Options

Pregame: Scion Game Starting this Wednesday: 2 Slots Open and a lot of evil to fight.

1235

Posts

  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Well as I was thinking about it, she's more of a home-level character. There' a lot of stuff in the Loa section about how they're happy if one household, one town is running smoothly. So she's more concerned with taking care of lots and lots of minor threats, instead of one powerful threat. If that makes sense.

    Oh, I underestand.

    I'm just saying that we're going to be getting into some seriously deep shit as time goes on, so blowing all your Relic load on a gun that's going to be tossed in the trunk a few sessions down the line might not be thebest way to handle it. *L*

    On the other hand, if you don't terribly mind, and think you can get something better later, go for it.

    KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well, we'll just have to find someone that makes magical bullets. And even if I can't do any damage, using trick shots I can continuously disarm or slow them down. ;p

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    First session log, courtesy of me. We need more people, badly.
    (6:07:22 PM) ST: The sun is shining bright in Missouri as the rays bounce off the Marble facade of the Scottrade center.
    (6:08:18 PM) ST: Sure one side of the building looks like your standard Arena, but the main event today is an archaelogical conference being held in the side of the building that looks like an old government office.
    (6:09:13 PM) ST: Its all marble columns, facades and square little windows that let light into oak paneled offices. The kind of offices with leather chairs and behinds that rarely get off them.
    (6:10:54 PM) ST: Its an open conference, but the cops acting as security here obviously know their business, they are keeping an eye on the crowd coming in and while there are no metal detectors in evidence, they don't look like the kind of cops that would tolerate trouble.
    (6:11:47 PM) Olin: Olin was tired. Oh Christ was he tired. But he'd come a long way to see this exhibit. He'd been doing the Allbastard's Will for weeks. It was time for a vacation. And so when he'd heard that there was am archealogical conference in St louis, he took it as providence and took off. Naturally he didn't bother letting anyone know where he was going. Let the bloody ravens work for a change...
    (6:13:09 PM) Olin: He hated leaving the spear he habitually carried, the weapon his father, cursed be his one-eyed name, had gifted to him, in the trunk of his car, where it was currently safely stowed. It wasn't as if he could get it into the place anyway... it was not easy, hiding a spear.
    (6:13:40 PM) ST: From inside the center, Olin heard a loud voice practically yelling "It should not be possible. Simple not possible"
    (6:13:43 PM) ***Tierra stepped off the tour bus, stretching in the open air as she looked up at the ornate facing of the building. Her trip had been a long one, but when she had asked Prophecy where to go, it had said here. Her spirit guide, Ocemiztli, had agreed with Prophecy, and hey, there's no good reason to argue against your own personal spirit-jaguar. So, a border crossing and day-long bus ride later, and she was here.
    (6:14:09 PM) Olin: On the other hand, his simple rune-bag was secure in his pocket as he approached the building, so he was not entirely helpless. His head snapped up at hearing the voice, though... a habitual reaction, and he turned his hears to it, to listen in. Trouble?
    (6:15:23 PM) ST: "I don't bloody well care what the providence or the historical records say happened, I damn well know my own field and what this is saying is simply not possible"
    (6:15:30 PM) Tierra: The knives inside her coat would probably cause some problems if the security caught her with them, but before she had time to worry about that she heard the shouting from inside. She tucked her mirror inside a pocket, and casually strolled towards the entrance.
    (6:17:56 PM) LeRoux: ACTION was stopped at the entrance to the Arena. As usual. One doesn't simply walk into an event like this with a Doberman Pinscher in tow, even if he is of obvious show breeding and disposistion. But she had the correct papers...what good was it working for the state if you couldn't slip through a few loopholes and get your beast liscenced as a service animal. That got him in almost anywhere. The other members of the board had nomina
    (6:19:16 PM) ***LeRoux <The other members of the board had nominated her to travel here, but she couldn't think of leaving him behind. She was only vaugely interested in the conference...dusty statues and such weren't going to fix the problems at home. Everything was going to be behind when she returned. Well, she was the most travelled person on the board. Most of them had never left Idaho, much less travelled cross-country to wind up there...>
    (6:20:26 PM) ST: The source of the argument is a tall, lanky Britishman with spectacles and thinning even balding hair.
    (6:21:22 PM) ***LeRoux wonders if they really think she can somehow convince these people to bring this collection to their local museum. It wasn't likely, but...they'd paid for the trip, and she was very persuasive...
    (6:21:45 PM) ST: He is talking to a small group of people who practically scream "Academics." They almost fit the stereo type. Tweed suits, Leather patches, the occasional pipe, and that look that says
    (6:22:26 PM) ST: 'Your only interesting if you've been dead at least two hundred years, dug up, reburied, lost, found, stolen, and then recoved at great expense in Brussels"
    (6:22:49 PM) ***Olin always made it a point to get to the bottom of things, because it made life more interesting. He smiled as he approached the Brit, cocking his head and listening in. He'd listen long enough to figure out what they were talking about before he butted in.
    (6:24:00 PM) ***Tierra rolls her eyes, browsing among the statues and waiting for any sort of trouble. 'Wow. Some of this stuff is really old.'
    (6:25:02 PM) LeRoux: roll 5#d10 (+1)
    (6:25:03 PM) dicebot: LeRoux rolled --> 4, 8, 9, 3, 2
    (6:25:11 PM) Tierra: roll 5#d10
    (6:25:11 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 3, 5, 3, 4, 10
    (6:25:30 PM) Olin: roll 6#d10 (plus two successes)
    (6:25:31 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 7
    (6:29:39 PM) ST: Olin's eyes are drawn to both the group of academics and what they are looking at.
    (6:30:44 PM) ST: The item is an old piece of statuary, looking a lot like a birdbath, but with weird circular carvings and motifs all along the outside and inside of the bowl.
    (6:31:08 PM) ST: The stand itself is carved in intracate detail to look like a city composed out of well... flesh
    (6:32:04 PM) ST: The group of academics is mostly unremarkable. Normal looking professors, the tall argumentative, balding British fellow, and a man at the back.
    (6:32:07 PM) ***LeRoux was wearing one of her nicest business outfits for this, a red dress-suit with a rather short skirt, and white trim and shirt under the jacket. With matching leash and collar for her pet, of course. She was already prepared for the stares her looks, her dress, and her dog would draw.
    (6:32:10 PM) ***Olin finds that... disturbingly fascinating. He approaches the object, staring at it intently, his enhanced senses easily making out even minute details on the object. Fascinating... but really kind of twisted, too.
    (6:32:23 PM) ST: He is dressed like a professor, but he seems, well a little slimy.
    (6:32:31 PM) ***Olin spoke up. "What's so impossible about it?"
    (6:33:10 PM) ST: Massive skin problems slimy, like it would take a week under the Sun that Olin just left to dry the guy out.
    (6:33:31 PM) Olin: Eww.
    (6:33:32 PM) ***Tierra gravitates to the argument, amused by all the fuss the professors are raising. After a quick glance over the rest of the floor, it also looks like the only interesting thing that's happening on the floor.
    (6:33:59 PM) ST: And his eyes are bulging and slightly... well whiter than they should be.
    (6:34:11 PM) ***LeRoux did her best to ignore the dog as he leans towards the commotion. She either didn't notice, or didn't care. She was busy making sure she seemed charming, smiling to anyone that stopped to gawk at her, or awkwardly start a conversation.
    (6:34:26 PM) ***Olin is not dressed at all like an academic, but rather, in significantly more casual clothes. not quite leather jackets or the like, just simple slacks and a tee shirt, with a light jacket because, after all, it's winter. ALso, it gives him more pockets.
    (6:34:54 PM) ST: The room your in is roughly 20 yards by 10 yards and along the walls and on stands spaced around the room are elements of the collection on display today.
    (6:36:39 PM) ***Tierra looks at the statue, curious as to what all the fuss is about. After a moment of investigation, she shrugs her shoulders and turns back to the more interesting objects inside cases and on stands. Some of them look pretty valuable, come to think of it.
    (6:36:57 PM) ST: The British Academic responds "What is odd young man, is that according to the records left by Count Villeseppe, this item was found, or was originally located, in the northern part of the Euphrates valley."
    (6:37:27 PM) ST: "And that does indeed match the style of the object"
    (6:38:11 PM) ST: "The problem is, that there were no digs, no recoveries, no damn excavation or looting at all, in that area, at the time the Count received the item"
    (6:38:50 PM) ST: "Recent archaeologists have found the area completely untouched.
    (6:39:49 PM) Olin: Olin glanced up at the academic, merely blinking. "Then either it wasn't excavated and it was just found, or somebody's lying somewhere." Olin leaned in to peer at the thing again, muttering "impossible. Bah. Like there's any such thing."
