As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moments of the week 14/11/07

• Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Did no one read Punisher Max this week? I didn't expect that last page, although I kind of expected it happening eventually.

Yeah, that was a real : o moment. I mean, dang.
    punisher_52_023.jpg

punisher_52_024.jpg

I love Barracuda, in a very scary way.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hahaha oh my God

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The very end of Green Arrow & Black Canary was great.
    "I already gave you my underwear"
    "And let's never speak of that again"
    "Deal"

NEXT: DEALBREAKER!

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Did no one read Punisher Max this week? I didn't expect that last page, although I kind of expected it happening eventually.

punisher_52_023.jpg

punisher_52_024.jpg

Holy shit! *runs back to comic shop to get this*

KVW on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

punisher_52_023.jpg

punisher_52_024.jpg

Jesus fucking christ

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

punisher_52_023.jpg

punisher_52_024.jpg

Sweet mother of pearl.

He is so dead

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I do believe Punisher Max may have just jumped the shark.

I mean,
    once you've shot a baby in the head,
    where else is there to go...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Kris_xK wrote: »

punisher_52_023.jpg

punisher_52_024.jpg

Sweet mother of pearl.

He is so dead

see, that's the thing

when
    Frank found out 'Cuda had his kid, he went berserkin'; biting into 'Cuda's face and tearing the shit out of him until Frank passed out, totally forgetting it afterwards. Killing him just isn't enough at this point. I know torture isn't Frank's thing, but at this point I don't think anything other than four issues of Frank sodomizing Barracuda is going to give his justified emotional response.

Or he could have swapped her with another baby at some point, we never actually see her other than when Barracuda is on the plane and punisher_52_013.jpg

anyway, now I want to reread the old Barracuda arc pretty hard

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I really do hope people looking at that spoiler know who's baby that is....

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Bogart wrote: »
    I think the main symbiote invasion storyline is actually going to play out in the pages of Mighty Avengers. If Frank Cho was faster the issues would have come out at the same time as the New Avengers ones and would probably make more sense.

Wait, we're having another Symbiote Iinvasion? I thought they were wiped out as a species during the last one.

Of course, during the last one, Venom and Eddie bonded irrevocably, and we all saw how long that actually lasted for...

Doom.

I hope the actual Symbiote attack thing is only a couple issues in MA, and the rest of the arc is them dealing with Doom, because when it's summed up so succiently in NA I do not want to see it dragged out for six issues.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Green Arrow/Black Canary was great, but, I don't know, the whole thing with Speedy's AIDS seems kind of strange in a relatively lighthearted story

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Also, Wonder Woman was actually good this month

Thanks Gail

I appreciated the Toronto shout-out

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »

Thanks Gail

you mean how you house nazis?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Green Arrow/Black Canary was great, but, I don't know, the whole thing with Speedy's AIDS seems kind of strange in a relatively lighthearted story
    It felt really forced in there.

Like all of sudden there was yelling about AIDS and I don't even know how we got here what

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Thanks Gail

you mean how you house nazis?

Well I personally don't

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »

Like all of sudden there was yelling about AIDS and I don't even know how we got here what

In the one issue of Robin she's with the Titans trying to get a cure for Superboy before Infinite Crisis and she says, "hey if you guys see a cure for AIDS in there can you grab it please"

and i'm thinking "how the fuck can't they cure aids in the DCU this doesn't make any sense"

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    why would you be concerned about having a fatal illness, just wait a while and you'll be back to life in no time.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Not her- she's a 4th generation sidekick. They'd kill her off and not bat an eye, just like that girl-Robin.

Tach on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ok, but then someone else has to get aids.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »

It didn't seem too forced to me. It was a decent way to tell me more about the character, seeing as how this is the beginning of the series and all. I didn't know anything about that Speedy before this book so that little bit combined with a visit to wikipedia gave me a good background on her. After reading a bit of her backstory, I'd say that she is justified in being pissed at that amazon snob.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Now, the question I have is are most of the Amazons disguised Apokolyptians, or are they all women from different shelters? Also, will Goodness' treachery be revealed when the Death of New Gods rips out her heart, or before?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    To me it did seem kind of forced because out of nowhere she was like "WHY DO YOU GUYS HATE ME, IS IT BECAUSE OF THE HIV?"

