Options

Super Smash Bros. Brawl -- "Accept it with gratitude!"

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I agree to that concept, only if someone were to make really nice looking photoshopped WWF belts or sports trophies. Like instead of a WWF symbol in the middle, a smash brothers logo. or on top of the trophy Samus in ball mode.

EDIT: Guess I did not refresh. Talking about the Title Match idea.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    kingmeh123kingmeh123 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ha, those signatures are awesome.
    Anyway, for the Iceberg, since it's apparently slippery and pretty steep, I keep imagining being able to spike an enemy into it and have them slide down to their doom. Which would be great.

kingmeh123 on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What's this?

No Smash Bats.
    No Mr. Saturn.
    Ness only.
    Onette.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This looks like the most unique FS of any so far. I was kind of thinking it'd be something like the Condor swooping down and carrying someone off the screen, but this is way cooler. I wish we knew a little bit more about how it works though. Do you freeze upon touching it, or only when it first shoots up? Does it make all platforms slippery, or just the glacier itself?

On another note, suddenly I really want a re-imagined Ice Climber, in full 3D, with an awesome co-op mode.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This looks like the most unique FS of any so far. I was kind of thinking it'd be something like the Condor swooping down and carrying someone off the screen, but this is way cooler. I wish we knew a little bit more about how it works though. Do you freeze upon touching it, or only when it first shoots up? Does it make all platforms slippery, or just the glacier itself?

On another note, suddenly I really want a re-imagined Ice Climber, in full 3D, with an awesome co-op mode.

I'm guessing that whenever you touch it, there is a chance of you getting frozen, and it makes all the platforms slippery, but I am just giving them the benefit of the doubt to make it seem better.

I am curious as to how long it lasts. What if it's an all ice-climber match and they get smash balls in quick succession?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I agree to that concept, only if someone were to make really nice looking photoshopped WWF belts or sports trophies. Like instead of a WWF symbol in the middle, a smash brothers logo. or on top of the trophy Samus in ball mode.

EDIT: Guess I did not refresh. Talking about the Title Match idea.

I could make some cool title images for people to put in their sigs, if people are interested in the idea. I guess I could manage the list of titles and everything too.

The only problem is how to deal with handing out the titles in the first place (having a tournament for each one might be a bit much, since I think it would be fun to have like 20+ titles available), or with people who refuse to accept title challenges once they earn one. I suppose we could give them out to the best players of Nickle's tournament, and then let them be passed around from there.

It might be cool if certain titles revolved around event-style matches. There could be one for Lightning Brawl matches, for example, where any matches for that title have to be played with Bunny Hoods on. Or like, whoever wins the match between Wyborn and I gets the "Ness Master" title, and any challenge matches for that have to be played Ness Vs. Ness or Lucas Vs. Lucas.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dedede's final smash.

Yeah we just got one but it's his or Snakes and frankly I don'yt think they'll show Snakes until after release.

Also- I divided the Final Smashes( that we know of) into categories based on their attributes. Yes I am bored. Interestingly enough the Transformation smashes outnumber the other two.

Transformation-
    Bowser
    Pickachu
    Zero Suit Samus( literally thats all it does)
    Fox
    Yoshi
    Diddy( technically)
    Sonic

Area of Effect-
    Mario
    Ice Climbers
    Peach
    Kirby
    Pit

OHKO ( It is possible to survive these but for clarities sake let's just call them this)-
    Ike
    Samus
    Link
    Metaknight
    Pokemon trainer
    Donkey Kong

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Once again, my guess for tonight is the Mario Kart stage.

::cue 70's sitcom laugh track upon total guess failure::

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    please make a rocket: robot on wheels i believe sig, mntorankusu, I will love you forever

rocket: robot on wheels confirmed for brawl

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Bibble wrote: »
    please make a rocket: robot on wheels i believe sig, mntorankusu, I will love you forever

rocket: robot on wheels confirmed for brawl

Goddammit, I did not need another character to pointlessly hope for

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    hahahaha there is no hope. but man that would be sweet if rocket was in

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    his throws would be sweet

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    mntorankusu, you said you could make those "I believe" sigs for people who got you an appropriate pic. Wil this one do?
    zelda_wolf_link_midna-1.png
    If you would be so kind, I would be eternally grateful...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    you should probably PM for requests. so the thread doesn't get clogged with non-game discussion. yeah I'm a hypocrite

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dedede's final smash.

Yeah we just got one but it's his or Snakes and frankly I don'yt think they'll show Snakes until after release.

Also- I divided the Final Smashes( that we know of) into categories based on their attributes. Yes I am bored. Interestingly enough the Transformation smashes outnumber the other two.