    (6:40:35 PM) ***LeRoux began a slow circle of the main room, listening in to the more relaxed conversation to attempt to locate the person running the show. She'd been given their name, but needed to match it to a face.
    (6:41:41 PM) ***Tierra peers closely at a small statue, reaching forwards to brush a bit of dust off of it.
    (6:42:06 PM) ST: "Hell, I've been there and I've seen records from others who have been there and it's like nothing has touched the caves in the At Ta' Mim ridgeline since the days of old, old Babylon."
    (6:43:55 PM) ***Tierra gently bumps the statue, waiting to see if security will react at all.
    (6:43:59 PM) ***Olin glanced at the man again, and flashed a toothy grin. "Then, obviously, mister, either something has been there and you're wrong, or you're right and this came from somewhere else." He stood up and looked at the man then, really looked at him. "Take your pick." Oh god. eww.
    (6:44:27 PM) ST: "This is the style of those early Babylonians and it damn well fits the area, but how the hell he got a piece of their furniture when Archaelogy is just beginning to look at the area is just impossible"
    (6:45:03 PM) ST: "And what the hell interest would a 16th Century Venetian count have in Bablyonian artifacts anyway?"
    (6:46:08 PM) ST: A large cop comes up behind Tierra and says "Mam, please don't touch the objects or we will be forced to eject your from the premises."
    (6:46:32 PM) ST: "Mrs. LeRoux?"
    (6:47:37 PM) ***Tierra looks at the cop, blinking innocently. 'I'm sorry, I was just trying to get a closer look. I'll be more careful.' She smiles cheerfully and then walks away, swearing under her breath.
    (6:47:48 PM) ***Olin shrugged. "You'd have to ask him." Olin cocked his head at the man. Slimy. Hmm... "By the by, I am Olin. And you are...?" Best to get that out of the way, just in case.
    (6:48:24 PM) ST: A fat woman with more than a little Jack Daniels on her breath walks steadily over to LeRoux and "Says, Darling How Good to see you here! How is every little old thing?
    (6:50:59 PM) ST: "Tell me how you've been child"
    (6:52:32 PM) ST: "How do you like our little exhibition? It took me weeks to set the whole thing up! But it was worth it. Just look at that stuffy Brit. He's been moaning all day about some of our finds, just wants them for himself!"
    (6:56:25 PM) ***LeRoux gives her best smile to the woman. Well, this wasn't going to be pleasant. Already in the bottle, at this time of day? "Be doin' okay, ma'am. How you be? Dis is...quite the show, I admit." Well, she had to say something. "So he be wantin' it all to go back ta some stuffy library ta be studied ev'ry day?" She tsked. "I and I got a better place for dat piece'a histry."
    (6:57:28 PM) ***LeRoux gave a tug on her leash to try and calm that large dog as he started to growl. "...and he usually be so well behaved." She tried to remember the lady's name, as she quickly worked up a speech to sell her on that backwater museum she needed to get this exhibit to.
    (6:59:45 PM) ST: "Oh my heavens, isn't he just the little bodyguard. I'm sure you appreciate him on the long dark nights."
    (7:01:21 PM) ***Tierra sighed. Security was uptight, like they always are. Everyone was making a fuss about the statue... that had to be it. That, or somebody was going to cause a huge lot of trouble in a bit. Either way... Tierra shook her head, and headed back towards the center of the room, gripping her mirror tightly inside her pocket.
    (7:03:01 PM) ***LeRoux smiled again at the comment. "Aye, don't dat be the truth?" She leaned down a bit to try and calm the animal down with some scratching behind the ears. "You be calmin' down already, yah filthy beast. Missus Smythe ain't got no time for your funny business."
    (7:03:33 PM) ***LeRoux leaned down where the woman couldn't see her expression, glaring daggers at the dog. She mouths a particularly foul word at him.
    (7:04:45 PM) ***Tierra blinked. 'She got a DOG inside? Security must be easier than I thought!'
    (7:05:50 PM) ***Olin let his hands fall into his jacket pockets, where his right hand could work one finger into his bag of runes. He muttered something under his breath, and opened his eyes to the Underworld, glancing at the artifact in question with his death-senses.
    (7:08:13 PM) ***LeRoux stood up and shook her finger at the dog, as he continued to emit a low growl. "Watch it, or you be out on the street faster than you can say 'boo'." She tried to turn herself to put her body between her pet and the fat woman. "So, why dis gentleman wanna cause you alla dis trouble? Maybe I have'a chat with 'im?" She looks about for possible suspects.
    (7:09:27 PM) ST: With his eyes open to the world of all that has passed on, Olin sees ghosts of those who have died there. A man who had a heart attack in the bathroom. Another man who was stabbed by a drunken friend. Around the statue itself he sees... nothing. Around the pale and slimy man, there is even less than nothing an abscence of everything.
    (7:10:50 PM) ST: The pale, slimy, goggle eyed academic responds "I am Mr.Gadidae."
    (7:12:21 PM) ***Olin blinks once, then twice, trying to clear what must be a false image from his vision. Olin feels a chill that goes to his bones, but amkes an intense effort to remain pleasant. "Mr Gadidae. Nice speaking to you. Sorry to have interrupted you." He nodded, giving him a bit of a half-wave, and then moved away a few feet, pretending to inspect the artifact again.
    (7:14:00 PM) ***Tierra steps forwards, glancing around at the various members of the group engaged in conversation, and then smiles. 'Hello, everyone. May I ask who the legal owner of this piece of sculpture is?'
    (7:14:00 PM) ST: A thunderous sound rocks the room
    (7:14:56 PM) ***Tierra looks around, and then blinks. 'Chingalo! What the fuck was that?'
    (7:15:04 PM) ST: 8 men in various combinations of jeans, t-shirts, jackets, and leather rush into the room, weilding pump action shotguns and fanning out to all sides
    (7:15:38 PM) ***LeRoux opens her mouth to return to smooth-talking Ms. Smythe...blinking at the sudden noise. Well, this was about the last thing she expected to happen.
    (7:15:52 PM) ST: The leader, a beadered long-haired, hard-slate eyed Caucasian who looks like a damn recruiting poster for the Hells Angels yells out
    (7:16:43 PM) ST: "Everybody on the Goddamn Ground!. This a robbery. I see any sign of resistance and your all on a group tour of the afterlife!"
    (7:18:01 PM) ST: A few tense seconds go by...
    (7:18:21 PM) ST: Nobody moves just yet, as shock turns to fear and as people start to decide what to do.
    (7:19:34 PM) LeRoux: roll 5#d10 (+1)
    (7:19:34 PM) dicebot: LeRoux rolled --> 4, 3, 2, 6, 8
    (7:19:43 PM) Olin: roll 3#d10 (plus two autosuccesses)
    (7:19:44 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 4, 10, 2
    (7:20:02 PM) Olin: roll 3#d10
    (7:20:02 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 9, 8, 9
    (7:21:28 PM) Tierra: roll 5#d10
    (7:21:29 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 1, 2, 10, 7, 1
    (7:23:44 PM) ***LeRoux glanced at her companion, a bit more serious now. She hopes he won't go doing anything stupid, although she's sure he'd save his own filthy hide first. "...best do as dey want." She hisses to the fat lady, although she's sure she'll be ignored. Just a few seconds until panic sets in...
    (7:24:30 PM) ***Tierra glances around, gauging the odds. It does not look good. Where's those security guards?
    (7:25:04 PM) ***Olin Olin's eyes took stock of the situation instantly, and he wished he hadn't left his spear behind. Bloody hell hopw he hated the way trouble followed him everywhere. He should've known better.
    (7:25:07 PM) ST: Olin notices a larger man an experienced cop over to the side of the room, around 10 ft away from him. A quick glance around the room suggests that nobody else in the room is as high ranking as the Lt. With some quick persuasion, maybe the cops could be persuaded that certain people, say the young Latina or the Jamaican with the dog are their side
    (7:25:59 PM) ST: And maybe they could even exploit the fact that several of the thugs are grouped up like a JV soccer team, so that a burst of fire in that direction would take out 3 people who wouldn't have room to dodge.
    (7:27:19 PM) ST: Tierra notices some hanging that an athletic person could clime up to and drop on the thugs, provided there was a distraction. This would completely screw with the thugs visibility and mobility
    (7:27:45 PM) ST: And LeRoux notices that one of the cops has decided to be a hero and his hand is slowly sliding towards his holster.
    (7:29:46 PM) ***Olin speaks very quietly to the police captain, his voice taking on a significantly truthful quality, almost as if everything he said were the absolute gospel truth. He whispered, "I and everyone who helps me are the good guys. Help us with this, and you'll get out of this safely."
    (7:30:51 PM) ***LeRoux rolled her eyes. The fool'll get himself killed. She tries to rearrange herself, and the substantial blockade of the fat Ms. Smythe, to situate themselves right in the cop's line of fire.
    (7:31:42 PM) ***Tierra casually reaches into her pocket and grabs hold of her mirror, pressing her thumb against one of the razor-sharp bits of obsidian sticking out of it. As the blood flows over it, she mutters a quiet prayer to her father, invoking his power.
    (7:31:59 PM) Olin: roll 5#d10
    (7:32:00 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 1, 8, 10, 7, 10
    (7:33:31 PM) ST: Mrs. Smythe tries her hardest not to move whispering "My dear, they told us not to move, maybe we should just do what they say"
    (7:34:59 PM) ST: The Lt nods at Olin and slides his hand towards his shoulder mounted walkie talkie, when the young cop draws and fires on one of the thugs.
    (7:35:13 PM) ST: And all hell breaks loose

