Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Miniphalla] Belarus (GAME OVER) | Victory of Freedom!

145791012

Posts

  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think he's trying to say your loyalties do not lie with the Motherland. That you have been bought off by the Americans and their views of freedom.

    M.D. on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think he's trying to say your loyalties do not lie with the Motherland. That you have been bought off by the Americans and their views of freedom.

    I pretty much gathered that, but I'm really confused by his invokation of the "Law of Obviosity"*

    *It's obvious, therefore you're wrong

    Rend on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    There's plenty of time left in the day.

    I'll be posting my speculations later.

    Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zot wrote: »
    There's plenty of time left in the day.

    I'll be posting my speculations later, when you're not online to defend yourself from them.

    Rend on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Eh, it doesn't too much matter, I suppose... O.o I don't put a whole lot of stock into the Law of Obviosity.

    I'm sorry, embark, I can understand not being active. Mass Effect has the same hold over me as CoD likely does over you, but you are usually much more inquisitive than this, i've noticed.

    [edit] Or at least, I perceive it so. You know I like you, don't take it personally, you're just posting a bit odd. First bandwagon? No inquisition? This isn't exactly the embarkation I know and <3

    Rend on
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    !Vote Obbi Unfortunately, I'll be busy until about 5 PM tomorrow. So I'll have to throw in my vote now.

    Valkun on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Greetings Comrades!

    ...Hey, why does the air taste like mustard?

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I was going to be a little more cautious with this but while laying in bed I realized that we suffered a 25% mortality rate last night D:.

    Day 2 Epic Reveal!

    I am a (possibly the) seer. Last night I targetted Rend and recieved the following reply:
    "Rend is a Freedom Fighter for the People's Militia of Homiel Defense and Prosperity.


    They are not aligned with the village."

    I was hoping to get one more seering in before having to take a risk, but it looks like if I stall any longer it'll be too late.

    I'm not sure if the KGB are necessarily on our side, as they might just be here to exterminate the village and ensure we don't let word out about what's happening.

    I understand the risk I'm taking by outing myself this early, I just hope we have a guardian type role D:.

    Valkun on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Valkun wrote: »
    I was going to be a little more cautious with this but while laying in bed I realized that we suffered a 25% mortality rate last night D:.

    Day 2 Epic Reveal!

    I am a (possibly the) seer. Last night I targetted Rend and recieved the following reply:
    "Rend is a Freedom Fighter for the People's Militia of Homiel Defense and Prosperity.


    They are not aligned with the village."

    I was hoping to get one more seering in before having to take a risk, but it looks like if I stall any longer it'll be too late.

    I'm not sure if the KGB are necessarily on our side, as they might just be here to exterminate the village and ensure we don't let word out about what's happening.

    I understand the risk I'm taking by outing myself this early, I just hope we have a guardian type role D:.

    ...again...? Last time this happened, I turned up innocent. At least Embarkation had the courtesy to note that it was dead people who gave him his vision and not claim his falseness himself.

    Valkun, I don't know _why_ you're trying to protect Embarkation by drawing my vote away from him, but you're not going to succeed. You and Zot can go on baseless crap as much as you desire-- anyone can say "lol I'm teh seer!"

    I'll stick with my logic.

    Rend on
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I should really be sleeping D:.

    But if I don't respond to this, I'm just going to stir all night.

    So you're postulating that both Mr. Embarkton and I are on the same team? Because it'd completely make sense for me to stick out my neck for my supposed team mate when he could just as easily claim to be a special himself? Not to mention that it'd take a pretty skittish player to freak out over 3 votes.

    I really have no feelings for Mr. E one way or another, he could very well be an evil KGB agent. But I know that we have vigilantes and a (hopefully) opposing faction that will kill you tonight, Rend.

    I'm highly doubtful that the Freedom Fighters would be given two kills a night and a seering ability of their own, so I'm betting their bandwagon against Mr. E is a shot in the dark for them. !Retract Obbi !Vote Mr. Embarkation Until we find a better target, I'm perfectly willing to vote for him. I figure Obbi and/or Zellpher are in the Freedom Fighters since they so easily decided to vote for Rend's choice.

