As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Console Freeplay suggestions for next year

LuqLuq Registered User regular
edited August 2005 in PAX Archive
Since we already have a thread for BYOC and PC Freeplay, this seemed useful.

My suggestions:
1. Dedicated stations for super popular games like Smash Bros. This allows for broader socializing than just playing with your friends and the occasional dude who stops by. It also gets rid of the 'We're out of Smash Bros, wait over there for awhile.' deal.

2. Firm rules laid out ahead of time. There was a lot of confusion about bringing your own games, consoles and the like.

3. An enforcer memory card bitch. This guy manages a portfolio of savegames with unlocked content. I was too worried about forgetting my memcard to bring it. I'm notoriously absentminded.

Despite any complaints, it fucking rocked. Thanks to everyone who volunteered as enforcers or just volunteered their systems.

FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
Luq on

• Options
    SPAMZILLASPAMZILLA Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    How about an actual freeplay room instead of freeplay hall?

On that topic, there should definately be a "Handheld Room" where people can gather and play PSP games or DS games or hell even check out that guy who brought the Lynx, and have all those long lost NGPC folks get something on in that regard.

SPAMZILLA on
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Yeah, the "Freeplay Room" was a joke this year. Hopefully it'll be an actual room next year.

Oh, and that line was bullshit. It should be more like the console room last year where you could sit anf play a game at your leisue, when a tournament wasn't being run.

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    SPAMZILLASPAMZILLA Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    duderdude2 wrote:
    Yeah, the "Freeplay Room" was a joke this year. Hopefully it'll be an actual room next year.

Oh, and that line was bullshit. It should be more like the console room last year where you could sit anf play a game at your leisue, when a tournament wasn't being run.

Well I'm definately in support of seperate rooms for tourneys. Staffing a few of the Console tourneys turned me into a believer on that front. There's alot of setup to do, plus its nice to let the stench air out once in a while.

SPAMZILLA on
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    SPAMZILLA wrote:
    Well I'm definately in support of seperate rooms for tourneys. Staffing a few of the Console tourneys turned me into a believer on that front.

No, no, I totally agree, I didn't mean to have free play in the tournament room. What I meant was that I wish there were a room dedicated to freeplay that was similar to how the tournament room was between tournaments last year. Speaking of which, I loved the way the tournament room was laid and run this year, much better than last. But we still need a dedicated freeplay console room.

duderdude2 on