    tl;dr I want to fight, but well the session ended.

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Here's a little background I wrote up, now that I've payed her once and gotten a handle on her. It's been three months since I thought her up, so I had to go back and flesh her out a bit from the basic idea. Sorry if it sounds wonky, I've been a bit sleepy while writing this.
    Her mother was a native Jamaican, who frequently travelled between her home and Louisiana, where she visited relatives. Ana was born while she was in the US, and travelled back and forth repeatedly while she was younger. She absorbed many different habits from her two homes, as well as varying speech patterns. Trips to other neighboring island helped to increase her already wide ranged of knowledge.

    After learning the truth of her parentage, she rebelled. Leaving while in the States, she tried to get as far away as possible from her previous world. Seeking the exact opposite of her lifestyle of diversity and non-mainstream religions, she headed for areas she had always heard would be painfully boring. Things were rough for her, until she accepted who she was...somehow finding a place for herself somewhere rather unlikely.

    She became a politician. In Idaho.

    Her rise to power wasn't quite that simple, of course. She followed the guidance of a companion beast sent to her by her father. He led her to her purpose, to people and places that needed her help. Besides the gifts of power he left for her, she used her own gifts...living a double life. Moving up the ranks to sit on the boad of a governmental body by day...prowling the streets by night.

    She wasn't just some vigilante. Instead of stomping out crime entirely, she seemed to direct it. Some criminals consider her some sort of mastermind, doing all this to protect her own illegal moneymaking of some sort. But they're all calculated to keep things in harmony. No side, not even the law, advancing far enough to risk setting unfortunate incidents into action.

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've been informed that I'm working 3-8 on Wednesday. Even after asking for Wednesdays off a few weeks back. So I won't be able to get here until 8:30 or so, hopefully before 9 at the latest.

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    We still planning to play this evening?

    KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    We sure are. Or at least I am.

    Rchanen on
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    No game tonight due to constraints of # of players and lack of dice roller on part of ST.

    Game will resume from point it left off next Wednesday.

    Rchanen on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I just got home and got on the computer right now. They promised me this was a one-time thing, so...hopefully I'll see you all next Wednesday. I have Fri, Sat, and Sun off if you want to get in an extra session on one of those nights.

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm here, just checking in to see what's going on tonight.

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    We are still on. I am sitting in #odam as we speak.

    Rchanen on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    AND LO, was the battle epic, AND LO, was the monster defeated!

    Its minions, they were nary a trouble! With pole and knife and gun were they defeated! And when the last of them fell, it spoke. It came forth and it challenged us, and it revealed its hideous nature. With knife and gun and spear was it challenged, yet our weapons, they could not penetrate its hide. With strength and speed was it challenged, and yet, we could not harm it. Until the one known as LeRoux had a thought, a moment of brilliance.

    As Tierra and I held the monster, weapons finally finding purchase on its body, LeRoux found a weapon larger than any of us. She encased himself in its metal might, and she commanded it forward, and with great force did she drive my very own conveyance into the beast! And with that mighty blow, the monster was felled.

    The beast, it falls, and yet, we know not why it came.

    We hope to discover more, in time. And we will, for we are the children of the gods, and our powers cannot be denied.

    Allfather bless us all.

    OOC translation:

    We killed the thugs without trouble, and then the monster showed up. Our weapons barely even scratched it, and then Reynolds hit it with my car.

    Bastard.

    KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You do know LeRoux is a woman, right? Even if I did mix up dress and pantsuit at some points.

    Also, I will be noting for future stories that I got extra experience for driving another PC's car into the boss. That's going in the books, yep.

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Reynolds wrote: »
    You do know LeRoux is a woman, right? Even if I did mix up dress and pantsuit at some points.

    Also, I will be noting for future stories that I got extra experience for driving another PC's car into the boss. That's going in the books, yep.

    Totally a brainfart, sorry. Fixed now.

    KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    "She encased himself?"

    Still got a bit of work to do there.

