Options

PSP Store is finally up

2»

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Grislo wrote: »
    Twisted Metal 2, but not in Europe? That's just cruel.

And, on that note, can Europeans access US content, or are there street/billing address things that need to match up?

(I can't check from this computer.)

You can download US demos by making a US PSN account (you'll have to use an actual post code for it, so just use 90210 and LA, California) but you can't buy US games using a European credit card.

You can however import Japanese PSN Cards from NCSX Importers and use that to buy games from the Japanese PS Store. Setting up a Japanese account is even easier than setting up a US one, all you have to do is enter gibberish, don't even have to put in a real post code.

Hopefully Sony will release PSN Cards in the US and Europe pretty soon, so then we'll be able to import them too.

Btw, a little while back SCEE released a list of PS1 games that'll be heading to the European Stores in the next couple of months which includes:
    Bust-A-Groove
    Colony Wars
    Crash Bandicoot 2
    Crash Bandicoot 3
    Destruction Derby
    G-Police
    Kula World
    Motor Toon Grand Prix 2
    Syphon Filter 2

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    PeterPeter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This is really exciting. coz i never had a ps1. Say, do u think i ll have any trouble buying from the ozzie store and playing the games on my Japanese psp?

Peter on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    WipEout 3 Special Edition, Bishi Bashi Special and Alien Resurection and I might actally buy another PSP (last one got nicked. 6 Months ago.)

ben0207 on
  • Options
    shyguyshyguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Depending on what games are released on this service, this might be an even bigger drain on my money than the Virtual Console is.

I already want Crash, Jumping Flash!, Jet Moto, and MediEvil.

Dear Sony,

Tekken 3

Thanks.

shyguy on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hasn't it been possible to rip your own PS1 discs and play them on PSP for ages anyway? Or am I very confused (I don't follow the PSP much, but am interested in it enough to consider buying one at some point)

LewieP on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    Hasn't it been possible to rip your own PS1 discs and play them on PSP for ages anyway? Or am I very confused (I don't follow the PSP much, but am interested in it enough to consider buying one at some point)

Only illegally.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Man, those selection of games are poor! I saw them last night and was suprised at the little offerings they had. Come on sony, I wanna get all the PS1 JRPGs/SRPGs!

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Drez wrote: »

Only illegally.

aha, that is the source of my confusion.

Edit: Am I right in think it is illigal because people download games they don't own, and that there is nothing illegal about ripping and playing your own PS1 games, or is there somethign illegal about the proccess that I don't know about?

LewieP on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    might be time to dust off my PSP.

My backlog is almost out of control already though :(

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Only illegally.

Edit: Am I right in think it is illigal because people download games they don't own, and that there is nothing illegal about ripping and playing your own PS1 games, or is there somethign illegal about the proccess that I don't know about?

It is illegal to circumvent copyright measures in America, even if it is legal for you to make a copy for personal use. If you have to break copyright to make that copy, it's illegal.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    wunderbar wrote: »

Only illegally.

It is illegal to circumvent copyright measures in America, even if it is legal for you to make a copy for personal use. If you have to break copyright to make that copy, it's illegal.

"Location: Stockton/Manchester, UK"

Phew.

That's fucking crazy. Is it illegal to rip CDs/DVDs in the USA too?

LewieP on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So, which would be the better version of SOTN to get? Download this version or buy the UMD and jump through the hoops?

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    wunderbar wrote: »

Only illegally.

"Location: Stockton/Manchester, UK"

Phew.

That's fucking crazy. Is it illegal to rip CDs/DVDs in the USA too?

Technically... no. But yes is the answer to your question. :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man, those selection of games are poor! I saw them last night and was suprised at the little offerings they had. Come on sony, I wanna get all the PS1 JRPGs/SRPGs!

You'll never see a Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, Dragon Quest, Chrono Cross or Xenogears on it. Never. Why the hell would Square Enix release their PS1 games on it for a cheap price when they can port them to the PSP, add a little new content and sell it as a new release?

Doctor Detroit: Depends. The downloadable version works with both the PS3 and PSP, while Dracula X Chronicles has two entire games in it, is more expensive and has an updated translation. Personally, I'm getting Dracula X Chronicles but seeing as I don't live in the US, there's no choice anyway.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Dracula X Chronicles version is very good and the updated translation is pretty sweet. You can play as Maria, but sadly the Saturn content isn't here. The only crappy thing is the windowed aspect ratio. I'm assuming you can stretch the PSPStore's copy to make use of the whole screen.

But yeah DXC is a great game anyway.

Sci-Fi Wasabi on
    sci+fi+wasabi.png