As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] of Lovecraft: West Victory!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'll be entirely honest and say that three people have caught my eye at this point.

Fuzzy, Satan, and Plutonium.

I made my accusation of Plutonium quite a while back. I've always been a bit weary of Satan just because he seemed to have odd timing and input to me. Now with his recent outcry against my idea to continue hunting for cultist i feel pretty secure. As for fuzzy i'm kind of bandwagoning on him but I can see the justification.

We still need a way to isolate the Dr. Hopefully between the arsonist and random killings we'll see the ranks of revnants drop.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I've always been a bit weary of Satan just because he seemed to have odd timing and input to me. Now with his recent outcry against my idea to continue hunting for cultist i feel pretty secure.

Well, you have 20 posts. Seven came today, a pretty substantial amount all of a sudden when you had a whole 13 prior, with a couple being crap throwaways that didn't contribute. You're suddenly putting forth these heavy accusations because I think you're running scared, trying to divert attention from yourself. I'm still waiting on that contextual evidence you claimed to have but had to search for.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I've got nothing hard to pin on anyone. I should have been more clear about that. Running scared? Yes, I am because right now I think that you're wondering if i'm worth killing or not.

It should be noted that this is my first phalla, so at first I lurked a bit. Lost a bit of time on the weekend and here we are. I don't particularly want to be on the radar but at this point there has to be a turning point to confront the combination of the cultist and undead.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, since Barinleech was kind enough to put up some sort of defense, I !vote Fuzzy Cumunolimbus Cloud and !vote to exhume B:L

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I've got nothing hard to pin on anyone. I should have been more clear about that. Running scared? Yes, I am because right now I think that you're wondering if i'm worth killing or not.

It should be noted that this is my first phalla, so at first I lurked a bit. Lost a bit of time on the weekend and here we are. I don't particularly want to be on the radar but at this point there has to be a turning point to confront the combination of the cultist and undead.
    I'm not wondering if you're worth killing or not. I've already determined your worth (actually, I did earlier and you've done nothing [IMHO] to refute it).

This is my first phalla too, and under the radar to me looks suspicious.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well I think it plays out like this.

If I die, you're with the cultist.
    If only you die, I look damn guilty til exhumation.
    If we both die, then we've done the village a small favor since neither of us are cultist in that scenario.
    If neither of us dies, you should consider coming up with some leads because hunting revnants will get us all killed.

Honestly though, if no one I mentioned is a cultist then it looks like letting me live would be doing them one huge favor since i'm misdirecting the entire village. Fortunately I believe that it is highly unlikely that all three of you are innocent. Whatever tonight's outcome is. I'm positive that a cultist will be killed tomorrow as a result.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    What part of "we know a bad guy, so take him down" didn't you get? We know one bad guy for a fact so we're chasing him. Tomorrow is another day, because with the kills and exhumations comes new knowledge.

Neither of us is going down tonight.

Satan. on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Not to the village vote but you might get picked off by cultists.

If we don't kill the doctor, revenants are never ending, no? If all we do is kill revenants, we can't win.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yes, but we know who a revenant is right now. In the future we might not know. Since we know it now, we can keep their numbers down by taking one down.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    That was my thought as well, since I didn't have any good leads. Hopefully tomorrow more information will come to light.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Right. I am expecting some good information through the result of tonight that will help direct us somewhere beside chasing revenant after revenant.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm out for now, hopefully I can come back around before voting closes.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    What's this? Half hour before close and no bumrush?

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Cultists know they're safe cause we're voting for LaOs. No need to try and derail the bandwagon, I guess.

Medopine on
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I suppose I'll !vote LaOs as there isn't enough time to catch up. I am under the impression that he is an undead menace, and already completely bandwagoned. If this is incorrect, please say something, as I'm about to drive out to the airport and won't be back until after the close.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I guess I am going to !Vote Laos
    and going with !exhume B:L.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I was just surprised is all. Usually the inactives rush in and freak.

Satan. on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Voting closed. Late narration again.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Elendil... Votes closed?
    Hm?

Elendil on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh, you closed it late.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Dead:

Plutonium
    Durax

LaOs - Shot - Revenant
    TehSpectre - Torched - Villager
    DarkPrimus - Throat ripped out - Cultist of the Esoteric Order of Dagon

Exhumed:

B:L - Plague - Villager
    Raakam - Knifed - Villager

Elendil on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, Dinger... Messed up a bit, but that was fun.