    Logs will be up in a bit.
    (5:45:34 PM) ST: When last we left our heroes a foolish young cop had just decided to be a hero, several of our Heroes were planning how to even the odds against a group of robbers armed with Shotguns and the situation looked like it was about to get a whole lot worse before it got better
    (5:47:23 PM) ST: The LT just has time to yell into his walkie talkie to focus on the thugs and help out the "civvies" when the thugs notice the young cop reaching for his piece.
    (5:48:50 PM) ST: "Why, you son of a Bitch!" yells out the thug on the far right side as he raises his shotgun to his shoulder
    (5:49:48 PM) Tierra: 6#1d10 join battle
    (5:50:42 PM) ST: roll 6#d10
    (5:50:42 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 8, 10, 4, 5, 4, 3
    (5:51:23 PM) LeRoux: roll 4#d10
    (5:51:24 PM) dicebot: LeRoux rolled --> 9, 5, 1, 4
    (5:52:01 PM) Olin: roll 7#d10
    (5:52:01 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 9, 10, 3, 4, 2, 10, 5
    (5:55:32 PM) Tierra: roll 6#d10
    (5:55:33 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 8, 5, 7, 6, 9, 9
    (5:59:54 PM) ST: roll 4#d10
    (5:59:56 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 9, 3, 3, 8
    (6:00:41 PM) ***Olin didn't mean to give the bastards the chance to shoot the cop. He'd provide plenty of a distraction himself! Olin began moving just as the cop did, and let out a scream of challenge, his hands finding one of the brass stands they hang ropes off of and tore it free, leaping into a mighty running charge to crush the bastard's skull in with it.
    (6:01:34 PM) Olin: roll 9#d10
    (6:01:35 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 2, 2, 8, 3, 1, 5, 9, 3, 4
    (6:04:04 PM) Olin: roll 9#d10
    (6:04:05 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 8, 4, 9, 5, 2, 2, 1, 6, 6
    (6:06:31 PM) Olin: roll 10#d10
    (6:06:32 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 10, 10, 2, 2, 6, 4, 9, 5, 5, 9
    (6:08:28 PM) Olin: roll 1#d10
    (6:08:29 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 7
    (6:12:19 PM) Tierra: roll 1#d10
    (6:12:19 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 4
    (6:12:19 PM) ST: The crushing weight of of the brass pole slams down into the jaw of the robber, visibly crushing his jaw underneath his bushy blondebeard and causing blood and teeth to spatter over the conference center floor.
    (6:12:55 PM) ST: The robbers next twists at an unnatural angle due to the force of the blow and as he falls, Olin hears a sickening CRACK!
    (6:13:16 PM) ST: roll 4#d10
    (6:13:16 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 8, 1, 7, 1
    (6:16:02 PM) ***Tierra spun behind one of the glass exhibit cases to grant her some small protection from the thugs behind her, whipping a knife from underneath her jacket. Shifting forwards slightly, she flung it at one of the thugs in front of her.
    (6:16:51 PM) Tierra: roll 7#d10
    (6:16:52 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 7, 9, 3, 3, 5, 10, 8
    (6:18:49 PM) Tierra: roll 8#d10
    (6:18:51 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 8, 10, 1, 7, 4, 7, 10, 6
    (6:20:12 PM) ST: The knife jams 3 inches into a thug's through, his shotgun lifts up slighlty and his eyes get a puzzled expression as he reaches feebly for the metal object embedded in his throat.
    (6:21:05 PM) ST: He has time to mouth a word before he collapses, beathingly shallowly, with a pool of spreading blood escaping form his body.
    (6:28:07 PM) ST: The police officers open fire on the thugs, picking targets at random and dispersing their fire. Shooting as best as they can, hammering rounds into the thugs body, but leaving two thugs near Olin untouched by the fire, for fear of killing him.
    (6:29:06 PM) ST: roll 5 7#d10
    (6:29:07 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 5
    (6:29:21 PM) ST: roll 7#d10
    (6:29:22 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 6, 9, 4, 2, 5, 10, 5
    (6:29:23 PM) ST: roll 7#d10
    (6:29:23 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 7, 8, 3, 10, 7, 8, 9
    (6:29:24 PM) ST: roll 7#d10
    (6:29:24 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 9, 6, 5, 10, 4, 9, 7
    (6:29:26 PM) ST: roll 7#d10
    (6:29:26 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 9, 1, 7, 5, 7, 9, 10
    (6:29:26 PM) ST: roll 7#d10
    (6:29:27 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 6, 1, 2, 6, 5, 7, 2
    (6:30:12 PM) ST: One cop misses completely, the other two manage to double up on two of the thugs, slamming .40 cal glock rounds in their bodies,
    (6:31:27 PM) ST: roll 10#d10
    (6:31:27 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 6, 1, 4, 10, 8, 10, 1, 8, 8, 5
    (6:31:33 PM) ST: roll 10#d10
    (6:31:34 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 1, 4, 8, 8, 10, 6, 10, 8, 7, 9
    (6:32:23 PM) ST: The rounds rip the thugs to shreds, blowing out through the back of their bodies and causing two of them to drop to the ground, twitching and no longer even amoung the living.
    (6:34:14 PM) ST: The leader of the robbers snarls at the loss of half his men, two of them to freaking civilians who are better damn killers than the cops!. Kill these sons of bitches he yells, as he fires on Olin
    (6:39:39 PM) ST: roll 4#d10
    (6:39:39 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 6, 7, 1, 3
    (6:44:48 PM) ST: The shot wistles past Olin, smashing into some priceless artifacts and causing a glass display case to shatter into a million pieces, as vase older than the city is turned into pottery fragments.
    (6:45:42 PM) ST: The rest of the thugs open fire on Tierra and LeRoux
    (6:46:09 PM) ST: Thug shooting at Tierra -1 success due to Tierra's cover
    (6:46:24 PM) ST: roll 4#d10
    (6:46:24 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 10, 7, 7, 3
    (6:47:04 PM) ST: Thug shooting at Tierra -1 success due to Tierra's cover
    (6:47:13 PM) ST: roll 4#d10
    (6:47:13 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 1, 4, 6, 1
    (6:49:39 PM) ST: The cop nearest Tierra has his jaw drop in astonishment as Tierra practically waits until after the shotguns have been fired after her, then with a quick side step, all the pellets just seem to slide over her form, screaming past her to destroy the marble coverings of the wall and to rip the display of brass artifacts presented behind her to kindling and scrap metal.
    (6:52:19 PM) ST: And one thug shoots at LeRoux, ignoring the danger to Aribelle Smythe.
    (6:52:34 PM) ST: roll 4#d10
    (6:52:35 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 5, 7, 2, 6
    (6:54:31 PM) ST: The shot goes wide and blows a piece of the wall above LeRoux into little pieces and prompts a shriek of Southern fear from Mrs. Smythe.
    (6:54:41 PM) ST: "Oh mercy I do believe I am getting the vapors"
    (6:57:52 PM) ***LeRoux flinches to one side, keeping herself from reflexively jumping a bit too noticably out of the way. "...it do be time for us to leave, don't you think?" She sneers at Smythe's responce, grabbing one of her flabby arms and trying to drag her out of the line of fire. She looks for anything large enough to cover them both.
    (6:58:43 PM) ST: Unfortunately there is no object that large in the confernce hall.
    (6:59:25 PM) LeRoux: roll 7#d10
    (6:59:25 PM) dicebot: LeRoux rolled --> 8, 4, 6, 4, 10, 2, 4
    (7:01:26 PM) ST: The large Mrs. Smythe is dragged, her heels just scraping across the floor leaving trail marks in the wax as she is pulled towards some exhibts that offer superior cover (-2 success to target either LeRoux or Mrs. Smythe).
    (7:03:53 PM) Tierra: Tierra slides another knife from underneath her jacket, jumping onto one of the display cases to get a better line of sight, crushing an ancient scroll underneath her foot, while flipping her knife upwards to catch the blade in her hand before whipping it at the nearest thug.
    (7:04:53 PM) Tierra: roll 9#d10
    (7:04:54 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 10, 2, 3, 6, 1, 7, 4, 5, 1
    (7:05:50 PM) Tierra: roll 6#d10
    (7:05:50 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 6, 1, 8, 4, 5, 9
    (7:06:42 PM) Tierra: roll 6#d10 (legend reroll)
    (7:06:42 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 7, 8, 1, 9, 8, 7
    (7:07:20 PM) ST: The knife jams into the bicep of a thug causing him to scream and drop his shotgun to the floor and cradle his arm and whimper.
    (7:07:54 PM) ST: Or at least that is what could have happened.
    (7:10:44 PM) ST: Instead the knife buries itself into the bridge of the thugs nose, causing the thug's jaw to drop, a gurgling sound to come out of his throat and a couple of seconds of standing still before the thug falls face first onto the ground, causing the knife to bury itself deepr into the mans skull.
    (7:16:32 PM) ***Olin glares at the brass rod that, shamefully built as it was, bent a bit upon smashing the good shotgun fellow's jaw. He flipped it into the air towards the man shouting orders, and leapt forwards, catching the shotgun from his previous fallen foe out of the air and sweeping another off the ground as he moved, using both of them as oddly-shaped improvised clubs, swinging them in opposed arcs
    (7:16:45 PM) Olin: that were intended to meet at a single point... somewhere between that man's ears.
    (7:19:09 PM) Olin: roll 9#d10
    (7:19:10 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 7, 8, 4, 10, 4, 6, 5, 8, 6
    (7:19:46 PM) Olin: roll 1#d10
    (7:19:47 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 6
    (7:21:05 PM) Olin: roll 9#d10
    (7:21:05 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 9, 2, 3, 7, 10, 6, 1, 5, 3
    (7:23:43 PM) Olin: roll 6#d10
    (7:23:43 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 3, 6, 8, 8, 6, 10
    (7:26:24 PM) Olin: roll 9#d10
    (7:26:24 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 1, 1, 4, 9, 1, 8, 4, 3, 10
    (7:26:25 PM) Olin: roll 9#d10
