As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[miniphalla] Star Trek: Vendetta FERENGI VICTORY

18910111214»

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    WILL SOMEBODY JUST BUY THESE FUCKING ASHES

Seriously on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Good game guys, I enjoyed running it, and I sincerely hope you guys enjoyed playing.

What did you think of it?

The green vote was maybe a bit overpowered, I didn't quite realize the ramifications of the vote protection, I figured the random assignment would balance it out, but it seems it just made it more powerful.

Feedback?

Rend on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Good job team ferengi.

durax on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zot played pretty well considering his position. So hi5, Zot.

He was just piggybacking one me, of course I was going to get rid of him once my group got ahead but too much bad luck and mischance stopped that from happening.

This phalla has me hating inactivity with a passion.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Also: Inactivity RAPED some teams. No surprise the two most active were romulan and ferengi, unfortunately, the romulans got seered by EVERY SINGLE FACTION night 3.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Rend wrote: »
    Also: Inactivity RAPED some teams. No surprise the two most active were romulan and ferengi, unfortunately, the romulans got seered by EVERY SINGLE FACTION night 3.

Oh poop, at least they didn't know exactly what the roles were.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm pretty against randomness in phallas, especially when it becomes instrumental to one side or another winning. I understand, though, that you didn't see the implications of the green vote (and, honestly, neither did I until it was too late).

Also, declaring myself MVP of the Ferengi Alliance. Clearly I was crucial to our victory.

Locus on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, the Klingons got screwed by inactivity. Ah well.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

He was just piggybacking one me, of course I was going to get rid of him once my group got ahead but too much bad luck and mischance stopped that from happening.

There was nothing he could have done except Piggyback. He had one vote and a seering, versus the voting blocs of the other teams and their various powers. If he had convinced the Ferengi to off Wildcat he would have won, which would have been damn impressive.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    durax on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    I'm pretty against randomness in phallas, especially when it becomes instrumental to one side or another winning. I understand, though, that you didn't see the implications of the green vote (and, honestly, neither did I until it was too late).

Also, declaring myself MVP of the Ferengi Alliance. Clearly I was crucial to our victory.

Me too. I was extremely surprised at how broken the _one_ rng in the entire game made it.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Man I basically contributed nothing to my team. I just killed who they told me to.

Infidel, particularly was the man with the plan. Raakam's excellent seering instincts gave us a huge advantage.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    This is the only phalla I've lived through.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I enjoyed playing.

I do wish their had been a single borg or something for us to talk about in the main thread, but starting out networked, and being able to use deduction to figure out people's roles and factions more than made up for it.

durax on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

There was nothing he could have done except Piggyback. He had one vote and a seering, versus the voting blocs of the other teams and their various powers. If he had convinced the Ferengi to off Wildcat he would have won, which would have been damn impressive.

Yea but like, who was stupid to do that? Once Zot found out wildcat was the last federation he kept on trying to get me to kill him. I would be sad if Zot would actually have gotten the ferengi to kill their own ally which they didn't need to kill.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    durax wrote: »
    I enjoyed playing.

I do wish their had been a single borg or something for us to talk about in the main thread, but starting out networked, and being able to use deduction to figure out people's roles and factions more than made up for it.

So was the structure of the phalla generally enjoyed, minus a couple glaring oversights on my part as a GM?

Rend on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    oooOOOOOOooooo

WoohooooOOOOOoooo!

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I thought about it, but then he just kept voting for Infidel.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yes, I enjoyed playing.

durax on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I enjoyed the structure of the game, it's nice to be networked.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Seriously wrote: »

I thought about it, but then he just kept voting for Infidel.

Well

I didn't think about it too hard. It would have taken a fair bit to convince us to turn on the Federales I think.

Seriously on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yea but like, who was stupid to do that? Once Zot found out wildcat was the last federation he kept on trying to get me to kill him. I would be sad if Zot would actually have gotten the ferengi to kill their own ally which they didn't need to kill.
    He wouldn't have come out and said "oh, man, you guys should totally kill your ally Wildcat so I can win." He would have been you know, subtle about it.

He told me he tried to convince the Ferengi Wildcat was the Rom guardian so they'd off him, which was really the best move he could have made. Not like he had anyway of killing Wildcat himself, might as well try to get someone else to do it.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Alright, off to bed.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Rend, the game was fun even though I died on the first night.