[insert big list here]

Yay, I'm a sucker for big pointless lists! But I think you misplaced a few things. :P My turn!

Transformation
    Bowser
    Diddy Kong
    Fox
    Pickachu
    Sonic
    Yoshi
    Zero Suit Samus

Wide-Scale Attack
    Donkey Kong
    Ice Climbers
    Kirby
    Mario
    Peach
    Pit
    Pokémon Trainer
    Samus

Focused Attack
    Ike
    Link
    Metaknight

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    where the fuck is captain falcon

Zek on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    mntorankusu, you said you could make those "I believe" sigs for people who got you an appropriate pic. Wil this one do?
    zelda_wolf_link_midna-1.png
    If you would be so kind, I would be eternally grateful...

The edges are really jaggy, I'm not sure I'd be able to do much with that. It's a good enough idea, if you can find the same image, but larger with a white background, I'll take the time to try to add transparency to it just for you.

But let's use PMs from now on.

Also, Wyborn, are you going to go ahead and start using the Ness sig? That was the deal, that you could use it now as long as you accepted my challenge.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    where the fuck is captain falcon

I imagine he is in his car.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Patience, Zek. They brought back the F-Zero emblem, so we pretty much know someone from F-Zero's showing up. And they aren't exactly going to go with Jack Levin.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    HylianZora wrote: »
    Lucas' Final Smash:

Ness summon

Godfather on
  • Options
    RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm going to be pretty sad if Sonic and Tail's Plane from the Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog games isn't a trophy.

RCagent on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    Patience, Zek. They brought back the F-Zero emblem, so we pretty much know someone from F-Zero's showing up. And they're totally going to go with Jack Levin.

Aydr on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Godfather wrote: »
    Lucas' Final Smash:

Ness summon

Then Lucas uses his psychic powers to explode him and absorb Ness' power to become super awesome and ruin everything.

JJ on
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hang on... without directional air dodging, how feasible is it that we'll still be able to de-sync the Ice Climbers?

gtrmp on
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    RCagent wrote: »
    I'm going to be pretty sad if Sonic and Tail's Plane from the Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog games isn't tails final smash.
    Yea, yea, I know he's an assist trophy...

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    JJ wrote: »
    Lucas' Final Smash:

Ness summon

Then Lucas uses his psychic powers to explode him and absorb Ness' power to become super awesome and ruin everything.

I'm going to guess Lucas's final smash is ruining the ending of Mother 3. It won't do as much damage in the japanese version of the game.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    GimeCGimeC Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    JJ wrote: »
    Lucas' Final Smash:

Ness summon

I'm going to guess Lucas's final smash is ruining the ending of Mother 3. It won't do as much damage in the japanese version of the game.

Nah, that's the opening cinematic to the entire game. Complete with Mario flipping the bird at you.

GimeC on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    i need PROOF that tails is an assist guys

there is no proof

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    FaygoFaygo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Tonight is going to be Coin Match.

Faygo on
    Pokemon friend code- 3222 2057 7313
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    RCagent wrote: »
    I'm going to be pretty sad if Sonic and Tail's Plane from the Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog games isn't a stage.

Fixed.

Oh, and it was in Sonic Adventure (and SA2, technically, I suppose) as well.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So Ice Climbers final smash is pretty cool. theyre still annoying though.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Think Popo will be able to recover without Nana now?

I'm thinking he will. Recovery is too important in this game for him not to.

Aydr on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    his horizontal recovery works wonders

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    his horizontal recovery works wonders

Yeah, but when you consider everyone else's recovery in Brawl, it needs to be stepped up.

Aydr on
  • Options
    Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aydr wrote: »
    Think Popo will be able to recover without Nana now?

I'm thinking he will. Recovery is too important in this game for him not to.

He could in Melee, don't see why he wouldn't in Brawl.

Try repeatedly tapping B. It works as fine as Donkey Kong's. Also it gets really crazy when both are together and you do it.

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    eh i never really found myself using that up b too much when playing as them.

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    Tiger-Tiger- Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    gtrmp wrote: »
    Hang on... without directional air dodging, how feasible is it that we'll still be able to de-sync the Ice Climbers?

Dash dance, hanging on the edge, let the other ice-climber get hit, respawn and fast fall.

Tiger- on
    68979-2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    tails is officially NOT an assist until someone can provide proof

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Could have sworn there was confirmation from E4, but Youtube is damn near impossible to search. Does Smashboards know?

Daedalus on
  • Options
    TimestonesTimestones Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Tonight's update: Assist Trophy: Tails.

I kid. :lol:

Timestones on