    Valkun on
  • ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wait, I thought obbi started the embarkation bandwagon? Also, I just wanted to do the backwards pun thing.

    Zellpher on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    First of all, obbi had an embarkation vote before me.

    Maybe Embarkation is the Freedom Fighter squad leader and you're trying to protect him? Regardless, I don't see why the only way people can think of to get people to kill me is by 'claiming' to seer me publicly. Why doesn't anyone just confront me _without_ astronomical claims of seerdom?

    Maybe you aren't on the same team, Valkun, but this stunt has me convinced you're either evil or misguided. You're just as likely a candidate for those kills as you've made me, regardless of the veracity of your statements. And do you honestly think the village has a vigilante kill right now? If they do, why haven't we seen it in the narration? I see every kill as either a vote, KGB, or FF.

    Anyway, I' not the one who needs to worry about dying, not as long as i don't take the vote. The vote is the village's true weapon, and unless we waste that taking me down, everything goes as planned. Vanillagers are basically just cannon-fodder for the specials anyway.

    My duty will have been served.

    I should be asleep too... freakin' good thing I can't sleep atm, and i was able to respond to your claims. God knows a bandwagon would form fast around 'eppik revealz!'

    Rend on
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It was Rend, I've been carefully monitoring his activities since 6:36 PM PST today.

    Are mini-phallas usually this short? :| My first time as Seer and I get screwed by a quick time limit.

    Valkun on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Valkun wrote: »
    It was Rend, I've been carefully monitoring his activities since 6:36 PM PST today.

    Are mini-phallas usually this short? :| My first time as Seer and I get screwed by a quick time limit.

    Wait, no you're right, I was first, obbi came after me. [/bad]

    Rend on
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You know it's a useless endeavor for you. I don't care if you get the vote or not, I'm convinced that any remaining KGB operatives or someone will kill you. One less non-villager brings us closer to victory.

    And the reason I'm assuming there's a vigilante is that given the apparent number of kills that the non-villager factions get, we'd be horribly horribly underpowered. It's simply a matter of balance.

    Like I said before, I'm not protecting Mr. E. I'm trying to let those who are interested in killing Freedom Fighters know who you are.

    Besides, there's another glaring hole in your argument.

    Let's say, hypothetically, I was a team mate of Mr. E. Wouldn't it make more sense for me to cast suspicion on someone completely unrelated to him? That'd make it harder to deduce this supposed connection between us. Your scenario is obviously the best scare tactic you could come up with to throw people off the trail and is sporting huge holes in logic.

    Valkun on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You pretty much silenced my Embarkation fears (you two being in cahoots) by voting for him and accepting a bandwagon on him. I'm still suspicious, you might just be misguided. But I don't see how the CRAP making this public would help the village at all, and I have a hard time believing someone who's not village-aligned would do that.

    What's a useless endeavor for me? Not getting the vote? That's not useless. If there is a vigilante out there (I don't think there is, I'll explain in a minute), I don't think he'll kill me. I'd like to think the people playing this one are a bit more intelligent than to believe a self-outed seer who relies on nothing more than large font to make his point.

    The last seer to publicly out himself was Zot, and we all saw how well that went. And here you are, attempting to follow in his footsteps? Even Zot admitted there was some mistakes in his execution there.

    Point is, as long as I don't eat the vote, the village's weapon is not wasted. I don't believe the village has a vigilante, because if 2 mafias each have 2 kills, based on the narration, then they'll end up destroying enough of each other to balance out the game for us. The village doesn't need a vigilante in this case, they have rivaling villains, and in this sort of game that's a powerful enough balancing element that only giving us a seer and, possibly, a guardian, would make for a balanced game.