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    To me it did seem kind of forced because out of nowhere she was like "WHY DO YOU GUYS HATE ME, IS IT BECAUSE OF THE HIV?"
    To be fair, it's not like they're there in any sort of diplomatic capacity. She was trying to pick a fight.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Judd Winick writing about AIDS?

How surprising!

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    To be fair, it's not like they're there in any sort of diplomatic capacity. She was trying to pick a fight.

Plus, if you had HIV/AIDS, and some bitch wanted you to leave because you were, as she put it "unclean", I'd assume all bets are off.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I have the entire green arrow run except for the issue with just "HIV" and a picture of Mia on the cover

because it was dumb

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Plus, if you had HIV/AIDS, and some bitch wanted you to leave because you were, as she put it "unclean", I'd assume all bets are off.
    Especially since these aren't the actually superior to humans Amazons, but either Apokolyptians, or a bunch of homeless women.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Okay, I read that issue of Punisher MAX.
    Did he really shoot the baby? I mean, is that allowed ina comic, even if its a MAX title? I'm kinda thinking it was a fake baby, but Baracuda is pretty messed up from what I understand and wouldnt hesitate to actually kill it, but did they just not want to show it in graphic detail in the book or is it just a fake out? The way Frank reacted, I assume he'd know if baby brains splattered or not and wouldnt be fooled by a fake doll or something. Either way, I picked up the last couple issues and got the next one on pull after seeing this. This is some messed up shit and I think I likes it.

KVW on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    Did he really shoot the baby? I mean, is that allowed ina comic, even if its a MAX title? I'm kinda thinking it was a fake baby, but Baracuda is pretty messed up from what I understand and wouldnt hesitate to actually kill it, but did they just not want to show it in graphic detail in the book or is it just a fake out? The way Frank reacted, I assume he'd know if baby brains splattered or not and wouldnt be fooled by a fake doll or something. Either way, I picked up the last couple issues and got the next one on pull after seeing this. This is some messed up shit and I think I likes it.
    It seems not to be the real baby. Based on his miniseries of what I can remember he doesn't purposely kill kids like that.

Algertman on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Everything is allowed in a MAX comic, I guess. The russian dude was punting babies off cliffs like footballs a couple arcs ago.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I have the entire green arrow run except for the issue with just "HIV" and a picture of Mia on the cover

because it was dumb

That sounds totally awesome, I want that issue

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

because it was dumb

That sounds totally awesome, I want that issue
    Is it like Speedy's heroin cover?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My moment of the week (probably a couple of weeks ago for the rest of you) is realising that She-Hulk is no longer going to be some absurdist weirdo crap and will focus more on being a regular superhero comic. Damn it.

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Punisher #52
    "YOU BEST BELIEVE YOU GONNA KILL ME NOW."

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Technically, we don't see Frank's reaction. We only saw his eyes narrow when the gun was pointed at the supposed baby. We don't know what his reaction is to the actual shooting.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

punisher_52_023.jpg

punisher_52_024.jpg

Jesus.
    I think I'm going to start picking this up.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    i love how everyone is like

"man, i don't think i like punisher MAX"

"...oh wait, they
    shot a baby in the head?
    Fuck, I'm gonna pick it up right now!"

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    There were actually a lot of good moments for me this week... but I have to say, Punisher War Journal... it's like they're the anti-punisher max... just in terms of being able to have a little fun...
    Rhino: Wait, you don't have that green fist thing, do you?
    Spider poking his head over the building after being taken out by Kraven: "Is it safe?"

Also, did anyone else read Avengers Initative?
    Did they just stealth retcon Pete unmasking?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    did anybody notice how that dude almost shot himself in the arm

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    SpeedySwaf wrote: »
    Technically, we don't see Frank's reaction. We only saw his eyes narrow when the gun was pointed at the supposed baby. We don't know what his reaction is to the actual shooting.
    Yes. Babies can be shot in comics. Not that it was the baby, but perhaps another baby. Or, sadly, since it's Barracuda, it may be THE baby.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD