As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fragile: a new Wii RPG/dungeon crawler by Eternal Sonata team (Update: SCANS)

UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Games and Technology
EDIT: This thread is super old. Don't know if I'll be updating this OP much...

Fragile Dreams, as it is called in America, comes out today. A few reviews are out, Nintendo Power doesn't like it - it's pretty but not so fun, according to them. Eh, I'm getting it anyway.

Here's an old video that still gives a decent impression of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7HFO37RtwI

Old OP:

Not much info now other than that it exists. Basically Namco has announced that they will be announcing this game in the next few days.

Website

Teaser artwork:

210018_2.jpg

I like the look of it: more realistic and not generic fantasy setting.

EDIT: And we have scans of this game.

fragile1scanmc8.th.jpg
fragile2scanup1.th.jpg

The main character is a guy named Seto. Apparently that redhead chick is him.

Two collaborating teams are responsible for Fragile: Tri-Crescendo (Baten Kaitos and Eternal Sonata) and the team who made the Japan-only games The Seven and Venus & Braves.

I am even more enamored with it now, looks incredibly post-apocalyptic.
IGN wrote:
Fragile takes place in the near future, in a world that has lost its population. You play as Seto, a young boy who wanders around, searching through the abandoned cities and facilities of this world, trying to learn the truth behind the disappearance of all the people, and to find someone to keep him company.

The Wiimote is used as an aid in exploration. Seto uses a flashlight to light up his surroundings. You get to use the Wiimote to directly point the flashlight in whatever direction you like. Seto also has a metal detector. Once again, the Wiimote is used to directly operate this device.

In addition to exploration, Seto has to deal with ghosts who appear in the ruins. We're not sure how he fights these foes, but it seems that a stick of some form is involved.

Fragile is set for Japanese release some time in 2008. We're expecting the game's website to open later this week, so you may get your first look at the next game from the folks behind Baten Kaitos and Venus & Braves shortly.
-The game is set in a future world that "lost its light"
-Most of the Earth population suddenly disappeared and the world is now obscured by a cold, evil fog
-Your character, a boy named Seto, travels this moonlight-bathed world in hope to find other human beings [it seems like the moon could play an extensive role in this game, given that it's even mentioned in the subtitle, the full title being something like Fragile : Ruins of the Farewell Moon]. However, it seems like he is more particularly looking for a mysterious girl called "Heroine"...
-Your only tools will be your flashlight and your metal or wood tools, which can serve as weapons. With your flashlight you'll be able to dissipate the fog, and even interact with the environments, solve puzzles, and uncover enemies. No word on the battle system yet.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
UncleSporky on

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    fra-jeel-ey?

edit - that's a fairly disturbing picture, actually.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A point and click dungeon crawler would be awesome for the Wii. Also, it would be cool to see it use the equip system that Trauma Center uses.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I was picturing a 3D nethack clone with Miis running around and dieing in a generic dungeon. Something like Soulfu.

Then I saw the website and lost interest.

Frem on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    fra-jeel-ey?

Huh.

Is it Italian or something?

Sheep on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Pretty.

*Anticipate on*

LewieP on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This is certainly a good sign.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    StoverStover Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sleep wrote: »
    fra-jeel-ey?

Huh.

I love you both.

Stover on
    outoftheloop.jpg
  • Options
    EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Stover wrote: »
    fra-jeel-ey?

Huh.

I love you both.

Everyone loves the sight of glowing electric sex in the window.

EclecticGroove on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2007
    Basically Namco has announced that they will be announcing this game.

This is the kind of zen I've come to expect from Namco.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    How do you announce that you're going to announce a game in a few days? That seems a bit superfluous/redundant to me.

I fucking hate the media.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That picture gives me a Dark Tower vibe.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    fra-jeel-ey?

Huh.

I love you both.

lol this has turned into a Christmas Story thread.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH FFFFFFFUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hm. Sounds good to me.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JimmyNavioJimmyNavio Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    fra-jeel-ey?

Huh.

I love you both.

lol this has turned into a Christmas Story thread.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH FFFFFFFUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE

'Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. Ovaltine?' A crummy commercial? Son of a bitch!

JimmyNavio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I like the idea of a dungeon crawler game coming to my Wii. I'm such a whore for dungeon crawlers.

urahonky on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    How do you announce that you're going to announce a game in a few days? That seems a bit superfluous/redundant to me.

I fucking hate the media.

The real question is why there wasn't an announcement that this was coming?

Khavall on
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    fra-jeel-ey?

Huh.

I saw that movie once, 12 years ago, and yet this was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title. How did this come to pass?

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A point and click dungeon crawler would be awesome for the Wii.

You mean like Zack & Wiki?O_o

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think he means more like Diablo.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    As long as there's no Butcher, I'm in.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    DeathPrawn wrote: »
    I think he means more like Diablo.