Locus on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Im totally the prettiest princess

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh yeah, what robot name does 'durax' resemble?

(That comm was hilarious.)

durax on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    PHALLAX

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ferengi.jpg

Just because I never have gotten to do one of those yet! Zellpher is the pile of latinum because he was the spy and thus never seen. (The image only had 4 ferengi!) Seriously is just there being bad ass, lieutenant-killing machine.

Good game folks. I agree that the green vote should probably have been different. It brought in a lot of randomness to a game where it didn't fit, we were mostly at it's mercy when it killed the Federation's chances and when it swung around to screw the Romulans. Just with everything else being a game of information, deductions, and some strategy... it didn't seem to fit. Good game nonetheless, and thank you Rend for it.

Being networked at the beginning is nice for everyone. Not much action in the threads, it's all behind scenes, but fun anyways. We networked with the Federation day 2 (seered DA night 1) which is the best I hoped for, and we worked together to coordinate kills. Good thing, since they were going to kill me that night, and we were gonna kill one of them a couple times. Helped us figure out factions quicker too.

Zot made a good effort as last Cardassian, trying to convince me to off his two enemies. Unfortunately I had better info than him I think as I already knew who everyone was at that point so I wasn't going to accidently kill for him. And a note for Federation, I was working with Wildcat and was sincere in that I would have gone for the tie. Like I said to him, it depended on that random green votes results on whether there would be a Federation tie or not, guess there was not.

Klingons can just die! <3

Locus wins MVP (despite dying night 1) for the awesome communique sent to everyone.

Ferengi boards

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Much respect for Zot for keeping our team alive and kicking. Good job.

Qorzm on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I had to cut out portions of the Treatise for the communique, but you can see the full version on the Ferengi boards.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I wasn't originally going to mention Wildcat

but he didn't vote alongside you guys at all, so I figured I had a chance

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Federation Boards.

I agree that the randomness was really painful to some teams. If you run it again I'd probably scrap that. The other thing is that having the kills be vested in only a single person on a team lead to some situations where teams were effectively out of contention day 1. The Klingons were screwed from then on. When we started dealing with the Ferengi it took me about five seconds to realize the Klingons had next to nothing to offer us anymore.

All in all though, fun game.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Klingons were screwed from then on. When we started dealing with the Ferengi it took me about five seconds to realize the Klingons had next to nothing to offer us anymore.

Yeah, I made sure to point that out. :winky:

Granted, they lost their lieutenant due to fail guarding. I was guarding our lieutenant the whole way through, so I suppose that doesn't make the guardian very fun but at least it takes two knockouts to get rid of the faction kill. (assuming you know which two they are, not trivial)

Maybe some communal powers. With the wide spread of abilities you might be able to rebalance it so that everyone is unique but balanced, and then have enough communal abilities to function a bit still when many die.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yes, unluckily for Zot Infidel knew who all the Feds were, plus I was happy to add redshirt muscle to the Ferengi cause if it meant getting a seat on the shuttle off this rock.

More seriously, wiser heads than I on our team had set up the understanding with the Ferengi, and a contract is a contract is a contract, right? (Even if their boards suggest they were operating on the caveat, 'But only with another Ferengi'.)

I enjoyed my first phalla, but I'll take this opportunity to apologise to my team-mates for the massive amount of fail I had trying to sort out my timings on the first couple of days.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, just got some free time. Glad we won, it was a definitely a fun game. Kinda feel bad for the teams that had inactives in them. Thanks for the game Rend, and go go team Ferengi!

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    WHO DARETH KILL THE ADMIRAL ON DAY 1?

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    That was me.

Sorry, no idea you were a Federale.

Seriously on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hurray for getting grudge killed the first day because my guardian was asleep on the job.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hurray for getting grudge killed the first day because my guardian was asleep on the job.

You deserved it Shorn. I only did it because I <3 you.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

You deserved it Shorn. I only did it because I <3 you.

Oh, I know I deserved it. I'm mostly upset because my guardian should have blocked it! I was kinda looking forward to geeking out in this one, having been a Star Trek nerd in the past.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png