Options

'Dragonball' Movie on Track: What the Fuck, Chow?

145791033

Posts

  • Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The move is actually translated as "spirit ball" he used it in his last fight in Dragonball against Kami (disguised as one of the spectators)

    He hit Kami a couple of times and then got beaten.

    BigJoeM on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Cyvros wrote: »
    That's just... Just...

    Words cannot describe what's going through my mind at the moment.

    It's okay. We all had the same feelings.

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Cyvros wrote: »
    That's just... Just...

    Words cannot describe what's going through my mind at the moment.

    It's okay. We all had the same feelings.

    I don't get how they decided showing that they were stronger was "more hair".
    Like, SSJ3 was depressing enough.

    Local H Jay on
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    They also do the fusion dance.

    That's like overkill squared.

    Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    SilvoculousSilvoculous Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't get how they decided showing that they were stronger was "more hair".
    Like, SSJ3 was depressing enough.

    Did anyone else totally miss the advent of SSJ2? As soon as SSJ3 was announced in the Buu Saga, I was bewildered.

    Then Goku does that demonstration thing on each of the SSJ levels, probably because so many people were confused.

    Silvoculous on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't get how they decided showing that they were stronger was "more hair".
    Like, SSJ3 was depressing enough.

    Did anyone else totally miss the advent of SSJ2? As soon as SSJ3 was announced in the Buu Saga, I was bewildered.

    Then Goku does that demonstration thing on each of the SSJ levels, probably because so many people were confused.

    It was a very vague concept until he did that. I just assumed they were "Juicing up", by screaming and clenching their fists.

    Local H Jay on
  • Options
    SilvoculousSilvoculous Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The only visible difference from SSJ1 and 2 were two things - hair was spikier, and it stuck up more. That, and the golden aura was more intense. Far too subtle to stand on its own.

    Silvoculous on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The only visible difference from SSJ1 and 2 were two things - hair was spikier, and it stuck up more. That, and the golden aura was more intense. Far too subtle to stand on its own.
    There was also a sparking electric aura. SSJ1 didn't have that.

    SabreMau on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    They also do the fusion dance.

    That's like overkill squared.

    I loved the fusion dance. Absolutely absurd, but I love watching it. :D

    Cyvros on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'll agree with everything said about DB GT..

    BUT, with that said, the ending still causes me to tear up slightly. I really liked the DBGT OP too.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPuRKTNl6oc
    And it's in Spanish because that's how I'll always remember it.

    Kyougu on
  • Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    As much as GT was a clusterfuck of bad ideas Dan Dan is still a great opening.

    BigJoeM on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    There are rumours that Hugh Jackman will appear as Vegeta. I really like him as an actor, but I just can't see him in any way as Vegeta.

    Cyvros on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While he is short, he isn't pissed off enough.
    Vegeta has the constant scowl. I'm thinking more along the lines of...
    abc_devito_070828_ms.jpg

    Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While he is short, he isn't pissed off enough.

    6' 2" tall is short?

    Weird how they get the same average height guy to play short characters.

    Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While he is short, he isn't pissed off enough.

    6' 2" tall is short?

    Weird how they get the same average height guy to play short characters.

    He looked short in X-men... okay, I'm just retarded then.

    Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While he is short, he isn't pissed off enough.

    6' 2" tall is short?

    Weird how they get the same average height guy to play short characters.

    He looked short in X-men... okay, I'm just retarded then.
    Well, he was acting next to Famke most of the time, and she's 6' tall herself.

    Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While he is short, he isn't pissed off enough.
    Vegeta has the constant scowl. I'm thinking more along the lines of...
    abc_devito_070828_ms.jpg

    Ugh.


    Ugh I say!
    Edit-
    I have quoted the wrong post. Still works though.

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    leo1gb1.jpg

    Vegeta, Prince of Saiyans, advertising rich creamery butter.

    SabreMau on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While he is short, he isn't pissed off enough.

    6' 2" tall is short?

    Weird how they get the same average height guy to play short characters.

    He looked short in X-men... okay, I'm just retarded then.
    Well, he was acting next to Famke most of the time, and she's 6' tall herself.

    Also James Marsden wore platform shoes so he looked taller (Wolverines only supposed to be 5'3)

    The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While he is short, he isn't pissed off enough.

    6' 2" tall is short?

    Weird how they get the same average height guy to play short characters.

    He looked short in X-men... okay, I'm just retarded then.
    Well, he was acting next to Famke most of the time, and she's 6' tall herself.

    Also James Marsden wore platform shoes so he looked taller (Wolverines only supposed to be 5'3)
    Yeah, in the commentary Singer talks about how, while James isn't really short (he's like 5'9") they ended up with 2 pretty tall folks in Logan and Jean and it wouldn't look right for them to tower over Cyclops.

    Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have to bring this back up because I was laughing for 5 min straight at this new article I found trolling the internet.

    According to Anime News Network Chow Yun-Fat is going to play Master Roshi. If that wasn't enough there are leaked photos of the outdoor sets where they are filming fight scenes.

    I can't read the blog since it's in spanish, but the pictures alone made me laugh hard. My mind is exploding at the thought of all the corniness that is sure to be in this movie. I know the show itself is argued to be corny, but judging from the pictures they aim to kick it up a notch.

    One can only hope that globs of "movie magic" is added to this future film.

    tallgeeze on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is that some Chichi in pink spandex in there?

    SabreMau on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have no clue. That's what makes this so funny to me.

    I know it will be cleaned up in post production, but from judging from those pictures I would think they were filming an episode of Power Rangers.

    tallgeeze on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    I have no clue. That's what makes this so funny to me.

    I know it will be cleaned up in post production, but from judging from those pictures I would think they were filming an episode of Power Rangers.

    Man that is an insult, Power Rangers had better production values.

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    We all must have faith and harness the power of Stephen Chow and chant his mantra.

    "It may be corny but it'll be great."

    "It may be cheesy but it'll be fun."

    Come on guys D:

    MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    We all must have faith and harness the power of Stephen Chow and chant his mantra.

    "It may be corny but it'll be great."

    "It may be cheesy but it'll be fun."

    Come on guys D:

    One word.

    Teto.




    This movie was never going to be good.

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SonnySonny Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Live action DBZ could never be good....Its just too unreal to be made into a movie...If that makes any sense..

    Sonny on
    Untitled-1-1.gif
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sonny wrote: »
    Live action DBZ could never be good....Its just too unreal to be made into a movie...If that makes any sense..

    I get it, but there are a few movies that've come out recently that give me hope for decent fight scenes. The Matrix one was great, and that was a couple years ago. The stuff in that new Will Smith movie (Hancock?)also looks good, if they can keep that up for massive fight scenes. Really, that's all anyone cares about with Dragon Ball. A couple guy duking it out, occasionally breaking a mountain.

    I think the hardest part is gonna be getting the whole laser beam chi thing looking good. I've yet to see any live-action movie or series anywhere show a person firing laser beams out of their hands and making it look non-retarded.

    Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Sonny wrote: »
    Live action DBZ could never be good....Its just too unreal to be made into a movie...If that makes any sense..

    I get it, but there are a few movies that've come out recently that give me hope for decent fight scenes. The Matrix one was great, and that was a couple years ago. The stuff in that new Will Smith movie (Hancock?)also looks good, if they can keep that up for massive fight scenes. Really, that's all anyone cares about with Dragon Ball. A couple guy duking it out, occasionally breaking a mountain.

    I think the hardest part is gonna be getting the whole laser beam chi thing looking good. I've yet to see any live-action movie or series anywhere show a person firing laser beams out of their hands and making it look non-retarded.

    From all that we know (which yes, is not much) it seems that they're aiming for more of a Dragonball feel, which is more martial arts focused.

    Kyougu on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I think the hardest part is gonna be getting the whole laser beam chi thing looking good. I've yet to see any live-action movie or series anywhere show a person firing laser beams out of their hands and making it look non-retarded.

    A movie which did it in an interesting fashion, but not what I would call really convincingly was The Covenant when they were throwing around the big telekinetic blasts.

    devoir on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    devoir wrote: »
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I think the hardest part is gonna be getting the whole laser beam chi thing looking good. I've yet to see any live-action movie or series anywhere show a person firing laser beams out of their hands and making it look non-retarded.

    A movie which did it in an interesting fashion, but not what I would call really convincingly was The Covenant when they were throwing around the big telekinetic blasts.

    I was just thinking that Covenant was one of the worst examples of that sort of thing. Maybe it was better than I remember, but I can't recall over the horrific acting. I'd watch it again to be sure, but... you know.

    Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    gabrielzerogabrielzero Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    There was some special effects in Shoot Em up , that made me believe DBZ could look good on the big screen.

    gabrielzero on
    Roleplay Adventures <--- If you like to role-play , then this is the forum for you. ^_^
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I was just thinking that Covenant was one of the worst examples of that sort of thing. Maybe it was better than I remember, but I can't recall over the horrific acting. I'd watch it again to be sure, but... you know.

    I just thought it was an interesting take, with the telekinetic blasts looking like gravity-free water. The special effects in that movie were pretty different from what I remember. The car thing, for example, was pretty neat.
    There was some special effects in Shoot Em up , that made me believe DBZ could look good on the big screen.

    Oh? I just watched that last night. What are you referring to?

    devoir on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    devoir wrote: »
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I was just thinking that Covenant was one of the worst examples of that sort of thing. Maybe it was better than I remember, but I can't recall over the horrific acting. I'd watch it again to be sure, but... you know.

    I just thought it was an interesting take, with the telekinetic blasts looking like gravity-free water. The special effects in that movie were pretty different from what I remember. The car thing, for example, was pretty neat.
    There was some special effects in Shoot Em up , that made me believe DBZ could look good on the big screen.

    Oh? I just watched that last night. What are you referring to?
    The gun fight in the air is the only one that comes to mind.

    Kyougu on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Up through the Piccolo fight at the end of DB, nobody really does the mid-air combat thing like they do in DBZ. The most that happens is they jump up really high or use flight to keep from falling out of bounds, pretty much.

    SabreMau on
  • Options
    urbmanurbman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The best way to do a completely mid air fight is to have the guys fight in a green room. CG the sky and what not. If you watch DBZ even their close seem too defy gravity when they fight.


    And Fuck DB i want a YU YU Hakushou movie.

    urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    And have the green room in an aircraft doing a dive so they're really in free-fall.

    SabreMau on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    urbman wrote: »
    The best way to do a completely mid air fight is to have the guys fight in a green room. CG the sky and what not. If you watch DBZ even their close seem too defy gravity when they fight.


    And Fuck DB i want a YU YU Hakushou movie.

    Listen to this man. He speaks the truth.

    Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yes, YYH would work much better as a live action film. Especially early-on, before the shonen-tournament-ness starts to kick in.

    FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    devoir on
Sign In or Register to comment.