As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best way to check Chinchilla Compatibility

NrthstarNrthstar Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I really want to get my Chinchilla a cage buddy, as they are social creatures that thrive off of at least having one other chin with them in their cage. The cage I have is definately large enough for two chins, possible even three (it's the largest cage that I could find and spent more on it than I did my chin). I've read all the rules and suggestions I could about chins, and to not place both in the cage together immediately as they might kill each other (literally), but before I even did that I've been trying to figure out how to introduce the chins to each other before I even buy the second one just so I can have some idea whether or not they will get along. Will a breeder or store let them say hello to one another before I spend another 300 dollars on a second cage/chin to give them time to get to know each other?

Pretty much I'm looking for people who have had personal experience with this.

"Shut up and Die"
Nrthstar on