As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Eve Online Special Edition] Expansions, Mac/Linux Clients, and newbie drive

• Options
    SinclairSinclair Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    Ummmm, got my application rejected. Can I know why? (sniffs armpits suspiciously)

Sinclair on
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Probably because you joined the forum in order to join MRCHI, or at least, your join date and post history indicate that. You could hang around a while, become a regular poster, and try again with maybe better luck.

gilrain on
  • Options
    DavorDavor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Geovani wrote: »
    Interested in joining you folks. Ingame name is Kiolono, not a total newb but I have been out of the game a while.

Not a spy, old friend of mine. I told him to make an account and stop lurking, I guess that translated to make an account then first post in the recruitment thread. :lol: Real good guy though.

Davor on
  • Options
    YoshiYoshi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    After reading two threads I could find on here, I'm restraining the urge to hop up and down like a giddy schoolgirl.

I'm on my THIRD trial account in two years now, and I'm looking to take the plunge this time. WoW is getting boring, It's been nothing but minimal gear upgrades for my character for six months now. At the same time, ratting and running random missions is just as boring to me; it's the same damn grind, just with a metallic sheen and 125mm railguns. MerchI looks like unhealthy amounts of fun.

I've been lurking the PA forums for over a year, mostly on WoW-related topics (back when WoW had it's own forum), so unfortunately this small solitary post will do nothing to help my credibility :(

Knowing this I'm a little hesitant to even apply, especially if it's most certainly going to be rejected for LOL POST MOAR.

Yoshi on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Question for you guys, while I'm at it: what's the best thing to do with all the junk I looted during the opening missions? (small sensor dampers, nos, ecm, random targetting mods - all meta level 1 or 2 shit). Make a couple of trips to Jita to pawn it? Whole or reprocessed?

Reprocess and sell the minerals, since you're probably not the only one wondering about this. If you're not sure on some of the named items, save them for later until you've got a handle on what is "best named" that you can sell or use, and what is shit you trash.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    SinclairSinclair Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    gilrain wrote: »
    Probably because you joined the forum in order to join MRCHI, or at least, your join date and post history indicate that. You could hang around a while, become a regular poster, and try again with maybe better luck.

Ah, fair enough. I'll go and opine on some other threads.

Sinclair on
  • Options
    KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If I can get the damned client to download properly, I may very well start playing again. Managed to find my login info for the many accounts I had trialed with.

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AiolosAiolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Postin to let you folks know I'll be sending an application off later today (and checking in the chat channel). Like I mentioned in the newbie thread my characters mainly a Caldari miner / trader and the accounts been on and off for awhile so I'm looking for a little more corp / lowsec involvement this time around, having technically been with DCM for 2 years. (Characters name is 'Valentine Deteis')

Does the merch have a lot of GMT players or is the bulk on US time? (spyspy lol)

Aiolos on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hmm. Wonder if I remember the password to my old account that I played for a few months?

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    YoshiYoshi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Aw hell, I'll send an app in anyway.
    Ingame name is Yoshimitsu Tokugawa.

Yoshi on
  • Options
    dawningphoenixdawningphoenix Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Long time lurker here, but I've gotten really hooked on Eve the last couple days, and it's awesome. I'll be sending in an app soon. In-game name is Rochendil.

dawningphoenix on
  • Options
    S0upS0up Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just sent Merch Industrial an application. In game name is "Ken Fleck". I"m near the end of my trial and am hoping to continue it and get in on some 0.0 fun.

S0up on
  • Options
    suadeosuadeo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey guys. Just applied to Merch Industrial under the name of Talanad. I tried to play this about 6 months ago, but I just didn't have the time. But this time around, I plan on playing it as much as possible to see how I like it. Hopefully I can get out into 0.0 and see how PvP is.

Ok I'm an idiot. I had a char named Miliwen, but I deleted him. I applied with Talanad. Stupid names.

suadeo on
    Valseki.png
    My 360 is [strike]back[/strike] [strike]bricked[/strike] back! :D
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just got a trial account, downloaded the client, installed it and I'm ready to make a character so I can try and join MERCH. However, my memory is a little fuzzy on the character creation stuff.

Didn't there used to be a Goonfleet page designed to show people how to make combat characters right off the bat?

Edit: Whoops. Found it. Must have skimmed right past it when I was reading the first page.

Edit again: After tutorial I'll be applying under the name 'Misutei'.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    angryferret22angryferret22 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Applying to MerchI under the name "promethiusrevenge"

angryferret22 on
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've always been interested in this game so I'm rolling on the 21-day trial on steam. So after dicking around in the tutorial I'll send in an app to MerchI. I'm going under the name Kang Dae.

Why do I have such a huge ass asian jew nose?

drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey guys, another long time lurker here who's always been interested in EVE.

Just downloaded the trial and am playing as Onra Vakeri. Going to set up a MerchI app after getting a little more acquainted with the game.

