Options

Super Smash Bros. Brawl -- "Accept it with gratitude!"

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    HylianZora wrote: »
    So, I'll make a bet with someone.
    If they beat me in Brawl, they get my sig.

You'll just end up with like 100 sigs.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If I beat them, their sig be MINE.
    And I hope Ness is playable.
    He rocks.
    I can't decide whether to main Ice Climbers, Pit, or Ness(Or, if he's not in, Lucas)...
    Why would I want your Pokemon Diamond number?

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    We should come up with a bunch of official PA G&T Smash titles.

Anyone who wins a title match against someone with a title, gets that title.

I don't think we can think of that many different ways to say "Penis"

Khavall on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    We should come up with a bunch of official PA G&T Smash titles.

Anyone who wins a title match against someone with a title, gets that title.

How do you mean? You got some examples?

We have an official list of titles, and title holders. Each title can only be held by one person.

So, if I hold the title "Superface", you can challenge me to a Superface Title Match (it would have to be a best of 5 or something, to be safe), and if you win, you get the title Superface.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    HylianZoraHylianZora Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Sig SPACE is what I mean, and you know that.

HylianZora on
    My Pokemon Diamond FC is 4253 0208 2286
    believe2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

You'll just end up with like 100 people with your sig space.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited November 2007

If Pichu were in Brawl, I'd use him to mop the floor with you.

HylianZora on
    believe2.png
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    i think we are due for a character announcement.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    edited November 2007

If Pichu were in Brawl, I'd use him to mop the floor with you.

If I were you I'd hesitate to associate my Brawl playing ability with pokemon.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So, expanding on my idea from the last thread

I had a nap this afternoon and when I woke up

I don't know if maybe I dreamed it and don't remember but I had this scenario involving this "character" and it was totally awesome

I'm going to be kind of sad if it doesn't happen now, even though I know in the back of my mind that it won't

But yeah, if there are any Square characters in Brawl, that's the way I want them

The Returners' stage would be Figaro Castle, all fighting amongst the machinery, sometimes the castle submerges and you have to fight over the two small platforms left or else you fall into quicksand

Maybe once per fight, Kefka's troops start firebombing the place and you have to avoid the fire

And for whatever reason I even envisioned what Final Fantasy tunes would be selected for My Music

World of Balance (Terra's Theme) (FF6)
    Battle Theme (FF9)
    Force Your Way (Boss Battle Theme) (FF8)
    Bastok (FF11)
    Run Past Through the Plain (FFT)

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Final Fantasy
    At least we know what the victory screen's music and animation would be.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'd still rather have Megaman

But I kind of like my idea

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So, when HylianZora mentioned Pichu it gave me an idea.

believe2.png

I can't imagine many people would want to use this sig (I would if I didn't have Ness, but alas), but anyone can go right ahead.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    We really need a megaman I Believe.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    KonataKonata Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

believe2.png

I can't imagine many people would want to use this sig (I would if I didn't have Ness, but alas), but anyone can go right ahead.

Now look, that is awesome

Can you do lots more ? like, for every character one ?

bit of a selfish request I guess but if you're limiting to a few, mind doing Link's ?

Konata on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The idea is that we believe they'll be returning in brawl.

I guess we'd really need a Marth and Shiek one..mewtwo?... game and watch..dr mario? Really most of the other veterans are virtually guaranteed to be in.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Konata wrote: »
    bit of a selfish request I guess but if you're limiting to a few, mind doing Link's ?

Pretty sure it's only for characters with a small chance of returning.

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Konata wrote: »

believe2.png

Now look, that is awesome

Can you do lots more ? like, for every character one ?

Why would a Link one be made?
    Link is in Brawl.
    And he better be faster.
    He was too slow.

HylianZora on
    believe2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The point is "'I believe' that this character will return for Brawl".

I could do like, Mewtwo, or any of the other unannounced characters if someone finds me 32-bit PNGs (with proper alpha) of them.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    KonataKonata Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The idea is that we believe they'll be returning in brawl.

I guess we'd really need a Marth and Shiek one..mewtwo?... game and watch..dr mario? Really most of the other veterans are virtually guaranteed to be in.

Yes but that doesn't mean it doesn't look awesome still.

And I believe too! that I'll kick everyone's ass with link :P

Edit, aww shame

Konata on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Anyone got a 32-bit PNG of Crono? And does it have to be a returning, or just someone who would push the awesome content just that much further?

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Seriously, Pichu was pretty good in Melee.
    Quick little booger, and as long as Thunder didn't hit him, he could spam it a lot.
    Like Pikachu but less ugly.

HylianZora on
    believe2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Meh. He was only as good as he was underestimated. Even his trophy page calls him a handicapped character.

Of course this didn't ever keep me from picking him over pikachu. Goggles 4eva.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My star characters are already in Brawl. I believe in nothing!

Uh. You get what I meant with that. <.<

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hmm, odd.
    My avatar should be animated, yet it isn't.

HylianZora on
    believe2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    We all know what he's doing.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    mnto, just so I'm clear, I can steal your Ness signature? 'Cause it is super cool and you should be proud.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    We all know what he's doing.

I know.
    The spanking just makes him cooler.

HylianZora on
    believe2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wyborn wrote: »
    mnto, just so I'm clear, I can steal your Ness signature? 'Cause it is super cool and you should be proud.

Well. I kind of just meant anyone can use the Pichu one. But if you really want to, go ahead.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Well. I kind of just meant anyone can use the Pichu one. But if you really want to, go ahead.

Oh no, it's cool, I was just asking for clarification.

I can think of plenty of ways to express my Ness-in-Brawl-wanting solidarity.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

How about this.

You can have it for now, but when Brawl comes out, we have a best of 3 match with default (stock) settings and on three different random stages. If I win, you have to put "I'M A BIG FAT DORK" or something to that effect in your sig in Size 4 text or larger.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Dangit, I remember seeing this awesome shopped image of Peach's face getting turned into Pichu's...
    Can't find it again :(

HylianZora on
    believe2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

How about this.

You can have it for now, but when Brawl comes out, we have a best of 3 match with default (stock) settings and on three different random stages. If I win, you have to put "I'M A BIG FAT DORK" or something to that effect in your sig in Size 4 text or larger.

I would like to suggest that if the option is available, it should be a ness vs ness match.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hmm, odd.
    My avatar should be animated, yet it isn't.

This might be the problem, but it might not:

If your avatar is bigger than 64x64, the forum will resize it, and for some reason, it will disable animation. I know this because my avatar is over 64x64, but is a holdover from the old avatar system that got integrated into the new forums. I once tried to go back to normal Magus, but since the size was wrong, it did what yours has done. (I'm guessing the white background isn't actually in your avatar as well? My background turned white when I tried doing it too.)

So yeah, I could resize my avatar and re-upload it for the new avatar system, but I haven't taken the time to do so.

Ballman on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Arcibi wrote: »
    So, expanding on my idea from the last thread

I had a nap this afternoon and when I woke up

I don't know if maybe I dreamed it and don't remember but I had this scenario involving this "character" and it was totally awesome

I'm going to be kind of sad if it doesn't happen now, even though I know in the back of my mind that it won't

But yeah, if there are any Square characters in Brawl, that's the way I want them

The Returners' stage would be Figaro Castle, all fighting amongst the machinery, sometimes the castle submerges and you have to fight over the two small platforms left or else you fall into quicksand

Maybe once per fight, Kefka's troops start firebombing the place and you have to avoid the fire

And for whatever reason I even envisioned what Final Fantasy tunes would be selected for My Music

World of Balance (Terra's Theme) (FF6)
    Battle Theme (FF9)
    Force Your Way (Boss Battle Theme) (FF8)
    Bastok (FF11)
    Run Past Through the Plain (FFT)

If any final fantasy characters make it in, I'd expect it to be a generic character from FF1 (or perhaps a switch-off from a number of them, or something. I dunno). I'd honestly expect Crono before any FF character, though.

Also, awesome "I Believe" sigs - were you planning on those only for returning characters, or also for other assorted ones that people are homing for (Ridley, Megaman, Simon Belmont, etc)?

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Dangit, I remember seeing this awesome shopped image of Peach's face getting turned into Pichu's...
    Can't find it again :(

Peachu?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited November 2007

How about this.

You are a saint, good sir, and it is on.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

How about this.

I would like to suggest that if the option is available, it should be a ness vs ness match.

Good idea. If Ness isn't in, it should be Lucas vs Lucas.

About the sigs, I wasn't actually planning to make any more than I have. If anyone wants one though, for a character that isn't already taken (Pichu and Ness at this point), PM me with a suitable image (32-bit PNG with alpha transparency, preferably the proper size as well) and I will see what I can do.

Edit: Only reasonable characters. No Cloud or Master Chief or any stupid crap.

HAVE AT YOU, WYBORN

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ballman - This is a different avvy. The previous one was Pichu spanking his butt.

BlueBlue - Yes. And it was in a WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING! thing.

HylianZora on
    believe2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yes... I think Ness vs. Ness, standard Stock on random stages with standard items will be quite fun.

If we have to do Lucas vs. Lucas, though? I'ma be pissed.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png