OoooooOoooOOoooo and such

LaOs on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    OOOOooooOOOO
    Good luck.
    OOOOooooOOOO

durax on
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ...throat ripped out?
    Can we assume thats a revenant kill?

Picardathon on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wait, we still have the even-night arsonist? That's as surprising as it is reassuring.

That's two Dagon cultists we know are dead. If we're lucky the third could be down as well, which would mean we'd only have one cult left to deal with.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So should we try to figure out what factions the unknown deaths belonged to? I suppose it would make more sense to figure out who will be exhumed tomorrow night before we begin a bandwagon.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ...throat ripped out?
    Can we assume thats a revenant kill?
    Yes.

Elendil on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    May Dagon feast upon your souls for all eternity, oh ye wretched unbelivers!

oooOOOOOOooooo

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    OoooooOOOOOOOoooo hmm.

Looks like the cultists got me.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    OoOoOooAHHHHHGH I'M BURNING ARGHGHNAHnnnnnguu...

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Plutonium should be dug up along with one another so we can keep track of empty graves.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    !Durax

Not sure when I'll get back online, but I'll make a kill-vote later. I am suspicious of a few people, but eh.

*edit, hey RU is still alive. :D!kill Romantic Undead Down with the mods! What did they ever do for us?!

Aldo on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oooooooooooo

DarkPrimus = Cultist
    Raakam = awesome.

I HATE YOU GUYS SO HARD IN THE FACE, I WAS RIGHT $(&)#*#)

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    !Durax

Not sure when I'll get back online, but I'll make a kill-vote later. I am suspicious of a few people, but eh.

*edit, hey RU is still alive. :D!kill Romantic Undead Down with the mods! What did they ever do for us?!

Oh hi there.
    You wanna attach a reason to that vote? It's a little late for joke votes by now, wouldn't you say?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    !Durax

Oh hi there.
    You wanna attach a reason to that vote? It's a little late for joke votes by now, wouldn't you say?
    While you only have 14 posts over the game, I fail to see any of those posts that are much beyond joining bandwagons / basic reasoning. Your post about not getting too many people on the 'wagon makes sense to me but at the same time could just be you hiding yourself. I remain unconvinced after a quick look at your posts, so I'll wait to see if Aldo offers a better reason.
    Plutonium should be dug up along with one another so we can keep track of empty graves.
    Didn't you just say we shouldn't be chasing revenants? What else does this accomplish?

Satan. on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    To Satan: You're right, I haven't been very active in this Phalla, but that's simply a consequence of this not being a very active Phalla to begin with. I have nothing to work with besides what little is being said, and by the time I come up with a theory, someone beats me to.

Secondly, I have played enough Phallas now that one point has made itself abundantly clear: talking, especially when you have nothing to contribute, gets you killed.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Alright, so I scanned through the player list and checked the posts of just about everyone still able to be activel in the game. Here is what I'm coming up with.

Plutonium: Dead and not exhumed. Tosses a lot of accusations that never really turn up (though I can be said to do the same thing). The one accusation I'm focusing on is Sab as the Doctor/some other special. We don't know about Sab yet besides that he wasn't the Doctor -- LaOs was killed before DarkPrimus went down. I think an exhume vote is worthwhile here to find out if Plut was covering for himself or not. That being said, !vote Plutonium.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud: Barely talking. Votes with little to no reason other than bandwagon. Either a villager or a baddie doing a great job of blending in. He apologized one night for his lack of activity but has made no motions in that direction since then. I really feel that he's blending in and we should have him dragged into the street and shot. I'd like to see what you all think, but I'll go ahead and toss my hat in the !vote Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud ring.

Satan. on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've had work every night and an extensive research paper to complete.
    The only time I even have to read the forum is 5 minutes before my class. D:
    Once thursday is over, I'll be back to normal poasting abilities.
    You can still bandwagon me, because I understand this explanation could be deemed "convenient".
    You won't gain anything except killing a villager though.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    But hot damn, you have plenty of time to play TF2.

Satan. on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I !Vote Fuzzy and exhume Plutonium.

Fuzzy because Satan just made a damn good point, and Plutonium mostly just because.

Quid on