As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Buy PS3 80GB - Get 15 BD Movies! (WalMart 11/24)

ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=23991
For those of you who doubted Wal-mart's format preference following the $98 HD-A2 sale...

On 11/24 at 8:00am (running through 11:59pm on 11/25), the 80GB PS3 ($499) will come with 10 FREE Blu-ray movies instantly. You choose any 10 BD titles under $30 within the store and they will override the prices to zero. For those stores that carry BD already, additional titles are being sent in for the sale. For those that do not have BD in their store (a small minority) product will be sent to each store specifically for this sale.

Oh, and you still get your 5 FREE movies by mail.

Happy shopping.

I didn't see a thread or post about this (might have missed it though) and I thought that it was crazy enough that it might make people go out and get the 80GB.

Oh, and for Die Hard fans, all 4 movies (sold in box set for $90) are under $30, so you can get them for free instead of shelling out for the box set.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
ArcSyn on

• Options
    EtchEtch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fuck that's awesome...but I don't want a PS3

Etch on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Etch wrote: »
    Fuck that's awesome...but I don't want a PS3

Same, at least not right now. Though if it was the $400 model I'd probably go for it.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    That is totally awesome!

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Jesus, 15 movies? Although I don't really think there's that many movies I'd be able to choose from... That's a damn deal.

urahonky on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Could you buy it and then return it?

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    titmouse wrote: »

Looks like they make the price of each movie $0.00... So you could technically do that, but you wont be getting anything back.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

The original poster said that his department has been specifically trained to check PS3s being returned after this deal to make sure or look up the receipt (through the serial #) to make sure they are not returns from this deal.

I don't know though, they may have to take the PS3 back due to local laws, but not the BDs since they would be listed as $0.

Could always buy it then eBay each separately.

Either way, it's an awesome deal if you were looking to get a PS3 but didn't really have a way to justify the cost with Blu-Ray or whatever. 15 movies is a good start on HD collection.

I think I only have maybe 30-40 DVDs total as it is. So 15 is huge to me. Then again, my WalMart sucks, so they will probably have the "deal" kiosk of crappy BD ports that no one wants but its all you have to choose from.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ArcSyn wrote: »

The original poster said that his department has been specifically trained to check PS3s being returned after this deal to make sure or look up the receipt (through the serial #) to make sure they are not returns from this deal.

I don't know though, they may have to take the PS3 back due to local laws, but not the BDs since they would be listed as $0.

Hmm... Sell all 15 of them at $15 a piece... That comes out to $225. Bah, still not a good enough discount for me to buy the PS3.

urahonky on
  • Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    wow... that might get me to go out and buy a PS3 this weekend... Drake's fortune looks pretty good, too...

jimb213 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Hmm... Sell all 15 of them at $15 a piece... That comes out to $225. Bah, still not a good enough discount for me to buy the PS3.

Sell the PS3 for retail+ (Christmas time - never know) and make a profit (plus the movies for ~$225)? I would do that if I had the spare cash lying around to fund the initial cost so I can buy more Wii games. So many games, so little cash. I haven't gotten a game since I was given MP8 for my birthday in June.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I already have a PS3, but I might do this and sell the PS3/return it to bank free BD movies....

edit - oh, and since I work nights, staying up all night untill 8am isn't a big deal :)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]