As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is [Chat] worth it?

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm sorry, Mojo, your friend has to die. No one is allowed to abuse "lol" to that extent and live.
    I sometimes wonder if certain computers automatically replace periods with ‘lol’s.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If I ever become that ridiculously vapid, I count on you guys to come to my house and put me out of my misery.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Bitches!

Sup bitches.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Bitches!

Sup bitches.

It is so foggy outside that everything outside the window is white.

How's the Wii?

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    so like i was walking home rite lol? and i saw this dog lol and the dog was like WOOF and i was like LOL and i shouted at him and said like sup doggy? lol and he was all WOOF again and so i started txtng u cus thats so awesome lol rite?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    yoz

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    so like i was walking home rite lol? and i saw this dog lol and the dog was like WOOF and i was like LOL and i shouted at him and said like sup doggy? lol and he was all WOOF again and so i started txtng u cus thats so awesome lol rite?

Did the bricks hit you head? D:

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    James wrote: »
    Bitches!

Sup bitches.

It is so foggy outside that everything outside the window is white.

How's the Wii?

The Wii is waiting until I finish my chores for the day. :)

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    hey poldy, hap.

how you guys doin

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Someone did that to me once but instead of a dog it was mens underwear on the floor of a Wendy's.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    mens underwear on the floor of a Wendy's.

Oh gross! >.<

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Someone did that to me once but instead of a dog it was mens underwear on the floor of a Wendy's.

They texted you about it in that style?

Or the men's underwear barked at you.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If I start AC now... can I stop playing in about an hour or will I be all like "mooore, mooore!"?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A guy I work with says LoL with everything, and he's not even some bubble headed teenager, he's a god damn wow junkie.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2007

They texted you about it in that style?

Or the men's underwear barked at you.

Texted in that style. It's pretty typical of girls.

I have to go, I have to write a test/essay.

James on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have to sort out my photo on the departmental website, I think I'm going to use the one from when I grew a beard and then shaved it off to leave a moustache. It is going to be great.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Does he say "L"-"O"-"L" or "lawl"?

I've got a friend that will say the first after someone says something that was a failed attempt at a joke, but never seriously.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I have to go, I have to write a test/essay.

May Alfred be with you. :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    He says Lawl like outloud and types lol after everything, fucking everything. Anything that could possibly be construed a joke. Sometimes he'll start an email sentence with lol and end it with lol. I want to strangle his pudgy face into oblivion.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    JPants wrote: »
    Does he say "L"-"O"-"L" or "lawl"?

I've got a friend that will say the first after someone says something that was a failed attempt at a joke, but never seriously.

That sounds kinda mean :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So CoD4 continues the trend I hope to see more of in video games...
    Credits rap! Hell yes. I want to make an album.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    he's not even some bubble headed teenager, he's a god damn wow junkie.

How is one better than the other?
    I'm sort of kidding, since I used to be/sort of still am a WoW junkie. But the majority of people in WoW type like dyslexic one-fingered gerbils.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    And all the retards babble in Barrens chat.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I'm sort of kidding, since I used to be/sort of still am a WoW junkie. But the majority of people in WoW type like dyslexic one-fingered gerbils.

Well one I can excuse because being a teenager is a period of dumb assery in ones life, the other is just him being a fucking idiot.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

One of the requirements for admission into my guild is a grammar and spelling test.

I'm not actually joking. I administer it. We've weeded out so much of the stupid it's not even funny.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »

I've never spent very much time in Barrens as Horde. Is it really as bad as people say? I really can't imagine that it's that much worse than Elwynn Forest or uh... oh my god, I forgot the name of that zone, the one with Deadmines.

Anyway, I had to turn off General after being in the game for like an hour because of all the retards in Elwynn. I can't imagine anything significantly worse than that.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ouch. i had a friend do that a couple times too... I think he was trying it out to see if it would fly.

It didn't.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

One of the requirements for admission into my guild is a grammar and spelling test.

I'm not actually joking. I administer it. We've weeded out so much of the stupid it's not even funny.

Didn't you say you're in a tiny family guild?

Anyway, I envy guilds with typing/language standards. Obsidian Spur had a rule about that, and I'd always been tempted to try to implement it in CTS, but was too much of a pussy.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I've never spent very much time in Barrens as Horde. Is it really as bad as people say? I really can't imagine that it's that much worse than Elwynn Forest or uh... oh my god, I forgot the name of that zone, the one with Deadmines.

Anyway, I had to turn off General after being in the game for like an hour because of all the retards in Elwynn. I can't imagine anything significantly worse than that.

Well, I'm on another continent and speak another language, but it was exactly as bad as all the stories I've heard here and elsewhere.
    A friend even bought the shirt. :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, Westfall has some retarded chat. Every 10 minutes you'll see people debating if the instance should be called VC or DM cause "OMG WHY WOULD A LEVEL 19 WANT TO GO TO DIRE MAUL??? LOLOLOLOL"

JPants on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I have accumulated 3011 items in Safari’s history since last Wednesday.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    On the server I was on barrens chat wasn't really anything. A couple morons would say "ZOMG INSULTING THING BARRENS CHAT" and then 2 hours of blessed silence.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

It's worse. You quest there from about 8 to somewhere in your mid-20's, and it's populated by three of the four horde races: trolls, orcs, and tauren. It gets pretty terrible.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    On the server I was on barrens chat wasn't really anything. A couple morons would say "ZOMG INSULTING THING BARRENS CHAT" and then 2 hours of blessed silence.

Lucky. Damn lucky. ;-)

t stilist: I use Camino. I never even tried Safari. :|

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    god. I've been trying to get my guild to tone down on racist and sexist and homophobic comments. We're on kael'thas though so I can't really complain.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well, I'm on another continent and speak another language, but it was exactly as bad as all the stories I've heard here and elsewhere.
    A friend even bought the shirt. :P

Yes, but do you have a comparison with Alliance /general retardation? :P I think it may be a case of the grass is greener, except with retards in chat. There probably is a little bit of difference between Alliance and Horde due to certain personalities being attracted to certain factions, but I really think the overwhelming retardation is more due to immaturity, which is present in abundance on both sides.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    WHERE IS MANKIRKS WIFE?

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    t stilist: I use Camino. I never even tried Safari. :|
    I don’t really like Safari, but Firefox just feels wrong, and Camino is the same way. So I just stick with Safari (well, WebKit nightlies) on the Mac and Firefox on the PC.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    god. I've been trying to get my guild to tone down on racist and sexist and homophobic comments. We're on kael'thas though so I can't really complain.

ITT: Eddy is an Uncle Tom. Or a sellout. Both?
    <3

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I find it funny that the barrens was universially stupid from server to server.

Also I'm totes buying a season 3 staff.

Casual Eddy on
This discussion has been closed.