As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Solicitations for February 2008

• Options
    Darth NatDarth Nat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Darth Nat wrote: »
    So I guess the lack of Miss Martian on the Teen Titans cover means that she's the one who leaves the team? Color me disappointed. :v:

Supergirl's not on there and Blue Beetle is :^:

Well yes that is a victory but still :|

If Miss Martian isn't on the Teen Titans, she'll probably just fade into obscurity and that will make me sad because I really liked her and her perkiness. Maybe... Maybe she's standing behind Blue Beetle! Yeah, that must be it.

Darth Nat on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    What is going on with Green Arrow and Cassandra?

" Green Arrow joins the Outsiders! But is the Emerald Archer’s induction into Batman’s new squad cause for celebration…or destruction? And with Green Arrow’s recent run-ins with the League of Assassins, how will he react to having their former leader — Batgirl — as his teammate? "

You'd think they'd be nicer. They were teammates on JL: Elite after all.

Munch on
  • Options
    Darth NatDarth Nat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Munch wrote: »

Maybe the first thing out of Cass's mouth when they meet is "HEY HOW'S MANITOU RAVEN'S WIFE DOIN'?"

Darth Nat on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Darth Nat wrote: »
    Munch wrote: »

Maybe the first thing out of Cass's mouth when they meet is "HEY HOW'S MANITOU RAVEN'S WIFE DOIN'?"
    She does have a way of making things awkward, bless her.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    tits mcgee

those look awful

i dunno, i kinda like Tits Sapphire...i mean Star Tits...i mean Boob Lanterns.

damn, uh, what were we talking about?

edit: and dammit, if they're going to bring the Spoiler back out of the fridge, they'd better do it a non-retarded way.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Why does Sinestro's head look like that? I mean, the girl from his planet doesn't have the same problem.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    and dammit, if they're going to bring the Spoiler back out of the fridge, they'd better do it a non-retarded way.

chuck dixon

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Why does Sinestro's head look like that? I mean, the girl from his planet doesn't have the same problem.

That's just Sinestro. He's always had a big noggin.

Had to have been a c section.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So is Blue Beetle actually in the Titans now, or is he still just kinda hanging out with them?

This may decide whether or not I read Teen Titans.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    BOOSTER GOLD #0
    Written by Geoff Johns & Jeff Katz
    Art and cover by Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund
    An issue over ten years in the making! An official ZERO HOUR crossover kicks off the second time-traveling story arc of "the greatest hero the world will never know" with “Blue and Gold,” Part 1! Witness the secret origin of Booster Gold as he journeys through the time line, lost, in an attempt to return home...with a good friend in tow. But there's an evil out there waiting for him; one of the greatest villains of the DC Universe: Hal Jordan, a.k.a. Parallax!
    On sale February 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
    I like the sound of that!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    So is Blue Beetle actually in the Titans now, or is he still just kinda hanging out with them?

If I had to guess, he's being put in position to join the Titans in the event that his book's sales keep declining and needs to be cancelled. But I've heard no word that he's officially joining up with the team.

Munch on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    and dammit, if they're going to bring the Spoiler back out of the fridge, they'd better do it a non-retarded way.

chuck dixon
    god yes

I cannot wait to start buying robin.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

chuck dixon
    god yes

I cannot wait to start buying robin.

i'm still wary of the almighty editorial powers. i'm still pissed what they did with Cassandra Cain.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Why wouldnt you read a book that aside from a 2-issue Liefield fill-in and the Amazons Attack tie in has been one of the best DC books every month consistently for 50+ issues.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    The thing is, I can't see it being anyone other than Stephanie under a Spoiler costume. She wasn't well known so no random person would be her.

Unless it turns out to be Cassandra being a bitch

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I don't think anyone is in the costume.

I think Tim is just seeing things.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

Why wouldnt you read a book that aside from a 2-issue Liefield fill-in and the Amazons Attack tie in has been one of the best DC books every month consistently for 50+ issues.

I don't remember being upset by the Liefeld issues. But they were written by Gail Simone, so

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    THe story was fine but the art was painful

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007

but she's on the gotham underground cover

and it's been so long since she died (real time) so why would they start having "visions" now

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Altough I'm not really a Hawk and Dove fan anyway

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Misfit could work if she decided to stop wearing a Batgirl costume and found an image in Oracle's files. Spoiler's as good a name for her as Misfit.

But that's slightly more far-fetched than Stephanie actually coming back.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Misfit could work if she decided to stop wearing a Batgirl costume and found an image in Oracle's files. Spoiler's as good a name for her as Misfit.

Misfit knows about Spoiler

Oracle showed her Stephanie's autopsy photos

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Misfit knows about Spoiler

Oracle showed her Stephanie's autopsy photos

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that on scans_daily.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Cass is over in Outsiders probably getting hit on by Ollie. I miss the old Cass and Spoiler dynamic in the old Batgirl series. Why'd DC shit all over both characters? It honestly would have made more sense to make them the token lesbians instead of killing Question, replacing with Montoya and creating a new lesbian Batwoman, which required the bastardization of Batgirl to begin with to make the Batwoman character viable.

KVW on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

and it's been so long since she died (real time) so why would they start having "visions" now
    chuck dixon

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

chuck dixon

why you

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Because I feel like there's an awful lot of catching up to do in order to understand what's going on with the characters and their relationships - a whole lot of history and I'm not sure where to start. I mean, do I need to go back just to issue 1 of the current run? This Young Justice thing I keep hearing about? Way back to when the team had Nightwing and Cyborg and Starfire on it?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If you read Young Justice know that it will make you outraged at the current state of the Teen Titans book.

Just saying.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I read young justice and I'm not outraged.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Because I feel like there's an awful lot of catching up to do in order to understand what's going on with the characters and their relationships - a whole lot of history and I'm not sure where to start. I mean, do I need to go back just to issue 1 of the current run? This Young Justice thing I keep hearing about? Way back to when the team had Nightwing and Cyborg and Starfire on it?

issue 50 was the start of a new creative team

so there's a jumping on point

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »

yeah but you like star wars so you're used to being disappointed

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If you read Young Justice know that it will make you outraged at the current state of the Teen Titans book.

Just saying.

No they won't, because they're not you.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »

yeah but you like star wars so you're used to being disappointed

I like it too and I'm generally satisfied in life. Your theory is wrong.

That is why you fail.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Maybe you actually find disappointment to be satisfying.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »

I'm not into that sort of kink.

And as for the Teen Titans dilemma, like Balefuego said, just start with issue #50 and wiki anything you don't get. You don't have to go buying up the silver age issues to get caught up. It's very simple.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Rey Del AguilaRey Del Aguila __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    KVW wrote: »

Cass is over in Outsiders probably getting hit on by Ollie. I miss the old Cass and Spoiler dynamic in the old Batgirl series. Why'd DC shit all over both characters? It honestly would have made more sense to make them the token lesbians instead of killing Question, replacing with Montoya and creating a new lesbian Batwoman, which required the bastardization of Batgirl to begin with to make the Batwoman character viable.

While I entirely agree with you, what I have come to understand about the human race is that our interactions have little to do with honesty. I think that the writers and their editors were not honest with eachother or themselves when they were looking over the decisions they made for the character(the decisions to torture and kill then forget Spoiler, and the decision to change the character and character development for Batgirl).

Funny scene in Batgirl: Spoiler showing up for training with Batgirl only to get beaten so thoroughly they Spoiler did not even land one punch. Spoiler's face is all bruised. But she is happy and plans another "date" with Batgirl to train(aka get a beating). While that is honestly how at least 1 lesbian relationship that I know of exists I doubt they would be able to write that, it's too real, too honest, to close to home. Better to just shit all over both characters. Not that I think it's better. But any 3 people working on something together are not going to agree to make consensual beatings develop into a lesbian relationship, no matter how honest it is.

Rey Del Aguila on
    Because you know who SAID you know what with you know who, let's keep that between me and you.
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »

I'm not into that sort of kink.

And as for the Teen Titans dilemma, like Balefuego said, just start with issue #50 and wiki anything you don't get. You don't have to go buying up the silver age issues to get caught up. It's very simple.

Shit, it's what I do, and I love TT.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    KVW wrote: »

While I entirely agree with you, what I have come to understand about the human race is that our interactions have little to do with honesty. I think that the writers and their editors were not honest with eachother or themselves when they were looking over the decisions they made for the character(the decisions to torture and kill then forget Spoiler, and the decision to change the character and character development for Batgirl).

double color combo

10,000 points

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh hey, it could just be that Leslie Thompkins faked Stephanie's death somehow. Apparently Didio said that Leslie killing her was officially retconned. They just haven't gotten around to telling that story yet.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I could live with Stephanie faking her death so she could go off somewhere not surrounded by all kinds of super villains so she could raise her baby somewhere safe.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970