    (7:26:26 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 2, 4, 10, 3, 10, 8, 8, 1, 2
    (7:28:33 PM) ST: The two shotgun handles converge on the leader and land with a responding crack that corresponds with the mands upper mandible moving 4 inches to the left and his right mandable moving 4 inches to the right. The leaders eyes roll back in his head and his tatooed body keels slowly over, slamming hard into the marble floor. He doesn't get up again.
    (7:30:16 PM) ST: The cops take time to aim this time and cordinate their fire against the remaining two thugs, who drop with two rounds to the head each.
    (7:31:27 PM) ST: Peace returns to the convention center
    (7:31:35 PM) ST: "I swear. Men!
    (7:31:49 PM) ST: If you want something done right, you just have to do it yourself!"
    (7:32:25 PM) ST: Mrs. Smythe waddles quicker than you would expect over the object that was causing so much commotion earlier
    (7:33:48 PM) ST: "Luckily the master was kind enough to leave us behind these little presents, imbued with a little something of his... special nature"
    (7:33:53 PM) ***Olin dropped the pair of shotguns and took one look at the woman not paying any attention to the shots or corpses. Ah FUCK. Olin pelted it for his car and his relic. SOMETHING very bad was about to happen.
    (7:34:02 PM) ***LeRoux pokes her head out, as the large woman leaves covers so quickly. She surveys the destruction...shaking her head as she patted her dog. "I bet a few punks were worth alla dis, eh?"
    (7:34:19 PM) ST: "It should help me take care of you fellows in just a second"
    (7:34:40 PM) ***Tierra glances up, still poised on top of the display case. "What the hell is this, you fat bitch? These punks from you?"
    (7:34:59 PM) ST: "Well I am sorry to Say Yes dear"
    (7:35:56 PM) ST: "I do apologize for the quality of the hired help though. On my budget you just can't get good help these days."
    (7:36:42 PM) ST: "But this should set everything to rights, so don't you worry"
    (7:36:43 PM) ***Olin was less than pleased by what his enhanced senses were telling him as he could hear the speech inside fairly clearly. With a quick muttered oath, he popped his trunk and took up his spear and turned back to run for the building again.
    (7:37:08 PM) ***Tierra frowns, and hops down to pull a knife from the throat of the nearest thug.
    (7:38:03 PM) ST: With a strenght that is not indicated in a woman of her... physique. Mrs. Smythe takes the object, which must way over 700 lbs, off the pedastal and sets it down on the floor
    (7:38:12 PM) ST: "Goodbye dearies"
    (7:38:47 PM) ST: And with that Mrs. Smythe starts speaking in a tongue you've never heard before. It raises the hairs on the back of your.... everything.
    (7:38:56 PM) ***LeRoux slowly blinks. She turns herself and her dog around, and quietly heads for the exit.
    (7:39:29 PM) LeRoux: "...crazy people. Never shoulda agreed to dis stupid trip."
    (7:39:35 PM) ***Tierra glances over at the woman with her dog, and the exit that the guy with the rambo attitude had used.
    (7:39:59 PM) ST: The speaking rises to a triumphant crescendo.
    (7:40:10 PM) ST: And nothing happens.
    (7:40:51 PM) ST: "Its a fake. ITS A DAMN FAKE. I should have known. SON OF A BITCH"
    (7:41:11 PM) ***Tierra taps her knife against one of the shattered display cases and raises an eyebrow. "A fake of what?"
    (7:41:15 PM) ST: Mrs. Smythe Raises the item over her head and hurls it a LeRoux.
    (7:42:55 PM) ST: roll 5#d10
    (7:42:55 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 9, 1, 9, 9, 8
    (7:45:44 PM) ST: The 800 lb object whistles through the air and misses LeRoux by a hairs breadth and smashes down onto the ground with crushing force, turning the stone tiles underneath into a spiderweb of cracked masonry and scattering
    (7:45:55 PM) ST: pieces of stone all over the floor for several yards.
    (7:46:19 PM) ST: "Guess I'm just gonna half to do this the old fashioned way"
    (7:47:37 PM) ST: That said, Mrs Smythe reaches towards her body as if to pull off her clothes....
    (7:47:58 PM) ***LeRoux feels the air rushing past her, as the artifact goes flying. She tenses up for a moment, stopping in her tracks. She slowly turns, as the woman continues to rant. "...just what in de hell is wrong witchoo, woman?"
    (7:48:42 PM) ST: and reaches deeper than that, and rips into her skin, pulling it apart in a great tearing ripping motion that takes her clothes and any last sembalnce of humanity with it.
    (7:49:29 PM) ***Tierra flinches as the giant sculpture smashes into the ground, and leaps towards Mrs. Smythe, skidding to a halt the instant she sees her ripping her flesh off.
    (7:49:52 PM) ST: What is underneath the tattered shreds of skin that remains is something else. Something scally and piscene, with read eyes, a bulbuous head the size of medicine ball, tentacles surrounding the mouth
    (7:50:13 PM) ***LeRoux makes a disgusted face. "Alright, dat be about me limit." She lets go of her dog's leash, daintily bending over to pick up a discarded shotgun. "Go get 'em, boy. Try not ta get ya fool self killed."
    (7:50:40 PM) ST: And large, hideous claws that scape against the floor in her hunched new stance, striking sparks up from where it touches the stone.
    (7:50:52 PM) ST: Two of the police officers visibly wet themselves.
    (7:51:53 PM) Tierra: roll 6#d10
    (7:51:55 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 5, 6, 8, 1, 7, 2
    (7:52:02 PM) LeRoux: roll 4#d10
    (7:52:03 PM) dicebot: LeRoux rolled --> 3, 9, 10, 7
    (7:52:07 PM) Olin: roll 7#d10
    (7:52:07 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 3, 3, 4, 5, 4, 6, 7
    (7:52:45 PM) ST: roll 3#d10
    (7:52:45 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 7, 3, 8
    (7:53:57 PM) ST: roll 6#d10
    (7:53:58 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 2, 6, 10, 5, 8, 5
    (7:58:50 PM) ***LeRoux stands back up with the shotgun, giving it a cursory glance to make sure it's ready for action. "And ta think I spent time bein' nice ta you." She settles the gun into place, wrinkling her nose at the possibility of messing up her expensive dress. And firing at the hideous beast.
    (7:59:10 PM) LeRoux: roll 8#d10
    (7:59:11 PM) dicebot: LeRoux rolled --> 7, 9, 3, 9, 7, 3, 3, 6
    (8:00:34 PM) LeRoux: roll 1#d10
    (8:00:34 PM) dicebot: LeRoux rolled --> 4
    (8:02:46 PM) LeRoux: roll 8#d10
    (8:02:47 PM) dicebot: LeRoux rolled --> 9, 7, 8, 6, 8, 1, 2, 5
    (8:07:33 PM) ST: The thing that was Mrs. Smythe takes the shotgun blast right in the chest. The pellets skitter off the hard scally serpentine skin that makes up her body.
    (8:07:56 PM) ST: They leave trails in the skin, but no visible damage. It looks like the 00 buckshot just pissed the thing off.
    (8:08:07 PM) ST: If you can tell by the movement of its tentacles.
    (8:09:43 PM) ***Tierra dashes towards the... thing, vaulting off of one of the cracked display cases and flipping over the creature in midair, slicing it with her knife as she moved over it's scaly hide.
    (8:10:58 PM) Tierra: roll 10#d10
    (8:10:59 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 7, 7, 10, 3, 8, 6, 4, 3, 5, 9
    (8:12:17 PM) Tierra: roll 8#d10
    (8:12:17 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 5, 1, 1, 4, 9, 4, 8, 4
    (8:12:42 PM) Tierra: roll 8#d10 reroll
    (8:12:43 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 8, 9, 5, 8, 1, 10, 6, 3
    (8:17:38 PM) ST: Tierra's knife connects with the creatures hide, but slides on the slime covering the thing and cannot seem to find purchase. The thing that was Mrs. Smythe barely deings to take notice of the attack.
    (8:20:31 PM) ST: The thing lashes out with its claws in a heavy overhand swipe at Tierra, slashing and attacking for all its worth, it turns that same movement into a brutal but quick horizontal slash of its clawed hand towards one of the cops.
    (8:21:51 PM) ST: roll 1#d10
    (8:21:52 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 10
    (8:27:44 PM) ST: The heavy overhand swipe misses Tierra completely and crashes into the floor, carving great furrows in the stone, but the motion carries the creature forward and its great clawed hand slashes into the cop.
    (8:28:00 PM) ST: roll 4#d10
    (8:28:00 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 7, 6, 2, 5
    (8:29:28 PM) ST: The claws rip into the cops stomach, slicing open his abdomen and causing blood to pour in a wave down the front of his shirt.
    (8:29:59 PM) ST: He collapses to the floor, screaming in pain.
    (8:30:18 PM) ST: The police officers open fire on the creatures.
    (8:30:47 PM) ST: roll 7#d10
    (8:30:47 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 5, 7, 7, 8, 4, 7, 5
    (8:31:07 PM) ST: roll 4#d10
    (8:31:07 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 4, 5, 7, 10
    (8:31:53 PM) ST: The bullets slam into the creatures hide, but do as little damage as the shotgun blast and the knife. They mark the skin, but just don't penetrate the damn thing's hide.
    (8:34:01 PM) ***Olin watched as he ran, as bullet, blade, and shot barely fazed the beast. He roared himself a challenge as he came at the monster, coming off the floor in a flying leap with the spear, doing his level best to sink it in the monster's hide.
    (8:35:33 PM) Olin: roll 11#d10
    (8:35:34 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 10, 5, 3, 1, 4, 9, 5, 7, 7, 7, 6
    (8:36:55 PM) Olin: roll 11#d10
    (8:36:56 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 2, 6, 5, 8, 1, 7, 6, 7, 8, 6, 7
    (8:38:46 PM) Olin: roll 14#d10
    (8:38:47 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 1, 10, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 1, 6, 2, 7, 5
    (8:40:04 PM) ST: The spear slides off the slime the creature is perpetually coated in and does no more thank mark Damage across the top of the creatures back.
