As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] of Lovecraft: West Victory!

1343536373840»

• Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    James wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    So uh apparently I am terrible at these things.

Anyone have advice? How the fuck do you network when you get the "lol villager you can't do anything special" PM in every single game?

:(

Act suspicious and get seer'd.

That is actually a viable idea I had not though of before, haha.

Medopine on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Anyone have advice? How the fuck do you network when you get the "lol villager you can't do anything special" PM in every single game?

Next Phalla: Everyone acts suspicious on purpose except for one person, who gets seered for being suspiciously unsuspicious.

Smasher on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

Next Phalla: Everyone acts suspicious on purpose except for one person, who gets seered for being suspiciously unsuspicious.
    Hi, guys, how is everyone today?
    *GET HIM*
    D:

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

The opposite happened to me on my first phalla. I acted helpful and got seered. I was a bad guy. Elendil sold me out :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    After I had died, unfortunately. I had been adamant about killing you for the longest time, because you were a vet but were being rather quiet this Phalla... and I knew from experience that you could play the game almost entirely from PMs. :P

Heh, are you referring to Kingdoms of Phallacia? That game raped my mailbox. I'm just glad the board switch happened before that, since the old boards let you have like 15 messages tops.

As for activity, I think you have me mispegged. The first seven or so Phallas I played I posted a lot, but that's dropped for the most part in the past few I've done regardless of my role. This Phalla having roughly half the posts most Phallas do contributed to that too.

Well I haven't read any Phallas for a few months, so... :P

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Our only chance at victory lied in the hands of the zombies, really. All we could do was trying to get the names of the people we couldn't kill out in the open, without us getting bandwagon'd. I don't think this game was horribly unbalanced, it just required us bad guys to convince the village/zombies.

Aldo on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I didn't really know it was standard to contact people through PM. I Kind of wondered how that worked out although Medopine messaged me toward the end of the game. I still feel really bad about offing Satan. I have to say the cultist did a really good job of throwing everyone off of the theory I came up with. We had a number of you picked out but you guys were even more impressive in handling us.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png