As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] of Lovecraft: West Victory!

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Clarification: Do we learn the role of people who are killed in general? Do we at least learn the identities of those killed by the village?
    I cannot answer that question at this time.

Elendil on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Hey Laos.

You know, there seem to be a great many people not taking the situation in our village seriously. Why? Because they are trying to kill us via disease and/or poison! After we take down Aldo, I suggest we vote for Zot and zanmatto. Your lives depend on this!

It would be extraordinary work if you have managed to find out that both Zot and Zanmatto are both evil so early on.
    Thus, I think that you are evil, because if you are you would know that these guys are perfectly innocent.

Hmmm... the dashing-through-the-snow puppy might be on to something.

Last time I checked, puppies couldn't talk.

James on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey Laos.

You know, there seem to be a great many people not taking the situation in our village seriously. Why? Because they are trying to kill us via disease and/or poison! After we take down Aldo, I suggest we vote for Zot and zanmatto. Your lives depend on this!

It would be extraordinary work if you have managed to find out that both Zot and Zanmatto are both evil so early on.
    Thus, I think that you are evil, because if you are you would know that these guys are perfectly innocent.

I've predicted people this early in a day before

I believe he may be on to something.

hmmm !Vote Zot

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I !vote for Satan Himself.

Something about his name seems... diabolical.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    !vote Pretentious

*cough*
    Clarification: Thought all votes had to be in by 10pm? Or does the first day extend to 10pm EST tomorrow?
    The first day started early. It ends tomorrow evening.

What time is it in EST right now... 10:33pm?

LaOs on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh good, I can wait a while to decide who to vote for tomorrow.

Edit: Yep Laos that's right.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey Laos.

Hmmm... the dashing-through-the-snow puppy might be on to something.

Last time I checked, puppies couldn't talk.

Nono, he's literally on something... I think I see an arm reaching out of the snowbank there. Someone help the boy!

LaOs on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This is going to sound beyond stupid, but how does real-life Mafia work?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey Laos.

Only a Protestant would be so foolish.

Huh?
    I thought New England was protestant, IE puritan, and hated the pope.
    You're therefore saying that you're not protestant, IE not in the majority, IE a cultist.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Zot wrote: »
    Hey Laos.

hmmm !Vote Zot

I'm not so keen on the voting for yourself trick. What is going on there, hmm??

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    On second thought Zanmatto is more suspicious than I

Notice who he just strangely disappeared?

Also he was a lot less active when he was good in the only phalla he's been in so far

strange

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Medopine wrote: »
    Oh good, I can wait a while to decide who to vote for tomorrow.

Edit: Yep Laos that's right.

Thank you very much.

And yeah, tomorrow will be a good day to think on who to vote for.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey Laos.

hmmm !Vote Zot

No trick

I think I'm acting pretty suspicious as well

But I take this very seriously

Phalla is serious business

• Options
    edited November 2007

Also he was a lot less active when he was good in the only phalla he's been in so far

strange

Hmm... now what to make of that?

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

strange

I think you're evil

Anyone able to post more than I must be evil

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey Laos.

hmmm !Vote Zot

No trick

I think I'm acting pretty suspicious as well

But I take this very seriously

Phalla is serious business

Always.
    Always.

LaOs on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If James did turn out to be evil then KrunkMcGrunk and LaOs could both reasonably be trusted as good. Unfortunately thats as far as the incrimination/vindication train goes this early in the game. Right now, the most information would be gleaned by executing Pretentious. If he is a bad guy, the KrunkMcGrunk probably is as well. If not, then we should execute Rakaam next. If they both turn out to be innocent, then Quid and Chamberlain are almost certainly bad guys.

I !vote for Pretentious.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey Laos.

Huh?
    You're therefore saying that you're not protestant, IE not in the majority, IE a cultist.

Ruff ruff! Good doggie.

James on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zot, you don't have to hide it behind smoke and mirrors. You can just come out and say you find Zanmatto annoying.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited November 2007

strange

I think you're evil

Anyone able to post more than I must be evil

You've clearly not been paying attention to my posting history.

I died on day two (or three, I think) in the Oregon Phalla and still had the most posts in the thread by the last day. It just happens.

LaOs on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I !vote for Satan Himself.

Something about his name seems... diabolical.
    It could be that I'm the fucking devil. Also, Judas tastes like he hasn't showered in 2000 years.

Please, someone tell me they got that.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Sounds like something someone evil would say

I'M ON TO ALL OF YOU

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    If James did turn out to be evil then KrunkMcGrunk and LaOs could both reasonably be trusted as good. Unfortunately thats as far as the incrimination/vindication train goes this early in the game. Right now, the most information would be gleaned by executing Pretentious. If he is a bad guy, the KrunkMcGrunk probably is as well. If not, then we should execute Rakaam next. If they both turn out to be innocent, then Quid and Chamberlain are almost certainly bad guys.

I !vote for Pretentious.

There are a lot of words there... what have you based all this on?
    (I like my Phalla theories distilled and ready-made for consumption.)

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Zot, you don't have to hide it behind smoke and mirrors. You can just come out and say you find Zanmatto annoying.

This is not a lie

I do think that Zanmatto is acting suspicious based off of the one phalla he's played

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Sounds like something someone evil would say

I'M ON TO ALL OF YOU

Do you like it on top?