    (8:42:49 PM) ***Tierra grits her teeth, glaring up at the monster that had just disembowelled one of the cops. This was obviously why Fate had drawn her here, and she'd be damned if this monster was going to live. She charged the creature, sliding across the floor as she stabbed the knives into the things stomach.
    (8:43:48 PM) Tierra: roll 14#d10
    (8:43:48 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 7, 7, 8, 1, 2, 10, 9, 6, 10, 9, 3, 1, 4, 7
    (8:44:49 PM) Tierra: roll 14#d10
    (8:44:49 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 3, 6, 6, 3, 7, 5, 1, 4, 4, 2, 8, 10, 1, 2
    (8:45:10 PM) Tierra: roll 14#d10 (reroll)
    (8:45:11 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 8, 4, 1, 3, 6, 4, 9, 3, 3, 2, 1, 2, 5, 6
    (8:47:13 PM) ST: The slash slams into the creatures scaly hide and just for a second the it seems like the knives will penetrate, but then the skin hold and Tierra continues across the floor.
    (8:51:07 PM) ***LeRoux frowns a everything seems to slide right off the creature. She looks down at the shotgun she scooped up, tossing it aside with disdain. Turning back towards the exit, she ran straight down the long entryway and into the parking lot.
    (8:51:38 PM) LeRoux: roll 8#d10
    (8:51:38 PM) dicebot: LeRoux rolled --> 6, 4, 9, 10, 10, 1, 5, 1
    (8:52:02 PM) ***LeRoux returned after a few moments...screaming down the hallway in the first drivable automobile she could commandeer.
    (8:55:25 PM) ST: The thing slashes at Olin, again putting all its force and power into a blow designed to eviscerate Olin and leave only his hollowed out skeleton standing.
    (8:55:32 PM) ST: roll 5#d10
    (8:55:33 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 5, 4, 2, 7, 2
    (8:56:52 PM) ST: The blow misses though and continues into the cop behind Olin, whose head is torn clean from his body in a shower of brain and blood and bone that spatters the hall with the remains of his intelligence.
    (8:57:18 PM) ST: The police open fire in response.
    (8:57:27 PM) ST: roll 7#d10
    (8:57:27 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 5, 10, 3, 10, 6, 9, 7
    (9:01:21 PM) ST: roll #7d10
    (9:01:22 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> error: malformed expression
    (9:01:29 PM) ST: roll 7#d10
    (9:01:29 PM) dicebot: ST rolled --> 8, 6, 3, 7, 1, 8, 7
    (9:01:45 PM) ST: The bullets still fail to penetrate that leathery hide.
    (9:04:40 PM) ***Tierra glares at the creature, spinning on her heel for another attack. The bitch tried to kill her? 'TURNABOUT, BITCH!' Leaping off the ground, she aimed for the creature's malevolent eyes, jerking the edges of her blades across the (hopefully) less solid flesh.
    (9:06:47 PM) Tierra: roll 14#d10
    (9:06:47 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 6, 5, 7, 2, 10, 10, 5, 5, 6, 2, 7, 8, 6, 10
    (9:08:04 PM) Tierra: roll 13#d10
    (9:08:04 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 9, 4, 2, 4, 6, 1, 7, 10, 9, 4, 7, 2, 4
    (9:11:02 PM) ST: The vicious slash carves through eyemembrane and into those red orbs, piercing into the red space and causing the solid to become a seething sea of black and red that explodes and sends fluids all over the creature.
    (9:11:37 PM) ST: The blade slides out again, almost cathing on what would be the nasal cavity in a human.
    (9:12:53 PM) ST: Only one eye was taken out, but the creature is now weaving unsteadily and sways its right arm around, as it trying to assure it that its is not going to be attacked on its right side.
    (9:14:26 PM) Olin: Olin could not believe the thing was that tough. But by god, if the girl with the knife can hurt it, the spear gifted to him by his father should find purchase in its hide! Olin took the spear in both hands, and spun with it, jamming it as hard as he could manage into the beast's slimy stomach-portions.
    (9:16:39 PM) Olin: roll 10#d10
    (9:16:39 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 10, 5, 10, 1, 5, 4, 4, 2, 4, 7
    (9:18:16 PM) Olin: roll 11#d10
    (9:18:17 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 7, 5, 3, 4, 4, 8, 4, 8, 8, 5, 5
    (9:19:46 PM) Olin: roll 3#d10
    (9:19:47 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 8, 8, 3
    (9:20:50 PM) ST: Bolstered by his faith in his father, Olin screams and slams the spear right into the stomach of the monster, and this time, the spear strikes true!
    (9:21:36 PM) ST: His spear stabs through the skin and tough muscle walls of the creatures stomack and withdraws from a ragged hole that leaks black blood and green intestines.
    (9:22:36 PM) ST: The creature sways on its feet and though it still stands, it now bleeds heavily from both its eye and its guts.
    (9:26:46 PM) ***LeRoux lays on the horn, as she sees two of her fellow humans near the creature. She hopes that gives them enough time to get out of the way, but...it's not like she can really stop now. Rocketing down the hallway, tearing over the nicely waxed floors, she has a bit of a bumpy ride...clattering across stray bodies, guns, and broken artifacts.
    (9:27:46 PM) ***LeRoux braces for impact as the creature fills her view, the borrowed vehicle roaring, pedal pushed down to the floor. "...n'I just bought this dress." Blood is so hard to wash out.
    (9:28:03 PM) LeRoux: roll 22#d10
    (9:28:04 PM) dicebot: LeRoux rolled --> 10, 4, 1, 10, 7, 8, 3, 9, 8, 6, 10, 3, 10, 5, 3, 3, 7, 2, 1, 1, 1, 8
    (9:29:32 PM) ST: The car smashes into the creature, stopping the car rather roughly 4 ft from the point of impact and leaving a huge dent in the hood.
    (9:30:24 PM) ST: But the thing flies back from the impact smashing into, and almost through a wall in the convention center. The impact from the car widens the hole in the guts to the point of which the creature is almost torn in half.
    (9:31:29 PM) ST: Black blood spurts out of the creatures mouth and covers the covention floor around its impact site, and the snapping of what passes for limbs in the creature can be heard outside the building.
    (9:32:07 PM) ST: With a loud flop, the creatures slumps to the floor.
    (9:32:49 PM) ***Olin stared. and stared. And stared. And then shouted, very, very loudly.
    (9:33:02 PM) Olin: "That was my CAR!"
    (9:33:30 PM) ST: LeRoux took a hard impact from stopping that suddenly. Her chest feels like it is going to be the center of a massive bruise.
    (9:34:02 PM) ***Tierra cracks her neck, stepping forward to the creature, making sure that it's dead.
    (9:34:51 PM) ST: The creature does not move or breath and shows no movement in its legs, limbs, hands, claws or chest. All of which are horribly mishapen.
    (9:35:17 PM) Tierra: "Payback's a bitch."
    (9:35:20 PM) ST: But the remaining eye of the creature still glows with a fell light. The creature is dead, you are sure of that somehow.
    (9:35:34 PM) ST: But the eyes of this thing are still.... active.
    (9:36:05 PM) ***Tierra leans in closer, knife at the ready.2#d10
    (9:36:12 PM) Tierra: roll 2#d10
    (9:36:13 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 9, 7
    (9:36:43 PM) Tierra: roll 2#d10
    (9:36:43 PM) dicebot: Tierra rolled --> 3, 7
    (9:37:15 PM) ***Olin stared for a moment at the carnage, and then stepped forward, moving towards Tierra and the dead creature, glancing once at his car. ...God, that poor vehicle.
    (9:37:28 PM) ***LeRoux slumps against the steering wheel for a few moments. Her foot had slipped off the pedal for the moment, the banged-up car slowly rolling forward. "...ungh." She looked up.
    (9:37:30 PM) Olin: roll 9#d10
    (9:37:31 PM) dicebot: Olin rolled --> 5, 3, 7, 9, 8, 9, 4, 1, 1
    (9:37:52 PM) ***Tierra glances over at Olin, smiling at her temporary ally. "Hey, come check this out!"
    (9:39:19 PM) LeRoux: "It be just a little..ah...fenda benda. Datt'll buff right out, you know?" She grinned through the cracked windshield at Olin and Tierra...then her expression became more serious. "...German! Boy, we best be leaving."
    (9:39:39 PM) ***LeRoux just wished she could get out of the car under her own power, at the moment.
    (9:39:59 PM) ***Tierra looks at the woman in the car, looks back at the creature, and then looks at the car again. "Hey, do you need any help?"
    (9:40:37 PM) ***Olin stared at the thing for a moment, then he glanced back at Tierra.
    (9:40:50 PM) Olin: "May I borrow that knife?"
    (9:41:48 PM) ***Tierra nods. "Sure." She tosses the knife over to him, still oozing blood and fluid from the creatures eye. "Make sure you clean it off, after."
    (9:41:59 PM) ***Tierra then heads towards the car
    (9:42:03 PM) Olin: "NAturally."
    (9:42:56 PM) ***Olin glared at the thing, and started swearing, over and over, as he went through the laborious process of cutting the eyes out of the beast. It was... shall we say... somewhat messy. But those eyes, those eyes were a prize. They were great aids to divination, great aids indeed...
    (9:43:06 PM) ***LeRoux weakly managed to open the door and push it slightly ajar, before the doberman ran up out of nowhere and started nudging it open. "...just need ta get out and hail a cab. I think it's best dat the police..." She glanced at the frightened cops. "...da rest a the police don't find me here. Us here."
    (9:43:58 PM) ***Tierra bites her lip for a moment. "Yeah, that'd probably be best. I don't want to deal with no damn pigs."
    (9:44:29 PM) ***Olin called across the room.
    (9:44:39 PM) Olin: "Is the car driveable?"
    (9:44:48 PM) Olin: cut. Squirt. Eww.
    (9:49:32 PM) ***Tierra gives the car a quick once-over, noting the cracked windshield, steaming engine block, crumpled front, and in general totalled-ness. "I kind of doubt it."
    (9:49:56 PM) Olin: "Then someone owes me a goddamn car."
    (9:50:17 PM) Tierra: "I think we can deal with that on the way out of here. Before the cops show."
    (9:50:44 PM) ***Olin glanced at himself, and the otehrs, covered in blood.
    (9:50:53 PM) Olin: "Good idea. Let's book, yes?"
    (9:53:55 PM) ST left the room (quit: Quit: [tired]).
    (9:54:13 PM) Olin left the room.