    I could be wrong, we could have a vigilante. Maybe he gets his powers day 2 or something. you haven't claimed contact with him though, and so we don't have confirmation of his existence. However, if he does exist, I'm confident I won't eat his kill. Maybe I'll eat the KGB kill, or maybe even the Freedom Fighter kill? I doubt the freedom fighter kill. You aren't claiming I'm KGB. At least the _freedom fighters_ can see through you. Why won't I eat vigilant death tonight? Because i don't think an intelligent vigilante would listen to someone with no proof, using the oldest phalla trick in the book.

    Rend on
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm sorry, I haven't played Phalla in a long time. So I have no idea what you're talking about with this Zot business.

    The reason I outted myself is that if I waited until tomorrow:
    33% chance I would die
    33% chance my second target would be killed.
    ~43% chance of being useful by the end of today.

    At the current rate, this phalla could end in as little as two-three more days. I don't have time to waste waiting for someone who can validate my claims.

    My current speculation is that there were at least 3 KGB operatives at the start since two people could hardly be considered a squad. Worst case scenario, you die and somehow you get a bandwagon started on me/you kill me with no guardian support. Best case scenario, you die and we use our vote intelligently to kill another villain.

    Due to the apparent time frame of this game, I have no choice but to take drastic action.

    Valkun on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I understand the time frame, but what in the lord's name makes you different from Obbi or Mr. Embarkation or Zot, any of them? What makes you more believable than any of them coming out, pretending to be a seer, and saying: "Hey, [x person I am suspicious of] is guilty!"?

    Rend on
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ok, answer this: What do I have to gain by directing the KGB vote/vigilante vote onto a supposedly innocent player? Chances are they'd kill one anyways. And by tomorrow if you were innocent, I'd be hung out to dry.

    So you're postulating that I'd give out my role as a villain to maybe kill an innocent villager?

    That sounds like a sweet deal. :P

    Valkun on
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have to be up at 6:00 tomorrow, but it's so much fun to poke holes in Rend's little lies and haphazard explanations. :lol: How about we call a truce for tonight and get some sleep? I'm sure you'll come up with something more plausible by morning.

    Valkun on
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What the hell are you two talking about?

    Qorzm on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Qorzm wrote: »
    What the hell are you two talking about?

    I'm pretty sure he is claiming he is a seer and that I am consequently teh evilz.

    And, Valkun, i don't have a whole lot of time tomorrow, so I'll have to make my arguments whilst I still am able.

    I don't think you're going to die. You probably, at the point where you decided to claim seer, figured you'd be guarded. Maybe you just _really_ suspect me and you're a villager. Either way you're leading the village to ruin. The guardian would not guard you, the vigilante would not vig me, there's no holes in any of my arguments besides the imaginary ones you're conjuring up with your pretty little cards stacked in what looks like a house, but you have nothing solid, nothing at all. This all hinges on us believing you're a seer, and frankly I don't.

    Not for a second.

    I'm usually quicker to believe outed specials and things of that nature, but not when they happen to try and tell me my alignment. -_-

    I know you so enjoy 'poking holes' in my 'haphazard arguments,' but you should check the wear and tear on your own abode before you tread into mine. Mine rests in logic, and logic is solid as brick.

    Rend on
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I can confirm that Valkun is not lying. I think the way this works is that the village gets pooped on either way. The KGB must kill the freedom fighters to win, and the Freedom Fighters have to kill the KGB to win. The neutrals are just incidental to that struggle. Not sure what our win condition is, maybe to get rid of both the KGB and Freedom Fighters? Kind of hard to make out.

    Anyhow, at this point, we have to make a choice. Either we help the Freedom Fighters finish off the KGB to "see what happens" or we defend the KGB and off the Freedom Fighters to try and even it out a bit. If the Freedom Fighters win, does the village lose?

    I personally don't think so. So, I'm not going to vote for Rend, even though he is most likely going to be killed by the last(?) KGB guy tonight. I'll side with the FF and see what comes of it.

    Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Woah woah waoh. Before anyone starts speculating what team i'm on I should let you all know i'm a seer and shouldn't die.

    Wait that isn't right...I think it's RNG = Random Number Generator.

    No no, that isn't it either.

    Oh yea i'm a nobody. A villager with no photoshop skills. A Ruskie who merely wants to live in peace.