TheSuperWoot on
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Seems like alot of people joining a fairly old game recently. I'm on the trial version at the moment, on my way to apply.

I'd played it a while back and it seemed interesting, but the game was just so massive and I didn't feel like learning it. I'm giving it another go because it seems like alot of PAers are into it, and I love me some space shootin's.

Anyway, my name is Mando Protok.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Applying to MerchI under the name "promethiusrevenge"

Should have joined with the name Angry Ferret, I would have been very pleased and given you free ships simply to see "Angry Ferret [OHGOD] has started to warp scramble _____".

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    eatblueshelleatblueshell Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey, this is Glach Duwat, I'm an ex merch, who stupidly left. Now applying to continue spying.

eatblueshell on
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm gonna apply to Merch. I've already played EVE a little (about 1-2 months, I forget), so I know the basics. Just getting back into the game again (not trial). I'm at Cruiser level, just doing agent missions and salvaging.

I'd like to get into 0.0 though, and I'm leaving the corp I was in (friend's corp) which I have returned to find dead.

In-game alias is Arka Zin. Probably put my app in tonight or tomorrow.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I tried this a while back, should I resub? I'm still a total noob.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If this game was single player like Tycho said, I would never play anything else. As it is, its very easy to feel like a very small, insignificant cog in a huge machine.

It is also one of the most beautiful, if not most beautiful, games ever made, so I dono what to say.

Sueve on
  • Options
    BuhamutZeoBuhamutZeo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm coming in to try out EvE for a couple of weeks. I want to see if it's FOR ME.

Name will hopefully be Buhamut.

I'd like a fine Corp. to join, aswell!

BuhamutZeo on
    MyBanner.jpg
    BRAWL: 1160-9686-9416
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That latest expansion video is, as per usual, amazingly beautiful. Gods I have to start playing this. Maybe once this whole Ikariam thing explodes

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've tried this game at least 3 times. Once with PA and twice with SA.

I don't know. I will think about it. (Part of me really wants to like this game for some reason but I never get past day 3.)

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Since we're getting an explosion of Apps, I want to mention that we're working on a new program for new members and, if I get a mod's permission, a new thread.

Everything should be ready in a day or two.

Bremen on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If I left the game a while ago what are the chances I am still in the corp? Its been more then 4 months easily....

I might resub tonight and try to play with some folks. Ive been dying to do stuff with some PA'ers and such.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Alright, I'm in game as Buhamut Zeo. Here we go! :D

Edit: Did the first two tutorial missions. Now headed to the Ishisomo VIII - Propel Dynamics Factory (Caldari) to sign up.

Was kinda hard to find the place, thank God for the tutorials.

BuhamutZeo on
    MyBanner.jpg
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If I left the game a while ago what are the chances I am still in the corp? Its been more then 4 months easily....

I might resub tonight and try to play with some folks. Ive been dying to do stuff with some PA'ers and such.

Pretty much zero. We purge inactives regularly.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ok, applied to join. So...do I just wait *here* in the factory or...do I go do something? >.>

Bah, forums crapped out for a minute.

BuhamutZeo on
    MyBanner.jpg
  • Options
    ogcam777ogcam777 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Nvm, just can't bring myself to fall into this trap again.

:(

Edit: Forgot to cancel the client download...so since it is just sitting there...>_>
    Expect mail from Avear Killidari

ogcam777 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BoneMonkeyBoneMonkey Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    Long time lurker here, you guys made this game so interesting that I signed up both here and for the trial. (Again I played it for a few days a few years back and found it kinda boring)

Downloading the trial now.

BoneMonkey on
  • Options
    ScreamlineScreamline Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    BuhamutZeo wrote: »
    Ok, applied to join. So...do I just wait *here* in the factory or...do I go do something? >.>

Bah, forums crapped out for a minute.

Go do some stuff. You don't have to wait in the station for the app to go through. You don't even have to wait in the same system. Go rat/trade/mine/run missions for spending cash while you get worked through the system.

Screamline on
  • Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh dear god, I'm going to try this again. Once I finish my tutorial, I'll be by to apply for corp membership. Onward to glory.

seabass on
    Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
  • Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    -snip-

wavecutter on
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Just started my 20 day trial, great fun so far, even if just newbie missions out of Pator and Ammold or however you spell it. I may be swinging by a Merch office and putting in my app soon (Character name Moro apDairg).

Somewhat related, on the first page of this thread there is a territory map... the link seems broken. This seems better

Fleeb on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Because there are a lot of you Newbees, this is a point I cannot reiterate enough because I slipped up on it and it ruined the game for me:
    Opsec. Don't talk about orders/locations from the higher ups in public places, ever. Get it fuckin memorized. Loose lips kill capsules.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This is a game I really want to love.

But the time requirement to do anything really cool in it is just beyond insane. It's not so much as game as it is a second life.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hmm. So I can't remember the account information for my old character. I may have to hop on a trial account to see if I've the time for this game nowadays.

Is there room for another lunatic frigate pilot?

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
This discussion has been closed.