.............................I'd buy it.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I wouldn't buy it.
    Until I finally get my hands a Wii anyways. Then I'll be all fucking over it. :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Crashmo wrote: »
    A point and click dungeon crawler would be awesome for the Wii.

You mean like Zack & Wiki?O_o

Zack and Wiki is far from a dungeon crawler or an RPG. It's just puzzles.

bruin on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah apparently I completely blanked on what dungeon crawler meant.

But honestly I wouldn't mind more Zak & Wiki OR Diablo clones.

I've still yet to buy Alien Syndrome though. :S

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    OP updated with scans. Looks freakin' awesome, especially the twisted power lines. I gotta say, it doesn't look like an RPG to me at this point, it's practically a survival horror or ICO or something.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ooh, interesting looking for sure.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    IGN has a few details:
    Fragile takes place in the near future, in a world that has lost its population. You play as Seto, a young boy who wanders around, searching through the abandoned cities and facilities of this world, trying to learn the truth behind the disappearance of all the people, and to find someone to keep him company.

The Wiimote is used as an aid in exploration. Seto uses a flashlight to light up his surroundings. You get to use the Wiimote to directly point the flashlight in whatever direction you like. Seto also has a metal detector. Once again, the Wiimote is used to directly operate this device.

In addition to exploration, Seto has to deal with ghosts who appear in the ruins. We're not sure how he fights these foes, but it seems that a stick of some form is involved.

Fragile is set for Japanese release some time in 2008. We're expecting the game's website to open later this week, so you may get your first look at the next game from the folks behind Baten Kaitos and Venus & Braves shortly.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lork wrote: »
    fra-jeel-ey?

Huh.

I saw that movie once, 12 years ago, and yet this was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title. How did this come to pass?

You've only seen the movie once ... how the hell did that come to pass? They show it so much every year that TBS has finally given up and decided that on Christmas day they'd just put it on a continuous loop of Christmas Story for 24 hours straight.

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    mausmalone wrote: »
    Lork wrote: »
    fra-jeel-ey?

Huh.

You've only seen the movie once ... how the hell did that come to pass? They show it so much every year that TBS has finally given up and decided that on Christmas day they'd just put it on a continuous loop of Christmas Story for 24 hours straight.

Game looks interesting. Main character's design is a bit... odd..

If you guys are referring to the movie I think you are referring to, I've never seen it.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    jagermeister73jagermeister73 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    IGN has a few details:

Flashlights and Sticks!?! Oh my

jagermeister73 on
    jagermeister73.png
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    need U.S. announcement!

god damn this looks so cool.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    SulSul Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    i have only read the title of this thread.

i am excited.

sexually.

Sul on
    Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    If you guys are referring to the movie I think you are referring to, I've never seen it.

A Christmas Story

There's always a 24 hour marathon showing this movie all day long on some channel during the holidays. Probably the last great Christmas movie, and also the GREATEST Christmas movie.

Yes, it's so good, it deserves a CAPSLOCK.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    OP updated with scans. Looks freakin' awesome, especially the twisted power lines. I gotta say, it doesn't look like an RPG to me at this point, it's practically a survival horror or ICO or something.

Doesn't look like a dungeon crawler either. Which makes me happy.

You'll have ample opportunity this Christmas.

Sheep on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    IGN has a few details:

I am suddenly really looking forward to this.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    fra-jeel-ey?
    Huh. Is it Italian or something?
    I love you both.

Sigged.

Also, this game looks intriguing. That shot in the bottom right of the second scan is just all kinds of atmospheric. I hope it's a combo of RPG with character building/levelling and puzzle/adventure games with puzzles and exploration.

Shit, it could just be Myst with a flashlight and I'd be sold.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I have to say this keeps getting interesting and interesting as I read into it.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    this thread rocks! i wish i would have come up with it :(

anyhow, fragile looks great. i wish we had better res screens, but whatcha gonna do.

so....new IPs on the wii from high profile publishers? could it be true? so far, for 2008, we have Monster Hunter, No More Heroes, King Story, and now this. Whoo!

Guek on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nerdtendo wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    A Christmas Story

There's always a 24 hour marathon showing this movie all day long on some channel during the holidays. Probably the last great Christmas movie, and also the GREATEST Christmas movie.

Yes, it's so good, it deserves a CAPSLOCK.
    You'll have ample opportunity this Christmas.

That's what I thought. Yeah, never seen it. I'm always busy on Christmas doing things like opening presents, eating food, and reading instruction manuals for whatever I just recently got until a time comes that I can actually play with what I have received.

Unless my wife or someone makes me sit and watch it, it will probably be one of those movies I never end up watching.

TOPIC:
    If this game has a good storyline and gameplay it could be very much awesome. My interest is piqued.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The more I think about it, the more this reminds me of ICO: guy all alone in at atmospheric environment, fighting off ghosts with only a stick, with a girl that accompanies him.

I know it'll probably be nothing like it in the end, but just from what we know now it's the vibe I get.

UncleSporky on