    I dunno why Valkun is voting for me but at the same time trying to show you for who you really are Rend but we aren't together. I would have came out as the seer if we were(so he wasn't outed) as I did in the viral phalla.

    But I do think Rend and Obbi may be in bed together once again.

    I don't mind taking the vote cause this will prove who has whose interest in heart. Mother Russia or their own personal agenda.

    M.D. on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    One more thing, I wasn't flipping out or whatever over 3 votes. It is a lot easier to get people to stop voting for you sooner than later when the majority is on you.

    M.D. on
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Rend wrote: »
    Qorzm wrote: »
    What the hell are you two talking about?

    I'm pretty sure he is claiming he is a seer and that I am consequently teh evilz.

    And, Valkun, i don't have a whole lot of time tomorrow, so I'll have to make my arguments whilst I still am able.

    I don't think you're going to die. You probably, at the point where you decided to claim seer, figured you'd be guarded. Maybe you just _really_ suspect me and you're a villager. Either way you're leading the village to ruin. The guardian would not guard you, the vigilante would not vig me, there's no holes in any of my arguments besides the imaginary ones you're conjuring up with your pretty little cards stacked in what looks like a house, but you have nothing solid, nothing at all. This all hinges on us believing you're a seer, and frankly I don't.

    Not for a second.

    I'm usually quicker to believe outed specials and things of that nature, but not when they happen to try and tell me my alignment. -_-

    I know you so enjoy 'poking holes' in my 'haphazard arguments,' but you should check the wear and tear on your own abode before you tread into mine. Mine rests in logic, and logic is solid as brick.

    That's funny. So apparently all of the points I brought up do not provide 'holes' in your logic? Do you not have an adequate answer to my question then? Here, let's do a thought exercise:

    What does Valkun have to gain by claiming to be a seer and saying that Rend is an evil Freedom Fighter?

    Valkun is a villager and not a seer. I'd be purposely increasing my risk of dieing to villians and if you turn out to be innocent tomorrow, I'd be voted off. I'd gain nothing.

    Valkun is a KGB operative with a seer ability. I'd be making myself a target for the Freedom Fighters so that I could what? I'm not even asking people to vote for you. If I was KGB, I'd just kill you myself.

    Valkun is a Freedom Fighter. If you were innocent tomorrow, I'd be voted off for being a fraud. If you were my fellow Freedom Fighter, the villagers would believe me but the KGB would kill me.

    Valkun is a good aligned Seer. I'd be increasesing my risk of dieing tonight to kill off someone that has been marked as a Freedom Fighter and not aligned with the village. If you turned out to be innocent, I'd be voted off tomorrow. However, once you die and are exposed from the communist hating Freedom Fighter that you are, we'll be one step closer to victory.

    Simply ask yourself how I'd benefit if I was lieing. There's no scenario where this would be profitable for me if I wasn't telling the truth (that and look over all the other points I've brought up). Now that I look at it, your only claim is that "Valkun is wrong because Zot was wrong! We've been down this road before." I'm willing to bet that in those cases, the 'seer' was actually being bandwagoned or otherwise pressured into revealing a false role. Like you are now, claiming to be a villager. If I was a villian, there'd be no reason for me to out myself like this since no one was bandwagoning me or casting suspicion upon me.


    Sorry Mr. E. I just wanted to kill one of Rend's theories to put him on edge and up the chances of his slipping up majorly. Since I've only had one seering so far, I can only say for certain that Rend is evil. You are still a mystery. Comb through the vote records, I know it was only day one but maybe we can figure out who the non-villagers are and start hunting them down.

    Valkun on
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh that. Rend's quickest lie was that I was somehow on your team and trying to get a bandwagon off of you. One of my many points was that three people hardly constitute a bandwagon. After that, he has absolutely no plausible explanation for why I'm doing what I'm doing. So he's just trying to beat his chest and claim that I have no case without any real proof on his part.

