As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]Phallagnarok. Loki assaults the divine order.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Rend wrote: »
    I hope no one has anything against me for the way I was in our last phalla.

Only me.

SO HARD....

Also, Ardor, who is thine champion? THE CROWD MUST KNOW!

You don't hate Green and me for what we did to you? Mystery was just a pawn in our game of chess.

Rend, It will be an honor to be killed by you.

Also, I felt so important Thorgot when I got that message. I was all like "Yes! I am the savior".

M.D. on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    precisionk wrote: »
    precisionk wrote: »
    I am probably going to kill Ardor Day 1, just to spite him.

You know, we tried that Precisionk vs. Ardor thing in the greatwood phalla and I wasn't really a big fan of the results.

I move we pit two other contestants against each other for the mob's amusement.

I could be down with that.

Perhaps we can each back on candidate in a duel to the death, ala thunderdome.

So we'd need to go find someone for us to represent huh? Sounds fun.

We should also make bets on how many bad guys and vigiantes kill us on day 1. We might win some money there.

I believe I hold the Phalla record for the most kill orders placed on me, in that space phalla.

I think it was what, like four on the first day?

Phallawesome doesn't count, because that is not a normal phalla and was retarded.

precisionk on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Damn, now that I've thought of it, I have to call him mystery whenever I refer to him.
    Thorgot, one of the players with such an innocent history as far as roles go, using people?

Man, my world is tearing at the seams now since I took a break.

I only use people when I'm evil. Which is never, remember?

Oh thank God you won't be using people because you're never evi...

.....why are you brandishing a sword and talking about a sacrifice? We're the only two here...

..crap.

Ardor on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Damn, now that I've thought of it, I have to call him mystery whenever I refer to him.
    Thorgot, one of the players with such an innocent history as far as roles go, using people?

Man, my world is tearing at the seams now since I took a break.

I only use people when I'm evil. Which is never, remember?

You know, it's funny. I always hear about thorgot having this reputation for never being evil, but he must have gained that before my time. He's been evil more often than not when I've played with him.

Therefore, I submit that since we are both going to be in this game, thorgot will probably be evil.

cheez on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My first evil game was Phallopolis, so that should give you an idea of how long ago the streak of 15 was.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    It's kinda like hearing about Tehspectre's ability to find bad guys or specials out of the crowd, Zerinan's day 2 estimated kill date amongst other things that are similar to Thorgot's long streak as a good guy villager. It's just something that had been brought up before and/or multiple times.

There are many players who can find better bandwagon or vigilante targets than the average player, I'm statistically poor when it comes to findnig a good target to be beneficial to my team. There are people who have likely been a good guy more than Thorgot, but since nobody really brings it up much or they themselves haven't mentioned it, we use Thorgot as the example.

Day 1 deaths typically gets credited to PK because he's a very memorable player when I'm sure there are others who have close to the number of day 1 death % in their games played as well.

We just go with what we hear. Some of us are just lemmings afterall. However, being a lemming is a lot of fun I have to admit.

Ardor on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My first evil game was Phallopolis, so that should give you an idea of how long ago the streak of 15 was.
    I would like to say that my streak is alive and well. Including mini-phallas I am either rapidly approaching or have already reached 20 games, all of them as a good guy.

As long as I'm here, count me in.

Locus on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I remember when DA had a streak going where he was always a vanillager.

Broken that streak a little, haven't we, DA?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    My first evil type role was the Heroes phalla. Then we got screwed and re rolled and I was a villager.

My second and most favorite evil role was Harry Potter Phalla when I was Lord Voldemort. I tricked Tossrock on day 1 to think I wasn't anything important(thanks to Neville and the way he worked the roles for that). The evil team that game was amazing as well, seeing as we didn't start out knowing each other and we each had kills and none of us hit each other. I also wouldn't have won if it weren't for Squashua and my other fellow evils.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

He can't help it! It's not like he's always asking to be a bad guy with the hopes of killing each and every one of us.......right?

EDIT: I went a while before I was evil, but other than being converted in the mole phalla in D&D, I think my first time as a bad guy was SS13 thanks to PK picking me to be on his team.

As much as it's fun to be evil, I prefer being a normal innocent villager. It's not like I have anything to lose so I can take whatever risks I want.

Ardor on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

He can't help it! It's not like he's always asking to be a bad guy with the hopes of killing each and every one of us.......right?

EDIT: I went a while before I was evil, but other than being converted in the mole phalla in D&D, I think my first time as a bad guy was SS13 thanks to PK picking me to be on his team.

As much as it's fun to be evil, I prefer being a normal innocent villager. It's not like I have anything to lose so I can take whatever risks I want.

Your cherry for being a bad guy needed to be popped. I also picked an all-star cast for bad guys on SS13.

VILLAINS UNITE, ITS TIME FOR A FIGHT

precisionk on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have not been in many phallas, but HALF of them (read: 2 of 4) I was converted to evil. PhalLost, and Death Note.

Better, though, i've only started evil once, and that was in that matrix mini-phalla, and I've never lied, broken a promise, or cancelled a deal :p Though, I don't know if I've been around long enough to build a reputation yet. Just watch though, all you old skoolers... the day will come when Rend is a phalla household name!!

[/cackle]

And Mr Embarkation: No grudge kills against you, but that's just cause you flatter me too much :p

Rend on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hehe, that was so classic.

