Options

Super Smash Bros. Brawl -- "Accept it with gratitude!"

1555657585961»

• Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    jothki wrote: »
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    I'll take it. I want to say there were some SSB64 Pokemon that didn't make Brawl (I think, not 100% sure), so this is nice to know.

Hitmonlee and Beedrill, I think.

Hitmonlee, Meowth and Onix are the ones that were completely cut from Melee. Beedrill became Unown, Starmie became Staryu, and Koffing became Weezing.

Meowth is back in Brawl. Charizard is probably out?

Awww, really? I never played the 64 version, but Hitmonlee, Meowth, Onix, and Beedrill are some of my favorite pokeymans. :(

Cervetus on
  • Options
    DarkstrykeDarkstryke Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This game needs to have an awesome ad. Like the 64 version ad. BEST AD EVER MADE!

Darkstryke on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Also, did anyone ever find any confirmation on the Famitsu rumor (10-hour adventure mode, bales of characters)?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'll take it. I want to say there were some SSB64 Pokemon that didn't make Brawl (I think, not 100% sure), so this is nice to know.

Hitmonlee, Meowth and Onix are the ones that were completely cut from Melee. Beedrill became Unown, Starmie became Staryu, and Koffing became Weezing.

Also, I'm pretty sure 64 had Charmander (replaced by Charizard), Squirtle (replaced by Blastoise), and Bulbasaur (replaced by Chikorita).

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Joshua368 wrote: »

Also, I'm pretty sure 64 had Charmander (replaced by Charizard), Squirtle (replaced by Blastoise), and Bulbasaur (replaced by Chikorita).

In fact it had none of these. Charmander appeared in Silph Co, but Blastoise and Charizard have always been pokeball pokemon. And Bulbasaur never was.

Snork on
  • Options
    SpeakeasySpeakeasy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Also, did anyone ever find any confirmation on the Famitsu rumor (10-hour adventure mode, bales of characters)?

We will all find out in 11 days.

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Scizor replaced Hitmonlee, I believe.

jothki on
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Man how long do we have to wait for Zelda`s final smash ? It`s really due

Green Lantern on
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Probably as long as we have to wait for Zelda's specials moves.

...and you know when he reveals them, down+b will be the one I neglects to tell us about.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    IllyriaIllyria __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I hope she pulls out Tingle from underneath her robe as her final smash (like Peach does with Toad). After which Tingle causes total carnage and massacres everybody on screen.

Illyria on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] alley.jpg
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Scizor replaced Hitmonlee, I believe.

I thought about that, but I think Scizor's movement pattern is different enough from Hitmonlee's to consider them two separate mans. Hitmonlee stands still and then jump-kicks toward a player character, right? And Scizor walks for a bit and then does a less-targeted jump in the general direction of a player?

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Speakeasy wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

We will all find out in 11 days.

I was all excited then I realized you meant the Magazine was coming out then .

Oh well.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh. So this Famitsu rumor is a rumor about what's going to be in the next Famitsu? I was more excited when I thought it was out already and just no one credible had translated it.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    FishguyFishguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wasn't there going to be a starting roster revealed next week in some magazine as well? The famitsu article will be small potatoes compared to that anyway if the starting roster rumor is true.

Fishguy on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fishguy wrote: »
    Wasn't there going to be a starting roster revealed next week in some magazine as well? The famitsu article will be small potatoes compared to that anyway if the starting roster rumor is true.

Hm. I seem to recall that was in a different magazine.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese mags get some information out this month, since the game is coming out in January for them. Lucky bastards.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    What i don´t get about this update is that Ho-Oh looks so fine and the rest doesn`t i mean what`s up with that?

Green Lantern on
  • Options
    LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    What i don´t get about this update is that Ho-Oh looks so fine and the rest doesn`t i mean what`s up with that?

The darkness of the image and the way the lighting affects the right side of it makes it just a tad harder to see just how low-poly Ho-Oh is.

LordOfMeep on
    SpaceGarSig.png
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It looks like they're pretty much using the Melee models, or even the Pokemon Battle Revolution modes. Don't look too great at all, but eh.

You only ever see them for a few split seconds anyway, and you never tend to pay too much attention to the Pokemon proper anyway cause you're too busy going "OH GOD THERE'S A GUY TRYING TO HIT ME AND NOW THERE'S SOMETHING SHITTING WATER BURSTS AT ME" to care. The only time I actually felt I had time to look at a Pokemon long enough to check out its model was when I threw the Pokeball myself, and didn't have anybody wailing on me at the time.

So them being blocky and jaggy doesn't really bother me THAT much.

edit: but man, seriously, Bellossom look's like she has two broken ceramic bowls glued to her head, rather than flowers growing on it.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The only model that really bugs me is Suicune's, for some reason. I guess it's the paper-thin things on his side.

...and since no one volunteered for the next thread when I asked earlier, should I just take over again?

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • Options
    AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If it hasn't already been done I'd like to coin the term Sakuraisms

Amigu on
    BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Ho-oh does not look fine. Try looking at the things on top of it's head and the tail.
    Although all the others looks as if taken directly from Meelee, I think that Snorlax looks pretty good. Or is that just because there's something bad about it I haven't noticed yet?

Peewi on
  • Options
    shyguyshyguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Snorlax was actually the one that made me think "yikes," just because he's so jagged compared to the roundess of Kirby and Pikachu this time around.

But like people said, they're on the stage for about three seconds and you're not looking at them anyway, so I don't care that they're low-poly.

shyguy on
  • Options
    Professor WayneProfessor Wayne Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm one of those people who doen't even look at the pokemon. Especially the huge ones that just make fire or wind or something swirl around them. Whenever I see something large come out of a pokeball, I just make my way to the other side of the screen. I don't have time to look at what magical creature is coming out of the tiny ball because my asshole roomate is trying to kick me back into whatever madness I am trying to avoid, and I do the same to him when I throw a ball down. I honestly couldn't even remember ever seeing that bird thing. I thought Sakurai snuck a new one in there.

But this is coming from a non-Pokemon master. I just enjoy the fact that most of them yell their names really loud when they appear.

Professor Wayne on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    that was pretty sweet

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Joshua368 wrote: »
    ...and since no one volunteered for the next thread when I asked earlier, should I just take over again?

On the one hand, posting the "Returning minor enemies in single player mode" update isn't exactly enticing.

On the other hand, choosing the thread title is now the most exciting part of the update...

Frosteey on