Options

Pregame: Scion Game Starting this Wednesday: 2 Slots Open and a lot of evil to fight.

• Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Looks like we have our six players in

Reynolds
    Lardalish
    Woldwarden
    JerikTelorian
    Cytorak
    KrataLightblade

Looks like Saturday pleases the most people, I am thinking after noon, before 9 pm CST.
    And all pantheons are open. Want to make six Loa based scions go ahead. If you want to post character sheets or rough outline here to make sure there is no duplication on Gods or even pantheons if you guys want the full spread that would also be fine.

This is a globe hopper of a campaign. So be prepared to travel.
    And we will start the campaign as the characters meet. So we will pick one of the characters, start them on an adventure, and then trickle in the others over the course of the next few game minutes.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ok, I had Reynolds help me with this, but Im not sure if its all finished. Oh well.

Quick rundown:

Scion of Huitzilopochtli
    Im a Navy SEAL commander
    I shoot things.
    I shoot them good.
    Or atleast thats the aim.

Full character sheet done up in Word:
    Owen Henderson

Navy Seal command leader
    Scion of Huitzilopochtli
    Pantheon: Atzlanti
    Associated Powers: Epic Charisma, Epic Stamina, Epic Strength, Animal (Hummingbird, Eagle), Death, Guardian, Itztli, Magic, Sun, War
    Abilities: Athletics, Awareness, Brawl, Marksmanship, Melee, Thrown
    Nature: Perfectionist

Bonus points in parentheses
    Attributes:
    Physical
    Strength ****
    Dexterity ***(*)
    Stamina ****

Mental
    Wits ****
    Perception ***
    Intelligence **

Social
    Appearance **
    Charisma ***
    Manipulation **

Abilities
    Academics *
    Athletics ***
    Awareness **
    Brawl ***
    Command ***
    Fortitude **
    Integrity **
    Marksmanship ***(*)
    Medicine *
    Melee **
    Presence **
    Stealth ***
    Survival **
    Thrown *

Birthrights
    Followers: Grunt Soldiers **(*)
    Relic: Guardian, Sun, War ***
    Guide: (***)

Boons
    Guardian: Aegis **
    Sun: Penetrating Glare **
    War: Battle Cry *

Epic Attributes
    Epic Stamina **
    Self-Healing
    Solipsistic Well-Being
    Epic Charisma *
    Benefit of the Doubt
    Epic Wits **
    Meditative Focus
    Rabbit Reflexes

Virtues
    Conviction *
    Courage ***
    Duty ***
    Loyalty **

Legend **(*)
    Willpower 6
    Legend Points: 9

Bonus Points
    Legend point: 7
    Dexterity: 4
    Birthright: Followers 1
    Birthright: Guide 3

Dodge Value: 5
    Parry Value: 3
    Join Battle: 6

Weapons
    Combat Knife: +1/+2L/-1/4/-
    Glock: +1/+3L/20/15/4/P
    Desert Eagle: +0/+5L/50/7/5/P
    H&K MP5: +0/+3L/30/30/5/P
    M16: +0/+5L/150/30/5/P
    AK 47: -1/+5L/125/30/5/P
    Mossberg: +0/+6L/20/8/5/P

Armor:
    Bulletproof Vest: +2L/2B/-0/1/B
    Riot Gear: +5L/8B/-2/2/B

All I need (assuming my character isnt completely wrong) is a bit more of a background cause all I really have now is "hes in the Navy SEALs" but I have a personality and such.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Like I said further up the page, I'll probably be at work at that time. So unless I can get it off somehow, I don't think I could be there.

That person is me, Lardalish..! Here's my basics, in case it comes up. She's also got a dog. :3

Name : Anacaona "Ana" LeRoux
    Calling : Double Identity
    Nature : Bravo
    Pantheon : Loa
    God : Kalfu

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I've got two potential Scions. The first is this:

Damon Walker, Scion of Hermes. Previously a wanderer, he would've been sent to this Band via one of his Birthrights as a favor to Poseidon. He hates staying in one place too long, but currently, this newly-forming Band is where he needs to be, and he understands that it's not really up to him right now.
    Attributes: Strength 2/-, Dexterity 4/2 (Lightning Sprinter, Untouchable Opponent), Stamina 2/1 (Holy Fortitude), Charisma 4/-, Manipulation 3/-, Apperance 2/-, Perception 3/-, Intelligence 4/1 (Perfect Memory), Wits 4/2 (Rabbit Reflexes, Meditative Focus).

Important Abilities: Athletics and Melee 4, Larceny and Stealth 3, Survival and Fortitude 2. (Obviously he's got others, these are the ones likely to be most applicable to his character)

Birthrights:
    Traveler's Compass - 3, (Allows Access to Psychopomp, 2-dot unique power: Always points to where the user needs to be in addition to magnetic north). Given to Damon as a "guidance tool" so he'll always go where he's needed.
    Godsknife - 2 (Spatha template, +1 Defense, -1 Speed). A weapon originially forged in Hephaestus' forges for a previous Scion of Hermes now long dead, given to Damon in hopes that it will serve him better than his predecessor.

Boons:
    Psychopomp 1 and 2 (Unerring Orientation, Where Are You?)
    Arete (Melee) 1

I've got a second Scion that I can work up if necessary. That one being a Scion of Odin, focusing on mental abilities and the Magic, Prophecy, and Mystery Purviews. I'll work that one up if we really need those things and nobody else takes them and the GM asks me to.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hey folks,

I'll post my sheet in a day or two. Planning a Scion of Vidar now.

I'm going to be a ruthless jerk :D

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    edited December 2007

It always makes me exceptionally nervous to hear a fellow player say that. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but can I assume that "ruthless jerk" isn't going to translate to "fuck you over at every turn because I can, nevermind if it breaks the game"?

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

It always makes me exceptionally nervous to hear a fellow player say that. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but can I assume that "ruthless jerk" isn't going to translate to "fuck you over at every turn because I can, nevermind if it breaks the game"?

Oh no oh god no.

I mean more of the cranky sort you wouldn't want to be sitting on a bus next to for 6 hours because he'll take your last piece of gum while you are asleep.
    And then tell you the three-year-old in the row next to you did it.
    Okay, maybe not the best example (Seeing as Vidar's purview is justice).

The type of character I have in mind is similar to Javier from les Miserables. He is interested in justice, but pursues it without feeling. He may incarcerate (or kill, depending on the circumstances) the father of four because he murdered someone in hot blood, without regard for the children's need to eat. However, he would also prosecute the man that takes a homeless man's last $5 to the fullest extend of the law. Justice guided by law, not by emotion.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    A'right, gotcha. *L* Sorry, I tend to have panicky flashbacks to my time in freeform chats where "a total asshole" equals "dude I eat babies and that makes me awesome" or "Yep, I'm bored, so it's time to go and kill a few more PCs..."

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    A'right, gotcha. *L* Sorry, I tend to have panicky flashbacks to my time in freeform chats where "a total asshole" equals "dude I eat babies and that makes me awesome" or "Yep, I'm bored, so it's time to go and kill a few more PCs..."

Understandable. I've played with people like that, and it always results in stupid games. I think the asshole thing stems from all of the "morality choice" videogames of late, wherte you're either God or Satan. Some people have forgotten about the middle ground, the guy you'd call to get a job done but wouldn't invite over for Thanksgiving. It's a fun territory as long as you respect that even "bad" people have scruples, and furthermore you are playing a game and people don't want to play with a guy who steals all the loot.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Just you be careful, or else I'll point my compass at you imperiously! Bwahaha!

...Sorry, no idea where that came from.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Okay, so this is my character sheet. I have absolutely no experience with this game, so I'd like whomever to give it a quick once-over to make sure things are alright.

I should have 8 bonus points left. I was thinking of dropping another point into legend, to make future stuff easier, but I'm not sure if that's the best place.

Ruthless Prosecuting lawyer
    Scion of Vidar
    Pantheon: Aesir
    Associated Powers: Epic Stamina, Epic Strength, Jotunblut, Justice
    Abilities: Awareness, Brawl, Fortitude, Investigation, Politics, Stealth
    Nature: Judge

Perception ****
    Intelligence ***(*)
    Wits ****

Charisma ***
    Manipulation ***
    Appearance ***

Strength **
    Dexterity **
    Stamina ***

Epic Stamina *
    --Knack: Solipsistic Well Being
    Epic Manipulation **
    --Knack: Blurt it Out
    --Knack: God's Honest
    Epic Wits *
    --Knack: Instant Investigator
    Epic Perception *
    --Knack: Subliminal Warning
    Epic Intelligence *
    --Knack: Know it all

Art (Bonsai) **
    -Awareness ***(*)
    -Brawl ***
    Command **
    Empathy **
    -Fortitude ***
    Integrity **
    -Investigation ***
    Marksmanship ***(*)
    -Politics **
    Presence **
    -Stealth ***(*)

Legend **(*)
    Legend points: 9

Willpower: 5

Boons:
    (Justice) Judgment *
    (Justice) Guilt Apparitions **
    (Death) Death Senses *

Birthrights:
    Ring ** (Purviews of Justice and Death)
    Gun *** (* - User can will it to fire silently, ** - Extra damage?)
    --Colt Python 6” +2 / +4L(+6L) / 20rng / clp6 / spd5 / P

Virtues:
    -Courage **
    -Endurance **
    -Loyalty **
    Vengeance ***

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Well, I have no experience either, but I had Reynolds help me make mine so I know a little bit.

I dunno about getting a 4th pt in legend, I remember reading that the higher your legend the higher chance you have of running into bigger guys more often. Not sure how that translates into game mechanics so I might just be spouting fluff at you.

I think abilities are 4pts each? Not too sure, that might be epic abilities, but I would say put a point into intelligence because most lawyers know what they're doing and have quite the store of knowledge, and then a point into either manipulation or charisma (depending on whether you are the nice guy lawyer who gets it done right, or the asshole who manipulates the witness into telling the side you want told).

Just my two cents.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Everything seems to add up to mine, except I have 8 more points in skills. So, I'd probably put your eight bonus points there...! Both Lardalish and I have Legend 3, so I think that's fine. Also, there's a typo in Willpower.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Great, thanks!

I'll update it over the next couple hours and have it up a bit later tonight.

Sorry for the confusion, I've only really had experience with d20 and this is... different. I'm psyched for this game, it seems like a much more interesting game than plain D&D.

Okay, I updated the sheet.

EDIT: Got some background info on my relics, now. I think they're pretty sweet. I'm working on my character info, too.
    The ring is a simple-looking bronze band. Vidar had it forged from a hair of Vali, his brother, who avenged their half-brother Baldr. The ring grants access to the Purviews of Justice and Death.

The revolver was forged by the Sons of Ivaldi, the dwarves who forged Gungnir. The most curious aspect of the pistol is it's handle: instead of wood, it has a thick leather wrap. The leather is a piece of Vidar's sandal; which he will use to kill Fenrisulfr and avenge his father Odin at Ragnarok. The pistol has two special abilities: it may fire silently, if the user wishes, and the bullets seem to instantly kill their prey (at least in the case of weak humans).

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Lardalish wrote: »
    I dunno about getting a 4th pt in legend, I remember reading that the higher your legend the higher chance you have of running into bigger guys more often. Not sure how that translates into game mechanics so I might just be spouting fluff at you.

Higher Legend=Your Life Is Fate's Bitch More Often.

Basically, the higher your Legend score, the more your Legend resonates with Fate and the more Fate takes a personal hand in making sure you live up to said Legend. Thus, a character with a Legend of 4 had damn well live up to his rep, or else he'll prolly get killed and take the rest of us with him. *L*

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Also you fatebind to people more often. And yes, it is an excuse for the DM to just drop shit on you. Bank Robbery featuring titanspawn? Fuck yeah, you got High Legend! And Krata is right, if you don't do what your legend says you should, you get Dice Penalties.

Anyway, more about the series.

I also have Tuesday night, Wednesday, Friday nights off. If you guys can work with those days then we can simply move the date to then. If not, then Reynolds, I'm sorry, but Saturday is the play date.

As is, we have one slot open. Any takers?

I reckon on starting the game the week of Jan 20th.

More details to whet your whistle. The main titan is Chthulu-esque. The villains have a secret plan to bring him fully into the world. Not the overworld. The WORLD. Needless to say, this would be bad. Any villain featuring tentacles is very bad.

Bringing him back will require 6 artifacts that combine to open the way for the villain. These artifacts have powers in and of themselves (demigod level powers. regardless of player power status). But using these powers has two drawbacks. Collateral damage (the powers are derived from pure Titanic evil and demonstrate this in their use. If you posses somebody's mind, their eyes will probably bleed, then they go mad and murder their friends and relatives after your release their mind). Also corruption. Use the artifacts too many times, and you become an NPC.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Then I suppose we'll need to get out there and get them first, won't we?

Wonder if one of Daddy's friends Up There knows how to break them without exploding the universe...

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Goddamn. One slot open, and I must admit that I'm very, very, very interested in this game, but at the moment I have literally no money to pick up the book(we just need Hero at this point, correct?) so if it's okay, I'd like to drop a 'reserved' onto this slot. If my schedule works out, I desperately want in on this. I'm thinking maybe a Scion of Susano-o, probably based around speed and agility with some martial arts or something similar.

I can get back to you in a week or so on my status of getting the book, if that's cool. I am familiar with the ST system, just not Scion.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rchanen wrote: »
    Also you fatebind to people more often. And yes, it is an excuse for the DM to just drop shit on you. Bank Robbery featuring titanspawn? Fuck yeah, you got High Legend! And Krata is right, if you don't do what your legend says you should, you get Dice Penalties.

Anyway, more about the series.

I also have Tuesday night, Wednesday, Friday nights off. If you guys can work with those days then we can simply move the date to then. If not, then Reynolds, I'm sorry, but Saturday is the play date.

As is, we have one slot open. Any takers?

I reckon on starting the game the week of Jan 20th.

More details to whet your whistle. The main titan is Chthulu-esque. The villains have a secret plan to bring him fully into the world. Not the overworld. The WORLD. Needless to say, this would be bad. Any villain featuring tentacles is very bad.

Bringing him back will require 6 artifacts that combine to open the way for the villain. These artifacts have powers in and of themselves (demigod level powers. regardless of player power status). But using these powers has two drawbacks. Collateral damage (the powers are derived from pure Titanic evil and demonstrate this in their use. If you posses somebody's mind, their eyes will probably bleed, then they go mad and murder their friends and relatives after your release their mind). Also corruption. Use the artifacts too many times, and you become an NPC.

Wednesdays are pretty good for me, actually. I work for part of the night, and I can handle a chat convo real easy there. I'd prefer it to Saturday so I have Saturday night free for whatever stuff my friends my be doing.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian

• Options
    edited January 2008
    Okay, I got my hands on the actual book today, and I'm sort of drooling/fantasizing over it like I do with every WW book...

But I'm choking on character-ness. I had a basic idea for what I wanted to do, some sort of super-athletic character with Epic Dexterity and high Thrown skills, but...

Wait, I could probably roll a good Scion of Thor with this. Hrmmm-de-durm.

Okay, I'll probably have the char sheet ready by tomorrow/wednesday. Cool?

(also, is there anything you DON'T want me to do?)

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    So, I thought I had my schedule worked out for this semester but a wrench got tossed in and now I have pretty much all night classes. This kinda limits me to weekends unless we wanna have late games, which I could do but not many people enjoy that. Basically I will gladly drop if Im the only one with a schedule conflict.

So yeah, sorry guys, it would be nice if I could play but don't try to fit it to my schedule. If it works, awesome, if not, oh well.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Hey folks, can you guys should out your acceptable days for IRC roleplay?

For me its Tues, Weds, Fri, Sat.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm good on wednesday, thursday, and friday evenings. Anything else is subject to my managers demented scheduling practices.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    For IRC... i can be here most f the time if I've got warning. There may be weeks where Wednesday or Tuesday night might not work, and Thursday nights I may be distracted from time to time, but given warning, I'll be there.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    EDIT: Yeah, so I decided to start work on a whole new char... mostly new. We'll see how it works out.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    How'd you manage nine epic attributes?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    How'd you manage nine epic attributes?

jhe only took one Boon.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well, boons suck anyway. So that's cool.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, I honestly couldn't think of any boons I liked particularly much, so I decided to load up on Epics...

Especially since I can only take the cruddy level-1 Boons, since I didn't want to buff my Legend. I was thinking of not taking the second Epic dot in Charisma or my Epic Stamina dot, but I simply can't decide on any level-1 Boons.

...suggestions are welcome, though.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh, heck, i hadn't noticed that you hadn't buffed your Legend.

If your Legend is 2, you can't have Epics higher than 1 either.

EDIT: Also, Vigil Brand (Guardian 1) is more useful than it might originally seem, considering that you can use it to ascertain the location and condition of anybody you've ever branded. which means you could brand each of us, and thus know if any of us got into trouble automatically AND possibly determine the situation and come running.

Jotunblut 1 is similarly useful for bringing in animal companions who're utterly loyal to you. Trust me, the boons turn out to be more useful than they might seem unless the game is nothing but constant unremitting combat.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Well, yes, it COULD be useful. However, given that my character is a bit of a free spirit, she might balk at 'branding' other people.

I can see it as something she'd take later, when her character actually develops, but as it is it would just sit around and be meaningless.

(I'd need something for the guardian purview anyways. Meh, I need to get these relics worked out, not to mention a propah character history)

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    All things considered though, you really should look more closely at Boons. They might not seem as powerful as getting 4 automatic successes to damage rolls, but honestly, if that's all a character takes, they're going to be fairly useless outside of combat. Y'know?

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I would be really really interested in a game of Scion, but my work schedule is being all kindsa screwy right now, and only more likely to get more screwy in the near future. The way it looks, I'll have Thursday and Sundays all day available. But that doesn't help anybody there.

Although, I will offer my Scion of Apollo as a Walk-in NPC or random person to the ST if she's needed.

Damn, why does the phone company always fuck up my social life. Stupid having to work for pictures of dead people.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    ...Heh, I only just realized that legends have the same dot restriction as boons.

Woo, time for restructuring that sheet.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Okay, so a quick list of changes here:

I cut out all the level 2 epic attributes and knacks, dropped Brawl and Melee down by one point each in exchange for 2 dots in Medicine, and took the level 1 boons of Health, Chaos, and Death.

Now, back to writing up her damned backstory.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    All things considered, are you sure you want a child of Thor?

Your character is seeming more appropriate to a Scion of a more generalistic deity than Big Dumb Thor. If you're going to be focusing on Dex over Strength, and you'renot taking but a single Boon from Thor's list, you might seriously want to consider switching daddies.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Curse your insightful insights into my character sheet! Now I have to scrap it all and start over again... sorta.

Tezcatlipoca actually looks like he'll work far better than Thor. Now, to work!
    Not actually angry, feedback is most excellent.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rchanen wrote: »
    Hey folks, can you guys should out your acceptable days for IRC roleplay?

For me its Tues, Weds, Fri, Sat.

I think Wed would be the best day for me. But I can *see* about getting a day off if I know about it in advance. But Tue is when new movies come out at the store, and Fri and Sat are less likely for obvious reasons.

Just give me some warning once everyone else has a good day and I'll see what I can do.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wed is best for me. I'll try to do a character soon.

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, I can do Wednesdays too.

...which I already said, but they're also probably the most convenient night out of all my available nights.

Rainfall on