Options

ROCK BAND: While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Downstrum Fix in OP)

1565758596062»

• Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man. Joker and the Thief... first song I needed to go into practice to complete. I failed that opening solo at LEAST six times in a row.

After a couple practice sessions, though I five-starred it, which was nice.

Remington on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Katya wrote: »
    You know what would be awesome DLC?

Diagnostics.

Seriously, I've become so paranoid that something is wrong with my equipment at this point and something like that sure would be helpful.

Me too. I'm playing the drums and I keep losing my combo for what seems like no reason. I can't tell if my lag settings are off (I've tried it a million different ways and it seems to make no difference), if I'm just really bad at the game (I don't think so?), or if my drums are broken (again).

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So, I play on that old ass CRT TV that was in my pictures and those are supposed to have zero lag, right? When I go to calibrate it always gives me like 85ms compensation. Sup with that?

Remington on
  • Options
    LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lord Yod wrote: »
    Bad news: My neighbor is flipping out and (by the sound of it) using a jackhammer on his wall. Apparently it's too late for the bass pedal. D:

I bet it's not just the bass petal. Even though you have the pads...padded, the drum set will still vibrate the ground like hell. Put your foot on the floor right next to them.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Whenever I'm singing in BWT and we do a song with an instrumental intro, I always lead in with

"I think it's time to blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together, ok, 3, 2, 1, let's jam."

Man they're so many songs I would love to see in this game that'll probably never happen...this is one of them.

LordNibbler on
    Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My guitar sweeps still

And now I'm deathly afraid of sending in my guitar, just to get charged because I opened it(though I don't think anything is apparently changed... do they have some secret method of telling?)

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm just waiting for some DLC that includes stuff like AC/DC, Def Leppard, Pat Benatar, Hendrix, or maybe some ZZ Top or Bob Seger.

Also, where is all the hair rock and metal? How am I supposed to jump up on the furniture and shout "AW RIIIGHT!" or "I say FUCK YEAH!" for star power during the half-second spaces they provide in all these dinky little easy listenin campus sit-down songs? I'd totally put down $50 in DLCs to rock out to some serious cock rock.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Nimble Cat wrote: »
    David Bowie pack rocks. I'm 22 on the leaderboards for Moonage Daydream on Hard, out of like 40 people total.

we're going to have to specify what instrument we are talking about when it comes to rock band.

Sorry, thought I had mentioned vocals in there somewhere.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Remington wrote: »
    So, I play on that old ass CRT TV that was in my pictures and those are supposed to have zero lag, right? When I go to calibrate it always gives me like 85ms compensation. Sup with that?

um, you're doing it wrong?

Monoxide on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Neat! 49th in Won't Get Fooled Again expert guitar. I think I fucked up once or twice in that song, though.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So can you only get the golden sixth star in expert? Cuz I've gotten it on like 5 expert songs now, and not once did I get one on hard.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Houk wrote: »
    So can you only get the golden sixth star in expert? Cuz I've gotten it on like 5 expert songs now, and not once did I get one on hard.

I'm guessing that's true. But honestly, that's the way it should be. I've gotten it on about four myself.

EDIT: And it's about time for a new OP! Woo

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    PjstelfordPjstelford Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I was about to come on here and bitch that harmonix really needs to let you play the higher tier songs in the lower difficulties on solo mode without unlocking them.

Then I scrolled down.

I <3 Harmonix.

Pjstelford on
  • Options
    PjstelfordPjstelford Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Question: I am holding off on buying anything until I get all the unlockable costume pieces/instruments/stuff. Anyone know where I can find a list of this stuff?

Pjstelford on
This discussion has been closed.