I like being a bad guy if only because you automatically have a group of people you can scheme with.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2007
    Scheming is not as fun when you are a good guy.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have not been in many phallas, but HALF of them (read: 2 of 4) I was converted to evil. PhalLost, and Death Note.

Better, though, i've only started evil once, and that was in that matrix mini-phalla, and I've never lied, broken a promise, or cancelled a deal :p Though, I don't know if I've been around long enough to build a reputation yet. Just watch though, all you old skoolers... the day will come when Rend is a phalla household name!!

[/cackle]

And Mr Embarkation: No grudge kills against you, but that's just cause you flatter me too much :p

Weren't you evil in the last game? I could have sworn Mystery seered you and DA.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

[/cackle]

Weren't you evil in the last game? I could have sworn Mystery seered you and DA.

:evil:

Rend on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The pre-networks that have started forming recently really increase Good's chances of winning.

From day 0 they take away a lot of the inherent advantage of being evil (e.g. organization, preservation of knowledge, etc).

durax on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I should change my belarus game so that everyone is evil except for like 2 guys and the goal is to find/kill them.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    I should change my belarus game so that everyone is evil except for like 2 guys and the goal is to find/kill them.

Wouldn't that just make the good guys the de facto bad guys?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've not been bad yet. Just a poor villager who says too much and gets popped (eventually) by the bad guys.

I'd like to think it's because I'm talking sense, but it's probably just because I'm next on the kill list. :|

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Except that they share a win condition with the village, and the bad guys don't. This strategy worked in Eternal Darkness, and it worked very well. Embarkation's cell didn't do so hot since it was infiltrado, but mine did, and alot of the village's strength came from that unity.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

yes, but we will call them good.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've been evil twice now. The first time (Animorphs) doesn't count because I got converted on the last day, but I was evil in Eternal Phalla and it was fun.

I will say I prefer the Phalla's that start you on teams even if you aren't evil, as I like having people to scheme with. Like I thought Phalla Royale was pretty boring at first, because my school decided not to help each other at all. It wasn't until Romantic Undead and I hooked up that it really started to be awesome.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Come now Rend, evil was just a title in PhalLost. You ought to have just called yourself a good guy.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    And then you died trying to kill me. Muahaha.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thorgot - I recall you using me to set up the network in the first game here, when you were good. And posing as a seer. And getting killed for it.

And why the hell did no one inform me that D&D was doing a phalla. I've missed another lovecraft phalla damn it! Now I feel like really screwing someone over.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I've been evil twice now. The first time (Animorphs) doesn't count because I got converted on the last day, but I was evil in Eternal Phalla and it was fun.

I will say I prefer the Phalla's that start you on teams even if you aren't evil, as I like having people to scheme with. Like I thought Phalla Royale was pretty boring at first, because my school decided not to help each other at all. It wasn't until Romantic Undead and I hooked up that it really started to be awesome.

I agree with the team thing. Thats what I tried to design my mini around, but some other balance issues came into play. I also enjoyed phalla royale because my team was active, but I got killed early on unfortunately... :-(

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    And then you died trying to kill me. Muahaha.

Hey, it happens. It was a pretty epic end to a pretty epic Phalla.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Come now Rend, evil was just a title in PhalLost. You ought to have just called yourself a good guy.

Ok, thats true. Especially since the 'Greats' were acting far more evil than us benevolent volcano-dwellers

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

yes, but we will call them good.

That was probably my favorite part of the Soviet Phalla, writing the narrations from the point of view that the bad guys (the capitalists) were actually the good guys.

You should do it, it's fun.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Ok, thats true. Especially since the some of the 'Greats' were acting far more evil than us benevolent volcano-dwellers

Fix'd.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I agree with the team thing. Thats what I tried to design my mini around, but some other balance issues came into play. I also enjoyed phalla royale because my team was active, but I got killed early on unfortunately... :-(

Yeah, I was a little bummed with I got blasted the first day in the Star Trek Phalla. Love me some team-based Phalla's.

That's why I was so obnoxious in the Shape Phalla. None of the teams needed me, so I tried to make them need me :P

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ok, so our bandwagoning line up:

Day 1: Unearthly Stew*
    Day 2: ???
    Day 3: Ardor
    Day 4: Profit!

*If I'm given the role of village idiot.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Eternal phalla was the second phalla that I made it to the end and won.

M.D. on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I volunteer for day two.

In my Phalla career, I havent been bandwagoned yet. I wanna change that >>

zanmatto on
  • Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hrm, I think the last Phalla I took part in was Red Scare?

Funny, I half assumed Ardor would be gunning for me right off the bat. ;-) Guess you got all the hate out of your system already?

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    zanmatto wrote: »
    I volunteer for day two.

I'd be careful, zanmatto. You're already high up on Visible's hit list :p

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    zanmatto wrote: »
    I volunteer for day two.

I'd be careful, zanmatto. You're already high up on Visible's hit list :p

He's actually the lowest on my hit list, since a) it wasn't really his fault, and b) it was only a mini-phalla.

Unfortunately, neither Rygar nor Xevo are in this game, so he'll be my Day 1 target.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I think I was bandwagoned once. But Tossrock diverted that wagon for me.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Ok, thats true. Especially since the the 'Greats' were acting far more evil than us benevolent volcano-dwellers

I wish I would have been evil that game.

Fix'd.

Unearthly Stew on