Now, the question is, would the Poisoners or the Infectors prefer the dominant position?

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wait, if I'm evil then why is KrunkMcGrunk evil? I mean, he voted for me Night 1 (which is used as a tactic to distance themselves from their fellow evils) but that's hardly proof. Especially seeing as it's not like my bandwagon is set in stone, so him voting for me just makes it more likely that others will vote for me (based on typical villager logic, which is that if enough other people are willing to vote for X, there must be some good reason why). It's not like it's a late "oh he's going to die might as well distance myself" vote.

Unless of course he thought someone would think this....

P10 on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Honestly, I'm not talking too much because there is little to say.

I'm browsing through peoples messages, looking for anything that sticks out. Honestly, I understand why yall wanna wagon me, and if you think its for the good of the village, go ahead.

Even though I already did a reveal :(

Also, I spent the first four and a half pages making my low quality sig.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

This is not a lie

I do think that Zanmatto is acting suspicious based off of the one phalla he's played

Maybe he went to bed?

I'm thinking of doing that.
    (Yes, I know it's only quarter to ten, Zot. I am sleepy... and want to re-read more ASoIaF.)

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I've always been under the impression that activity in of itself indicated that you are good, as most evils will want to stay out of the witch hunting and bandwagoning that occurs in most phallas. Then again we can't figure out the truly suspicious people without a few days of villagers going around and killing eachother. Hopefully by the time we figure all of this out the cultists wont have inevitability, as 2 deaths per turn by itself seems pretty harsh before you count in the possibility of the village/the arsonists completely misfiring for three days straight.
    Then again, I might be overthinking this entirely.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Guys I am the cute dog around here, no one else!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Anyhoo, there really isnt very many people here that are being suspicious other than me. Because of that, my vote stays on Raakam simply for the sake of self preservation.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey Laos.

Huh?
    Adorable puppy>>>some dude smoking something.
    Ruff ruff! Good doggie.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey Laos.

Huh?

Ruff ruff! Good doggie.

Adorable Puppy>>>Some guy smoking something.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I !vote for Pretentious.

Let me flip through my observations notebook. Ah yes, these are the "distilled" passages:

LaOs is DEFINITELY NOT in league with James

KrunkMcGrunk is PROBABLY a bad guy if Pretentious is bad

Irenedadler is DEFINTELY NOT in league with Pretentious

IF both Pretentious and Rakaam are INNOCENT then Quid COULD BE a bad guy with Chamberlain

KrunkMcGrunk is DEFINETELY NOT in league with James

I have got two in half pages of this stuff and the material citing it, but I would rather not reveal my qualifications for certain judgements for obvious reasons, but each one is researched with a method.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I've always been under the impression that activity in of itself indicated that you are good, as most evils will want to stay out of the witch hunting and bandwagoning that occurs in most phallas. Then again we can't figure out the truly suspicious people without a few days of villagers going around and killing eachother. Hopefully by the time we figure all of this out the cultists wont have inevitability, as 2 deaths per turn by itself seems pretty harsh before you count in the possibility of the village/the arsonists completely misfiring for three days straight.
    Then again, I might be overthinking this entirely.

I don't know if you're overthinking, but generally I find activity with respect to consistency over the history of Phalla participation to be much more important than activity on its own.

If Zot is always a posty bitch, him being a posty bitch this time around doesn't really prove anything. This is even more true if he's been a posty bitch whether a goodie, baddie, neutral or dead (ha!). I think looking to the people who are not acting as they normally do as suspicious (however, I temper this with the warning that today was a half-day start added to the front of the real Day 1, so some people need time to realise the game is going and to get their gears going).

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    though in all seriousness, i thought the dominant religion in america was catholicism. i am not american.

perhaps i am the doctor that became infected when he visited!

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    zanmatto wrote: »
    Honestly, I understand why yall wanna wagon me, and if you think its for the good of the village, go ahead.
    It's definitely good for our collective sanity, but for the village, I don't know.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Must... Catch up in posts... even if it means not doing my homework until laterrrrr!!!!!!!

Lady Eri is acting suspicious

Now, I may not know anything about her/him/it

But I do know this:

Why would a Wookie, an 8 foot tall Wookie, be living on Endor with a bunch of 2 foot tall Ewoks? This does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, then Lady Eri must be evil! The defense rests.

• Options
    edited November 2007

I !vote for Pretentious.

Let me flip through my observations notebook. Ah yes, these are the "distilled" passages:

LaOs is DEFINITELY NOT in league with James

KrunkMcGrunk is PROBABLY a bad guy if Pretentious is bad

Irenedadler is DEFINTELY NOT in league with Pretentious

IF both Pretentious and Rakaam are INNOCENT then Quid COULD BE a bad guy with Chamberlain

KrunkMcGrunk is DEFINETELY NOT in league with James

I have got two in half pages of this stuff and the material citing it, but I would rather not reveal my qualifications for certain judgements for obvious reasons, but each one is researched with a method.
    Clever...

although not completely answering what I was asking.

I got that you think some people are tied to other people, but I was wondering at the how you came to those conclusions. I've got a wide-open PM box if you don't want to be too public with your methods. Takes some trust on your part, so I would understand if you don't go for it.

LaOs on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I wonder what Lady Eri thinks of me.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411