As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Eve Online Special Edition] Expansions, Mac/Linux Clients, and newbie drive

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sakeido wrote: »
    Whatever his name is saw fit to reject my application even though I followed whatever directions there are to a T. So I won't be in 0.0 just yet.

How long was it? I wrote a good 3 paragraph description about why I was interested in the game, what I expected to find in the corp, and what my short-term and long-term goals were.

Sorry man, hope you'll be with us before too long.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Whatever his name is saw fit to reject my application even though I followed whatever directions there are to a T. So I won't be in 0.0 just yet.

How long was it? I wrote a good 3 paragraph description about why I was interested in the game, what I expected to find in the corp, and what my short-term and long-term goals were.

I told him what I wanted to get out of the game (PvP), what I was doing so I could be good at PvP, and my plans for the meantime. Then I responded to the rejection mentioning I wasn't a trial user and kind of reiterated what I was saying before.. I figured I was being in depth, but straight and to the point at the time :D

Sakeido on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I told him what I wanted to get out of the game (PvP), what I was doing so I could be good at PvP, and my plans for the meantime. Then I responded to the rejection mentioning I wasn't a trial user and kind of reiterated what I was saying before.. I figured I was being in depth, but straight and to the point at the time :D

The number one cause of getting rejected is not mentioning Penny Arcade in your app. Any corp in a 0.0 alliance is a huge beacon to people looking for a free ride on the gravy train, and we get tons of applications from people talking about how they want to use their freighter/dread pilot selflessly for the glory of the corp, yada yada; but in reality they're all corp thieves and chinese farmers using pre-written applications.

Bremen on
  • Options
    RhonynRhonyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Whatever his name?

Bitch be shitting me!

Rhonyn on
  • Options
    OptimusWangOptimusWang Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Rhonyn wrote: »

Whatever his name?

Bitch be shitting me!

get

out

e: for the newbie, frigs are free for members and you can salvage/loot wrecks to your heart's content for cash. Personally, I would take the free frigs and go do every combat op you can instead of grinding away for cash.

OptimusWang on
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hmm.. how easy is it to get from Merch space to Empire space?

Interesting interview about the new avatars and stations at RPS
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=1448
    Talking about all the player created content they are going to allow, like bars and restaraunts and that. Set up your own dialogue trees, etc. Sounds pretty badass.

Oh . . . oh god. My, oh god. I cannot wait until I am playing Eve. I have had the money to buy my new computer for two weeks now but I've been . . . I don't know, scared to spend that much money. I have to now though. Oh man . . . :winky:

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Bremen wrote: »

The number one cause of getting rejected is not mentioning Penny Arcade in your app. Any corp in a 0.0 alliance is a huge beacon to people looking for a free ride on the gravy train, and we get tons of applications from people talking about how they want to use their freighter/dread pilot selflessly for the glory of the corp, yada yada; but in reality they're all corp thieves and chinese farmers using pre-written applications.

I mentioned my PA forum name too. I posted here a couple times saying I was going to apply. I just don't get it!

Sakeido on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

I mentioned my PA forum name too. I posted here a couple times saying I was going to apply. I just don't get it!

You have 861 posts and have been on the PA forums since July 2005. I can't imagine why you got rejected... wait, yes I can. Rhonyn's lazy and.... Rhonyn's lazy? That could be it.

Or maybe he suspects you're a spy. Are you a spy? You're not a spy, are you?

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Rius wrote: »

You have 861 posts and have been on the PA forums since July 2005. I can't imagine why you got rejected... wait, yes I can. Rhonyn's lazy and.... Rhonyn's lazy? That could be it.

I am no spy! 8-)

Sakeido on
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Speeeeaking of spies, I will be coming to MRCHI.

Daryll Birch.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    RhonynRhonyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Rius wrote: »

I am no spy! 8-)

As much as raging on Rius is fun, and using you as an intermediary would be entertaining, I'd rather not.

In any case, feel free to reapply with the text "Rius Nerdrage Special Edition" and I will add you.

Rhonyn on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I will soon be applying to Merch Industrial, I am Manticore Rend.

Rend on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Rend, you dick! Why do you have to join after I quit?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Rend wrote: »
    I will soon be applying to Merch Industrial, I am Manticore Rend.

:Tinfoil:

The Stars Are Right.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

This is obviously a sign that you should join once again.

Romantic Undead, you and I can control the galaxy together. As father...

...and SON!

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Rend wrote: »

This is obviously a sign that you should join once again.

Romantic Undead, you and I can control the galaxy together. As father...

...and SON!

Well, I'm pretty old as far as age demographic of this board goes, so I guess that makes me the dad?

I can't come back though, just don't have the time. I had fun while I was around but Eve takes a crazy amount of dedication to become successful in, and I can't devote the time. I certainly appreciate the work guys like Rhonyn put into it though, so kudos to them. I hope you have fun!

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Besides, Romantic Undead has a habit of accidently exploding any ships you give him :P

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    'Ey all. Not a player of EVE myself but curious as to what's currently going on in The Great War as EVE wars are kind of interesting.

Current events? Approximate ratio of time spent grinding BoB ass into the ground?

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Besides, Romantic Undead has a habit of accidently exploding any ships you give him :P

Give shmive! I paid you in full you big baby! Yeah it was a good deal, which I appreciated, but of course, I forgot that you've never lost a ship ever. ;-) <3

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    OptimusWangOptimusWang Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    'Ey all. Not a player of EVE myself but curious as to what's currently going on in The Great War as EVE wars are kind of interesting.

Current events? Approximate ratio of time spent grinding BoB ass into the ground?

We just reset standings to a shit-ton of people, so we're all off riding bikes and killing anyone who lives within 20 jumps of us :^:

BoB is contained to a single region that we've decided to squat on until they finally roll over and die. It will happen, and the reset will certainly help the time pass.

OptimusWang on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Gah, I can't wait . . I've picked out my character name and got a rough idea for my portrait already. Woo.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm very interested in playing Eve. I've read all the noob guides and seen most of the videos in the op. Though I can't play it now as I'm paying for two mmos at the moment. When AoC comes out I might switch my other subscription to Eve to play with you guys.

drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hey guys, I haven't played this in about a year, but I figured I would give the new expansion a try. Has the UI changed a bunch? Should I give the tutorial another whirl?

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dusda wrote: »
    Hey guys, I haven't played this in about a year, but I figured I would give the new expansion a try. Has the UI changed a bunch? Should I give the tutorial another whirl?

Yes, but only if you want the nude textures..

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Give shmive! I paid you in full you big baby! Yeah it was a good deal, which I appreciated, but of course, I forgot that you've never lost a ship ever. ;-) <3

I quit the game the first time I lost a battleship. Of course, this was back in Empire space where it is hard to make money for a battleship. That and they were a bit more expensive way back when.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »

We just reset standings to a shit-ton of people, so we're all off riding bikes and killing anyone who lives within 20 jumps of us :^:

BoB is contained to a single region that we've decided to squat on until they finally roll over and die. It will happen, and the reset will certainly help the time pass.

Just looked at the most recent map.. damn you arent kidding BoB definately lost alot of ground, What about the surrounding areas, is MC still fighting for BoB, how many other slave corps/alliances do they have.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    EDIT: Nevermind, totally went off on the wrong tangent when I tried to read deeper into skill training on the wiki and thought I would have to join Goonfleet in order to keep reading. Really misleading, the way stuff is set up there.

Anyway, I'm applying for Merch Industrial, so, yea. My ingame name is Kilonen.

Dusda on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You can't get a goonfleet account without being in goonfleet first. You can't be in goonfleet unless you are a goon, and you can't be a goon without being a Something Awful member. It is a corp for people from that site, much like Merch Industrial is a corp for people from this site.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So Merch Industrial is an ally of GoonFleet that has access to the Goon wiki? I'm really interested in using the Goon wiki to help me when I'm playing but if I can't get access to it via being a Penny Arcade member, well . . . I've paid for forum accounts before and I don't mind doing it again. The 3-month wait kind of sucks though maybe I can get somebody to sponsor me. I've been on these forums enough and post a lot so . . . I dunno.

I've paid for all of my computer parts today, I should be done some time last week at the latest with building and such.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    umilmi81umilmi81 Registered User new member
    edited April 2008
    I put in an application for your consideration. Character name "Umiji"

umilmi81 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    You can't get a goonfleet account without being in goonfleet first. You can't be in goonfleet unless you are a goon, and you can't be a goon without being a Something Awful member. It is a corp for people from that site, much like Merch Industrial is a corp for people from this site.

I chatted with one of the Goonfleet guys in their EVE help channel, and he said that getting into Merch Industrial would give me access to their wiki, thus subverting the whole SA thing.

Dusda on
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I chatted with one of the Goonfleet guys in their EVE help channel, and he said that getting into Merch Industrial would give me access to their wiki, thus subverting the whole SA thing.
    I think there's a waiting period, but yeah.

gilrain on
  • Options
    littwentythreelittwentythree Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    After a month of being MRCHI, you get Goon wiki access. Which is very useful for a newbie, barring some really fucked up fittings.

littwentythree on
    newsig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    gilrain wrote: »
    I think there's a waiting period, but yeah.

Well then, thats a pretty cool perk. If playing Eve sticks this time, I imagine I'll be taking full advantage of that.

Oh, and I submitted the application. I'll keep an eye on my Eve-mail box.

Dusda on
  • Options
    PhantPhant Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Is MRCHI interested in recruiting more experienced pilots? Ive sort of semi-retired my main char and been tooling around with a idiotically named alt for the last 8 months or so due to my apathy towards my corp. Ive been flying with the same people more or less for the last 2 years, and I have come to the conclusion that due to certain patterns they have gotten into that not much is going to change. Not bad guys, but im just tired of the same old schit.

Little extra info, main is around 32mil sp, highly skilled in all basic matari ship types as well as capable of flying the Claymore command ship, quite a bit of basic industrial ability due to my wandering attention. Cut my pvp-eyeteeth in the Huzzah-Short bus squad war in providence and remained with Huzzah until its dissoloution. Sience then ive tooled around with a corp that was formed of what was left of the fighting core of Huzzah(ie those who stuck around to fight when things got heavy, instead of pussying out when it got harder than trashing fleets of FIX ships). But I really feel like id dig a change. I had had the idea of training him towards a Nafalgar, but considering the semi-nomadic nature of my current corp I couldent be assed to handle the logistics.

Phant on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Srsly people, he isn't even a good spy.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Checked my eve mail and haven't gotten a response from Merch Industrial yet. I'll keep checking in.

Dusda on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Phant wrote: »
    Is MRCHI interested in recruiting more experienced pilots? Ive sort of semi-retired my main char and been tooling around with a idiotically named alt for the last 8 months or so due to my apathy towards my corp. Ive been flying with the same people more or less for the last 2 years, and I have come to the conclusion that due to certain patterns they have gotten into that not much is going to change. Not bad guys, but im just tired of the same old schit.

Little extra info, main is around 32mil sp, highly skilled in all basic matari ship types as well as capable of flying the Claymore command ship, quite a bit of basic industrial ability due to my wandering attention. Cut my pvp-eyeteeth in the Huzzah-Short bus squad war in providence and remained with Huzzah until its dissoloution. Sience then ive tooled around with a corp that was formed of what was left of the fighting core of Huzzah(ie those who stuck around to fight when things got heavy, instead of pussying out when it got harder than trashing fleets of FIX ships). But I really feel like id dig a change. I had had the idea of training him towards a Nafalgar, but considering the semi-nomadic nature of my current corp I couldent be assed to handle the logistics.

You should totally try the auth form at goonfleet.com.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Did they re-make the tutorial and early Agent missions content? I don't remember the PvE being the slightest bit entertaining or rewarding, early on. Now I'm actually having some fun with it. Its been over a year and a half since I've done the early stuff, if that means anything.

Dusda on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    EVE Online is on Steam but which version? Classic or Premium? I've got it downloading on both Opera and Steam but if the Steam version is Premium, I can cancel and make Stream go faster but I need an answer first.

Thanks.

Regicid3 on
This discussion has been closed.