As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heads Up : Lost Laptop

apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited September 2005 in PAX Archive
A friend of mine has just discovered that he is missing two bags - a laptop, and a bag of books. We are hypothesizing that we left them in the parking lot of the Red Lion.

The likelihood of this forum post leading to their recovery is ever so slight, but, hey, its worth a shot.

猿も木から落ちる
apotheos on

• Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    That sounds devastating. Good luck, I hope he finds them...

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    panksea06panksea06 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Well good luck finding them.

I think the Red Lion's number is 455 5240 if you haven't given them a call yet.

panksea06 on
    How can they expect me to have a sig when I am too lame to upload an avatar after 2 ye- oh wait...
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Check with the local police department too.

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    omoshiroiomoshiroi Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    We found a laptop on site after we closed - it was in a bag, and had been left in the Exhibition hall. Lemme find out who you can contact for PAX lost and found.

omoshiroi on
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
  • Options
    UnrequitedUnrequited Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Best of luck coming from somebody who lost something and had it returned thanks to an anonymous hero.

Unrequited on
    -Unrequited

signed/PLAYED Miyamoto guitar:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7567184222
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2005
    omoshiroi wrote:
    We found a laptop on site after we closed - it was in a bag, and had been left in the Exhibition hall. Lemme find out who you can contact for PAX lost and found.

I believe that laptop was picked up- i have all of the lost and found stuff and there is no laptop there.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    We had it Sunday night. It was lost at the hotel.

Unfortunatly they are being quite difficult about checking their lost and found. I put in another call this morning, they'll call me back.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Just wanted to throw in a Good Luck on this. I had my share of difficulty getting and keeping my stuff over the course of the weekend.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    Aiee... best of luck with that dude.

I feel your pain, I lost my D4 at PAX :cry:

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Laptop found.

I called them THREE times with no results, but Doc drove over to the Red Lion and they'd found it.

Either that or they were going to keep it until Doc threatened them.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    apotheos wrote:
    Laptop found.

I called them THREE times with no results, but Doc drove over to the Red Lion and they'd found it.

They claimed your phone number wasn't working, even though I was able to call you and leave a message.

Doc on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    apotheos wrote:
    Laptop found.

That's fantastic news! PAX ages like fine wine... it just keeps getting better. :wink:

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    omoshiroiomoshiroi Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    I'm so glad you got it back! I lost stuff at the Doubletree last year, and 5+ calls netted me absolutely no response whatsoever. I like the rooms, but I'm pretty thrilled at the notion of being in downtown seattle next year. A change is as good as a rest, I say.

omoshiroi on
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    omoshiroi wrote:
    ...but I'm pretty thrilled at the notion of being in downtown seattle next year.

The location will be nice, but parking will be a bitch. Argh, I might have to park in the outskirts and bus it in. I don't feel like paying 15 bucks per day.

duderdude2 on