: After this is over, I promise you'll have my complete attention.

Olivie: I like attention, it's why I cut myself in large crowds. I am gone.

update1625db8.jpg

Take a paper, kill a blabbermouth... why is that so hard?

Won't be hard for us, yes?

update1626pd5.jpg

Olivie: I'm looking for a Hatter. Is this your tea party?

David: I'm David Hatter, the manager here... did you call earlier? I had to give your room away... apologies.

Olivie: Manager... a pity, I was looking for a writer by your name.

David: Writer's such a tarnished term, you know what I mean? Like, every other guy says he's a writer, right? What I do, that's screenwriting, like, I encapsulate the essence of excellent film in my scripts, alright. I'm like a blacksmith with pens.

Olivie: If your prose is as good as you are spastic, it must be a literary treasure.

update1627cc3.jpg

Olivie: What do you forge with your pen?

David: Does a writer write, or does he like, just ink the flotsam and jetsam floating in his subconcious into a 120-page piece of film genius? But you know, most of my subconcious is filled with old horror films, so that's what I write mostly, I guess.

Olivie: Why can't more horrors be love stories... they mix divinely.

David: Right, right, that's what i'm talking about. There haven't been many good horror films in a long time, and that's- i'm going to turn that all around, like, when I bust the stuff i'm working on, it's going to be, like, a revolution in the horror genre, okay.

Olivie: What is your revolution bringing?

David: Me? I'm, like, looking to redefine the vampire movie, okay. Tons of people make vampire flicks, popular characters- but me, i'm going to be doing the real deal, like, not only is it going to be scary, but it's going to be believable.

Olivie: Vampires. Pour me a glass of your musings.

update1628jc6.jpg

Olivie: I would like to rent your movie's blueprint. Do you have one for me?

David: A good writer always does in this town. Hey, you in the business? Man, I got tons of ideas for movies. In fact, I should give you one of my completed screenplays. This one's still a work in progress.

Olivie: I AM A MIGHTY THESAURUS! GIVE ME YOUR SCRIPT OR I'LL BITE YOUR HEAD OFF! ROWR!

David: Alright, alright, here!

Olivie: Who placed this story in your mind?

David: I really can't talk about it. He likes his privacy.

Olivie: YOUR MIND WILL SPIT HIS NAME IN MINE.

update1629fn8.jpg

Olivie: Hmm... i'm late, i'm late for an important date, Hatter.

update1630mz4.jpg

Back to the lady on the water... I had hoped she was behind us.

update1631ep5.jpg

update1632wf4.jpg

Poor little thin blood... all alone and scared...

update1633gp5.jpg

Olivie: Are you Caesar?

Julius: Nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-no...

Olivie: Has your tongue been whispering to the warm-bloods?

update1634jc2.jpg

Olivie: Heavy is the price of loose lips...

Julius: I-I-I-I'm suh-suh-suh-sorry. Puh-please! Puh-puh-please, I-I-I-I'll nuh-nuh-never do-do-do it a-a-again!

Olivie: The light of your words ends in final sleep.

Julius: Aww nuh-nuh-nuh-no. Oh-oh guh-guh-god...

Olivie: The rules are written in obsidian.

Julius: Puh-please! Fuh-find your huh-heart! Fuh-fuh-fuh-find your heart!

He has broken the laws, he must pay!

WE are not the Sheriff! Why should WE kill this one?

He has endangered us all with his actions. And us, if we do not act.

Olivie: If I let you go, and they find out, I could be risking my unlife.

update1635io0.jpg

Olivie: And then your shadow could never again fall on the city of dark angels.

Julius: I-I-I wuh-wuh-will! I puh-puh-promise! Puh-puh-please! Fuh-fuh-fuh-find your heart!

How can one follow laws they do not know?

That. Is not an excuse. We would all be dust if the laws were not followed.

WE would be dust if they had been! Why should this one not have the same chance?

... Agreed. A chance. But only one.

Olivie: If I smell you again, it will be burned ashes.

Julius: Thu-thu-thu-thank you! Thank you! oh, thank you!

Olivie: Never again should my eyes behold your stuttering stupidity. Go.

update1636yu7.jpg

Now I understand the Doll...

She must not know. We have more work tonight, however...

update1637cw9.jpg

It should not come to us to protect the Masquerade, least of all in this, the most open of actions.

update1638wj1.jpg

Anyone hoooome? I found your card with a deceased dirt-man... thought I should return it...

update1639jq0.jpg

Running off into the junk. It will take more than flying cars to stop us!

update1640cf2.jpg

update1641eu9.jpg

I will not be the one to spend time stacking them again.

update1642gc0.jpg

update1643qd5.jpg

No! Get away from it! Turn back, this is not worth it...

update1644ij4.jpg

There is an easy way around. Stop being a coward.

update1645nk6.jpg

Nowhere left to run, beast.

update1646gp2.jpg

Olivie: What dark dreams drove you to this nightmare?

Killer: What the hell do you care? I don't give a damn if you understand.

Olivie: Enlighten this shattered mind.

Killer: Why? So you can pass judgment on me? So you can decide if those murderers deserved to be gutterd? You'll never know how it feels. NEVER! My family, my children where butchered by small time criminals just looking to rob a house, steal a car, take whatever. No sense to any of it, no plan, no ransom, just kill them because why? Because they were there, in the way?

Olivie: Fate gives no one the reins.

Killer: Not one of them paid. My whole family dead, my life gone. I'm supposed to let that happen?

Olivie: So you took the scales into your own hand?

update1647rb4.jpg

Olivie: You surrendred to your darker half.

Killer: At least I put it to use! How many vampires have used their abilities for a just cause? At least I did something.

He is right... what have we done?

WE have not killed kine and led the masses to our doorstep! THIS ONE is not like us!

Olivie: Yes, and now I hold the scales and you must be judged.

update1648xd3.jpg

Olivie: Justice calls for your death, and I am her hand.

update1649qd9.jpg

update1650bp3.jpg

A beast, yes. But out of practice and used to defenseless thugs.

update1651wx1.jpg

No more.

update1652qr7.jpg

update1653yp5.jpg

How is it tasks we take upon ourselves are more draining than those we are told to do?

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I distinctly remember playing a malk allows you to peer into VV's mind, anyone remember what that was exactly?

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I distinctly remember playing a malk allows you to peer into VV's mind, anyone remember what that was exactly?
    update1655yx1.jpg

update1656du7.jpg

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ahh, thanks.

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm really glad you fu-fu-found your heart. Julius is just about the most heart-rending character I've ever encountered.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    But that other guy can go to hell.

I love your playthrough of this.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    CylaranaCylarana Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I feel bad for the killer...he was perhaps sloppy, but the folks he offed wiped out his family. I'd be pretty pissed off too, and I could grow claws and tear them limb from limb, I'd be tempted.

Cylarana on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I'm really glad you fu-fu-found your heart. Julius is just about the most heart-rending character I've ever encountered.

I killed him the first time through as I thought he was a big whining wimp (and I was drunk).

I had a little more heart the second time...

steejee on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    That was actually the first time i've ever let him go...

Yeah, i'm a horrible person.

Aistan on
  • Options
    fkn creepfkn creep Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I never played far enough to see the Lost Boys reference. TASTY MAGGOTS MIKEY!!!!!

fkn creep on
    t1g3rstyl3.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ah, Hollywood is one of the more interesting sections of the game. Go zombies and gargoyles! Strippers and whores! Toreador and Nosferatu!

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ah, Hollywood is one of the more interesting sections of the game. Go zombies and gargoyles! Strippers and whores! Toreador and Nosferatu!
    Sewers and warrens!

Hey, wait, where are you going?

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sewers and warrens!

Hey, wait, where are you going?
    Those aren't really part of Hollywood. They are an abomination existing in some kind of Purgatory between Hollywood and Chinatown.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    HoChiWaWaHoChiWaWa Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    I didn't have any problem with the Sewers/Warrens, they were just another annoying sewer level like every god damn game has. I was a little surprised that many people told me to just no clip through them as if they were unplayable.

HoChiWaWa on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    noclip through them? They take like 15 minutes to beat if you know the way. Hell you can just run past most of the guys there if you really dislike 'em :p

steejee on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    The only thing I despise about the sewers is the damn fan underwater, where you have have to have perfect timing within one or two seconds or you can't make it and have to try all over again. I blocked that part out til a friend who also doing a playthrough brought it up to me. Guess it's better to be prepared, but i'm not looking forward to that.

Aistan on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yea, if you could turn the fan completly off it would be a lot better.

What happens is that most people who run through with celerity dont notice it, because they just pop a discipline and let it rip.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Their explanation on why the warrens seem to be deserted is both convenient and creepy.

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Why was it again?

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Basically, they don't WANT you to see them but they still like to keep an eye on you

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg