Options

Pregame: Scion Game Starting this Wednesday: 2 Slots Open and a lot of evil to fight.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Alright, so I got my rewritten sheet all done up, and I rather like it. Comments welcome!

Sheet:
    Name: Tierra Elcuda
    Player: Rainfall
    Calling: Parkour rebel
    Nature: Rebel
    Pantheon: Atzlanti
    God: Tezcatlipoca

Strength: 2/1 Holy Bound
    Dexterity: 5/1 Cat’s Grace
    Stamina: 2
    Charisma: 4/1 Benefit of the Doubt
    Manipulation: 3/1 God’s Honest
    Appearance: 4/1 Come Hither
    Perception: 3/1 Unfailing Recognition
    Intelligence: 2
    Wits: 3

(x)Athletics: 5
    Awareness: 3
    (x)Brawl: 2
    Command: 1
    Empathy: 1
    (x)Fortitude: 1
    Investigation: 2
    Larceny: 4
    Melee: 3
    (x)Occult: 2
    (x)Presence: 5
    (x)Stealth: 4
    Thrown: 3

Conviction: 1
    Expression: 3
    Loyalty: 3
    Courage: 2

Prophecy 1
    Maguey Sting
    Night Eyes
    Eye of the Storm

Legend: 2
    Willpower: 6
    Soak: 2B/1L
    Join Battle: 6
    Move 5/Dash 12/Jump Vert 16/Horiz 32

Birthrights:
    The Smoking Mirror (oooo)

Tierra was granted a small obsidian hand-mirror inlaid with gold and turquoise glyphs from her father, which grants access to the Prophecy, Chaos, and Darkness Purviews. Also, if she spills blood on the mirror, she can use it to contact her Guide, Ocemiztli.

Guide (oooo)

Tezcatlipoca bound the Jaguar-spirit Ocemiztli to Tierra, and she may contact it by shedding blood on the obsidian surface of the mirror, which immediately reflects the face of the spirit. The jaguar-spirit has aided Tezcatlipoca in many battles, and is quite knowledgeable in the ways of the Titans and their spawn.

Charactery stuff
    Inventory: Tierra possesses a wide array of knives, some balanced for throwing, others for close combat. She also has a full set of obsidian and turquoise jewelry, given to her by her father on various occasions, which she always wears. Most of her other physical possessions are completely transient, and she replaces them as she walks through life without batting an eyelash.

Appearance: Tierra is a natural-born rebel, and nobody can look at her without noticing that, although she is undeniably beautiful. Her glossy black hair is cut short and ragged, jaggedly framing her perfectly-proportioned face and her dark green eyes. Her skin is a light brown shade, perfectly smooth. She has several ear piercings, a lip ring, nose stud and navel piercing, as well as a few others in less visible locations. Tall and slender, she tends to dress in tight tops and loose slacks, clothing which lets her engage in her favored activity of Parkour with minimal interference from her attire.

History: Tierra grew up in Mexico City and enjoyed a surprisingly close relationship with her father, as he showed up frequently to visit her mother and her, showering them with gifts as he saw fit. However, in part due to her parents taking such a great part in her life, she rebelled against any and all authorities as she reached her teenage years, skipping out on school and instead running through the city, exploring her physical capacities. She joined one of the street gangs of the city, learned to fight, steal, and hide from the authorities, and her prowess with knives quickly gained her a reputation as one of the more dangerous people in the city.

When she was seventeen, her father revealed his divinity to her, and gifted her with the Smoking Mirror and the Jaguar Spirit Ocemiztli as a spirit-companion. He told her of the war in the Overworld, and that she must find others like herself and fight against the Titanspawn that threatened to overwhelm the worlds and rule them for all eternity. Saying her goodbyes to her mother and her gang, she left to fight a war.

Personality: Tierra is a rebel, and will fiercely fight against any authority that tries to stand in her way or the way of her friends. She is fiercely loyal, but to anyone outside of her exclusive circles, she simply doesn’t care about them, and will use and manipulate them to her own ends with no worries or care. She is young, but has been exposed to the harsher elements of the world, more so than most people. As such, she tends to act like she knows better than most around her. In short, she acts like a typical teenager.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I like 'er.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I always love freerunning. That character gives me a little FWTD feeling.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, freerunning/parkour is something I've always been a fan of... and Scions would be so good at it. I'm rather happy with her.

Also, I managed to acquire Demigod the other day, and good lord, but Epic Strength 7 is madness. 22 extra successes? 650 tons of weight without a roll? Yes please!

The rest of the book is equally brilliant.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Okay, so I've gotten 4 responses and all indicate Wednesday is a good day to play. Still need 2 more responses to complete the group.

Game will probably not be held this upcoming week.

I am officially throwing the Game Semi-Open.

I am going to wait 2 weeks.

Whoever responds in that time with a character and their schedule and whose schedule works with the rest of us, (looking like Wednesday) is in. We have 2 openings.

Preference will be given to people who have already been in this thread and signing up for the game. But if they don't respond, we just can't wait forever. Sorry guys. But I am planning on hosting more IRC games, maybe WOD, maybe Exalted (after Dreams of the First Age and Abyssals gets out). So feel free to apply for those, It will be fun to take you on.

At least this gives me more time to learn IRC. Gorram complicated thing.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    For your sake, don't hold a WoD game from here.

Everyone who has tried has vanished into nothingness.

Just look at the poor, poor Changeling thread. *sniffles*

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rchanen wrote: »
    Okay, so I've gotten 4 responses and all indicate Wednesday is a good day to play. Still need 2 more responses to complete the group.

Whoever responds in that time with a character and their schedule and whose schedule works with the rest of us, (looking like Wednesday) is in. We have 2 openings.

Preference will be given to people who have already been in this thread and signing up for the game. But if they don't respond, we just can't wait forever. Sorry guys. But I am planning on hosting more IRC games, maybe WOD, maybe Exalted (after Dreams of the First Age and Abyssals gets out). So feel free to apply for those, It will be fun to take you on.

I can play on Wednesdays, most weeks. Give me a time, I will make myself available. Best times are between 4 PM and 4 AM pretty much every day, although this may change to 12 PM-2AM or somesuch soon, although I do occasionally choose to spend an odd day offline with my girlfriend. But in any case, if a game is scheduled, I will simply not choose to spend that day offline, but instead, will be here.

Also, Rchanen, I need to know whether you're okay with Walker, or whether you think I should add my Mystery/Prophecy based Odinite to the game instead. I can go either way.

EDIT: One last thing. If you run Exalted, and you let me play, I will have your babies, despite being both male and creeped out by mpreg.

Rainfall wrote: »

I miss my WoD games. My WodSquad is woefully understaffed lately.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    We managed to run exactly one game of Vampire. That was sorta fun. Then it turned into me running nWoD somehow. But, hey, I'd be up to play Exalted sometime too. I need to get some experience with it. Sorta like how this will help me get some knowledge for later use as well.

So yeah. Not the coming Wed, but the next? What time (I'm Central)? You've got my character. Do I need to post more details here? Are we going to all already be in one of those groups together? Do we get to come up with a cool name for it? Are we going to make another thread, or just update the OP of this one?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Are we going to all already be in one of those groups together? Do we get to come up with a cool name for it?

I humbly submit the name, "Seekers of the Just", or "Justseekers." But that's just one idea, and it sounds like something the Vidar-Scion might suggest.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I might end up running an Exalted game in the near future, actually, since the group I was planning to run a kickass piratey-epic campaign in the West might end up wanting to play World of Darkness or Scion instead. If I don't get it running though I would love to play Exalted with you guys. I needs me more fantasy badassery.

Regardless, Seekers of the Just sounds silly. Wouldn't Seekers of the UNjust make more sense? I mean it's not like we're hunting out just people, right?
    If you're working for the titans I'm going to cut out your heart and sacrifice it to daddy.
    He likes that.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I might end up running an Exalted game in the near future, actually, since the group I was planning to run a kickass piratey-epic campaign in the West might end up wanting to play World of Darkness or Scion instead. If I don't get it running though I would love to play Exalted with you guys. I needs me more fantasy badassery.

Regardless, Seekers of the Just sounds silly. Wouldn't Seekers of the UNjust make more sense? I mean it's not like we're hunting out just people, right?
    If you're working for the titans I'm going to cut out your heart and sacrifice it to daddy.
    He likes that.

I offer you babies as well, if you run it, I swear.

Also, you're riught about it sounding silly. Hm.

Maybe "Entropy Hunters" or "Deathbreakers" or "The Mighty Mailed Mitt of Merciless Miclantehcuhtli"?

Yeah, I'm reaching.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm absolutely horrible with group names. How about... Team Scion?
    Yeah, that's awful too.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Quest to recover something important for Poseidon format. Titan spawn and globe-hopping with some non-quest related adventures thrown in. Titans will have a Lovecraft feel to them. Probably lead up to some Scion v Titan action.

Let me brainstorm a few ideas, from this statement in the OP. Hmmm...

Waterworks
    Around the World in 80 Slays
    Tentacle Bane
    Hack and Slash of the Titans

I can keep doing this all night.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Quest to recover something important for Poseidon format. Titan spawn and globe-hopping with some non-quest related adventures thrown in. Titans will have a Lovecraft feel to them. Probably lead up to some Scion v Titan action.

Let me brainstorm a few ideas, from this statement in the OP. Hmmm...

Waterworks
    Around the World in 80 Slays
    Tentacle Bane
    Hack and Slash of the Titans

I can keep doing this all night.

Actually, something like Trident's Fist might work.

Although I feel compelled, what with the Posieden focus, to make jokes about horses and their nether parts. I am restraining those urges.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Tridental Technicians?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Tridental Technicians?

Okay, fine. Lovers of the Horse. Happy? *L*

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Yeah, I can't make that. Oh well, good luck guys!

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Maybe you should change the thread title to attract more people? I'm SO pumped for this.

I can't wait for God... only 3 more days!

A name for our Band, though... maybe we should wait until we actually figure out who the leader is going to be? Or maybe it could be something like 'The seekers of the (x artifact Poseidon wants)'?

Meh, I'm bad with organization names.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this, but I'm not sure if Ocemiztli would work better as a Guide or as a Creature. I dunno. Thoughts?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Maybe you should change the thread title to attract more people? I'm SO pumped for this.

I can't wait for God... only 3 more days!

A name for our Band, though... maybe we should wait until we actually figure out who the leader is going to be? Or maybe it could be something like 'The seekers of the (x artifact Poseidon wants)'?

Meh, I'm bad with organization names.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this, but I'm not sure if Ocemiztli would work better as a Guide or as a Creature. I dunno. Thoughts?

Well, as a Guide, it will likely be more of a "spirit guide", whereas as a Creature, you can call it up out of your mirror to help you kill things sometimes.

So it basically depends on which of those two roles you want it for.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If there's still room, I would be highly interested in playing. Although my work schedule is a bit rocky at the moments, I'll do my best to make it work.

Either way, I'll still follow the game while it's going on, even if I'm not playing.....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    As far as I am aware, there's either one or two slots left... and if you can make it Wednesday evenings it should be fine.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'll fix my schedule so that I can, if need be....

how late wed nights? *L*

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    That, I'm not sure on. I know that at the moment my schedule is fixed to let me be available no earlier than 5 PM MST, but I can change that around if I want.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    stupid time zones!!! I hate having to add and subtract..... that would be..... 7pm for me. Yeah, the absolute latest that i will be online (if our office hours don't change again) is going to be 11pm EST..... But I might be around anytime from 9-11......

it's confusing, and i'm tired.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I am still interested, and I will attempt to make a character tomorrow or Thursday.

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    stupid time zones!!! I hate having to add and subtract..... that would be..... 7pm for me. Yeah, the absolute latest that i will be online (if our office hours don't change again) is going to be 11pm EST..... But I might be around anytime from 9-11......

it's confusing, and i'm tired.

I feel the need to mention that Ahava means the latest she will come online is 11 PM EST, but many nights she may remain online significantly later.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    actually... I'm gonna have to drop my request. while still interested, they're screwing around with me at work, and so my schedules are going to be changing AGAIN *stab stab*... so I won't be around much to play....

as much as I want to

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Okay so with me, Krata, Cytorak, Reynolds, and JerikTelorian... is there anyone I'm missing? Looks like one spot is open.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    So, to check...nothing going on tomorrow? But next Wed instead? What time?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    So, to check...nothing going on tomorrow? But next Wed instead? What time?

Actually Wed after that. Grand start date: 2/6/08.

I am shooting for after 5 pm CST but I have the whole day off.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I can play on Wednesdays, most weeks. Give me a time, I will make myself available. Best times are between 4 PM and 4 AM pretty much every day, although this may change to 12 PM-2AM or somesuch soon, although I do occasionally choose to spend an odd day offline with my girlfriend. But in any case, if a game is scheduled, I will simply not choose to spend that day offline, but instead, will be here.

Also, Rchanen, I need to know whether you're okay with Walker, or whether you think I should add my Mystery/Prophecy based Odinite to the game instead. I can go either way.

EDIT: One last thing. If you run Exalted, and you let me play, I will have your babies, despite being both male and creeped out by mpreg.

I miss my WoD games. My WodSquad is woefully understaffed lately.

Considering the balance I have seen, I'd encourage the Odinite.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Odinite it is. Olin Olson is his name.

Now, I've got the Demigod book, and it specifically notes that any Knacks from it that do not have Prerequisites listed can be taken for the first three dots of Epic Attributes as well. I hope it's all right that I did so for a couple of them. They seemed appropriate.

Olin's done now. I'll give you his sheet here now. I do a lot of sheets in Word, so it may not be perfectly clean, but it seems readable upon preview.
    Name: Olin Olson Calling: Seeker Pantheon: Aesir
    Player: Krata Nature: Survivor God: Odin

Abilities
    Physical Social Mental
    Strength: 3/- Charisma: 2/- * Perception: 3/1 *
    Dexterity: 3/- Manipulation: 3/2 * Intelligence: 5/1 *
    Stamina: 4/1 * Appearance: 2/- Wits: 4/1 *

Abilities
    Academics 2 Craft - Melee 3
    Animal Ken - Empathy - *Occult 4
    *Art - *Fortitude 4 Politics -
    Athletics 3 *Integrity 2 *Presence 2
    Awareness 2 *Investigation 3 Science 1
    Brawl - Larceny - Stealth -
    Command 2 Marksmanship - Survival 2
    Control - Car 2 Medicine - Thrown -

Birthrights Weapons
    - Rune-bag 3 - The Spear of Insight (Acc +3, +3L, Def 0, Speed 5)
    - Spear of Insight 3 -
    - -
    - -
    - -

Knacks Boons
    - Body Armor - Prophecy 1
    - Blurt it Out - Mystery 1
    - God’s Honest - Death 1
    - Spatial Attunement - War 1
    - Perfect Memory
    - Monkey in the Middle

Virtues Combat
    Courage 3 Soak 4B/2L
    Endurance 3 Armor
    Expression 1 Health 0/-1x2/-2x2/-4/Incap
    Loyalty 2 Willpower 7

Legend 3 Dodge DV: 4
    Legend Points 9 Parry DV: 3 (Spear of Insight)
    Unarmed DV: 2 (light)/1 (heavy)
    XP -

Bonus Points:

Notes
    Birthrights
    Rune-bag 3: This bag contains several etched runes that can the thrown onto a surface and read, or otherwise used similarly, and allows access to the purviews of Death, Mystery, and Prophecy.

The Spear of Insight 3: This long spear has pieces of the rope Odin hung himself with in ancient days woven into the grips. It allows access to the War purview, and seems to unerringly see through an opponent’s defenses in combat (+2 Accuracy, already noted above).

Boons
    Death Senses: Olin can perceive ghosts even when they are not manifested. In addition, he can tell from the body of a deceased what killed them, in a general sense (ie, poison, but not specific poison, or suffocation, but not whether they were hung by the next or strangled). No cost, no roll.

Blessing of Bravery: Olin can bless his allies before a combat, granting them an extra Willpower point and two temporary dots of Valor until the battle ends. No cost, roll Charisma+Command.

Mystery: Roll Int+Mystery, ask one question of ST per success that must be answered honestly. Useable only once per story unless failed, in which case can attempt again. If botched, cannot attempt again.

Prophecy: Roll Int+Prophecy, ST must reveal hints of the future. More successes equal more information. Can reroll if failed, cannot retry if successful or botched.

Knacks
    Blurt it Out: Spend 1 Legend, maneuver conversation towards something subject doesn’t want to say, and then they must either succeed on a WP+Integrity+Legend roll at Difficulty of Epic Manipulation +1 (and spend a WPP) or speak it aloud.

Body Armor: Can parry Lethal attacks unarmed. If spends 1 Legend, ichor wells up from Olin’s pores and protects him as armor, from which he gains Bashing and Lethal soak equal to Legend, added to any other armor he may already be wearing, and providing only a -1 Mobility Penalty.

God’s Honest: Olin can perform some gesture of sincerity, and spend 1 Legend. He can then convince someone of a single fact as truth, no matter how untrue. Only solid incontrovertible proof can alter this conviction, and should Olin actually be telling the truth, no mortal force can convince his target otherwise, no matter how well faked the evidence to the contrary.

Monkey in the Middle: Olin takes no penalties for coordinated attacks nor does he suffer from an onslaught penalty.

Perfect Memory: Olin has an utterly perfect memory at all times. Thus, the ST must remind me of any pertinent information that I have forgotten.

Spatial Attunement: Olin can hear and smell as well as he can see. Also, with a quick glance around him, he can then use those senses to navigate blindly through a darkened room, even a milling crowd, etc. No penalties for fighting blind, and sense work in a 360* arc.

I'm still writing his history, by the way, so that's forthcoming.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What do we have now as far as Pantheon coverage and/or skill sets? From skimming this thread, I have the pantheon count at 2 Norse, 1 Loa, and 1 Aztec-whatchamacalit. Is that correct?

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    cytorak wrote: »
    What do we have now as far as Pantheon coverage and/or skill sets?

I'm running an Aesir son of Odin, skill set is pretty much revolving around brains directing focused applications of brawn. He's the mystic and scholar of the crew, it seems, but he's also not going to be useless in combat, 'cuz that's sheer suicide (and not much fun in combat). *L*

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm a politician/criminal. Redundant, I know.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    My Scion of Tezcatlipoca is more focused on athletics and getting around/into places than direct combat, but she can certainly hold her own... she's also got a decent bit of social power. Fairly well-rounded, actually, although possibly not the brightest Scion of the bunch.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah I think Lardalish had a combat focused Hutzetecopali (sp?) character.

Oh, I just wanted to let you know that I just ordered Scion: God from Amazon.com

Just wanted to let that marinate in your brains for a while.

And as for time period is 5 pm CST good for people? Bad, indifferent?

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I think five is fine. Maybe a little early, though. Unless you plan on some really long sessions.

I've got high ranks in Dex, Man, and App. Along with Marksmanship, Larceny, Presence, and Politics. And I've got a really cool dog, but I've never heard back from the GM about him. I had a cool name picked out, too, but I can't remember it at the moment.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    5 PM CST is cool with me. I'll be there (unless the unforseen arises, naturally).

If the group's dynamics need me to tweak Olin in some way, I'll do so. Olin's primary combat skills lack any major heavy-hitting power. He's got a spear that'll do all of six dice of damage plus extra attack successes with eight dice to roll to-hit. his DVs aren't great. In short, he's not a combat-focused character, so if the group is really lacking in that area, let me know and I'll shift some things around.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    5 CST is a liiittle too early for me, since I'm only available after 5 MST, which as far as I understand it is an hour later. Perhaps 6:30 CST?

Also, I plan on picking up Scion: God as soon as it's available locally. I want it SO much!

Rainfall on