    It was an epic fight. Note to self: Get some better freaking weapons.

    I'm SO looking forwards to next week.

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm finally finished with all the life things I had to do, and am ready to rejoin the game. I added in the extra 15 Bonus points worth of stuff; my modified sheet is below.
    Vincent Huntington Swithin II
    Ruthless Prosecuting Lawyer
    Scion of Vidar
    Pantheon: Aesir
    Associated Powers: Epic Stamina, Epic Strength, Jotunblut, Justice
    Abilities: Awareness, Brawl, Fortitude, Investigation, Politics, Stealth
    Nature: Judge

    Perception ****
    Intelligence ***(*)
    Wits ****

    Charisma ***
    Manipulation ***
    Appearance ***

    Strength **
    Dexterity **
    Stamina ***

    Epic Dexterity (*)
    --Knack: Trick Shooter
    Epic Stamina *
    --Knack: Solipsistic Well Being
    Epic Manipulation **
    --Knack: Blurt it Out
    --Knack: God's Honest
    Epic Wits *
    --Knack: Instant Investigator
    Epic Perception *(*)
    --Knack: Predatory Focus
    --Knack: Subliminal Warning
    Epic Intelligence *
    --Knack: Know it all

    Art (Bonsai) **
    -Awareness ***(*)
    -Brawl ***
    Command **
    Empathy **
    -Fortitude ***
    Integrity **
    -Investigation ***
    Marksmanship ***(*)
    -Politics **
    Presence **
    -Stealth ***(*)

    Legend **(*)
    Legend points: 9

    Willpower: 5

    Boons:
    (Justice) Judgment *
    (Justice) Guilt Apparitions **
    (Death) Death Senses *
    (Darkness) Shadow Mask **

    Birthrights:
    Ring **(*) (Purviews of Justice, Death, and Darkness)
    Gun *** (* - User can will it to fire silently, ** - Extra damage?)
    --Colt Python 6” +2 / +4L(+6L) / 20rng / clp6 / spd5 / P

    Virtues:
    -Courage **
    -Endurance **
    -Loyalty **
    Vengeance ***

    The ring is a simple-looking bronze band. Vidar had it forged from a hair of Vali, his brother, who avenged their half-brother Baldr. The ring grants access to the Purviews of Justice, Death, and Darkness.

    The revolver was forged by the Sons of Ivaldi, the dwarves who forged Gungnir. The most curious aspect of the pistol is it's handle: instead of wood, it has a thick leather wrap. The leather is a piece of Vidar's sandal; which he will use to kill Fenrisulfr and avenge his father Odin at Ragnarok. The pistol has two special abilities: it may fire silently, if the user wishes, and the bullets seem to instantly kill their prey (at least in the case of weak humans).

    JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

    I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm finally finished with all the life things I had to do, and am ready to rejoin the game. I added in the extra 15 Bonus points worth of stuff; my modified sheet is below.
    Vincent Huntington Swithin II
    Ruthless Prosecuting Lawyer
    Scion of Vidar
    Pantheon: Aesir
    Associated Powers: Epic Stamina, Epic Strength, Jotunblut, Justice
    Abilities: Awareness, Brawl, Fortitude, Investigation, Politics, Stealth
    Nature: Judge

    Perception ****
    Intelligence ***(*)
    Wits ****

    Charisma ***
    Manipulation ***
    Appearance ***

    Strength **
    Dexterity **
    Stamina ***

    Epic Dexterity (*)
    --Knack: Trick Shooter
    Epic Stamina *
    --Knack: Solipsistic Well Being
    Epic Manipulation **
    --Knack: Blurt it Out
    --Knack: God's Honest
    Epic Wits *
    --Knack: Instant Investigator
    Epic Perception *(*)
    --Knack: Predatory Focus
    --Knack: Subliminal Warning
    Epic Intelligence *
    --Knack: Know it all

    Art (Bonsai) **
    -Awareness ***(*)
    -Brawl ***
    Command **
    Empathy **
    -Fortitude ***
    Integrity **
    -Investigation ***
    Marksmanship ***(*)
    -Politics **
    Presence **
    -Stealth ***(*)

    Legend **(*)
    Legend points: 9

    Willpower: 5

    Boons:
    (Justice) Judgment *
    (Justice) Guilt Apparitions **
    (Death) Death Senses *
    (Darkness) Shadow Mask **

    Birthrights:
    Ring **(*) (Purviews of Justice, Death, and Darkness)
    Gun *** (* - User can will it to fire silently, ** - Extra damage?)
    --Colt Python 6” +2 / +4L(+6L) / 20rng / clp6 / spd5 / P

    Virtues:
    -Courage **
    -Endurance **
    -Loyalty **
    Vengeance ***

    The ring is a simple-looking bronze band. Vidar had it forged from a hair of Vali, his brother, who avenged their half-brother Baldr. The ring grants access to the Purviews of Justice, Death, and Darkness.

    The revolver was forged by the Sons of Ivaldi, the dwarves who forged Gungnir. The most curious aspect of the pistol is it's handle: instead of wood, it has a thick leather wrap. The leather is a piece of Vidar's sandal; which he will use to kill Fenrisulfr and avenge his father Odin at Ragnarok. The pistol has two special abilities: it may fire silently, if the user wishes, and the bullets seem to instantly kill their prey (at least in the case of weak humans).

    Well remember to come on down to the game. The game is 6 PM on Wednesday in slashnet channel #odam.

    Rchanen on
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm actually in the server now, but nobody else is. What time zone are you guys using?

    JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

    I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    A different one? The same one, apparently.

    Me and Rchan are both in.

    irc.slashnet.org #odam

    Right?

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I want to confirm that we're playing tonight. Yes?

    KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I am. Hopefully everyone else is.

    Otherwise I'll just have to play by myself. :(

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    No comment.

    KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ...what?

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I said nothing. Nothing at all. *flee*

    KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Alright, then!

    So, who should we stab today, eh?

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Alright, then!

    So, who should we stab today, eh?

    I'd normally say Reynolds, but we don't want to mess up his girl's clothes any more than we have to. Plus, I like his dog. So how about we stab anyone who fails to show for the session?

    KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Alright, then!

    So, who should we stab today, eh?

    I'd normally say Reynolds, but we don't want to mess up his girl's clothes any more than we have to. Plus, I like his dog. So how about we stab anyone who fails to show for the session?

    But... if Rchanen doesn't show up then we'd be stabbing our very own ST.

    That could be troublesome.

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Alright, then!

    So, who should we stab today, eh?

    I'd normally say Reynolds, but we don't want to mess up his girl's clothes any more than we have to. Plus, I like his dog. So how about we stab anyone who fails to show for the session?

    But... if Rchanen doesn't show up then we'd be stabbing our very own ST.

    That could be troublesome.

    Only if we stab Rchanen fatally. We could give our ST a chance at redemption by making it a non-critical stabbing.

    KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Why was I first on the list?

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Why was I first on the list?

    Because I haven't forgiven you for ruining my car! Meanie.

    KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm working again this Wednesday. And believe me, I realize I said Wed was the best day for me. Before I asked for Wednesdays off, I'd only worked one of them in about three months. I'll be getting off (hopefully) at five, so I should be on by six.

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Game called on account of player RL problems and ST feeling ill. See you guys next Wednesday in #ODAM 6 pm CST.

    Rchanen on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I got held late at work, but I got online to set up the dicebot and leave a message. Texas (yes, all of it) flooded yesterday...which was my day off. So I had to go run an errand. At least I wasn't the only one with problems. Get well soon, ST.

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I got held late at work, but I got online to set up the dicebot and leave a message. Texas (yes, all of it) flooded yesterday...which was my day off. So I had to go run an errand. At least I wasn't the only one with problems. Get well soon, ST.

    We got bigger floods in Texas than you got in...

    ....oh, wait, you said Texas.

    Yup, biggest flood ever, then. 'Cuz it's Texas.

    KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    In one month...just two weeks, really...we've fluctuated between 90 degrees and beautiful, enough snow to cover cars, and floods. Texas weather is ridiculous. The last few days have been fine (while I was working) and Saturday more thunderstorms are expected (my other day off).

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ah, thank god for the delay, I had been on vacation to a place with no internet.

    It is a strange world some people live in, lacking the ability to check Wikipedia at whim.

    JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

    I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, I just called in to get my schedule. I'm working Wed 5-10 (closing the store down). Apparently they do not understand 'I want Wednesdays off' doesn't mean 'schedule me every Wednesday possible'. I'll try to yell at them tomorrow or Sunday if I can. I'm working almost every night that week, as well, Mon and Fri off. I'll see what I can do, but sorry if I can't make it.

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This game is now closed. Reynold's work is screwing him, I'm habitually not feeling well, and RL is causing problems with most of the remaining players. We just can't make it run. But thanks you guys, I had a hell of a good time.

    And best use of a car ever....

    Rchanen on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I blame the other people.

    It was a good shot at it, but these problems happen. I am sad, but maybe someone else will do something with Scion.

    Hopefully!

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fun while it lasted. Although now I'm really pissed at my boss for this. I hope getting time off isn't going to always be so hard. Ugh.

    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
Sign In or Register to comment.