As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Holy crap, there's a new Dawn of War Expansion (WH40K)

• Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    kroot9.jpg

you are fuuuucked

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    that thing is pretty fancy and shit, but its certainly not a thunderhawk gunship. Or that other Imperial thing with wings, that is style.

EDIT: I remember spamming krootoxs, those where the days. Damn cap.

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    PredatorPredator __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    so are the only new units for the other races the air units? or did they get air units plus one more ground unit?

Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    that thing is pretty fancy and shit, but its certainly not a thunderhawk gunship. Or that other Imperial thing with wings, that is style.

EDIT: I remember spamming krootoxs, those where the days. Damn cap.

Thunderhawk gunships have firepower that would put a land raider to shame |:

This might be better when it comes to balance.

Gumpy on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    bfg-kroot.gif

motherfucking kroot air unit

What... what does that do :|

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Spins and shoots guns. What are you, blind?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What the FUCK is that ball thing.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Of course, it is several kilometers in diameter, so is larger than most DoW battlefields. The Kroot Warsphere is about as likely to make an appearance as an air unit as an emperor class battleship.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    but new eldar can still be made the good ole fashioned way?

edit: I swear I read that all eldar born are immediately desouled by Slaneesh

If, by old-fashioned, you mean with lots of poetry and froofery. Then yeah.

Eldar can be born just fine, souls and all. Eldar souls are linked to Slaanesh in such a way he/she/it immediately consumes them when they die unless they're extremely powerful, trapped in a soulstone (or similar construct), of protected by some other means (like the Laughing God).

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The Laughing God does it kinda rarely, though. So the first two options are the best, with the second being nearly crucial.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    who is powerful enough to float away from slaneesh?

Is the correct answer Eldrad?

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    edited January 2008
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck if I can remember.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    The Laughing God does it kinda rarely, though. So the first two options are the best, with the second being nearly crucial.
    'Cept Solitares don't wear them so they're pretty much fucked. And everyone else just lives in a soul stone because the Laughing God doesn't give a shit about them.

Edit: Man, Eldrad got his shit ruined by that cock, Khaine.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Goomba wrote: »
    'Cept Solitares don't wear them so they're pretty much fucked. And everyone else just lives in a soul stone because the Laughing God doesn't give a shit about them.

It's like the heads in a jar in Futurama.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Goomba wrote: »

It's like the heads in a jar in Futurama.
    With the possibility of getting put on an awesome robot.

So yes.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Nixon did it.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Eldrad got munched by a Blackstone fortress/Talisman of Vaul right? During the 13th Black Crusade? I always kinda figured that the Chaos powers had Corrupted them somehow, or else that necrons were involved. Then again I didn't pay much attention to it at the time.

Asher on
  • Options
    VytaeVytae Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah,but remeber what happened when Regan-in-a-jar got loose?

Anyways,the games going to be an inbalanced clusterfuck. Its 100% impossible to balance 9 races with air units thrown in. They couldnt even balance 4.

But it WILL be fucking cool to play. Sync kills,World(s) domination mode? ahhh gratuitous violence ftw.

And dark eldar are little emo bitches. Seriously,they wear mascara (just look at the screenshots!) and run around trying to outrun the inevitable. WHICH IS A FUCKING LASGUN TO THE FACE! FOR THE EMPEROR BITCHES!

And i don't know why Tyranids get so much love,the Doombots (necron) are much much cooler.

Vytae on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I just want DoW 2 which looks and, to a certain extent, plays like CoH. I want to ruin a city with my Basilisks. Also, Valhallans.

Asher on
  • Options
    ShyftedShyfted Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Asher wrote: »
    I just want DoW 2 which looks and, to a certain extent, plays like CoH. I want to ruin a city with my Basilisks. Also, Valhallans.

Also Tyranids.

Shyfted on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

This dream is the only thing that keeps me going.

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    canemaquiluscanemaquilus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Morskittar wrote:
    If, by old-fashioned, you mean with lots of poetry and froofery. Then yeah.

Assuming your talking about standard eldar then yeah, theres a lot of poetry and stuff involved.

If your talking about Dark Eldar, babies are made in slaenesh worshipping blood orgies. Good times.

canemaquilus on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Shyfted wrote: »

Also Tyranids.

We should just make a footnote on the OP: they aren't making Tyranids, because they don't feel they can do them justice. You will not be playing Tyranids in this decade.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ehhh dark eldar don't really worship slaanesh, but they have given in to pleasure entirely, so i guess in a way they worship him, but the blood and orgies are directly on the spot.

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    this decade!?!?!

a dagger.

a DAGGER through my heart.

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    edited January 2008
    I seriously think that Tyranids would have to be one of the 4 opening races in DoW2. They went and said that they wouldn't do tyranids until they could do them properly in DoW2, so not having them in there straight up would be a disappointment.
    I'd also like to see Lost and the Damned or Genestealer Cults or something which is Chaosy/heretical but not Blarg Traitor Legions.

Asher on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Eldrad got munched by a Blackstone fortress/Talisman of Vaul right? During the 13th Black Crusade? I always kinda figured that the Chaos powers had Corrupted them somehow, or else that necrons were involved. Then again I didn't pay much attention to it at the time.
    Oh right, Eldrad is the one that got sucked in to the Warp. Eldanesh is the one that tried to take on Khaine with Falcon's help. Falcon's help being bringing Anaris to him.

Kinda like how the Falcon grav tanks bring warriors to the fight.

Edit: This decade? They might be working on it already and have it ready by December 2009. I mean just think about it they refuse to let DoW die so I don't think they they're not going to follow up with a new game that will sell well. Just as long as it has Rangers with FoF, I'm happy.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    or maybe how all who love life fear the reaper?

I always thought that Chaos was the one race that Relic didn't capture well in DoW.

they were just all like BLURUGHUGH IMA BEEG EVIL BBLEAARG and screeching and stuff.

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So here's a question for you DoW folks. I picked up the Gold edition + Dark Crusade off Steam during the recent sale and I'm slogging my way through the Space Marines campaign in the original. It's super fun but playing the Marines is getting kind of old. Would I be able to jump right into the Dark Crusade campaign mode and not get crushed? I'd kind of like to try out some of the other factions.

zilo on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Well, that is how the Traitor Legions are. Thats why I'd like to see the Lost and the Damned instead.

Asher on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DoW 2 should be based off of apocalypse rules/gameplay.

titans, anyone?

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Im wanting to go back and play DoW and WC again before I get into DC.

Wasnt there some issue with DoW and WC not working right on widescreen resolutions?

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Well, that is how the Traitor Legions are. Thats why I'd like to see the Lost and the Damned instead.

probability- 0.

At least in 2nd ed, when I played, the chaos marines weren't crazy skin eaters. They were mostly just super pissed off insane warriors who thought they got a raw deal by a hypocritical emperor. And then they sort of accidently took loans they couldn't pay to some really bad dudes. But mostly they were just vengeful.

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    arcath wrote: »
    Im wanting to go back and play DoW and WC again before I get into DC.

Wasnt there some issue with DoW and WC not working right on widescreen resolutions?

They essentially patched out widescreen support for DoW and WC. DC has it but it's vert -.

august on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    zilo wrote: »
    So here's a question for you DoW folks. I picked up the Gold edition + Dark Crusade off Steam during the recent sale and I'm slogging my way through the Space Marines campaign in the original. It's super fun but playing the Marines is getting kind of old. Would I be able to jump right into the Dark Crusade campaign mode and not get crushed? I'd kind of like to try out some of the other factions.
    As long as you attack power 1 or 2 areas are first, you should be perfectly fine.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008

probability- 0.

At least in 2nd ed, when I played, the chaos marines weren't crazy skin eaters. They were mostly just super pissed off insane warriors who thought they got a raw deal by a hypocritical emperor. And then they sort of accidently took loans they couldn't pay to some really bad dudes. But mostly they were just vengeful.

I know that there's no actual chance of it happening, but I'm hoping damnit! Oh hey, Demo linked earlier in the thread. I should get that.

Asher on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    You know, I still love the intro. Nothing anyone says will ever make me not love it.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VytaeVytae Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Widescreen support in DC ISNT. It stretches the screen,and then squishes,so you actually have LESS screen space then some guy just running a regular resolution. You can sorta fix it with a camera mod,but that curves the screen when you zoom out.

Vytae on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Uh, yeah. It's vert -. It keeps everything in proportion but cuts off the top and bottom. Probably because of multi competitive balance bs.

august on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    One of the reasons why I want DoW 2 is that it will, most likely, have another insanely awesome intro.

Asher on