    My proof is pure logic. I have nothing to gain and everything to lose if I'm lieing. I have something to gain and everything to lose if I'm telling the truth. If I say nothing, I still have a fairly large chance of losing everything and a slim chance of bettering my position.

    Valkun on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yep, I do believe removing Rend is better for the village. But the village is bent on me.

    This game didn't have much to go off of day 1 so I didn't have much to say.

    Day 2 we find out we have KGB and Freedom fighters out there and we're not sure who wants the village to win. But if Rend is a Freedom Fighter and he's killing me, the villager, then clearly his best interest do not lie with the village.

    So if my death proves Rend and his band of Freedom loving American dogs are evil then that is cool. Also Zellpher is something I think.

    M.D. on
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm going to !vote Rend for that horrible brick/card houses metaphor.

    evilbob on
    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    evilbob, let the vigilante/KGB handle Rend. Let's try to find another villian for our vote. Unfortunately I have to go to a lab right now. So I'm leaving it up to you guys to deduce who the other non-villagers are. Good luck guys, make me proud.

    Valkun on
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Valkun, Rend and Mr E are all non villagers.

    evilbob on
    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    evilbob wrote: »
    Valkun, Rend and Mr E are all non villagers.

    How am I a non villager? I can spout off stuff too.

    Zot is a dolphin with lasers on his head who blows up buildings. He is the reason for the explosions.

    Also you're evil. It's in your name. How much more proof do we need.

    M.D. on
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Don't deny it. I know you are. I know through my mastery of the fourth dimension.

    evilbob on
    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well at the very least not a vanillager anyway.

    evilbob on
    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man, you wanna take a gamble on that theory.

    M.D. on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I call shenanigans.

    Why on earth would Valkun out him/herself as a seer, pointing a finger at someone and then say "meh", and not urge people to vote for them? Why is Mr. E acting like Lord Voldemort with his
    Woah woah waoh. Before anyone starts speculating what team i'm on I should let you all know i'm a seer and shouldn't die.

    Wait that isn't right...I think it's RNG = Random Number Generator.

    No no, that isn't it either.

    Oh yea i'm a nobody. A villager with no photoshop skills. A Ruskie who merely wants to live in peace.

    That's not suspicious at all.

    Why is Rend not flipping into his "Okay, you got me, I'm a bad guy" mode, like he usually does when he's outed- I've seen him use his "bad-guy" routine to set up networks before, but he's basically done nothing but say "you're a nutjob".

    Granted, Cheez had my spot for the first day, so maybe there are lots of underground stuff that s/he was a part of that I'm not, but from my first impressions... I think there is some trickery afoot.

    And I refuse to say the joke that leaps to mind at that, because I would get bandwagoned out of existence very quickly if I did :P

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man, i'm innocent. I can't prove it cause my role is plastered on the second page. I received nothing else.

    M.D. on
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well the vanillagers didn't get any pm about the game having started until several hours after the game started. Some people started very early. Most notably you and Oatway (a KGB agent) who started almost immediately. Valkun and Rend were about an hour after the game started but it's early enough to lend some credence to Valkun's claim in my opinion.

    It's hardly an infallible theory I know, there's a good chance that's just when people noticed there were new posts in the thread, but hey it's something to go on.

    evilbob on
    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    evilbob wrote: »
    Well the vanillagers didn't get any pm about the game having started until several hours after the game started. Some people started very early. Most notably you and Oatway (a KGB agent) who started almost immediately. Valkun and Rend were about an hour after the game started but it's early enough to lend some credence to Valkun's claim in my opinion.

    It's hardly an infallible theory I know, there's a good chance that's just when people noticed there were new posts in the thread, but hey it's something to go on.

    Well I saw the change to the title and started posting right away. I was bored at work. But it is a good theory.

    M.D. on
  • zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yes, the reason why is the fact that the specials were sent PMs to tell them when game start was, but the vanillas werent until like three hours after. So yes, it does increase their chances a tad bit if the posted immediatly. But of course, that is still a paper thin theory, so its not enough to incriminate someone.

    zanmatto on
Sign In or Register to comment.